This Year’s Grammy Rehearsal

forever

Oliver just threw up a comparative essay of last year’s Grammy rehearsal for “Swagger Like Us” and this photo of Lil Wayne, Drake & Eminem rehearsing “Forever.”

Man how time soars.

79 Responses to “This Year’s Grammy Rehearsal”

1. PHENOMENON Says:

I never thought I’d hear someone more off-beat than silk the shocker.

^ ^
    **Minus 25O Health Points.

2. Shooter Says:

things to expect from this performance:

* Wayne pretending to play the guitar
    * Drake falling off stage and/or performing from a chair
    * Eminem grabbing his crotch for the duration (n/h)

3. Teddy Says:

even int he photo u can see eminem doing hsi new stage dance stiff frankenstine walk combined with chicken walk

4. B.Payton Says:

daaaaamn no mr. west? he takin a break from award shows?

5. raweezners Says:

oh man wayne looks deformed when im high..DAM

6. Poon Says:

^word

7. Mr.Londoner Says:

# Teddy Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 5:18 am

=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=–=-=-
    He’s from the crotch grabbing age.. give him a break

8. Jimmy Valentime Says:

The governor of FL is refusing to allow injured people from haiti including children to use the hospitals in florida; his office #.
    (850) 488-7146 it open monday through friday. I f you see this please post this on face book and twitter

Google the story for more information

Jv

Ps I don’t care if you like me or my music ..but this important

9. Yung Hopp Says:

I doubt that performance’s goin’ to be more enjoyable to me than Swagger Like Us was.
    ==============================================
    Tip & Jay have been replaced by Eminem & Drake.

It might lack the “swagger” of last year’s performance but I’d say there’s a good chance this performance will be better. The song is definitely better.
    ==============================================
    Oh, the song’s better. I agree with you there. But Swagger Like Us is more lyrical, it felt right when they performed there and it was very professional.

Only reason I may watch this one is to wait for Eminem to come up with that verse that makes the other three seem smaller.

I gotta get my hopes up for ’11, tho. T.I.’s already back recording.

And on the whole “2010’s Drake’s year” thing … He might sell more. But ’10 is full of artist that are perfectly capable of delivering material that’ll be more solid than the kid’s album. I don’t follow 50 Cent’s philosophy, I refuse to accept that the best Rapper is the one wit’ more sells on the belt …

10. Cluester Says:

Honestly I don’t wanna see it if kanye isnt performing…he had the seconds best verse on there anyways.

11. hl Says:

Ya’ll actually watch the grammys? I could care less really.

12. Sleep Says:

I feel for the people of haiti and I support the cause. I agree america need to set up some make shift hospitals over here to help them. But If u ever been to a hospital it take 3 hours in the ER. If u put those haitian it there now, 3hrs will turn into 10. A country number one priority is its citizens no disrespect to our fellow haitians. The problem is that we have too many patients and no enough doctors..so like I said we need some make shift hospital set up in florida and have doctors from all around the world helping the hatians there. Problem solved, obama holla at me.

13. hl Says:

—–

You should check out the recent interview with Micheal Moore at the Democracy Now. He said a large nursing association were able to get like 12000 nurses willing to volunteer their services to the haitian people but the Obama administration wouldn’t hear them out. Haven’t had time to fact check this so I’m not sure how true it is, but it sounded prrtty similar to your idea.

democracynow.org/2010/1/26/michael_moore_on_haiti_the_supreme

# Shooter Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 5:11 am

things to expect from this performance:

* Wayne pretending to play the guitar
    * Drake falling off stage and/or performing from a chair
    * Eminem grabbing his crotch for the duration (n/h)

^It’s funny because it’s true (more than likely).

hI

What Katrina hit, the Bush administration did the same thing. Fidel had a few dozen Black doctors ready to assist in the situation and they denied access.

16. hl Says:

—-

Yeah, that shit just don’t add up IMO.

When Katrina*

18. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

more importantly, does anyone here have any idea how to convert Atrac (.oma) files to regular mp3 files using Windows 7? any software suggestions?

Windows huh? Sorry to hear that.

20. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

btw, unless you’re married and/or born with a vagina, there’s absolutely NO fucking excuse for goddamn MAN to sit at home and watch the fucking grammys. seriously?! kids these days. no wonder Clint Eastwood refers to this as the “Pussy” generation.

21. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

^listen, if i was smart enough to use something other than Windows, then i probably wouldn’t have to ask any questions about converting files, now would i?

22. London Underground Says:

Bigger then “Best I Ever Had” & “Successful”?

I don’t know about that

Both Day ‘N Night and Best I Ever Had were big in the U.S, but Day ‘N Night killed it internationally whereas Best I Ever had’s success was only local to U.S and Canada really
    ****

no-sign- those two records are still getting lots of play on radio/ music channels in the UK, can’t say either version of Day n Night had that staying power (nh).

23. strongarm Says:

look up “winff”

# D. Billz Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 9:52 am

Windows huh? Sorry to hear that.
    **********
    i hope you’re not an apple fuckboy

24. Polka Says:

Kanye has to perform as well, considering he has the best verse after em. (but that’s just my opinion, don’t shoot)

# strongarm Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 10:57 am

look up “winff”

# D. Billz Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 9:52 am

Windows huh? Sorry to hear that.
    **********
    i hope you’re not an apple fuckboy

^ tinyurl.com/y8ayz83

26. strongarm Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 11:46 am

# strongarm Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 10:57 am

look up “winff”

# D. Billz Says:
    January 31st, 2010 at 9:52 am

Windows huh? Sorry to hear that.
    **********
    i hope you’re not an apple fuckboy

^ tinyurl.com/y8ayz83
    *********************
    absolutely

27. the return o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

@strongarm
    thanks, but it appears that i’ve once again allowed myself to be fucked by Sony software. fail.

28. SMH more Says:

the grammy do suck, overall. some of it is good obvi…like sometimes they’ll have memorable performances that i’ll watch on youtube.

but the way they pick winners is not always by the best song or artist. politics and other gay shit get in the way. so by that very fact you’re gonna have shitty results.

grammy is not just about the music. which is why it fails

don’t get me wrong…some of the winners do deserve their noms and awards but a lot of it is just weeetaahded

29. Nah Right » Video: Curtis Performs Live at the Winter X-Games Says:

[…] Applaud Alchemist who managed to rehearse for “Forever” with Eminem yesterday, make it out to Chicago for his gig at night and then immediately catch a flight back to L.A. for […]