Video: Lil Wayne – The Nino Brown Story Part 2

I saw this floating around the other day but someone went through the trouble of breaking it down into parts and uploading it to Youtube, so you’ll find the 9 parts conveniently sequenced in the playlist above. Now, someone tell Bow Wow we don’t want his side of the story.

92 Responses to “Video: Lil Wayne – The Nino Brown Story Part 2”

1. NovemberEnd Says:

‘93 > ‘94 > ‘98 > ‘92 > ‘90 > ‘91 > 95> ‘96 > ‘97 > ‘99

2. Beave Says:

Damn, good look on this! Something to do before I get on the grind.

3. don p aka what did the 5 fingers say to the face? Says:

this > carter doc

4. Beezy Says:

“shut up before I fuck ya moms”

5. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

so the fact that your grandmother can rap the lyrics to Big Poppa, Juicy, I Get Around, etc. – word for word – has NO relevance in this conversation? melodies catch your ear, lyrics make the song memorable. melodies make it easier for the listener to recite the lyrics while listening to the song – otherwise known as an act called ’singing’.

6. Jersey*made*me Says:

Who Shot Ya wasn’t a hit.

7. Joe 88 Says:

^Not really. lol. The hook is what you hear more than anything else on a record except the beat, and for a hit record, those two have to be dope. There good songs reguardless if they was hits or not, but what made them hit records was the hook. That’s what we’re tryna say.

And Jersey, Ether was infact definently NOT a hit record. lol

8. Jersey*made*me Says:

Hit Em Up wasn’t a hit

9. Joe 88 Says:

Who Shot Ya wasn’t a hit.

^No

10. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

on top of that, if lyrics are as worthless as you claim, then old white republicans wouldn’t have a history of hating rap.

hmm. maybe it’s the melodies they’ve been rallying against in congress for all these years.

okay, how’s that for a logic jump?

11. b-ease Says:

melodies catch your ear, lyrics make the song memorable.

I’m not discussing who makes memorable songs, or classic songs. Just hits. There are plenty of songs that become hits that fade into complete obscurity.

And sure, some non-hip hop listeners know the “Birthdays was the worst days” line in Juicy (for example). But isnt that line delivered in a melody different from the rest of the verses? Would said person have even listened enough if the insanely catchy hook for “Juicy Fruit” wasnt used during the chorus? Answer to the first question is yes, answer to the second is no.

12. b-ease Says:

Hit Em Up wasn’t a hit

Correct.

13. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

maaaaaaan please. not to say that lyrics dont matter at all, but hooks make a career. WORD TO NELLY

ANDALE ANDALE MAMI EEEE IIII EEE IIIII UUHHHHH OOHHHHHHHHHH

wackest nigga in hip hop history. gimme ja rule, 2 pistols, mack maine or any other garbage ass nigga before nelly. thats a motherfuckin clown right there. He’s more proof that image is everything

14. Jersey*made*me Says:

Rapper’s Delight wasn’t a hit,it didn’t have a melody or hook.

15. b-ease Says:

on top of that, if lyrics are as worthless as you claim

Who said lyrics were worthless? I simply said in order to have a HIT song, you have to have a easy to remember/catchy melody for the hook.

okay, how’s that for a logic jump?
    An even farther leap than your first one.

16. LaneKiffin*CainSniffin*LaneSwitchin* Says:

aight i got one diss song that was a somewhat hit.
    Drag em in the river – wasnt it some niggas dissin on Mystikal or Master P? i 4get but that shit was real hot in the south for a minute

17. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

and if you hate lyrics so much, why listen to rap?

18. Jersey*made*me Says:

The definition of a hit has changed 1/28/10,please be advised.

Protect Ya Neck wasn’t a hit,it had no hook or melody.Take note.

19. b-ease Says:

Rapper’s Delight wasn’t a hit,it didn’t have a melody or hook.

You’re right, there wasnt a hook.

But it was a completely new form of delivery over the beat for one of the MOST POPULAR songs of the decade (Chic’s Good Times).

And you know what “Good Times” had? That’s right, a melody.

20. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

define melody. i seemed to be confused.

21. b-ease Says:

and if you hate lyrics so much, why listen to rap?

Who hates lyrics? Take that wounded backpacker shit somewhere else. You leaped into a debate without fully comprehending the point that was being made.

HIT records are made by melodies and hooks. You have provided not ONE example to the contray.

22. b-ease Says:

Who Shot Ya wasn’t a hit.

Correct.

23. b-ease Says:

contrary > contray

24. Joe 88 Says:

Rapper’s Delight wasn’t a hit,it didn’t have a melody or hook.

*muthafucking dead*

C’mon jersey, i’ve seen niggas reach before, but damn, this is by far the longest reach i’ve ever seen, rappers delight was the first rap song to come out on a major label for christ sakes. It would’ve been a hit record if they just released 8 bars on it and let it rock for the rest of the song, lol

And that song was like 16 minutes, but you wont hear the whole song prolly ever on the radio, just the verses everyone remembers. And those verses was hevily influenced and carried by what? melody, let a rza rapping nigga go in over that beat, it wouldn’t be as huge a hit as it was

25. NovemberEnd Says:

LOL @ this discussion

26. b-ease Says:

Protect Ya Neck wasn’t a hit,

It sure wasnt. CREAM was tho. Dope hook, and Meth’s voice had a very melodious quality on the hook.

27. NovemberEnd Says:

a nigga just get….confused

28. Jersey*made*me Says:

Ether,a song that’s world reknowned,is NOT a hit.A song which spawned the most used term on Nah,next to ayo,is NOT a hit,I repeat NOT a hit.So what millions of people pirated,dl’d,and bought it,it’s NOT a hit.Don’t ever in your life call Ether a hit,forget about that Swizz hook,it’s still NOT a hit.

29. Beezy Says:

Bigge & Bad Boy Team over CREAM >>>

30. Dewill Says:

and if you hate lyrics so much, why listen to rap?

Oh shit!!!!
    Yall done got b-ease’s blood to boilin.. LOL

31. Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:

8note to new guy*
    Never reveal your confused
    Its like putting your bloody foot in a shark tank or daring someone to hit you with a rock at a stoning

32. Joe 88 Says:

and all of the songs your naming jersey are street hits, not mainstream hits. The biggest hit from 36 chambers was “C.R.E.A.M” and guess what carried that song? You fucking guessed it buddy, THE FREAKING HOOK.

33. b-ease Says:

Just because a song is a hiphop classic, or influenced the game, doesnt mean it was a hit record. At all. I’m not even sure how this debate is happening.

34. Beezy Says:

you niggas is forcing b-ease hand

im fearful for your livs

35. Joe 88 Says:

Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:15 pm
    8note to new guy*
    Never reveal your confused

^I didn’t make it pass this sentence, lol the buck/50 (no pun intended) conversation pop right up in my head (n)

36. b-ease Says:

define melody. i seemed to be confused.

I’m not defining shit. But cosign you being confused.

37. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

okay, so now i need 2 definitions: (1) melody; (2) hit.
    proceed.

38. Jersey*made*me Says:

I Ain’t No Joke is NOT a hit,say it is and i’ll sick b-ease on you nigga.It had no hook or melody.Now Check out my Melody on the other hand,WAS a hit.It had a melody.

39. don p aka what did the 5 fingers say to the face? Says:

STFU B.

40. Dewill Says:

Beezy Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:17 pm
    you niggas is forcing b-ease hand

im fearful for your livs

Word… lol
    I can see that nigga at the work place squeezing the hell outta a stress reliever throwin shit around..

41. Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:

*note to new guy*

42. Joe 88 Says:

define melody. i seemed to be confused.

I’m not defining shit. But cosign you being confused.

*dead*

43. Jersey*made*me Says:

I’m not defining shit.

*crying*

44. sb Says:

people actually think Wayne saved hip hop?

45. b-ease Says:

sb Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:20 pm
    people actually think Wayne saved hip hop?

Hey yo, get the fuck outta here with that commenting on the actual post shit fam. It aint the time for that.

46. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

i’m confused b/c @ first you seemed to make a crystal clear distinction between ‘lyrics’ and ‘melodies’, but now it seems that there’s not such a clear division between the two. now you’re making them sound interchangeable. that’s why i need your definition.

47. Beezy Says:

b-ease Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:21 pm
    sb Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:20 pm
    people actually think Wayne saved hip hop?

>>I’ve noticed you have opened a few of your aggressively worded comments with “hey yo” lately

very Razor Ramon-esque of you

*applauds*

48. Dewill Says:

@ b-ease

Don’t do it bloodbath…Don’t do it bloodbath!!! (c) Malibu’s Most Wanted

49. Joe 88 Says:

@the return line

Either you get it, or you don’t. I honestly don’t see what else there is to explain. If you don’t get it, just go back a thread.

50. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

*screams down an empty hallway* “I’m new here!!! I don’t know what i’m doing”

51. b-ease Says:

Aight, I gotta bounce from the gig.

Peace.

52. NovemberEnd Says:

Mel-o-dy

ø such sequences of notes collectively

ø the principal part in harmonized music

53. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

lol. you’re right. i just enjoy arguing about rap-related shit. acutally, i just like arguing. my life is empty.

54. Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:

the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:24 pm
    *screams down an empty hallway* “I’m new here!!! I don’t know what i’m doing”
    ================================================
    *Voice echos back out of the empty hallway
    *”It’s ok your just Confused”

55. Beezy Says:

the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

^LOL

56. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

but that “backpacker” line did kind of offend me.

seriously.

57. Nanyanen: Miami-street, but ex-Pat like Miami Heat Says:

*daps all*
    What’s good Nah?

58. Dewill Says:

This is exactly why it took me 2 years to become a regular on the site.. A grown man can only take so much ridicule… Niggas be serious in those debates..regardless the subject.. LOL

59. Jersey*made*me Says:

On the real,I hope lyrical niggas don’t subscribe to the bullshit idea that there are no hit lyrics.Lyrics make the record,who would sit there and listen to a hook tape,or melody tape?I like Styles,Nas,Killah Priest,etc for lyrics.I ALWAYS pay for their retail projects on gp.I get the whole radio spin thing,but the radio didn’t make hip hop.But they do have it hostage,smh.

60. Joe 88 Says:

>Is ‘Pants on the Ground’ song a rip-off?

General Larry Platt’s wacky rap became an overnight sensation, but a duo claims the song was their idea

^SMH. Is this old nigga even making any bread off this song? Niggas already ready to steal his 15 minutes of fame. Just let that old nigga sing “pants on the ground” while doing sit ups with a skully on for christ sakes.

SMH

61. Nanyanen: Miami-street, but ex-Pat like Miami Heat Says:

_____>>>waiting to get unmoderated (nhjic)

62. Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:

Lil Wayne made coonery ( no commenter) a liitle more acceptable

63. verses Says:

“Now, someone tell Bow Wow we don’t want his side of the story.”

^^^^^^^^^^^

we dont wanna hear lil wangs side either.

64. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

^yep. maybe we should say that you can’t simply judge a “hit” lyric by the same standards that you do a “hit” melody. personally, lyrics are equivalent to God. that’s why i still support Az.

65. Nanyanen: Miami-street, but ex-Pat like Miami Heat Says:

# Brooklyn Strong aka The elder Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Lil Wayne made coonery ( no commenter) a liitle more acceptable

^^ and vice-versa…
    but speak on it, if you would (n)

66. Boos Bigelow Says:

I’ve debunked this “lyrical” myth and theory so many times on this site.

“lyrics” are a gate guarder for those who seek to maintain the power of traditional rap. Just like people use “fundamentals” as a purist or a gate guarder to maintain the status quo of their type of basketball.

67. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

btw, did anyone ever respond to my thoughts on Mannie Fresh being one of the greatest producers to bless the game?

68. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

@Boos
    when people lose faith in the power of the lyric, that’s when the lyric is rendered powerless. in other words, when fans stop placing on a premium on lyrics, as opposed to misplacing that premium on catchy hooks, then Gucci Man flourishes.

69. Joe 88 Says:

^That’s old news, we been spoke on that. I doubt anyone above the mason dixon will agree tho.

70. Mr.Londoner Says:

bless the ninja that still thinks street dvd’s is profitable..

Q3 Carter 3 Doc >

71. I Fux Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=95qU9he5_ek&feature=player_embedded

^^^^^^
    *dead*

*daps the Originals*

72. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

^fuck. i missed it. oh well.

73. Joe 88 Says:

You guys can’t seem to look at music from any other perspective except your own can you?

There’s a such thing as “casual listeners” there not impressed by multi-syllables, or wicked metaphors, which (here’s the kicker) are the people that buy the records, while the purist (you guys) praise killa sun, and dunny dog and them, but by the bootleg and download there albums.

I love lyrical rappers, but I also love simple artist too, I don’t discriminate, and I like women, and just so happens, bitches aint bumping that new joell ortiz, there bumping that 3-6, and gucci. Throw that new rakim in the wheels while riding with a bitch, I bet you go to sleep with a dry dick (n)

74. Bx Blue Says:

the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:39 pm

^ How you go from almost crying to people not respecting lyrics to Manny Fresh? Fuck outta here.

Lurker on lurker violence is whats in nowadays

75. Dewill Says:

I’m out like a light…

Holla!!

76. Boos Bigelow Says:

# the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

@Boos
    ________________________________________________________________

Faith was lost in the power of Lyrics during the vanilla ice days, MC hammer days, Puffy and Mase Days and Busta Rhyme days. “lyrics” was never a premium during any major songs or any era. Before Gucci mane, you had Luke, too short, Camron, Kid and Play and others who made songs without any lyrical content.

Catchy hooks and misplaced lyrics has been part of hip-hop since its inception.

77. verses Says:

this goes out to you….this goes out to you…to you …you…you…you…

78. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

^wtf?!
    1. casual listeners don’t matter in musical debates.
    2. fuck you for accusing me of stealing.
    3. i’m not 17. i’m married. my wife listens to what she wants in her car.
    i listen to what i want in my car. when we ride together, we take turns.
    4. killa sun sucked.

79. verses Says:

Lurker on lurker violence is whats in nowadays

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*chuckles*

*put on STOP THE VIOLENCE whilst infront of the computer*

80. Jersey*made*me Says:

saggy breasts>>>>>>>>>>Mannie Fresh

81. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

@Blue
    b/c producing is not rapping. Fresh was a beast behind the boards. wiki that shit.

82. Bx Blue Says:

the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

January 28th, 2010 at 5:55 pm
    @Blue
    ^ I don’t gotta wiki that shit, im fully aware of Mannie Fresh. But for someone who holds lyrics in such high esteem, its surprising you can even stand to listen to a song produced by Mannie Fresh. IMHO, his beats suck anyway.

83. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

@Boos
    1. i really want to bite you nose off & spit it back into your face for including Cam’ron in your little list.
    2. (pre M.C.) Hammer, (Murder) Ma$e, and Bustah had more lyrical content than all of the first decade of the new millenium.
    3. i can’t believe you put Cam in that list. i hate you!

84. Joe 88 Says:

1. casual listeners don’t matter in musical debates.

^Why not? Casual fans are what makes the industry rotate, not the die hard fans. Casual fans: spends money on a tyson fight. Purist: goes over to the casual fans house to watch the fight. Casual fan: Buys ticket to a concert. Purist: Rather listen to the bootleg of that niggas album. w/o the causal fans, the music and other industries wouldn’t be as big a business it is today. A Causal fan would buy a cd for one song, and don’t really care about a artist backround, where he’s from, how many times he can rhyme “mythical” with “digital” etc. I know you don’t care about how much money the industry makes, but w/o these casual fans, there wouldn’t be no more rap industry period. They might not have a place in a actual debate, but there place in a debate is……….non debatable

>2. fuck you for accusing me of stealing.
    3. i’m not 17. i’m married. my wife listens to what she wants in her car.
    i listen to what i want in my car. when we ride together, we take turns.
    4. killa sun sucked.

^lol

85. Jersey*made*me Says:

@Boos
    1. i really want to bite you nose off

A fuckin YO!!! Blatant ass homosexuality

86. Mr.Londoner Says:

u can own a oil rig, dosent mean ur getting oil..

people these days..

87. Boos Bigelow Says:

# the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

@Boos
    3. i can’t believe you put Cam in that list. i hate you!
    ________________________________________________________________

What do you mean by lyrical content?….Is it the metaphorical multisyllable words formed into the context of coke and carrying bangers?

Camron’s content consisted of weed, bitches, guns and slanging. Gucci Mane raps about the same thing. The difference is the the placement of words containing more syllables than the other might have a difference, but the content is the same.

So is the style of the wording or the content itself?

88. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

@Joe
    the casual fan bought Doe or Die for Sugarhill. the hardcore fan has purchased every other AZ album since then. same goes for Cormega, Mobb Deep, Raekwon, Styles, Cam’ron, Scarface, etc. w/o the hardcore fan, NONE of these rappers would have a career past their first album. and it’s b/c of that reason that your statement is false.

89. the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:

yes, Cam uses alot more fucking style with all of his rhymes. a shitload more. i’m not even sure how you measure a shitload, but i know it’s alot.

90. Boos Bigelow Says:

# the return line o.k.a. moment of relapse Says:
    January 28th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

______________________________________________________________

So is Cam a lyrical rapper?

91. The return line o.k.a. Moment of relapse Says:

Without question.

92. web Says:

damn homie got them don mattingly sideburns