Video: Raekwon Thanks Nah Right

Right back atcha Rae for making one of the best albums of the year and staying true to the legacy of the Purple Tape.

84 Responses to “Video: Raekwon Thanks Nah Right”

1. DV Says:

FIRST…. themaskedgorlla!

2. I Fux Says:

I should have done my skit last night. I had a half assed effort but i wanted to refine it

this was the gist of my intro SKIT:

HEY HEY did this beat come with a manuscript or some shit, photo prompts, i need some direction here. THis BEAT IS TOO FUCKING HARD
    I am TEABAGGIN my ITUNES RIGHT NOW. SHIEEEEET

I feel like punching an eskimos dog square in his nose right before it gives up his life to run the Iditarod. Shout Out mike vick

This beat is going to encourage niggas to cheat on they wife with an instrumental, Shout out TIGERRRRRRR WOO

Where do i go here, I remember the 1st time I heard Jay Electronica and I couldnt believe my ears, I was listening to Victory is in My Clutches and I got a full on boner. Swear to god my next logical step was to forward it to my nigga Nation and he swears till this day I didnt put him on.

Anyways Shout Out Nahright Comments and I dont want to name check you niggas because I might forget one and then get involved in some kind of full on twitter beef and falling out of virtual homies. Fuck that

Jay electronica Exhibit Nah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. I Fux Says:

Don Julio >

4. C. Dufflebags Says:

eskay the don

5. Harlem World Says:

In 2010 im looking forward to:

Relapse 2 (alchemist x just blaze x aftermath beats = heroin blunts in musical form)

Center Edge Territory: (spitta x mos x jay)

Kanye:Good Ass Job

Champ Is Here 2

Pac Div x Pharrell Collabs

and some more shit

6. baby jesus Says:

Don Julio >

word. herradura >

7. D_Block_4_Life Says:

So it seems that Pacman and Mayweather fight is never going to happen

8. London Bloke Says:

Video: Raekwon Thanks Nah Right For “Eskay’s Diet Plan”

^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow

9. Harlem World Says:

Purple Tape 2 > BISD > Deeper Than Rap

The Ecstatic > Slaughterhouse > This Aint No Mixtape

2009 was a pretty good year for hip hop.

10. wer Says:

volaaa shit head

11. rAND Says:

@HarlemWorld

BISD number 2??? really? #youcantbeserious

12. a tribe called quest Says:

# I Fux Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 6:35 pm

a tribe called quest Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 6:35 pm
    Yo Tribe if I just do it over with no beat, can you lay the track?

–Yea

Ok Perfect cuz I was trying to play to the beat and it fucked up my flow as far as talking goes

–Do it using an ipod with the beat and record the vocals

13. Joe 88 Says:

>Pacquiao and Mayweather (40-0, 25 KOs) were tentatively slated for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but promoter, Bob Arum, said that the “filing of a [defamation of character lawsuit] on Wednesday in the federal court in Las Vegas “effectively terminates everything.

^SMH. Boxing FTL

14. Harlem World Says:

So Far Gone > War Angel > Flight School

15. NovemberEnd Says:

# rAND Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 6:40 pm

@HarlemWorld

BISD number 2??? really? #youcantbeserious
    ^^^^^
    BISD was tuff …minus the Neyo/Rkelly songs… album is tuff

16. Joe 88 Says:

BISD was tuff, War Angel and Forever king was too. The antics and rawse putting out a good album kinda outshined his material tho. Moreso his antics IMO

17. Gravity Says:

Pacman is shook, what type of shit is that? Boxers is suing now instead of letting the gloves speak? Being a pussy must be the new wave!

18. Smoke Greene Says:

To some, hating 50 has become second nature.

19. I Fux Says:

this manny/pbf shit is stupid

20. COIS Says:

ecstatic, the renaissance, BISD, purple tape (no particular order), BP3 too commercial for my taste

21. Nor*Cal Says:

Bottom line PacMan don’t want it with Money May
    undefeated ‘man lie women lie numbers dont’

22. Foekist Says:

Yeah that’s too bad re: the fight, I think either one or both of them cats is scared to fight

23. Boos Bigelow Says:

# Smoke Greene Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 6:49 pm

To some, hating 50 has become second nature.
    _____________________________________________________________

Funny and ironic that you mention that

24. Harlem World Says:

@HarlemWorld

BISD number 2??? really? #youcantbeserious

I thought it was dope.

25. Voltron aka Speech is my hammer, bang the world into shape and let it fall! Says:

Check out my boy @LondonToMK’s post on people to watch in 2010… I’m one of them: tinyurl.com/y8owwlk. Safe for the shout Danielson!

26. COIS Says:

“To some, hating 50 has become second nature”=AMEN.

As an artist–not on some personal shit—he can rhyme, flow, and pick dope beats to rhyme over. In hating him, haters over look this. but 50 is solid as an artist.

27. I Fux Says:

niggas scare to fight sounds like bullshit

I know motherfuckers that will fight a wolly mammoth for 100k let alone 25million to fight another fucking Man.

sign here

_______________________

28. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Escape Route.

29. Gravity Says:

Call it a lack of hiphop depth if you want but OB4CL2 isn’t that great IMHO.

*shrugs*

30. Foekist Says:

50 just epitomizes the laws of the universe, you put out hate and it comes right back.

31. NovemberEnd Says:

# I Fux Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 6:54 pm

niggas scare to fight sounds like bullshit

sign here

_______________________
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS

32. NovemberEnd Says:

Floyd gonna fight Pac he has no choice really..all he doing at this point is playing mind games cuz he aint sure hes gonna win…+ this fiasco could be a boxing ploy trying to hype up the fight as much as possible even if it means imploring this WWF fake hate tactics so spur more interest for more PPV buys

33. 911 Says:

Exhibit nah. Fuck what the blogs say, shout out to nation.

34. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Yo Nate

35. Harlem World Says:

or maybe manny p is actually on PEDS or growth hormones.

36. BK...Then Them Says:

Yo if Nipsey lp has shit like “They Roll” and “Strapped” then son got my money. Then again you know how that goes…:t

37. 911 Says:

Oh shit, foekist, fux & boosie. Shouts to the late night…nahggas only around, cuz niggas on holiday vacay.

38. Boos Bigelow Says:

The floyd mayweather tactic of using blood testing the days before the fight was a brilliant move on mayweather’s part….but kind of a cheap move..considering that Manny is scared of needles…urine testing can detect steroids and other substances as well though…but mayweather played him on that negotiating tactic.

39. D_Block_4_Life Says:

nahright.com/2009/02/14/dj-finesse-jadakiss-valentines-day-playlist/
    Can someone re-up this?

40. The Shot Clock Says:

Nah gettin major shine at the end of the year.

41. The Shot Clock Says:

#ExhibitNah

the Trinity gave it a post?!?!?

ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit

best fucking comments section in the history of the internets

42. b-ease Says:

Holy shit. Just woke up from the illest nap ever (L of good green and a whole pizza) and see that me and my fellow nahggas actually got a post. Woooooow (c) Kia Shine

43. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

Boos Bigelow Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 7:20 pm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

aint no way u have tatoos and scared of needles

44. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Is it true Just Blaze produced 3 cuts on View From Massada?

45. Damn, yo butt stank Says:

shout out to raekwon, my man

46. The Shot Clock Says:

two words
    United States
    no love
    no breaks

47. jredmond Says:

# Gravity Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Call it a lack of hiphop depth if you want but OB4CL2 isn’t that great IMHO.

*shrugs*

^choke on a pretzel

*shrugs*

48. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

dead@ this 41 year old nigga wearing his hate like that

49. PHENOMENON Says:

# Harlem World Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 7:16 pm

or maybe manny p is actually on PEDS or growth hormones.

^ ^
    I hope he kept the receipt.

50. Idyllpappan Says:

Im from norway and a couple of years back Rae was in my city Oslo. He showed up 5 hours late, entered the stage drunk n high , smoked some of that shizzle then walked out of the stage. That fat niggah is my hero! Word is bron son

51. Kakashi Says:

# sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 8:02 pm

dead@ this 41 year old nigga wearing his hate like that

—————————————————————–

if this were elton jonh, bono, rob zombie or iggy pop

would you still feel that the attire makes a mockery of their age?

or are you suffering from poor self image?

52. TheCo!!inB Says:

raise your hand if you called your mom cause you got a post on for #ExhibitNah

53. Damn, yo butt stank Says:

why am I being moderated?

54. Daily Drug Says:

Damn, E. Diddy gave dem niggas some shine…thas whas up!

55. The Shot Clock Says:

I hope he kept the receipt.

*chuckles*

56. PW Says:

Well i’ll be damned. I came home from work and saw my alias on the nahright front page.

exhibitnah!!

57. Digital Scales Says:

GrabyoAK – Exhibit Nah (Interlude)
    _____

Was that the beat I up’d with the Sara Suten Seti sample????????

58. Kakashi Says:

jay electronica – exhibit c > jay-z d.o.a

Damn. That’s a helluva way to bring in the Nu Year. Good lookin’ on eskay’s part (and his weed carriers staff).

60. Dewill Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 8:13 pm
    raise your hand if you called your mom cause you got a post on for #ExhibitNah

Nigga we got a barbeque goin on done here we drinkin homemade moonshine down here in ATL.. Uncles and cousins callin from jail and shit. All because the #ExhibitNah post!!!

61. Daily Drug Says:

Digital Scales Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 8:23 pm
    GrabyoAK – Exhibit Nah (Interlude)
    _____

Was that the beat I up’d with the Sara Suten Seti sample????????

^man, I just been watching the whole thing play out…..you posted it, FUPM said that shit made him reach for the AK…..next day or so I compiled a couple of exhibitnahs and labeled your upload “GrabyoAK” for comedic effect..before you know it, this “imaginary nigg” gets a post on nah

62. KUTTA Says:

Your welcome, Raekwon.

and word to Sleep that hat looks crazy uncomfortable.

63. CHILE ! Says:

wuzup wit dudes who can rap and sing, i watched a fabolous interview talkin bout that shit but everyone has forgot to mention Phonte/Percy Miracles as the realest when it comes to rap and sing

64. Digital Scales Says:

LMAO Word thats peace lol

65. Ghost Writer Says:

Thanks Nah Right (c) Rae

66. Troyvul Says:

holy shit..hahahaha….i vaguely remeber reading that shit

67. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

can somebody put all those nah rappers verses together and make it one song?

# eskay Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Broadway Joe and b-ease had the best two.

^ The B’more metro region >>>

We *Run* (insert two figures jogging) NahRight.

And FTR, I got tired of seeing every city with that same damn t-shirt.

69. The Shot Clock Says:

I think PW took it…

but B-ease is a close second, nigga sounded mad confident on the mic (n)

70. a tribe called quest Says:

i actually attempted putting them all together.. it was 17mins long. Then someone suggested i rip them apart w/ the best 16 and it just sounded choppy, plus who am i to decided which verses were best. An EP is perfect, i’ll touch up the songs as best i can and make it cohesive.

71. restlessbx Says:

I don’t understand why so many dudes are on Raes dick. That album was mediocre at best. The content is mostly fabricated redundant subject matter and he is about as lyrical as young jeezy, chamillionaire, or any other wack cornball that can’t spit.

The highlight of that indescribably overhyped album is about 3 or 4 maybe 5 beats. I grew up loving the purple tape when it dropped. But the caliber of emcees has come along way since then and so have my expectations. And even the “purple tape” is more of a compilation album than a solo classic.

In short, get off rae’s grundle.

72. restlessbx Says:

I don’t understand why so many dudes are on Raes dick. That album was mediocre at best. The content is mostly fabricated, extremely redundant, subject matter and he is about as lyrical as young jeezy, chamillionaire, or any other wack cornball that can’t spit.

The highlight of that indescribably overhyped album is about 3 or 4 maybe 5 beats. I grew up loving the purple tape when it dropped. But the caliber of emcees has come along way since then and so have my standards. And even the “purple tape” is more of a compilation album than a solo classic.

In short, get off rae’s grundle.

73. k1ng Says:

soo woop nigga.

74. jimmy valentime Says:

Jimmy valentime aka the mlk of internet rappers aka I may not make it their with you

I am glad joe got to the mountain top

Nah right rappers are free @ last, free @ last

Thank eskay almight we got a post @ last

Joe is the obama of the movement …

See you fuckers @ the bbq

75. ABassassin Says:

Late pass:

on exhibit nah b-ease>

76. PastorKerneyThomas Miwacles Says:

do niggas really think BISD was better than Deeper Than Rap???? Somebody explain how. Ill admit that Ross first albums werent that great lyrically but he stepped it up alot on DTR. He surpassed 50 on the mic and his beat selection bangs just as hard as BISD

Rich off Cocaine/Usual Suspects/Cigar Music/Valley of Death>>>>>anything on BISD

77. Nahmeless AKA it's massah to you, boy. Says:

on final time for the sake of nahppers.

forgive me father for tonight i’m finna sin && kill a couple nahppers on this instrumental!!

word to jay elechannukah.

78. Nahmeless AKA it's massah to you, boy. Says:

why’s i being monitored, my dude?

79. Yeah Right Says:

flow wise: BISD > DTR
    production: DTR >>>>>>>> BISD

80. Suvio-Blue Says:

restlessbx Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 9:28 pm

In short, get off rae’s grundle.

u the reason all these wack rapper get shine, OBFCL 1 he was livin it, pt 2 hes tellin the story of it, the content/subject matter should be the same…when it come to coke rap him and clipse do it best! other than that listen to dukes mix tapes…u must have a brain tumor to deny his lyrics, alot of jokers got they style from that man, respect a lyrical legend…u a cornball for even puttin him and jeezy in the same sentence, so whos ill on the mic to you???

81. RLW Says:

that indescribably overhyped album is about 3 or 4 maybe 5 beats
    The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum

82. thekid10705 Says:

Es, after this shoutout, when it’s all said and done, you are the KING!

83. A Good Year « The Calm Says:

[…] Going on Premiere/leaking sprees with the whole NewMusicCartel Busta: “Nobody is Fucking with Nah Right” Jadakiss Interview with Complex Drake including us in the historic release of So Far Gone This eye-opening follow-up interview w/ Complex Diddy shout out on Twitter TheSmokingSection x Nah Right showcase at SxSW in Austin, TX Wale’s on-stage dedication to Nah Right VIBE’s 50 Hottest Rap Blogs Ranked – what’s good Kanye? Drake’s Freestyle in Chicago from his Air Yeezy tour Being featured in Complex The inception of “Nah Right Records” (c) Drake Fabolous responding to my urges for him to step his Twitter game up (he didn’t btw.) Jay-Z Mentioning Visiting Nah Right Sean Price – Figure Four Meeting J. Cole/Wale & Jay’s bodyguard almost introducing me to my maker Meeting Plain Pat/Kid Cudi Finally starting The Calm, after talking about it for 6 months Sean Price reading and commenting on The Calm XXL’s Top 100 Hip-Hop Websites List; see the close-up here Last weekend in Toronto, meeting everyone from Ransom, 1LoveTO, ATF/October’s Very Own along with the man himself. This Act II song that Jay Electronica sent me when I got back from T.O. Raekwon Shouting out Nah Right […]

84. dats Says: