J. Cole’s BRM Magazine Cover

j-cole-brm-cover

This is J. Cole’s first magazine cover:

BRM (Beyond Race Magazine), an internationally distributed music, entertainment and culture publication, gives a behind-the-scenes look at the J. Cole photo shoot for the front cover of their upcoming issue. The shoot took place at the Rocawear headquarters and outside in New York’s Times Square. This will be J. Cole’s first national cover story.

After the jump, behind the scenes footage from the photo shoot.

It looks a bit like The Come Up cover and this old promo shoot he did.

Filmed and Edited by Kyle Timlin

167 Responses to “J. Cole’s BRM Magazine Cover”

1. buddyholly Says:

# a tribe called quest Says:

My previous comment was supposed to say “Contrived” w/ the html codes

^^^ the fuck you talking about willis? my comment may be over the top but the shit ain’t fucking “contrived” fall back

2. D_Block_4_Life Says:

With Act II, i don’t think building too much anticipation for a mixtape is such a great thing. If it were an official retail release, then yeah, but to let people down and not even get any monetary benefit from it? I’m not saying it’s going to let people down but why chance it?

With a mixtape, you should mention is the week before you drop it and that’s it. If it turns out to be a smash banger then it looks way better because it wasn’t meant to be a big deal anyway and you’re not letting anyone down…you spare the mass-disappointment and save face.

But maybe niggas don’t give a shit about any of this and they are perfectionist. Fuck it.

3. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I love the Nahright myth that I’m fat…lol

4. Beezy Says:

an internationally distributed music, entertainment and culture publication

^yea right

5. Joe 88 Says:

Yo, someone link up Just Blaze talking bout exhibit nah plz?

6. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Does J.Cole have Will Smith’ school blazer from Fresh Prince on?

7. Ghost Writer Says:

Beggin’ for a post?

8. Beezy Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:15 pm
    Does J.Cole have Will Smith’ school blazer from Fresh Prince on?

^he needs to rock that shit inside out for the full effect

9. KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:13 pm
    I love the Nahright myth that I’m fat…lol

I never really took the kit kat jokes as meaning that you were a fat dude…. Just always thought you had a sweet tooth (c) Bluestreak “chomp it up”

10. D_Block_4_Life Says:

^gem

14. KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

lmaooo

15. Jersey*made*me Says:

*awaits A Chick*

16. Slumbilical Says:

i knew j cole would eventually go hipster blipster…this a good look for the brother [||]…when you’re an attractive young man with boyish charm and rakish good looks, a fitted and t-shirt won’t always do you justice. this is a step fwd.

17. D_Block_4_Life Says:

–No homo i saw a twitpic son, you not light
    Lmao…what twitpic? I don’t twitpic pics of myself

18. Slumbilical Says:

a tribe called quest Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:18 pm
    I love the Nahright myth that I’m fat…lol

–No homo i saw a twitpic son, you not light

LMFAO.

19. Beezy Says:

I’m not saying D_Block is fat, but he has to go to a weigh station and wait in line with the tractor-trailers to get an accurate read out

20. Beezy Says:

rakish

^is this a word?

21. Ghost Writer Says:

Beezy Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

gym?

22. a tribe called quest Says:

Lmao…what twitpic? I don’t twitpic pics of myself

–Then it was a mypict but i know it was u in a club using your bb lol

23. Beezy Says:

Ghost Writer Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:22 pm
    Beezy Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

gym?

>>nah them scales top out at four-hundo

D_block is too much man [||] for them little joints

24. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Nigga I’m 6’0 and i weigh 200 pounds…i call that a man…

Nigga got a 27 waist talking about i go to the gym…lol

25. Beezy Says:

D_Block consumes 10,000 calories a day

26. Ghost Writer Says:

shit

27. Cashmere Cavalli Says:

why would u wanna be on the cover of Mulatto Magazine?

28. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Nigga I’m cute.

;)

29. Ghost Writer Says:

Nigga got a 27 waist talking about i go to the gym…lol

*life*

30. Beezy Says:

yo that emoticon has me cracking up

my new shit is texting bitches “winky face” typed out instead of the semi-colon and end parenthesis

they like the extra effort

31. Hoskins Says:

“beyond race magazine” ROFL, i’m sure this wont last

32. a tribe called quest Says:

GW sent

33. S.I.C.K-EL Says:

J.Cole as a emcee>J.Cole`s fashion sense

34. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Not that i like them (not that i don’t, I’m indifferent) but those retro style Polo boots are heating up all over the city…for better or for worse…

35. Joe 88 Says:

^Them shits is heat, me and billz was talking bout them joints 2 weeks ago.

Still lol @ the nigga Billz talking bout bringing back mountain boots (no shots)

36. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Eskay finally acknowledged Exhibit Nah

nahright *dead* @ the @dbillz reference on Broadway Joe’s #ExhibitNah
    2 min ago, from web

37. a tribe called quest Says:

CHECK YO TWITTAH

38. Joe 88 Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 2:33 pm
    Eskay finally acknowledged Exhibit Nah

nahright *dead* @ the @dbillz reference on Broadway Joe’s #ExhibitNah
    2 min ago, from web

*Checks twitter*

*dead*

We still aint getting a post tho, lol.

39. why? Says:

Wait, so say there is a possibility that Exhibit Nah comes to Fruition do you guys have like some artwork or picture to go with the post that at the moment is a figment of some commenters imagination?

40. Dewill Says:

S.I.C.K-EL Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 2:29 pm
    J.Cole as a emcee>J.Cole`s fashion sense

Word.. that nigga look like he got dressed in the dark, just grabbin shit[||]

41. Slumbilical Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:24 pm
    Nigga I’m cute.

;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

42. Beezy Says:

we have a twitpic of DB4L that is going to be the post artwork

43. a tribe called quest Says:

–No offense but youre like the kid that asks a female if youre going to fuck after you got the bitch in your room and on your bed

44. JDS aka The Smarty Art Nigga Says:

yo i couldnt get past the first bar of feces’ ExhibitNah track

when this nigga said “look at her, look at her” i was gone

*does headspin on broken glass*

45. JDS is goin' Sizzzzler! Says:

yo i couldnt get past the first bar of feces’ ExhibitNah track

when this nigga said “look at her, look at her” i was gone

*does headspin on broken glass*

46. Jersey*made*me Says:

Damn.

47. Joe 88 Says:

After further review, this nigga J. Cole outfit is all over the fucking place. Nigga got on a old navy crew neck under the abercrombie blazer, some charcoal wrangler jeans, and some high top jordan spizike bootz on.

SMH.

48. why? Says:

rofl. Nah dude I just do graphic design and no your making it seem like its a dumbass question.

btw Nas > Eminem because it seems like you never got over that comment.

49. Dewill Says:

Look at her, look at her….

50. a tribe called quest Says:

btw Nas > Eminem because it seems like you never got over that comment.

–In my top 5, Nas is 3, Em is 4. lol

51. f5f5 nigga reload Says:

52. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Beans > Em

Hi

53. f5f5 nigga reload Says:

54. f5f5 nigga reload Says:

darn it.

55. D_Block_4_Life Says:

*places call to Pizzeria Mercarto*

*order 2 slices with bacon and extra cheese*

*daydreams*

56. Eastern_Digital aka Nahright's Fantasy Football champ Says:

Somebody holla at big Seth for the artwork no shots to you why?

57. Dewill Says:

Ol I grabbed 2 hands full of clothes from an outside thrift store crate face ass nigga

58. blaze22 Says:

someone direct me in the direction i can hear this shit.

59. a tribe called quest Says:

Beans > Em

Hi

–Para

60. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Why do you need artwork? Just have the NH logo on the post…pretty simple…or a picture of me devouring a cheese pizza…either one..

61. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

J Cole is NOT the future. He just got exposed in that song wit Reflec Eternal, Jay Elec and Mos he’s a weak lyricist but has a great connection.

62. a tribe called quest Says:

–Hes 20+, let him develop

63. Gravity Says:

>>No Sign, general consensus is J.Cole= #1 or 2 overall.

64. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Oh shit…shots @ dBillz

65. Cali Sun Says:

Yo, can someone email me the Exhibit Nah tracks? I was on vacation and missed them shits.

SRKev at hotmail

66. why? Says:

why? Says:
    December 28th, 2009 at 2:51 pm
    Nasir Jones > Marshall Mather’s existence

Em doesn’t even come to mind when thinking about the top 5 GOAT rappers.

————————————————————————————-

a tribe called quest Says:
    December 28th, 2009 at 2:52 pm
    Nasir Jones > Marshall Mather’s existence

–Nas is 3, em is 4

Em doesn’t even come to mind when thinking about the top 5 GOAT rappers.

–GTFO of Nah now

————————————————————————————-

a tribe called quest Says:
    December 28th, 2009 at 2:59 pm
    Pharoahe >> Em

–LMAO

ok then Kriss Kross > Outkast

67. Beezy Says:

d_block ordered a bacon pizza, hold the pizza

68. Jersey*made*me Says:

*order 2 slices with bacon and extra cheese*

Crack w/o lactose.

69. a tribe called quest Says:

Dblock ordered a drum of peanut butter

70. JDS aka The Smarty Art N!99a Says:

i want some pizza… fuck

71. D_Block_4_Life Says:

LOL @ Beezy….i was on the phone with a client and he thought iw as laughing at him…smh

Nigga said hold the pizza

72. Beezy Says:

dblock eats family size boxes of kraft mac and cheese to the face

73. NovemberEnd Says:

# a tribe called quest Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

–Hes 20+, let him develop
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    werd…

74. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Client: is there something funny sir?

Me: no sir, i just that…can i put you on hold for a sec?

Client: *blank listen*

75. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Gravity Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

>>No Sign, general consensus is J.Cole= #1 or 2 overall.

co sign the no sign, i thought j cole had the best verse in that song

76. Beezy Says:

db4l puts butter on sausage

77. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I’m using all these fat jokes and abusing my boy on twitter

78. I Fux Says:

Whats good my niggas

wtf is a BEYOND RACE MAGAZINE

*brofflating*

79. Ghost Writer Says:

Beezy Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:12 pm
    db4l puts butter on sausage

Damn

80. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

Why does age have anything to do with it? If ur on that stage U need to be able to compete and lines like “Im on another level, I’m on top of nose bleeds” aint gonna cut i’m sorry. I’m prolly in a back in forth with the real J Cole lmao!

81. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

Jay Electronica is the FUTURE!

82. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Ya-yayo

83. a tribe called quest Says:

Dblock uses adobo as baby powder

84. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:14 pm
    Jay Electronica is the FUTURE!

Can u be the “future if you are already 30 plus?”

85. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:16 pm
    The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:14 pm
    Jay Electronica is the FUTURE!

Can u be the “future if you are already 30 plus?”

I mean no shots, but to be 34 and than saying u are the future is kinda crazy

86. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

Yeah if all your lyrics trash 20 year olds bars.

87. I Fux Says:

if the Future is now, does age even play a part?

88. Cali Sun Says:

# a tribe called quest Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Dblock uses adobo as baby powder

*Drinks a snake poison mimosa* (ll)

89. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

These young punks can’t be the future if they did no homework.

90. Ant Says:

db4l puts butter on sausage

lol

91. why? Says:

Damn people already talking shit about J.Cole? Barely his first magazine cover. Dude probably had a stylist dress him up for the shoot.

The Warm Up > SFG

J.Cole has that underrated status. Hopefully he won’t be like Wale and make the album style different from the mixtapes. Attention Deficit was more disappointing than Watchmen.

92. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

I Fux Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:18 pm
    if the Future is now, does age even play a part?

Blank stare…….

future cant be now

93. TheCo!!inB Says:

Dblock uses adobo as baby powder
    ———-
    I just got here but i’m out. I can’t do this shit today.

94. Hollabread Says:

Somebody explain the nose bleeds line to me? I mean………

95. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

Iceberg so who hot besides J cole? who # 2-5 in your eyes?

96. TheCo!!inB Says:

say word Just said somethin about Exhibit Nah…

97. I Fux Says:

what were those little kaboobs that Cotto’s trainer would grill?

Dblock eats them shits in the shower

98. D_Block_4_Life Says:

what were those little kaboobs that Cotto’s trainer would grill?

Dblock eats them shits in the shower
    *cries*

99. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

he said “he on another level” so I guess he sayin “he on top of the cheap seats” is how far up he is. but that shit is still wack.

100. Beezy Says:

d-block spends more on groceries than rent

nigga has a 300 sq ft apartment and he takes up 250 of them

101. TheCo!!inB Says:

best rappers in the game right now are over 30…..and Jay aint one of em.

102. Jersey*made*me Says:

Somebody explain the nose bleeds line to me? I mean……

If you need an explanation for that simple as line……………oh nevermind.But go head……………

103. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:22 pm
    Iceberg so who hot besides J cole? who # 2-5 in your eyes?

of new cats??? thats kinda hard, most of them suck, but new cats that came out in the last 5 years….j cole, fred the godson, drake…i have not heard a new cat in that has came out in the last 5 years, that have made me really say holy sh!t who is this m.c

104. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

J Cole look like a tall T.I.

105. Jersey*made*me Says:

best rappers in the game right now are over 30…..and Jay aint one of em

True lie.

106. I Fux Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:25 pm
    J Cole look like a tall T.I.

oxymoron?

Tall Isreali

107. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

“I dont run rap no more”

108. Ghost Writer Says:

Atcq sent

109. G7 Says:

>>I mean no shots, but to be 34 and than saying u are the future is kinda crazy

^true. JayE might be the present, but at the pace he’s releasing music its tough calling him the future. maybe so if he was in his early-mid 20’s. he’s so unpredictable too. he might not even bother putting out an album in the future…lol.

110. I Fux Says:

wait Just Blaze was talking about exibit nah

111. Jersey*made*me Says:

Bar for bar,J Cole is only second to Kanye as far as new generation rappers.

112. TheCo!!inB Says:

what were those little kaboobs that Cottos trainer would grill?
    ——————
    I can’t see ’em comin down my eye, so I gotta make the stove cry.

113. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

G7 Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:28 pm
    >>I mean no shots, but to be 34 and than saying u are the future is kinda crazy

I always wondered about those mcs that do one song every 6 mths are so, i mean think about it if jayz or nas spent 6 mths doing one song how great would it be….but jay elect, writes and rewrites a song 4 ever and we go ape sh!t

114. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:29 pm
    Bar for bar,J Cole is only second to Kanye as far as new generation rappers.

I can see that, but sometimes with Kanye he always says a real corny line to me………….”Up top 2 bee stings”

115. hl Says:

Jay Elec aint even drop an album yet. Just cause he’s in his 30’s doesn’t mean he’s gonna stop being able to rhyme in a couple of years. So yeah, if you’re 30+ you can be the future.

116. KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

but jay elect, writes and rewrites a song 4 ever and we go ape sh!t

how do you know that? I mean, it could be the case..but its also equally as likely that he just doesnt record that much

117. Jersey*made*me Says:

Speaking of Cotto,I watched the replay and Pac is definitely on some substance.Too much stamina and muscle growth for a so-called smaller fighter.

118. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

TORAE, TRUCK NORTH, DRAKE, Jay Electronica, and AR A.B. (do ya homework if u don’t know whho that last person is)

119. TheCo!!inB Says:

D Block’s first menagé was with Mrs. Fields and Mrs. Butterworth

120. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

hl Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:31 pm

I guess but a 34 year old rookie mc with no album is kinda crazy…..

121. why? Says:

Tablet PC’s, electronic/studio music, black president, minimalist lifestyles, other shit I can’t think of from the top of my head? Yeah we are getting close…

122. Gravity Says:

Jay Elect has his own lane, J.Cole makes heroin music and dude has bars for milleniums, if you’re saying he’s wack you either haven’t heard TWU & TCU.

They are both necessary for the game @ this point.

“On top of nose bleeds” isn’t even close to wack or weak.. SMH

123. hl Says:

——

It’s kinda like when the Clipse said Lil Wayne can’t be a legend with wobbledi wobbledi on his resume. Kanye can’t be considered a great lyricist with lines like this on a consistent basis. Unacceptable.

124. Jersey*made*me Says:

………….”Up top 2 bee stings”

That was dope.A cup bitches everywhere felt that shot.

125. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

J Cole cant even fuck wit Lupe. And I’m sooo not a Lupe fan.

126. Beezy Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 3:32 pm

D Block’s first menagé was with Mrs. Fields and Mrs. Butterworth

^gem

127. mw Says:

n****s quik 2 holla dat “he’s da future sh**…tym will tell…Cole had da best verse on der, hands down. delivery, the flow, all dat… if “on top of nosebleeds” is foolish, then what abt dat “im in NY now, like akeem, (which shld be Hakeem anyway) & semmi was”…i lyk ’em both tho, but i wld put my $ on cole, he sounds lyk he has the hunger 4 it….ONE!!!

128. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

J Cole is better than Kid Cudi tho. But overall “I don’t Wale wit them new niggas”

129. Beezy Says:

that Kanye line was hot

niggas must not like tits or ass i guess

130. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

Bottom line people just dick eat anything spoon fed to them by Hov or Wayne.

131. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:31 pm
    but jay elect, writes and rewrites a song 4 ever and we go ape sh!t

Trust, dude takes 4ever to write, his job is a producer and a m.c, so he is always around music….i just think its impressive when a mc can constantly make music that a group of people can enjoy year in and out…see pac jayz……..thats the thing with nas, every now and than he turns ghost…i dont need to see him, but atleast make music on a reg basis…just thing 12 songs in an album, thats one song a month, a verse every week and a half….mcs are lazy

132. Jersey*made*me Says:

“On top of nose bleeds” isn’t even close to wack or weak.. SMH

I’m saying.niggas be typing for shock value.

133. KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:34 pm
    J Cole cant even fuck wit Lupe. And I’m sooo not a Lupe fan.

your in the wrong place….your not going to convince anyone here that JCole doesnt have bars.. gtfo

Drake makes good music and all but if you think Drake raps better than JCole you need to cash in those food stamps and buy some new fuckin ears

134. Dewill Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Word.. That lil nigga’s neck is wider than his fukin shoulders [||]

135. hl Says:

I guess but a 34 year old rookie mc with no album is kinda crazy…..

—–
    Not really. The game is changing. Some of the best MC’s are damn near 40. Nas, Jay-Z, Mos, Doom, Black Thought, Ghost. Most young guys aint doing it right and 30+ fans still want something. Age is becoming less and less a factor IMO.

136. TheCo!!inB Says:

that nose bleed rhyme wasn’t really that good.

137. Gravity Says:

Since when did Ye become the MC to compare to? He is nice but he ain’t fuck’n with the likes of JayElect, J.Cole, etc.

138. Beezy Says:

j. cole is bland

139. KzA aka Roberto Commente Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:36 pm
    Bottom line people just dick eat anything spoon fed to them by Hov or Wayne.

you mean like Drake? the dude you just mentioned?

JCole only got picked up by Jay after Come Up… and he HAD BEEN getting posts on Nah before that..sooooo

140. G7 Says:

hl Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:31 pm

^but in order to be the future you have to put albums out. you can’t just continue dropping a song here and there once or twice a year. what’s that gonna accomplish? he’s gotta start knockin some albums out. right now that doesn’t seem to be his intent.

141. a tribe called quest Says:

that nose bleed rhyme wasn’t really that good.

–im saying

142. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

The Broad Street Bastid Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:36 pm
    Bottom line people just dick eat anything spoon fed to them by Hov or Wayne.

People act like jay didnt earn his, dude has been putting down classic music since 96, thats 14 years ago, every year he dropped an album and battled whomever the public said was the new sh1t or the new hottest mc and dude still doing it….just think about this, that was 14 years ago, subtract that from ur age, thats how long dude been doin hot music every single year……so when people support hov its because he really put in work and nothing was handed to him, people slept on jay for the first 2 albums

143. hl Says:

——

Sometimes less in more. I feel you on Jay Elec though. But Nas going away for a year or two then dropping is fine with me. Alot of these guys are coming out with so much material it cheapens the actual album.

144. NovemberEnd Says:

that nose bleed rhyme wasn’t really that good.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    werd

145. Hollabread Says:

“On top of nose bleeds” isn’t even close to wack or weak.. SMH

^^^^^^^^^^^^

He got bars….thats not one of them…..

146. G7 Says:

Gravity Says:

December 30th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

They are both necessary for the game @ this point.

“On top of nose bleeds” isn’t even close to wack or weak.. SMH

^nose bleeds are bad seats though no? lol. jokes.

147. Jersey*made*me Says:

Only a hand full of rappers on earth could’ve pulled off Kanye’s Run This Town verse.FTR.

148. hl Says:

That nose bleed line was aight with me. Not wack.

149. Joe 88 Says:

Maaaaaaaaaaan, FUCK JAY-Z, and the camel he rode in on

150. why? Says:

I can already predict who’s gonna be on the XXL freshman list –

Theophilus London, Melo-X (maybe), J.Cole, Stalley, Chip Tha Rip, somebody from Young Money, and others i forgot to mention. Oh and maybe Diz Gibran.

151. Hollabread Says:

lets take it to the next bar

“Niggas say they sick but when they rock they don’t sneeze”

Tell me he’s not trying too hard?

152. Hollabread Says:

and for Jay Elec…..you are only as good as your last song so right now ….he’s fire…album or not

153. Gravity Says:

Ok so maybe “on top of nose bleeds” isn’t the craziest line ever but your fav MC has said a wacker line so why knitpick it?

Jay Elect is on his own time but the quality of his work is all that should matter. 44 songs so far and its all been free.. Appreciate it..

154. hl Says:

lets take it to the next bar

“Niggas say they sick but when they rock they don’t sneeze”

Tell me he’s not trying too hard?
    —–

He was trying hard on that song and I don’t blame him considering the lineup. He usually doesn’t go for cheap punchlines. But his verse was still dope to me. Jay Elec and Mos were way better IMO.

155. hl Says:

That “black power don’t trip” line was powerful.

156. Gravity Says:

^nose bleeds are bad seats though no? lol. jokes.

Lol @ Gsev playing Devils Advocate.

The full line is, “I’m on a higher level, i’m on top of nose bleeds” so contextually its on point.. Level inferring height i.e.

Lol i’d say no more abt the line. It wack, happy?

157. Hollabread Says:

I just judge one verse at a time and IMO I havent heard him show up like he did on “A Star is Born”

158. Boos Bigelow Says:

# hl Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 3:38 pm

I guess but a 34 year old rookie mc with no album is kinda crazy…..

—–
    ______________________________________________________________

Sorry to break it to you nahrighters….

But the game is not changing…popular music has ALWAYS been a young mans game…

Mos= irrelevant…had music when he was young
    Ghost= Irrelevant…had music in his early days
    Doom= shouldn’t even been mentioned…

Age is always a factor…and most of the dudes who are doing it…are younger than 30…thats just a fact…

Some of you dudes get caught up in mythical rap, than you can’t see far down the road..

159. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

so Boosie, uhh who the fuck do u listen to is u think doom and ghost and mos are wack?

160. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

@ whoever is smoking crack
    —— J cole has no bars. Just has kanye’s early vocal tone that about it. Overrated great affiliation tho. He’s the new BLEEK. say sumthin.

161. Mahad "Minneapolis Actual Lakers" Mohamed Says:

Nice to see my dude J Cole get some national coverage. REAL RAPPERS NEED TO BE HEARD
    _________________________________________________________
    Plus for the dude’s who are talking about the Just Begun song
    1. Talib Kweli… flow was crazy
    2. J Cole… came through w/ that “nose bleed” line, raw
    3. Jay Elect… killed but kicked his normal rhymes, nothing spectacular
    4. Mos Def… was weak on the song

162. The Broad Street Bastid Says:

“I dont Wale wit them new niggas!”

163. Kizzy Says:

JCole is the truth, Mos these haters probably spit “REAL” bull “SHIT”. Lupe and Cole two different real rappers and Cole fly…yeah he looks like a lil Will Smith, Smith pulling $20m a movie and u broke asses on the block hustling for sneaker money u bums…lol. NC stand up bitches.

164. mw Says:

aiight aiight, its official…its obvious…we all see who’s just hating, pure & simple…out of the whole verse, u can only pick out 1 line that “sucked”…but most ppl with half a brain cell still understood (any human being that has ever attended a sports game understood that line)…he only said that cuz ders no seating thats higher than the nosebleed section…& he’s on top of that. its like sum1 sayin “i i start where the sky ends” or sum sh**…its not brain surgery or rocket science. 4 the record..lets get it clear..fan or not…Lupe aint fuckin wit J. Cole…period, end of story…i just hope he dont lose that hunger…ONE!!!

165. mw Says:

…& 4 the record, i like JE, but he only had dat 1 hot line “tryin 2 get thru the lobby door with a semi-buzz” …dat all

166. yeah Says:

Can anyone tell me what kind of boots J Cole is wearing?

167. Nah Right » J. Cole Covers The Source Says:

[…] covers The Source’s Green Issue, hitting newsstands everywhere on March 23rd. That’s cover number three for […]