Video: Jay-Z ft. Bridget Kelly – Empire State Of Mind (Yankee Day, City Hall)

Earlier: Jay-Z @ Yankee Day Parade (Video)

Previously: Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Record “Empire State Of Mind Pt. 2″

87 Responses to “Video: Jay-Z ft. Bridget Kelly – Empire State Of Mind (Yankee Day, City Hall)”

1. Rick aka KING OF DA BOOM BAP BOMB STRAPPED TO MY CHEST ASKIN WHERE YA GOONZ AT? Says:

jay-z > 50 cent. game over ninjas.

2. Most_Incredible! Says:

Hovito!

3. elgindotcom Says:

White folks behind him have no idea what he talking about.. they just doing the off beat head nod.. haha. love it.

4. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

fire the sound man

jay-z(now)>>>>>>>>>puff(97)

puff wasnt getting major looks like this nigga is on stage with the yankees giving them pounds.

5. Ghost Writer Says:

Where’s the Jaz-O interview where he confirms Jay’s a freemason?

6. Dewill Says:

jay-z > 50 cent. game over ninjas.

We’ll see when 50’s album officially drops.

7. Ghost Writer Says:

related news at least

8. Joe 88 Says:

^cause the yankees wasn’t winning in 97, this is more like perfect timing for hov

>Where’s the Jaz-O interview where he confirms Jay’s a freemason?

^WSHH

9. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

elgindotcom Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:33 pm
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol he said im the new sinatra they got mad so they played sinatra after he perform. like no nigga this is sinatra. wtf alicia keys was too busy to come to the parade

10. james dean Says:

ahhahaah this guy just dapped up C.C. Sabathia and Jorge Posada….

11. elgindotcom Says:

hahaha.. I had to comment again.. Look @ Michael K in the background. He so f*ckin mad a black man is performing hiphop at this event.. hahahaha.. 2:20 to 2:22 mark..

12. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

im back

13. Ghost Writer Says:

Joe 88 Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

>Where’s the Jaz-O interview where he confirms Jay’s a freemason?

^WSHH

I know but I’m asking whay isn’t NahRight posting it….seems like a worthy post….why would they ignore it?

14. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

>Where’s the Jaz-O interview where he confirms Jay’s a freemason?

^WSHH

^^^^^^^^^^
    baseball knowledge fails
    the yankees dynasty started in 96

15. Ghost Writer Says:

Iceberg how do you feel about that new Jaz-O interview where he calls your man gay and confirms him a freemason?

16. Geronimo P Says:

Without even reading a comment in here, I know that some people are gonna hate the fact that there is yet another Jay-Z post on this blog, but if Jay performing in front of City Hall at the Yankees parade doesn’t make yall proud as a fan of hip hop, then you’re nothing more than a fucking hater.

17. b-ease Says:

Nah really doesnt tend to do much gossip or slandering, especially for nobodys like Jaz. I mean, a 40 year old has been spewing conspiracy theories? Just not the lane of this site for real.

But like I’ve said, I believe the basic gist of what Jaz is saying, even if I feel some of the details may be a reach.

18. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

this nigga jay really fly like hes in the air force. this nigga tell the pilot keep the engine runing

19. b-ease Says:

I must be a hater dude, cause I could give a flying fuck about this.

20. I Fux Says:

a couple of years ago White Van Music had some of the hardest beats my whip has ever known. I swear to god. No Jesus Christ is my savior.

*daps the collective*

This shit is like Wario’s Castle right now.

21. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Geronimo P Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:41 pm
    ^^^^^^

and 50 cud not even throw a party in his hood

22. COCCA88CRAZY88SiNCE88 Says:

b-ease Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

I must be a hater dude, cause I could give a flying fuck about this.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss!

23. I Fux Says:

all this Yankee Love is borderline gay. Where all my Boricua Bloods at? they wearing red Jankee Fitteds? they bleed blue but they aint crip though

24. Rick aka KING OF DA BOOM BAP BOMB STRAPPED TO MY CHEST ASKIN WHERE YA GOONZ AT? Says:

# Dewill Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:35 pm

jay-z > 50 cent. game over ninjas.

We’ll see when 50’s album officially drops.

————————

wat?

25. COCCA88CRAZY88SiNCE88 Says:

I Fux Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

*daps the collective*

*daps Fux*

26. Dewill Says:

I think Jay has demons controlling his body…. How else do u explain how retarded he sound in interviews when he talks, but turns around and doesn’t have to write lyrics down to make a song..

This shit is beyond me

27. Joe 88 Says:

^It’s a shot at Jay-Z, and this has been hov’s site since BP3 dropped. I remember when Jaz and dehaven interviews was posted, but since the album leaked, it’s been a wrap for everyone going against over, except for beans.

@sleep

That’s why I said Hov got lucky, there’s no other song Jay could perform at a yankee game except this a song about NY, if ouffy made a song big’n up NY in 97′ he would’ve performmed at a yankee game too. Simple knowledge

28. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Jay be on that 5 hour energy drink

29. I Fux Says:

real talk, i dont give a fuck about anything worldy or economical climates or goverment shit or attacks on civilians.

Right now Im about my Family and Paper. Sorry Im Selfish(c)GOAT DETRIOT GROUP

30. I Fux Says:

that Pacquaio picture got him looking like Via Sakahema

31. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

Daps all…..

32. I Fux Says:

No Lie I though BG died like in 07 when rappers where getting murdered at the pace of No Limit Dropping albums in 1998

33. Black Brokaw Says:

Right now Im about my Family and Paper. Sorry Im Selfish
    *****
    Exactly. that’s why shits always gonna be fucked up.

ROFFLE @ whipping pastry infront of Mike Bloomberg…. Gotta love it.

35. Ghost Writer Says:

b-ease Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Really? So if posting the Nas child support shit or the curtis baby momma drama isn’t their lane why do they do it? At least post it in the lite like the other crap…but it’s whatever cause this isn’t my site and what I say don’t count so don’t mind me…just commenting

36. Joe 88 Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm
    Jay be on that 5 hour energy drink

^Ayo

37. Ghost Writer Says:

*daps all*

38. Gravity Says:

SMH @ anyone making excuses of why its this or that.. Be proud for Hiphop for a second! Yes, I’m sure if you had the brain you would’a invented electricity too, fuck Einstein! Sheesh, Joe88 I really think you’re spewing hate for a man you never even met! No shots cos overall you cool but its bothersome how y’all rather talk about fiction than facts.

*googles bridget kelly*

*daps fux*

40. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Joe 88 Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:51 pm
    Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm
    Jay be on that 5 hour energy drink

^Ayo

u right, i caught it after i hit enter

41. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

joe88 hat for jay is equivalent to sk hate for 50.

joe if hov tried to sign u to roc nation would u say no

42. GMLLZ Says:

Bridget Kelly got it in during that performance.

43. Chief Ali aka The One Who Stay Building Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm
    Jay be on that 5 hour energy drink

^Ayo

u right, i caught it after i hit enter

woah

45. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

nigga this sk site if he dont want to post some old nigga hating on jay he could do what the fuck he want.

46. Harlem World Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:46 pm
    Jay be on that 5 hour energy drink

Im gonna pretend i didnt see this comment.

47. Joe 88 Says:

@Ghost

They’re not gonna post any Jay hate right now except for beans, I remember when they was posting skits for the dehaven movie, I remember when they was posting youtube clips of Jaz-O talking bout hov and listening to wack ass beats.

Now that hov got a new album out, and performing everywhere, nate/dre/es not gonna disrespect there father and show clips of there grandfather talking bad about daddy hov. SMFH

^ ease?

49. Ghost Writer Says:

Joe 88 Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:56 pm
    @Ghost

cool

50. GMLLZ Says:

That subtle shit…..

They turn the REAL Sinatra on after Jay finishes…..

51. Dame STOLE money....get it through your thick skull Says:

Puffy 97 is no where near Jay now…Puff was still on that VMA shit…and profitted off biggie’s death…plus he put out all those commercial songs and was on tv every day….

Jay only does elite media…If it’s not a household name event Jay’s not doing it…plus the Media seeks out Jay-z not the other way around.

Plus Jay has entrenched himself into the Authenticity of white culture of music so at this Point nothing rap related can affect him.

^ espeially if they want that Roc Nation ad money

53. Joe 88 Says:

^I don’t hate Jay, I really don’t care, but it’s the truth, he made a new anthem for NY at the perfect time, this is facts. I’m not saying he’s not a star, or at the top of rap, that would be foolish, but if lil wayne made a single about NO and they go to the super bowl, I wouldn’t be surprised if did the halftime show. I’m just pointing out the obvious

I don’t even listen to Jay enough these days to hate on him

54. Chief Ali aka The One Who Stay Building Says:

I can’t wait for 50 to flop.

To all 50 stans,

Feel free to call me a hater, because deep down everyone knows your boy Curtis can’t rap for shit. Curtis excessive gun references (i grab the lama…blah blah) are just as annoying as GaYme’s excessive namedropping.

To be honest hip hop would be better off without both of them niggas.

Dame STOLE money….get it through your thick skull

^ who this ice?

56. Dame STOLE money....get it through your thick skull Says:

You people know that Eskay’s number 1 enemy is Jaz-o?…..How are people surprised that eskay didnt post the jaz-o interview?

Realistically the interest of what jaz-o has to say has declined…so I’ll give eskay the benefit of the doubt…but still eskay hates jaz-o and he doesnt even know him

57. Black Brokaw Says:

Stans, Haters, you’re all faggots to me.

58. Gravity Says:

te to do this( well not really) but sounds like Hov talking to the haters in this track…..

It’s Young… uh, mack alone, I’m back in the zone
    I’m out they way, still these rappers won’t leave me alone
    I can give a fuck what these rappers sayin’ bout me
    That just let’s me know, they can’t go a day without me
    Scared of me succeading, that’s the reason you doubt me
    Cuz if you ain’t believe me, you wouldn’t be thinkin’ bout me
    Sorta how like you, never crossed my mind
    Until you crossed the line, stop…
    Then I gotta come accross a rhyme
    To let the world know you come across a mime
    I do so much sauce with lines, with someone who saws my climb
    From Marcy to party, where you soakin’ up blue nine
    Prude, am I, got a du-lema, I’m a dude from the hood
    Who loves jewels, who am I?
    You where placed in the same shoes, size 10/5
    With a sick view, of the place you grew, dude, can I
    Live, what I did, for this whole rap circus
    I open up more doors for y’all fuckers than car service
    Ya’ll nervous, I ain’t back yet
    I’m on extended vacay’, I ain’t unpack yet, stop worrying

59. Infectious Troy Says:

Yuuup! Really, they hate their cities, and everything in it…the teams, the opportunity, the rappers that represent them, and themselves from being from there…LOL!

But I concur, they should just honor a Hip-Hop moment.

Oh well…I’ll pretend to be humble. © Jay Smooth video

60. Joe 88 Says:

50 isnt gonna flop, that nigga was selling CD’s out of a freaking van when him and kanye was going at it on the sales tip

50 is not stupid, he’ll buy 200,000 copies himself just to reach the gold mark in the first week

And after he talked bad about everyone’s first week sales, you reallt think he’ll leave the first week sales in the hands of the rap community?

Let’s be honest with ourselves.

I wish I would post a video of Jaz saying Jay’s a freemason. I mean give me a fucking break. and if he is a freemason, so what? where do I sign up? I have no problem posting Jay hate, but if this old man thinks he’s gonna get promo from going on Youtube and feeding into them bullshit conspiracy theories you dingbats waste your time believing, he’s got another thing coming. You want attention Jaz? Spit a freestyle dissing Jay, i’ll post the shit out of it. otherwise, kill yourself.

62. Dewill Says:

Baby By Me knocks hard on a hooker infested corner…

*lets one in*

*peels off*

63. Gravity Says:

Rooiiight, you saying anyone with a hit song about N.Y coulda gotten the stage… Lil wayne won’t be allowed anywhere near a perfomane of this stature. You’re just saying it to say it.. I digress, definitely not falling for another drawn out Hov convo.

64. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

who was all these yanks coming up to jay niggas look different without their uniforms

65. Ghost Writer Says:

Chief Ali aka The One Who Stay Building Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 3:59 pm
    I can’t wait for 50 to flop.

To all 50 stans,

To be honest hip hop would be better off without both of them niggas.

Guess it’s different when every other rapper do it right? (n)

66. Dame STOLE money....get it through your thick skull Says:

# cOLD Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Dame STOLE money….get it through your thick skull

^ who this ice?

lol, yeah

its Pizza friday yeaaaah.

68. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

no sir, certain white folks wouldnt allow lil wayne to perform where jay is performing. that nigga got a fac fill with tatts

69. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Dame STOLE money….get it through your thick skull Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 4:07 pm
    # cOLD Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Dame STOLE money….get it through your thick skull

^ who this ice?

lol, yeah

***dies***

70. Joe 88 Says:

Rooiiight, you saying anyone with a hit song about N.Y coulda gotten the stage…

^No

>Lil wayne won’t be allowed anywhere near a perfomane of this stature. You’re just saying it to say it..

^Negative, last year after he sold a million records and if the saints went to the super bowl, he would’ve performmed. I didn’t say city hall, I said the super bowl, sourta like when Jay performed at the world series. I don’t see why it’s hard to belive, Nelly performmed at the super bowl before, it’s not like rappers haven’t been doing big sports events before, smfh. Truthfully, Jay just catching up. I could give a fuck about this nigga performming the same song at the parade.

***dies***

^roff I guess its not ice

72. Dame STOLE money....get it through your thick skull Says:

Lil wayne is not there yet, just like puffy was no where near this stage like Jay-z….they were mere POPULAR….and being popular is fickle…

It takes a few years to be entrenched and loved by the white culture as a black man….For the record white folks hate puffy….But Jay is a stage where KKK members would dap him up and allow him to baby sit his kids…

Jay-z is like rap’s obama…He makes white people feel special and like they can invite him over for dinner….wayne not so much…

73. Ghost Writer Says:

eskay Says:

November 6th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Cool…I was just asking…I’m not mad or anything….I see your point (n)

NYC hate is at an all time high this week, is it any wonder that Capri Joe, a guy from a city notorious for its inferiority complex about New York, would be in here closing out the week with hatred?

75. Black Brokaw Says:

Man its too many theorists and repeaters here. Eskay should replace the comment section with a hot or not button

76. Dame STOLE money....get it through your thick skull Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    November 6th, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Rooiiight, you saying anyone with a hit song about N.Y coulda gotten the stage…

^No

______________________________________________________________

Selling a million records really mean nothing…Jay has sustainable success and has had it for a long period of time so he’s just now (for 2 or three years now) being seen as a Jack Nicholson or a Frank Sinatra…

Wayne is still wet behind the ears…This is not about record sales for one album, this is about sustained achievements over a period of time….Jay has Older white folks who Own things bumping his music…

Waynes demographic is mcdonalds and burgerking flippers….He’s not there yet to be entrenched in white culture…Plus the superbowl is not in your home state…

Championships & Carters > Crab cakes & capris

78. james dean Says:

blah…..is it really news that jaz-o is making a video saying something disrespectful about Jay-z?…i mean….he’s been doing it for years…….”since 2002″ he said in the video….is someone paying Jaz to do that?? probably not…he looked real salty and cold in that camo jacket and hat…

79. james dean Says:

…..also..if the PACKERS won a superbowl lil wayne would perform……….maybe even brett favre will let him perform when minnesota wins it all

80. Jersey*made*me Says:

*walks in on my bullshit*

*bumps into pussy niggas on purpose*

*wishes a nigga would say something*

*they don’t*

*is a tough guy*

81. Infectious Troy Says:

…from a city notorious for its inferiority complex about New York…

Where doesn’t some of that come from!? Seriously.

We’re talkin’ bout people who that when the Towers fell, probably said, “thank God it wasn’t our City” like if we don’t represent the States…or like Shawn Carter doesn’t represent for a whole culture.

82. Konscience Says:

Puff was at the Superbowl BTW

83. Prophecy_projectz Says:

Youtube took the audio down on this. somebody tweet YN

84. Billionaire Boys Club Blog » Jay-Z ft. Bridget Kelly – Empire State Of Mind @ Yankees Parade, City Hall Says:

[…] Via NahRight No comments « Back to the blog […]

85. Allahbornsgod M Allah aka keep it baggy not faggy Says:

Jay z knows theblackman is god b.u.t he is not gonna let u niggers know cause he sold hisself to the devil aka the white man. Y’all don’t get it tho.

The yankees winning.
    Jayz performing.
    27 times(the twenty seventh degree in the one to forty in the nation of gods and eaths states that……………………………………..). Matter fact go find ppl .
    Wake up niggers!!!!!!!!

86. kedordu Says:

”THATS WHY THEY(the 10%) FOLLOW HIPHOP ??” JAZ O SAID THAT !!

DO YOU OVERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS??? HE REALLY MEANS THAT .. ITS NOT THAT THEY JUST LISTEN TO LYRICS .. THEY SEE THE TRENDS . THE MOVEMENTS IN HIPHOP . DO U SEE THAT BEFORE THE CREDIT CRISIS HAPPENED HIPHOP WAS ALREADY MOVING TOWARDS LIVE INSTRUMENTATION (ETHICAL MUSIC ) .. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ..

THERE ARE MANY FOOLS THAT MAKE PEOPLE NOT SEE CLEAR . LIKE THAT FOOL ABOVE ME .. THE ONLY TRUTH THAT MATTERS IS WE ARE ALL CONNECTED .. KARMA IS REAL , GOD ( GOODNESS) IS REAL WE CREATED THAT .. THE DEVIL IS REAL BUT WE CREATED IT TOO . HEAVEN AND HELL IS ON EARTH .. ITS A FEELING

87. Hombre Negro Says:

This shit is beyond me

Have you ever heard Aretha Franklin, James Brown or Mahliah Jackson give an interview…. Straight Backwoods…

*applauds God coming out in whatever way possible*