Video: RZA Speaks on Raekwon, Ghostface & Method Man Joint Album

The Abbot says he suggested that they do the “Brothers From The Grain” project way back when.

Previously: Meth Confirms Album w/ Ghost & Rae

22 Responses to “Video: RZA Speaks on Raekwon, Ghostface & Method Man Joint Album”

1. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

* Expects for Rigz or Land to comment*

nh

2. Rey Says:

*moves it on left-ha!*

3. Detroit P Says:

Yessir I do, not disputing that, I’m just saying that it’s not like KanYe was gonna do another full-on rap album and then heard AKNC and said, “Wait, Wait–new idea!”
    lol…That’s exactly what happened!

4. Rey Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:35 am

lol…That’s exactly what happened!

Well then more power to him. Lord knows I’ve borrowed liberally from templates other people have done. In the end, Kontrol Freak KanYe probably tweaked and tweaked until he had something that represented him. Don’t make it seem like he just got handed a lyrics page like he was Dr. Dre.

5. Camelot Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:12 am

but @ camelot

[…]

There are a billion rappers in the world. There about 1000 that are somewhat renowed and/or famous. Out of all the Nas’s and Jay’s and LL’s and Beastie Boys or what have you, they picked Em to induct RUN DMC in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. I think thats public admiration enough.

Relapse is crack, and Encore was a hiccup, no different than Jay’z Vol 3 or Nas’s Nastradamus (i think i said that somewhere else, but whatev). I’ll respect a disagreeing opinion however.

Mad rappers are there own entity, but no Em = no Royce EVER. And Thus no SH.

@ “You think a black rapper coulda came out talking about gettin raped by his uncle and still be called GOAT..or with GAY ass skits with ken keniff,..I’m sorry but no”

Really dude? The Benzino defense? SMH…

6. Rey Says:

# Lounge of Rey Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:37 am

(sexy voice) welcome to my lounge rey

*uncomfortable* (nh)

7. Joe 88 Says:

I’m the type that’ll dick ya wife, your a muff diver
    your bitch give me dome, while you sit at home like an umpire
    your not safe, you need to put on lox’s like a ruff ryder
    cause I roll with big semi’s like a truck tire
    and they open caps like a sun visor
    i’ll run in his house and let the snub fire
    and put the cans to your 6 pack like budweiser
    don’t matter what step you on, i’m one higher
    cause i’ll be damned if I lose, to a elementary school BUS DRIVER

8. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

RAAAAAAAANDY!

9. Detroit P Says:

My Original statement: 808’s is Kanye’s best Kid Cudi impression

Although Kanye did get handed some lyrics on a page…but that wasnt my point

10. 456 Says:

Dr Dre >> Kanye

11. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

OOOOORRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

nh

12. Camelot Says:

Em’s flow on “Stay Wide Awake” esp. the second verse, most rappers flip their advances into wishing wells and pray they could follow the beat like that.

Did I mention the verse itself was fire?

13. Rey Says:

*uncomfortable* (nh)

*dead*

15. b-ease Says:

Mr. Damn, He Ain’t Coppin’ That, Is He? Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 11:41 am
    RAAAAAAAANDY!

This guy knows what I’m talking about! This guy DEFINETLY knows what I’m talking about!!

16. Ghost Writer Says:

usershare.net/n7c7rzj73vgr

17. Detroit P Says:

@camelot

Em has public admiration this is true

difference of taste on Relapse, so cool

No Eminem=Royce…Eminem didn’t do much for Royce but bring him around Dre, nothing fruitful came from that and Royce went his own way on the underground, he got into a feud with D12 for a while and him and Em didnt work together for most of Em’s mainstream career…Royce finally linked up with other label rejects to form slaughterhouse..what are you talking about man?

Which remeinds me….Jay fathered Joe Budden

18. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:25 am

# Rey Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:19 am

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:17 am

808’s is Kanye’s best Kid Cudi impression

SMH
    You’re saying Kanye didn’t go and directly Bite Kid Cudi style after he heard “A Kid Named Cudi”…cmon man

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cmon Son…. No autotune on kid named cudi…. What song per say did Kanye bite?

19. Remixznflow Says:

Jay fathered Joe Budden

ROFL.. dont put that BULLSHIT DUDE on jay man!.. .HAHAHA… that nigga is an orphan until he straightens up!

20. Ghost Writer Says:

The newbies have officially taken over now

21. Camelot Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 11:48 am

@camelot

Em has public admiration this is true

difference of taste on Relapse, so cool

Which remeinds me….Jay fathered Joe Budden

Less important: Em helped craft and mold 50 into what he is today. Beyond just signing him. Not the same with what he did with Obie, yes.

Jay didn’t father Joe, he just adopted him and then kicked him out of the house

More important: Dude, Royce’s flow mirrored (still does at times) Em’s something serious. Listen to the OG version of Renegade, Royce has the beta-copy of Eminem’s flow, and Em has the perfected version.

Same goes for “Bad Meets Evil” on the SSLP, Royce was (embarrassingly) stumbling with the multi-syllabic flow, the same one Em crushed them 3 niggas with on the Forever verse and mad shit before then. Royce’s style, heavy based on Em’s, without it Royce might have been rapping like them Black Sheep/Twista niggas. Em is the Royce Sr. (none).

Royce da 5’9″ is the War Machine to Eminem’s Ironman.

22. &What?! Says:

U-God’s Dopium album is 100% THE MOST SLEPT ON album this year. Shit is fucking fire!