Video: Bobbito on the Pro-Keds Bobbito Royal Flash Pack

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Pro-Keds Royal Flash, and the first-reissue of the sneaker in 30 years, Pro-Keds linked up with Bobbito “Kool Bob Love” Garcia to put his own touches on one of his most beloved sneakers. In this video, MaZe sits down with Kool Bob Love to discuss the history and significance of the Pro-Keds brand and his upcoming Pro-Keds Bobbito Royal Flash Pack.

via KITC

Previously: CNN Piece on Bobbito Garcia for “Latino In America” Special

45 Responses to “Video: Bobbito on the Pro-Keds Bobbito Royal Flash Pack”

1. herbal kint Says:

456 Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 2:51 pm
    Jay-Z out there as the spokesman for hip-hop when we all know all he cares about is how he can make his life better, thats not what hip-hop is supposed to be about ….

^FOH with that bullshit. You bail fuckin JOE BUDDEN who is the most self involved nigga to ever live. And KRS was outta control when he had hiphop’s ear. He was wilding and saying a lot of dumb shit until people stopped listening. so stop with the double standards nigga.

…. Joe Budden is one of my favorite emcees out no doubt, more self involved than Jay-Z though? I don’t claim Budden is a “teacher” I just happen to like and relate to his music more than most and he doesn’t try and degrade the same people he is selling music too like Jay, but I’m not even trying to entertain another debate about Jay. So what I can’t like Joe Budden because I think KRS might be the GOAT? I can’t like their music for 2 completely different reasons? Budden’s music is personal preference for me, I’ll still argue Jay Electronica is the most talented emcee right now despite his relatively small catalogue, am I not allowed to like rappers for different reasons? All my reasons have to do with their music and their lyrical ability, none of my reasons are about how much money they got, album sales or what kind of clothes they wear either…..

2. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Detroit P Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 2:51 pm
    My moms and my father are both from Sierra Leone (city of Bo and Bonthe islands, respectively) immigrated in the 70s to the 757 and then came my ass. My dad’s step brother is from Gambia.

Is that black enough for you my nigga?
    I’m sorry to tell you but you’re not Black…..you’re African, there’s a difference.

3. herbal kint Says:

Duro Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 2:54 pm
    he is though, its just most people aren’t listening, he stays touring, not for music but on how 9/11 was an inside job, he stays talking about the “Obama Agenda” and was waaaay before they made a documentary about it and before he even got elected, if more people were listening to KRS like that than they would have to worry, but they don’t because they got people like Jay-Z out there as the spokesman for hip-hop when we all know all he cares about is how he can make his life better, thats not what hip-hop is supposed to be about
    “”””””””
    true but that whole “truth” movement has been infiltrated. That shit is laughable now. Alex Jones, Icke, Watts, Maxwell. They’ve all been proven frauds but they are propagated to the fullest.

….. true, but those people are doing it to make a living off of it and to feed the propaganda machine and distract people from the truth, KRS is trying to spread truths for peoples well being not for profit, but I co-sign your premise ….

4. Duro Says:

“””””””””””
    this is missing from the history texts. Black people have no idea where they come from.

5. TheCo!!inB Says:

*dead* @ “is that black enough for you nigga?”

6. plug Says:

one thing about working with all women, they put you up on so much game if you just be quiet and listen

7. Detroit P Says:

^your fuckin idiot
    Africans have a totally different culture heritage than black people….black people are the descendants of american slaves whose african heritage was erased thru the process of slavery(it was one of those side effects)…that Back to Africa ideology is idiotic in the sense that African is a whole content, you don’t even know what culture or heritage you belong to there(there are many different ones)…its like a white person saying i’m going back to my roots in europe..its like are you french?italian?british?

8. 456 Says:

^you talk about jay as this selfish figure but have no criticism for that self involved failure budden. its already proven beyond a shadow of a fuckin doubt that jay has given waaaay more to his fans and people in need than krs +budden put together. but you continue to perpetrate that lie. of course you can feel krs is the GOAT and that is a valid choice, but then you bring jay into your argument and its based on lies so i called you out. full stop.

9. KzA Says:

Label me greedy but see me finish with Petey started
    From Carolina where niggas spray like graphitti artists
    The south nigga, them niggas used to think we retarded
    and slow as hell, but well well look now we regarded
    as them niggas

I fuck wit non-rappin niggas, nine clappin niggas
    niggas is real, yall action figures
    aint into actin bigger than I really am,
    aint no two ways around it, mother fucker Im the man

10. KzA Says:

grafitti > graphitti

11. plug Says:

—–
    sad but true. my grandma never wanted to talk about her grandmother. if my grandma was born in 1911, and her moms was prolly born in 1890, then her grandma was prolly born in 1870. officially slavery times

12. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Detroit P Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 3:03 pm

^your fuckin idiot

Very well said

13. son of ether Says:

for arguments sake lets look at this quote

“I’m sorry to tell you but you’re not white…you’re Italian, there’s a difference”

*hopes those two will realize how foolish they look comparing race to nationality*

14. Camelot Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Is that black enough for you my nigga?

*Checks vest, must change the kevlar plates tommorow morning*

Is the part where I’m supposed to be ashamed of where I’m/my family is from and where I am now? Cause I’m already at the credits and the commercial break.

@ “I co sign this and not trying to diss, but there is a difference btwn us (black Americans) and people from other countries from African decent….”

So what’s the difference between me and you?

(c) the hook from track 7, Dr. Dre 2001

15. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 2:58 pm
    Detroit P Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Is that black enough for you my nigga?

(throws Speer)
    Un-GaWa!

16. 456 Says:

^i live in africa and yes there are cultural differences but 90% is exactly the same. And that backassward thinking that you come from slaves and not from africans is just self hatred. most people are from west africa and now with dna you can find out exactly where you from. but beyond that thinking you different from africans is how the white man keeps you weak and divided and begging.

17. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# Detroit P Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:03 pm

^your fuckin idiot
    ^^^^^
    THIS

18. herbal kint Says:

give me a break with the Jay gives back shit, everything Jay has done he has done for publicity and promotion, not to mention it’s all a tax write off, also yeah he has given back more financially than KRS and Budden combined cause he is taking most of the money in hip-hop, they don’t have it….. also I wasn’t even talking about giving back or trying to uplift people with money I’m was comparing bars, what KRS raps about to what jay-z raps about, again I’m just talking emcee to emcee here I’m not talking about how much money they have or anything else I was strictly talking about why I prefer KRS to Jay-Z and that opinion is mine to have regardless of whatever bullshit you wanna throw at me ….

19. son of ether Says:

You can maybe erase a culture..not so sure you can erase heritage as your culture only comes as part of your complete heritage..your heritage is inherited whereas your culture is taught and adopted.

20. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

456 Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
    Man jayz, has not help anyone, besides victims for Katrina to 9-11 to columbine to water in Africa to his scholarship fund to giving back to the lil kids who mom and dad DIED in 9-11, to gifts to Marcy projects and raising over 5 mil to the kids who parents died in 9-11

21. plug Says:

456 says:

i live in africa
    ———

*ques eskay*
    ———–

22. Detroit P Says:

I’m comparing nationality to nationality

A Black american is different than a “African” American….our connection to Africa was erased…..it’s like saying Native Americans are the same as Asian Americans…the Indians came from asia a long time ago, but that connection isnt there

23. son of ether Says:

There is a difference between an American italian and a natural born italian too..culturally cause they’re TWO fucking separate NATIONALITIES..I don’t get the point of this convo?

white americans came here on a boat too.

24. Rey Says:

# TheCo!!inB Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 2:58 pm

after careful deliberation I have been able to come to the conclusion that while Kanye has done amazing things as an artist (career wise) he is basically nothing more than a user and an opportunist on a gross level. he is merely a conglomerated by product of all the people he employs. he hasn’t truly been original since college dropout. this view is not up for debate.

Yo, Collin.. No shots, but drink a tumbler full of clorox. Fuck outta here with that if you were serious.

25. herbal kint Says:

son of ether Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

white americans came here on a boat too.

co-sign, nahggers on here confusing nationality with race, when you check the race card on an application there is no box that says just African

26. Detroit P Says:

You erase that by constantly raping slave women and diluting the bloodline…do yall not understand how devastating slavery was to our people…it was really horrendous, thats why white people dont like to talk about it..epecially the rape part

27. son of ether Says:

black american is not a nationality..if anything it might be a sub genre of RACE.

race is your color nationality is where you from..we are all of the black race with different nationalities..I dont get your point.

28. KzA Says:

white americans came here on a boat too.

Nah son..god sprinkled us down upon the New World..you didnt kno?

29. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

i know 1 thing, african broads can suck a good dick. thats all i know.

30. 456 Says:

^again i aint telling who to prefer. I’m saying you argument is full of shit. stop perpetrating lies. you dismiss what jay has done as publicity. but what has joe budden or krs done publicity or not? and does it compare to what jay has done?
    has krs been to africa? has joe done anything for new jersey? you are a fuckin hypocrite. i love krs and like i said he was central to my development but you drag jay into the argument and its a lie, simply.

31. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

son of ether Says:

October 20th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

white americans came here on a boat too.

Wow….did they come by choice or force??? Were they used for 400 years as free labor to build the most powerful nation on earth?

32. Camelot Says:

# son of ether Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

white americans came here on a boat too.

Fact of life.

Word to couldn’t speak english, couldn’t say his father’s last name Andolini, immgartion officer saying fuck it I’ll just read his travel card, and calling the boy’s name Corleone…

33. son of ether Says:

^^Yea but your heritage (inherited thru birth) remains the same..your culture may change (slavery, etc)..but hereditarily you’ll be the same, your genetic makeup will still form a lineage to your ancestors whether here, africa or on the moon

cinnamon raisen bagel with butter (no cream cheese) ftw.

35. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

rollingstone.com/politics/story/30481512/wall_streets_naked_swindle/print

GATTTDAMN

36. Camelot Says:

# KzA Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:14 pm

white americans came here on a boat too.

Nah son..god sprinkled us down upon the New World..you didnt kno?

*IN TEARS*

37. 456 Says:

hiphop is proof that african culture can’t be erased entirely. it will come back in its own way. hiphop is a regeneration of african culture and the fact that people are blind to it shows how victimized black americans are.

38. ant Says:

b-ease Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 2:19 pm
    ….and i have nvr addressed you, just commenting to the many times you beg for my attention

Beg for your attention?

Hey Nahggers, how many helpless old ladies deaths do you think Icebergs been responsible for? I can’t imagine that someone who can barely type a coherent paragraph (especially if its not about Camel) can have the skills needed to handle medicine properly.

And what fucking school gave you a degree if you don’t know who Andy Warhol is? What fucking school?? They cant be accredited, they can’t be. If so, I’m sending my niece there. She’s mentally disabled, but if you can be a pharmacist, why cant she. Thanks for brightening her future.

Now go back to endangering peoples lives (or sitting at home).

that shit that make ya soul burn slow

39. RIGZ Says:

How I come back to see this???? WTF???

On some real shit, I might just stop fucking with the comment section after today

*straightest face ever*

40. son of ether Says:

To say “you’re not black” cause you did’nt grow up in America is a false statement in itself and can not be argued upon…heriditarily all blacks are connected.

Now “people” may not “refer” to you as black..but people can be idiots most of the times.

41. herbal kint Says:

456 Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:14 pm

… Iceberg asked me if I would put KRS ahead of Jay-Z for GOAT, how is that me trying to drag jay into the argument? Again my point is only about the music you dragged Budden into this conversation I was comparing why I think KRS is a better overall emcee than Jay, so my comparisons are about the music nothing else, end of story stop trying to bring shit outside of music into a debate about music ….

42. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

I’ll just read his travel card, and calling the boy’s name Corleone…
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    LMAO

43. Detroit P Says:

I bet that Italian American had some form of his culture handed down to him, I bet he had a great grandma that can remember being a little girl in Italy before coming to America, I bet he can trace his bloodline back to Italy without science…..Go ask any random black person what tribe, region, country they come from in Africa…..Black people’s heritage is unique in this country in the fact that it was ripped to shreds mixed around and hidden for hundreds of years so that it couldnt be passed down.

44. plug Says:

yo. vote for yung good. it literally takes 6 seconds top. just click his face and your done

talkofdetroit.com/main.php

45. Camelot Says:

RIGZ Says:
    October 20th, 2009 at 3:18 pm

So all of a sudden my culture is drastically different from the next nigga’s because my parents immigrated from SL and his have to be traced back to the 13 colonies?