Video: Meet Jay-Z’s Band

DJ Neil Armstrong introduces us to Hov’s tour band.

via herfection

33 Responses to “Video: Meet Jay-Z’s Band”

1. Paul Coughee Says:

2. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:17 pm
    Inside, Suge pulled out a chair into the middle of the room for Bell and asked him to sit while seven men surrounded him. Suge demanded an explanation of his non-cooperation and quizzed him on knowledge of Puffy Combs. As Tupac whispered constantly in Suge’s ear, a Piru member started beating Bell with occasional blows dedicating each hit to Jake Robles vocally who eventually told him he was going to kill him. At which point Suge went to the bathroom and filled a champagne flute with urine and instisted Bell drink up. Bell escaped from the room and darted for the balcony overlooking the lobby entrance. He was caught hanging from the guardrail with an audience watching in awe. The group tried pulling him back up with the exception of Tupac who was pounding his grasped hands. When secured onto the floor they swooped onto him beating down on him with Suge ordering, “Body blows only!” He was choked until he almost fainted. Bell played dead while they stripped him of his gold Rolex watch, wallet and jewellery worth an estimated $20,000.

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:20 pm
    . Big was actually the first one to start a feud on wax with “Who shot ya”. This was a clear shot at Pac, even though they would deny and say it was recorded earlier. The fact of the matter is, the timing of the release was after Pac was shot and pointing fingers any chance he got to the media. (also notice how jayz compared the hit em up to who shot ya, in his last album) lurkers stay with me

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:22 pm
    and don’t let the little lines pass you up…when he says “fuck your bitch and the click you claim”. That click he’s talkin about isn’t Junior mafia or anything else….he’s talkin about the crips. Make no mistake, this war quickly turned into some serious gang shit. Go back to the 2nd part when Henchmen said he approached Pac with a few crips he had with him. Or when in part 3 Wolf killed Suge’s man with a few crips. Let me get a little ahead of myself and remind you of a Big line…”my team in the marine blue”. With Deathrow’s Blood affiliation, Bad Boy had the Crip’s backing them….aka millions of thug’s on salary.

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:23 pm
    Lets fast forward a little bit to the time of the “realest shit he every wrote”….you thought he was just saying that for jokes??This is also where Pac takes the shit to a next level and simply consumes himself with the beef like a mad man.

The first verse was dedicated to rappers, 2nd verse he did the unthinkable and called out some real niggas, 3rd verse was a mix.

I heard he was light skinned, stocky with a Haitian accent
    Jewelery, fast cars and he’s known for flashing (What’s his name???)
    Listen while I take you back (NIGGA SAY HIS NAME!) and lace this rap
    A real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jack
    Knew he was workin for the feds, same crime, different trials

Right here he’s referring to when I told you that Pac and Hatian Jack had a fall out cause Pac got the maximum penaly while Jack got a different trial and no jail time. Also, he said that the cops who arrested him for the rape case, were the same ones who showed up at the Quad shooting…making it look like Hatian Jack was a close informant

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:24 pm
    promised a payback, Jimmy Henchman, in due time
    I know you bitch niggas is listenin, The World Is Mine
    Set me up, wet me up, niggas stuck me up
    Heard the guns bust but you tricks never shut me up
    Touch one of mine on everything I own
    I’ll destroy everything you touch, play the game nigga
    All out warfare, eye for eye

Now we get the madness from Pac. Never has something this bold been laid out on a track…and like I said, Pac wasn’t just talkin shit, the character he played in Juice took control of the real him and all he wanted was war.

Here we come, gunshots too Tutt, now you stuck
    Fuck the rap game, nigga this M-O-B
    So believe me we enemies, I go against all odds

For those who didn’t know….Suge was affiliated with Piru, but later started his own gang with M-O-B…that’s right, that was all Suge’s gang. Even though Suge has a big image as a fucked up dude….it’s still not accurate to what he actually was in the street. He owned Compton.

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:25 pm
    Puffy gettin robbed like a bitch, to hide the fact
    he did some shit he shouldn’t have did, so we ridin for that

The problem that comes with having a million thugs on salary is that these thugs are only down with you using you for your money. Jimmy, Jack, Tut, the Crips…were all deep in Puff’s pockets. Big and Puff were actually puppets who got taken into a dangerous path by the people around them, both were also brainwashed into the lifestyle.

And that nigga that was down for me, rest the dead

This is when it started to get really crazy. That line is directed at Stretch who was with him during the Quad shooting. Pac claimed that no one touched Stretch when usually the biggest dude gets hit first. Later in an interview Pac says that Stretch started hangin out with Bad Boy after the shooting. One year to the very DAY of the shooting, Stretch was murdered execution style…which makes that line foul as hell.

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:25 pm
    Probably be murdered for the shit that I said

Pac’s fascination with death wasn’t something he was into. He knew, he had some bad ass mothafucka’s after him…and he knew he was saying and doing some shit to piss them off. With all the gang war’s behind the scenes, he had a good idea this would end with a tragedy so he started recording tracks to put out after his death.

To all you bitch made niggas, I’m comin for you
    Against all odds, I don’t care who the fuck you is, nigga
    You touch me I’m at you
    I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
    Hell no I ain’t forgot nigga
    I just remember what you told me
    You said don’t go to war unless I got my money behind me
    Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

Once again, this is directly for the G’s behind the scenes at Bad Boy. Dude completely lost it and wanted revenge. Remember that he admitted Hatian Jack and Tut introduced him to the gangsta lifestyle and schooled him on shit. They taught him the rules to war as well, can’t start a war without money…and he now found his money with Deathrow, and it was on.

3. verses Says:

FACT:

Sean Diddy Combs is a close assoc. of Lee Harvey Oswald. He was also instrumental in the fake moon landing back in the 60’s and assisted the US Gov’t cover up the alien landing at Roswell.

4. Baby Feet Says:

nothing to do with this, but i’m just now listening to k’naan’s troubadour. im like eight songs in and it’s awesome.

5. PW Says:

landLORD Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 8:26 pm
    Iceberg Slim killed Tupac
    LOL.

He is posting up a good read though.

*round of applause*

6. Ghost Writer Says:

Iceberg Slim will soon get a phone call saying “come outside a sec” only to see red and blue and I don’t mean cops, a thank you

7. SDP Says:

applaud iceberg

COT DAMN

i feel as if I’m in a history class

tryna analyze shit like i got a final comin up

8. Ghost Writer Says:

I don’t believe you

9. barak's ex preacher was right white people Says:

iceberg’s analysis deserves a post of it’s own

10. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

At this stage in the series your eyes have been opened to what was REALLY going on in Pac’s life during this whole mess. He felt like his homie Stretch was workin with the Bad Boy camp to set him up, he was riding on Bad Boy as a “staff and record label” because he felt like they were trying to take his spot. Pac spent a year in jail having nightmares of the shooting and reading his tactical books for his revenge when he got out. Like i said before, Suge had his own problems with Bad Boy and they joined teams….Pac became consumed with the beef, check out the messages he left his enemies on All Eyez on Me.

11. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Pac takes a page out of the movie Scarface.

Heartz of men

Ahh, Suge what I tell you nigga,
    when I come out of jail what was I gonna do
    I was gonna start diggin’ into these niggas chest, right
    Watch this, hey Quik let me see them binoculars, nigga
    The binoculars

Just as i said…These two monster’s teaming up had a reason, and that was to shut down every aspect of Bad Boy…on and off wax

Ha ha ha ha, yeah nigga time to ride
    Grab your bulletproof vest nigga
    cause its gonna be a long one
    Now me and Quik gonna show you niggas what it’s like on this side
    The real side

Now everybody keep your eyes on the prize cause the ride get tricky
    See you got some niggas on your side
    That say they’re your friends
    But in real life they your enemies
    And then you got some mutha-fuckas that say they your enemies
    But in real life they eyes is on your money
    See the enemies will say they true
    But in real life those niggas will be the snitches

the phony friends he’s talkin about is Stretch, Big, Puff. The enemies/snitch he’s talkin about is Hatian Jack.

9-1-1 its a emergency cowards tried to murder me
    From hood to the ‘burbs, everyone of you niggas heard of me
    Shit I’m legendary niggas scary and paralyzed
    Nothing more I despise than a liar
    cowards die

You know what he’s talkin about here

12. verses Says:

landLORD Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 8:26 pm
    Iceberg Slim killed Tupac

Iceberg Slim IS Tupac.

13. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

This entire All eyez on me
    album is absolutely LACED with threats, warnings, and information on what was going on during the beef. Fact is, every track Pac recorded after the first shooting either related to Big, his gangsta enemies, his sell out friends….or bitches. So if he isn’t talkin about a girl on tracks like “wonder why they call you bitch” or “Skandalouz” then keep your ears open cause he’s spittin some real shit.

Make no mistake, Big definetely did respond to all this…

14. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

There’s an original version to this that was suppose to be released til Pac ended up being killed. I couldn’t find it, ill try to get it to you guys if someone sends me that….but Puff was talking even MORE RECKLESS…listen to Big’s lyrics and listen to Puff in the background, make no mistake this is all for Pac.

[puff] see, I told yall muhfuckers
    [big] yo yo.. that stupid nigga man
    [puff] i told yall to stop!
    [big] he fucked up, yo..
    [puff] i pray for you to stop
    [big] yo, yo yo yo, yo.. yo.. yo..
    Yo, yo yo yo, yo..
    [puff] but no, you didnt stop
    [big] yo.. yo..
    [puff] and now, we wont stop

Motherfuckers mad cause I blew, niggaz envious
    Too many niggaz on my dick, shit strenuous
    When my men bust, you just move wit such stamina
    Slugs missed ya, I aint mad at cha (we aint mad at cha)

this is one of the only undeniable shots at Pac with the ‘I aint Mad at ya’. Like i said a while back in part 1, the Bad Boy camp was real down low with their shots…they believed “Bad Boy’s move in silence”. Rarely did they respond, and when they did it was subliminal. Try to avoid police at all costs. They definitely weren’t backing down, or “soft” like many people believe.

Now.. we dont give a fuck..
    We just absolutely.. dont give a fuck..
    Because.. there aint no motherfuckin love here..
    There aint no love here..
    You know, we.. we just gon keep doin what we do
    We gon keep fuckin you up..
    And ima keep stompin your motherfuckin head in
    You fuckin bitch, cmon!!

HAHA, Puff must have been real pissed off in the studio that day.

Uhh.. Im flamin gats, aimin at, these fuckin
    Maniacs, put my name in raps, what part of the
    Game is that? like they hustle backwards
    I smoke blackwoods and dutchies, ya cant touch me
    Try to rush me, slugs go, touchy-touchy
    Youre bleedin lovely, witchyo, spirit above me
    Or beneath me, your whole life you live sneaky
    Now you rest eternally, sleepy, you burn when you creep me
    Rest where the worms and the weak be
    My nine flies, baptize, rap guys
    With the holy ghost, I put holes in most
    You hold your toast shaky, slippin tryin to break me
    Look what you made me do, brains blew
    My team in the marine-blue, six coupe
    Skied it out, weeded out, cleanin out — the block
    For distances, givin long kisses bitch

Big starts out questioning Pac’s G mentality since he went and laid out their beef in tracks for everyone to hear. “what part of the game is that? like they hustle backwards”…basically saying the rules of G shit is not to draw heat. Pac is doing backwards shit. As i said in the last one, Big was throwin up crip signs…Pac even addressed this clowning him for thinkin he was down with blue since he was a New York nigga….but the fact remains, they were rollin with crips..”my team in the marine blue”

15. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

All we have to do now.. is say a prayer for you.. yknow?
    Thats all we have to do, just to pray for your mind.. cause..
    Eheh, see your mind got control of your heart..
    When its supposed to be the other way around
    Your hearts supposed to have control of your mind..
    So now, I have no feelings for you
    You have made me cold..

Puff would say on record (very innocently) that Pac had lost his mind and started to feel like he was the character he played in Juice. Like that dude got in his head. Once again, the Bad Boy is schooling Pac on some G shit, ” your heart’s suppose to have control of your mind”. One can argue that Pac was speakin from the heart…but Bad boy’s argument was that Pac switched real fast into this reckless character when he started out with a really innocent, kind demeanor.

16. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Personally, i think he was a good hearted cat…but that whole episode with the Quad shooting triggered something in his head. Pac lost all control.

Slugs hit your chest tap you spine, flatline
    Heard through the grapevine, you got fucked fo times
    Damn that three to nine, fucked you up for real doe
    Sling steal slow, as for remorse, we feel no

The claims that Pac was fucked in jail…and Big sayin he feels no remorse

17. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

With millions of thugs on salary, Puff was not backing down as it seemed in the public’s eye. Hatian Jack said on record that Puff was giving out 10k cash for Deathrow Medallions. This is also supported by many insider’s….and THIS SOLE REASON, can be linked to Pac’s death. If you recall Pac stomped out Orlando Anderson because he heard that Anderson had snatched a Deathrow medallion…well Anderson was part of the Crips that Badboy affiliated with, and he did it for the 10 g’s. Pac wasn’t stomping out a random nobody…he was going after a branch of Bad Boy.

18. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Just a question rmbr thru all this Snoop has always been a crip

19. CassavaLeaf Says:

writing a book fam?

20. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Suge had tried for several years now to have an association with many of the country’s top crime families. Already Death Row lawyer, David Kenner had strong ties with the Genovese Family. Suge continued to collect contacts to infamous crime families of America. Son of ‘Tony the Ant’ Spilotro, John represented Suge as his Las Vegas attorney. Spilotro was a character from the film, Casino, the real life account about Chicago’s Outfit. Suge also retained the services of lawyer, Oscar Goodman the ‘Mouthpiece for the Mob’ who represented most of the important Mafioso charged in Las Vegas together with former U.S. Attorney David Chesoff. When Suge wanted to open 662 off The Strip he brought onside the two most powerful legal employees of Death Row. David Kenner and DR’s new business manager, Steve Cantrock who was connected with the ‘Las Vegas Businessman’ Robert Amira who years earlier had been indicted with Joseph Colombo Jr. and Alphonse ‘The Whale’ Merolla in a scam to defraud the Dunes Hotel with airline tickets. In suspicious format, the case against Amira had been dismissed. Suge successfully took possession of the club. The venue was formerly known as Botany’s but had become a Death Row clubhouse, housing packed crowds from hardcore Californian gangbangers to prominent black American celebrities all witnessing the recording stars of Death Row performing at Tyson after-parties and industry events. Las Vegas would experience some of the most rowdy disturbances and brawls the Sin City has ever seen.

21. Brooklyn Strong Says:

Good read Ice but your wrong about Tut being in Puffs pockets deep.

22. Ghost Writer Says:

Man I hope Eskay don’t get shoot over this boy Iceberg

23. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Tupac rode shotgun with Suge in his new black BMW With reckless abandonment, they drove erratically over towards 662. Stopped at a red light on Korval Lane, a white Cadillac halted in front and to the right of the BMW with four black men inside. The one in the rear left seat opened his window and extended his arm with a .40 calibre Glock sprayed BMW’s passenger side with 10-15 bullets.

Tupac tried desperately to climb into the backseat but in the process was hit four times. Two bullets pierced into his stomach opening up his “Thug Life” tattoo, two more hitting him in the leg and hand. The Caddy peeled away from The Strip leaving strong witnesses in the rear car containing Shakur’s bodyguard, Frank Alexander and two Outlawz. Tupac was critically wounded and Suge Knight was grazed slightly by a ricochet bullet on his scalp. By September 13, Tupac Shakur lost his life. Death Row Records would never be the same company again. Suge Knight survived the night in almost perfect health.

Now, Orlando Anderson was DEFINITELY the trigger man…and right now it would seem that he did it out of revenge, or he made a call to the east coast after wards and someone ordered it. The LA times article also felt it was ordered by BIG himself, they even went onto say that BIG was in Vegas and asked Pac be killed by his own gun. At this point there are other theories….i will show you what Hatian Jack said about all this in an interview (claiming it wasn’t Bad Boy, it was Suge)….and tell you of the aftermath that followed.

24. barak's ex preacher was right white people Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:44 pm
    Just a question rmbr thru all this Snoop has always been a crip

^^^^^^

this is why he got on tv with puff and big

25. SDP Says:

*raises hand in class*

*proceeds to jot down notes*

26. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Brooklyn Strong Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 8:46 pm
    Good read Ice but your wrong about Tut being in Puffs pockets deep

Im just saying what Pac meant by saying “Puffy getting robbed like a bitch”

27. verses Says:

nah thats enough…thanks though

28. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Before this get’s too repetitive, now that you all know the whole story we’re left to draw our own conclusions. Anderson was down with the Bad Boy staff and unofficially was the triggerman. After that came a gang war as retaliation, but Anderson shows up to court testifying in Suge’s behalf. Odd is an understatement. This is where the theories arise that Suge masterminded a plot to kill Pac, lets look at the facts for and against this theory.

#1 (Suge did it) By now you should understand exactly how dangerous Suge Knight was during this era. Knight was responsible for a lot of deaths and had 100 million at hand to buy off anyone from police to you name it. As the million dollar man once said “everyone’s got a price”. Could Anderson have taken money from Suge to kill Pac in Vegas? Pac had finished his contract with Deathrow and made clear that he was taking his unrecorded material and leaving. Killing him would leave hundreds of unreleased tracks to Suge and Deathrow for millions of dollars in future revenue as has happened.

29. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

#2 (just as it looks) Now, people love conspiracy. That’s why Suge being labelled as the culprit is the most favoured theory out there, the LA times shocked the world when they blamed Bad Boy. As you just read, there was a huge war that popped off between the crips and bloods…that would mean that all those bodies were a cover up in Suge’s plan. It also means that Suge put himself in the line of fire with an amateur gangbanger shooting multiple rounds in his direction. Another thing that people don’t think about is that we are just outsiders looking in, while the Outlaws and Afeni know more than any of us. Yet, they still choose to do business with Deathrow. Suge and Deathrow only addressed these rumors once saying that the only people they answer to with those obserd allegations was Pacs loved ones.

30. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Feds aint know jack when Pac got shot….

I got a kit in the pen sayin that Tut got knocked!

see 50

31. Brooklyn Strong Says:

@ Iceberg
    I know tut and Believe me if tut was in puffs pocket he would be home. They basically made up a law to give him 25yrs. He beat his state case and then the feds snatched him up on bullshit career criminal based charge.

32. landLORD Says:

Iceberg Slim is po-po

33. Jay Robinson Says:

I came here to actually comment on the post. It happens. But, you know, blogs are free these days, Iceberg. Get a room.