mtv-hottest-jay-z

Shaheem Reid of MTV News calls into Invasion Radio and speaks on the controversial “Hottest MCs In The Game” list. At around the 5:20 he addresses Eminem’s exclusion, which I know amazed alot of people, considering all of the love Marshall usually gets at 1515 Broadway.

Audio: Shaheem Reid Talks MTV Hottest MCs in The Game List w/ DJ Green Lantern

Previously: Hottest MC In The Game: #4 Kanye West, #3 Drake, #2 Lil Wayne, #1 Jay-Z

117 Responses to “Audio: Shaheem Reid & Saigon Talk MTV Hottest MCs in The Game List w/ DJ Green Lantern”

1. Chris Cash Says:

Ok i gotta quit lurking for a second to ask this question. Whats the story behind Tribe and snapple bottles? I been seeing jokes about it but never knew what it meant.

2. Beezy Says:

RIP ATCQ

3. Audio: Shaheem Reid Talks MTV Hottest MCs List w/ Green Lantern « You Heard That New Says:

[…] If you ask me, the list pretty much looks about right. As a Yonkers native, I would’ve liked to have seen Kiss make it, I feel like he kinda heated shit up this year. He definitely had more and better songs in rotation than Curtis, that’s for sure. – eskay […]

4. Harlem World Says:

Fab did not deserve to be on that list.

5. Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

watup buzizin buzzin
    words flip a dozen dozen
    holla @ ya boy boy u thought ya cousin wasn’t

I’M READY

6. Marcus Robinson Says:

Eat a dick Beezy & your bitch ass niggas, too. Don’t steal that hook nigga…Let me find out, Straight like that.

7. Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

*birds

8. Rey Says:

JUEPA!

9. TheCo!!inB Says:

@Chris Cash
    the nigga tribe, who is alive, made some lewd comments about penis girth and snapple bottle openings a while back….since then it’s been off to the races.

10. Beezy Says:

yo someone need to teach this nigga Marcus how to comment effectively

i35.tinypic.com/o0xnpy.jpg

^ tribes snapple bottle cap

12. Geronimo P Says:

Chris Cash Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 3:41 pm

^Some pretty funny, yet disturbins shit… hahahahaha

13. rex hussla Says:

*Perez Hilton Screaming on Will.I.Am voice*
    ________________________________________

LMAO this is how I imagine 90% of the nah commenters sounding…the other 10% probably sound like Avery Johnson *no shots*

14. Marcus Robinson Says:

Jada definately should have replaced Rea though..and Ghost should have replaced Fab.

15. Rey Says:

Jadakiss shoulda replaced 50

Joe Budden shoulda replaced raekwon

that is alll

20. G7 Says:

lol @ Forever Kind

21. landLORD Says:

is it Boozing and Whoring?, or is it Boozin and Whorin?…. i wanna be in full effect here …

22. Harlem World Says:

Forever kind

Ol care bear ass nigga

23. TheCo!!inB Says:

@rex hussla
    I sound like that voice behind ya moms bedroom door when she made you go to sleep at 5 in the afternoon. no shots.

24. rex hussla Says:

Damn…3 of the hottest 4 emcees are gay and the top emcee has “roommates”. Ladies and Gentleman, hip-hop in 2009!

25. Marcus Robinson Says:

Jadakiss shoulda replaced 50
    ^^^^^
    Huh??? No,really….

26. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

the other 10% probably sound like Avery Johnson *no shots*

–*dead*

27. Marcus Robinson Says:

Forever kind

Ol care bear ass nigga

^^Killed Him..But ur still a bitch ass nigga though..Ol’ Snuggle’s Bear ass nigga

28. Big Homie Says:

I guess Tribe is alive

29. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

For the criteria, we factor in the following: How the MC’s words penetrate on the mic: Can their lyrics stab hearts, does their flow enthrall you? Obviously we look at how they implement their talent with the quality of music as well. The music is always primary, but not the only aspect of a Hot MC. We look at their success, both musical and entrepreneurial: Do they sell albums, singles and ringtones? Do they top the charts? Are their records heavily spun on the airwaves? Do they have businesses that flourish? Have they put other MCs in the game? Do companies clamor to get them to endorse products? And finally, there’s the intangible, impact: Of course you can look at metrics such Google hits, Twitter followers and YouTube views — which we do — but do these MCs move the needle on the culture? Can the mere mention of their names start conversations? Do they start trends? How much do they get fans engrossed? What’s their buzz? Keep in mind though, these are the main factors. When the Hip-Hop Brain Trust sits down, passion over a certain issue or artists will ultimately determine who ranks where

30. G7 Says:

>>Wait a minute…so they had an online poll but then Bush’d the vote with their own list? SMH

^that’s why the list is not even worth chattin’ bout.

31. Ghost Writer Says:

@rex hussla
    _____________________________________________

Ahhh damn man *dead*

34. Rey Says:

# landLORD Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I always spelled it “Boozin’ & Whoring”.

35. Beezy Says:

leave the g of boozin for GOAT

36. Ghost Writer Says:

Cocksuckers!* (no homo)

37. G7 Says:

Domino shoulda made the list

38. rex hussla Says:

No shots or disrespect…but Marcus Robinson sounds like that 45 year old dude in Fubu with a du-rag going door to door selling 10 packs of mini Kit Kat bars for $10….supporting “urban youth”…again no shots

39. Ghost Writer Says:

Fat Joe should’ve made the list

^that’s why the list is not even worth chattin’ bout.

^ ah dat meya say

41. Marcus Robinson Says:

Free P!!! Damn I miss dat nigga Prodigy…
    Besides Jeezy dat niggaz as close to the streets as it gets. Uncut Hip-Hop..History speaks volumes (Besides Summer Jam shit..let’s b realistic)

42. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

my album will be called “Mr. Gorgeous Face, Louis V Wallet Waist”

43. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

I guess Tribe is alive

–Sorry to disappoint = /

44. The Killer Says:

Pause on the pork

*smashes greeneyes*

46. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

9 out of 10 wifeys prefer the yung gawd to their existing boyf, it’s just the way things are

RULE #1: never steal somebody else’s girl. RULE #2: nobody has a girl. (c) liwang

47. TheCo!!inB Says:

@Henny
    *daps*…..I see what you did there.

48. Marcus Robinson Says:

rex hussla..go to your room while I go in on your Mammy…She loves my froggy style, my FUBU, my doo rag and all that shit..no disrespect

49. Beezy Says:

when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

50. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

i know most of u desperate brothers would smash green eyes sight unseen but i need 2 or 3 full facial and body pics before i even consider dipping my oar in that water. she might could be disgusting and yall going gaga over her (no cancelled kanye tour)

51. The Killer Says:

I think for relapse 2 eminem should sprinkle some tpain on his shit,yanamean, take it back tudda streets

52. Rey Says:

# Beezy Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

Cut the check and I’ll rap that song live. (nhjic)

53. Beezy Says:

Rey Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:02 pm
    # Beezy Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

Cut the check and I’ll rap that song live. (nhjic)

>>im not trying to terrify the guests. thanks tho.

^ its been confirmed greeny is dimed out. no homeless or convict.

55. rex hussla Says:

Yo Tribe I liked you more when you were dead [ll]…no disrespect.

56. JihaD Says:

Eskay,

Your a pussy with a blog platform… You always got some backhanded comment to say about 50 like this nigga owe you money or something. Did he have sex with your mother or something? For real, every time I come here you always have some bullshit comment up about a nigga who ain’t done shit to you…

57. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

beezy, u getting married? please tell me she’s over 16. though in kentucky they might let you sign the certificate anyway.

58. Beezy Says:

JihaD Says:

^thats you Joey?

you got knocked the fuck out

59. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

@Henny
    *daps*…..I see what you did there.

–*daps*

60. Beezy Says:

Mr. Damn, He Ain’t Coppin’ That, Is He? Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

^not yet, but we’re gonna wait until she turns in December. The ceremony is in Utah.

61. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

Yo Tribe I liked you more when you were dead [ll]…no disrespect.

–LMAO

62. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

its been confirmed greeny is dimed out

lmfao

NEVER (c) dame on the “we are the champions” roc-a-fella song

whoever confirmed it might like fat white broads, which is what green eyes is

63. Marcus Robinson Says:

JihaD Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:03 pm
    Eskay,

Co-Sign

64. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

–Oh shit drakes religion

65. landLORD Says:

When people at DefJam first heard Crazy Rey Party, they offered Rey a million dollar contract if he promise to never record again

66. Beezy Says:

Tribe = Casket Face

67. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

uh oh we got some fruitcakes from thisiscurtis popping up and throwing darts

go back to daddy u little bitches

p.s. wifey is having a girl. just thought i’d let the bredjrins know

might name her LASERS

68. Harlem World Says:

Jihad?….this dude gone blow the c-section up!

69. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# JihaD Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Eskay,

^^^^^^^
    C-O-M-E-D-Y-

70. The Killer Says:

Who, doesn’t like white fat broads? O thought we were all minorities on here’s?

71. Rey Says:

Beezy Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Rey Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:02 pm
    # Beezy Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

Cut the check and I’ll rap that song live. (nhjic)

>>im not trying to terrify the guests. thanks tho

That hurt my feelings. I’ll be over here when you want to apologize. —>

(nh)

72. Beezy Says:

congrats chea

73. Harlem World Says:

Green eyes pics? Anybody?

whoever confirmed it might like fat white broads, which is what green eyes is

noway I seen the pics. she a red bone with a donk.

75. Rey Says:

# landLORD Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Actually, it was Universal.

76. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

The Killer Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:06 pm
    Who, doesn’t like white fat broads?

Everyone except black men. Yall are the only dudes who can stomach cottage cheese quakes.

77. rex hussla Says:

I slayed a whale one time but it was after 151 shots at 4 in the morning

78. Chris Cash Says:

Mr. Damn, He Ain’t Coppin’ That, Is He? = Coonery

79. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

Beezy Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:07 pm
    congrats chea

thanks beezy *bro daps*

i might be done at 2 tho – i need a half a mill for each of their edumacations and after that a nicca will be bled to death

I slayed a whale one time but it was after 151 shots at 4 in the morning

^ roffs.

81. rex hussla Says:

__________________________________

Don’t sleep on Mexicans…they love that shit too [ll]

82. Marcus Robinson Says:

Mr. Damn…p.s. wifey is having a girl.
    Nigga fuck yo wife!!!! I did.

83. Big Homie Says:

when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

^ hopefully she is over 18

84. Beezy Says:

rex hussla Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:08 pm
    I slayed a whale one time but it was after 151 shots at 4 in the morning

^damn how you live through that? Im fucked up after like 6 shots…you did 150!!!

85. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

Chris Cash Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:09 pm
    Mr. Damn, He Ain’t Coppin’ That, Is He? = Coonery

lmao *kills self*

no, look at beezy’s comment if u need help

86. The Killer Says:

Naw coonery is Sean c from the hitmen

87. Harlem World Says:

I couldnt’ smash a fat girl. Only thin or thick. (No homo)

88. Beezy Says:

Big Homie Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:09 pm
    when i get married my first dance with my wife will be to crazy rey party

^ hopefully she is over 18

>>#latepass

Mr. Damn…p.s. wifey is having a girl.
    Nigga fuck yo wife!!!! I did.

^ so foul.

90. FISH ate_e_fiff Says:

KzA Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 3:17 pm
    Ghost Writer Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 3:14 pm
    yO how did Tribe die?

Looked Amanda Diva’s kneecaps in the eyes

adm cmc (c) glopez

91. Mr. Damn, He Ain't Coppin' That, Is He? Says:

Nigga fuck yo wife!!!! I did.

nah right, the wedding sheets looked like a murder scene the night of my wedding, b. if you fucked her then your dick is toothpick status and kept her hymen intact. what that say bout you brazzi? suck a dick ;oP

92. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

The Killer Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:06 pm
    Who, doesn’t like white fat broads?
    ^^^^^^^^
    why not if they pretty?….some of the pretty face whales just got this problem with food restrain some dont even eat as much as you’d think when looking at em just cursed with slow metabolism

93. rex hussla Says:

almost every Mexican that I ever worked with had an ugly wife with seeds and a hot girlfriend, and everybody knew their role. Shit was amazing.

94. Beezy Says:

*walks up to the Nah Right bar*

*orders a LURKtini*

*pours out half for Tribe*

95. Harlem World Says:

I do wanna fuck amanda diva tho. This is the truth.com.

96. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

yO how did Tribe die?

Looked Amanda Diva’s kneecaps in the eyes

–lmao

97. Joe 88 Says:

Shanti > Green Eyes

No shots cOLD. Just saying, if shanti ever needed a seat, my face is is always on stand by

just cursed with slow metabolism

^ *dead*

…5 minutes later…

*head in the taxi cab*

100. Marcus Robinson Says:

^^^^^^
    Kill Yo self!!!!!!!

101. rex hussla Says:

when I saw Amanda Diva’s kneecaps I immediately started fiendin’ for some oatmeal…and I hadn’t had that shit since a kid

102. TY Says:

Lil Wayne shouldn’t be on this list..why are niggas still bringin up Lollipop and/or Carter 3 in year ’09..Best I Ever Had was Drake’s song..and if the reasoning why they put him on the list is because of his touring, but who isnt touring..thats wack imo..

-TY

^ so you saying the wife was ok with the hot girlfriend? thats G shit.

104. rex hussla Says:

and ayoooooooooooo for Kobe trying to look seductive in these ads SMH…that’s the Colorado face

105. Joe 88 Says:

Yo, I wasn’t present when the amanda diva shit went down, can someone up a link of a picture of her knees?

106. Ghost Writer Says:

October 6th, 2009 at 4:13 pm
    yO how did Tribe die?

Looked Amanda Diva’s kneecaps in the eyes

–lmao

Please leave my girl out of this….thanks

107. rex hussla Says:

cOLD Says:

^ so you saying the wife was ok with the hot girlfriend? thats G shit.
    _________________________________________________

Like…they all knew of each other but there was only gonna be drama is the broads happened to cross paths. There was no anger towards the dude…I’m saying…shit was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=KU4_qutgY6Y

@ joe heres a video of similar knees so you can get an idea, except hers resembled Jesus.

109. Ghost Writer Says:

NO HOMO

110. TheCo!!inB Says:

*daps up Chea*
    what’s good with you fam, been a while (no Staind)

111. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GOAT Ether spill in Internet history…..only 1 casualty

112. whowantwhat Says:

Eskay get off 50’s Dick!! His site is better than yours too. Go back to yonkers! Get outta Queens…

113. » Audio: Shaheem Reid Talks MTV Hottest MCs List w/ Green Lantern Says:

114. Matt Says:

If you ask me, the list pretty much looks about right.

^^^^^

Idiotic

115. Teddy Says:

list is garbage no t.i. no eminem he couldnt even answer the question kept straying away from it their fuck wits

116. soleking78 Says:

# Harlem World Says:
    October 6th, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Fab did not deserve to be on that list.

^ fuck outta here. gucci didnt deserve to be on the list. at least fab can rap.

117. Nah Right » Video: MTV’s 2010 Hottest MCs List (Top 5) Says:

[…] got the number one spot this year, which was kinda predictable after last year’s outrage and fan outcry against […]