Video: KiD CuDi Interview w/ Trace TV

Previously: Jay-Z Explains the Blueprint Trilogy

149 Responses to “Video: KiD CuDi Interview w/ Trace TV”

1. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BLACKIE!

2. Big Homie Says:

anyway Jay sucks period

^ AYO

3. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a I’m A Jerk Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:33 pm
    Jaz was out of the picture by the time RD dropped dummy.
    ========================================
    Jaz produced Ain’t No Nigga you fucktard.

STANLEY FAIL!!
    He looped the beats, jay gave him the sample and the original convo was that jazo career helped hov, when that is not the case….

4. Ghost Writer Says:

Jay ain’t came up with an idea from a song since Vol.3……Kanye should be credited for half jay’s catalog if not more (n)

5. THE-XFACTA Says:

The fucks the deal

another Jays prospects, true hip hop fail.

7. Ghost Writer Says:

At least Nas can come up with ideas without the help from other people

8. THE-XFACTA Says:

Yo I’m starting a new website called banghonda.com I’m gonna go around a 1997 Honda Civic and try to fuck random strange broads

Stans are funny people who could of been lawyers the way the argue the case. smh @ Ice.

10. Ghost Writer Says:

Jay needs the freemasons…that’s a lost too

11. landLORD Says:

Ghost Writer Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm

————

1/3 goes to Kanye
    1/3 goes to Just Blaze
    1/3 goes to Miss Wallace

12. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

Jaz was on on Bring it on, and had the best verse on the song too

13. THE-XFACTA Says:

Ghost Writer Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:38 pm
    At least Nas can come up with ideas without the help from other people

—-

He needed some outside input (none).. All of his ideas have failed.. Then he gets to Def Jam just to see his mentor leave.. SMFH

14. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a I’m A Jerk Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm
    Jaz was out of the picture by the time RD dropped dummy.
    ========================================
    Jaz produced Ain’t No Nigga you fucktard.

STANLEY FAIL!!
    =====================================
    Why you defending eskay? I try to avoid acknowledging your existance “Slim”.

Ol’ jump in the line of fire ass nigga.

eskay said Jaz was outta the picture before RD dropped when he produced his first single.

Dumb niggas.

Actually I said that, u really need to work on ur reading….its nvr to late to get a associates degree, it only takes 2 years

15. Charles Oakley Says:

Beans doesn’t need Jay to hold his hand. Nor does Free. But Young Chris does? or the Young Gunz? or whoever? get over it, if niggas ain’t blow up, it’s not Jay’s fault, he can only do so much.
    lol @ the thought of eskay doing guest blog posts at nation and dre’s future blogs to up their traffic

16. Harlem World Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Harlem World Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:35 pm
    The way dame speaks on this you can tell this nigga went hard for all his artists. (No homo)
    _________________________________________________

That was his job…fuck else was he doing?

Turning broke niggas into multi-millionaires before they turned 30. SMH at non money gettin niggas tryna shit on money getting niggas.

17. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

At least Nas can come up with ideas without the help from other people
    ===============================================
    That’s why Nas was kinda tight when they asked him about Empire State Of Mind. He knows Hov jacked his shit for the umpteenth time.

Jay is a huge Nas stan.

Huge.

That right there lets you know…

Nas > Jay-Z

18. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

when the last time u heard a artist who has went over gold mention Nas….ill wait
    ^^^^^^^^^

19. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

1/3 goes to Kanye
    1/3 goes to Just Blaze
    1/3 goes to Miss Wallace

–YIKES!

20. Joe 88 Says:

point is, if your famous and at the top of hip hop and sign hella artist and don’t use your status to help them reach higher levels then they would reach if they was on there own = Fail

That’s the truth, that’s like hiring a employee and not give them your knowledge, or atleast walk them thru the beginning process

Niggas expecting street hood niggas to adapt to the business world in the spand of 3 months, if you a hood nigga like them, you should wanna walk them thru it, atleast the beginning. But I never took Jay as a “hood nigga” just a nigga that lived in the hood, it’s a huge difference

Joe 88 = Hood Nigga
    Jay-Z & eskay = Niggas that lived in the hood

damn its a stan war, niggas shootin.

22. Charles Oakley Says:

1/3 goes to Miss Wallace
    ouch

23. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Alright gotta shut down, will be back in a few to continue my stanning…in the mean time talk to my absense

24. Harlem World Says:

Soulja Boy Business Deals> Nas Business Deals

25. Ghost Writer Says:

landLORD Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:19 pm
    Eskay practices yoga, so he can make the Roc sign with his whole body….

*dead*

26. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

THE-XFACTA Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Chuuuuch!

27. el feces loco Says:

Trying to get a Jaystan to think rationally is not gonna work..I’ve accepted Nas for who he is..a cool humble, introspective, brother that’s mostly about the music..not some mega corporate CEO takeover manipulate the masses type nigga…and I’m comfortable with that.

These two will go down as the Martin and Malcolm of hip hop, I never really fucked with Martin..he was an ass kisser. Malcolm was my nigga, if this was back then everyone would have a list like this.

Martin > Malcolm
    Malcolm lost by:

Changing his name
    Being a pimp changing his style up after his pilgrimmage
    Having red hair
    Getting shot in a ballroom and not some scenic balcony
    and etc etc.

Time/History will remember these two as they should be remembered..Jay will have the biggest funeral with a platinum glass case for his fans to kiss and write on then he will be entombed beside MJ in a casket made of the finest camel’s hair.

Nas will have an open casket, small intimate funeral then he will be buried on top of a hill beside his moms…and I’m ok with that.

28. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Hov never recovered from Ether.

That shit exposed mad cracks in the armor.

29. landLORD Says:

this CuDi nigga is a straight up weirdo, forreal…

30. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Jaz was on on Bring it on, and had the best verse on the song too
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THATS A LIE!

Thug thought he was O.G. Bumpy Johnson
    I played him like Benny Blanco, mano a mano
    you ain’t ready, I find no trigger straight up shoot my guns horizontal

Reasonable Doubt is the only flawless JayZ album

Eskay practices yoga, so he can make the Roc sign with his whole body….

^ roff

32. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

-Fuck you talking about, Name one person on State P that didnt have a chance to blow [ll]. SHIT, JAY LET JUSTBLAZE PROD FREE’s ALBUM. if you havent established yourself over that then you were destined to fail

If jay did anymore for them niggas he’d have to breast feed them.

33. rex hussla Says:

In their latest issue, Marie Claire puts the spotlight on ‘stiletto stoners,’–educated and successful women who smoke marijuana to relax at the end of a workday. A study by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimates that 8 million American women have smoked pot in the past year.

Debbie Schwartz, a 28-year-old reality show production manager, justified her evening routine to the magazine:

“I love to have a glass of wine now and again, but going out and downing sugary cocktails isn’t fun for me. And drinking is so much more expensive….I’ll go to the gym for an hour, then come back home and smoke a joint while I listen to jazz and read a book–I just finished The Fountainhead. It’s my moment for myself before I have to get up and do it all over again tomorrow. It’s my bubble bath,” Schwartz explains.

Yesterday “The Today Show” interviewed a book editor who compares her post-work pot-smoking to “having a glass of wine at the end of the day.” But she wouldn’t say she’s addicted. “I feel like I’m more addicted to coffee than anything else, and I’m sure millions of people can say the same.”

huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/stiletto-stoners-successf_n_306773.html
    _______________________________________________

these are my dream women…

34. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

THATS A LIE!

Thug thought he was O.G. Bumpy Johnson
    I played him like Benny Blanco, mano a mano
    you ain’t ready, I find no trigger straight up shoot my guns horizontal

Reasonable Doubt is the only flawless JayZ album

–Wrong, BP1 is.

Btw fuck inga

35. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

landLORD Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:19 pm
    Eskay practices yoga, so he can make the Roc sign with his whole body….
    ^^^^^
    LMFAO!!!!

*literally in tears*

36. THE-XFACTA Says:

Harlem World Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:41 pm
    Soulja Boy Business Deals> Nas Business Deals

—–

Ouch!

>>whatchu talkin bout Curtis carried Nas’s weed….nigga is in the thank you section…for carrying my weed credits in Nastradamaus…*dead serious*

then Nas did him dirty, and Curtis, his former weed carrier went onto accomplish more than Nas ever has or ever will.

that’s # 15 by the way: Outdone by former weed carrier.

38. Ghost Writer Says:

Hov hears ether come and faints……hold his cheast on some Stanford and Son shit…big dummy

39. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

===========================================
    Well said.

And I still think Jay is one of the illest ever & will probably be remembered more fondly then Nas by most, but Jay is the rapper, Nas is the poet.

Jay makes hits, Nas tries to make art.

Both are necessary.

40. Detroit P Says:

Nas has influenced every single rapper since ‘94…who da fuck does he need to “put on”….when his Style/DNA is in everyones music…from BIG, Jay himself…,BIG L,Lupe,Clipse,Jay Elec,Elzhi, all salute this nigga…whats the last Jay Z salute song…dont worry i’ll wait
    I’d say Nas’ influence extends from 94 til 01 give or take a couple years

Jay’s influence from 96-now and still going…..He got R and B singers payin him homage(trey Songz)…I never heard anybody make a song about Nas that wasn’t a diss. BIG L,Lupe,Clipse,Jay Elec All saluted Jay…I dont kno about that nigga elzhi…word to Jay Elec bitin Jay for Exhibit A

41. Ghost Writer Says:

ether come on*

42. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

Wait wtf, Curtis carried Nas’s weed lmfao.

jesus learn something new everyday

43. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

that’s # 15 by the way: Outdone by former weed carrier.
    ========================================
    Fif woulda snaked Nas as soon as he could.

And who would sign to Nas anyway?

Career fail.

44. Joe 88 Says:

>Fuck you talking about, Name one person on State P that didnt have a chance to blow [ll]. SHIT, JAY LET JUSTBLAZE PROD FREE’s ALBUM. if you havent established yourself over that then you were destined to fail

^What the fuck are you talking bout? Jay LET just blaze produce free’s album? Wow, you really are feasting on Jay’z ballsack right now, and free has a nice following, I always excluded free in this debate cause he almost did more for free than bleek, i’ve said this, but just pick any other artist he signed, beyond state p, and ask yourself what he’s done?

>If jay did anymore for them niggas he’d have to breast feed them.

^he really didn’t do alot for them niggas, a free 16 on ya artist album isnt much fam

45. Ghost Writer Says:

This

46. THE-XFACTA Says:

eskay Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:45 pm

that’s # 15 by the way: Outdone by former weed carrier.

Good point

47. Brooklyn Strong Says:

This nigga Nas wifed up the R & B chick that made “I Hate You So Much Right Now” and didn’t get a prenup. What is he gonna do next? get with that chick that made the “Bust Your Windows jawn?

48. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

el feces loco Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Martin > Malcolm
    Malcolm lost by:

Changing his name
    Being a pimp changing his style up after his pilgrimmage
    Having red hair
    Getting shot in a ballroom and not some scenic balcony
    and etc etc.

Post Of The Year

lol

49. landLORD Says:

cOLD Says:

damn its a stan war, niggas shootin.

————-

word … niggas get mad passionate when fighting for their cause…

reminds me of when Amp told some nigga (maybe Iceberg)

“Oh Stanley, will you ever lower the flag?”

50. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

And 50 was on Columbia & fucking with Tone & Poke when he was running with Nas. He couldn’t sign to Ill Will cause he already had a deal.

51. Harlem World Says:

Yeah, jigga signed beans. I was wrong.

52. Ghost Writer Says:

Jay makes hits, Nas tries to make art.

Both are necessary.

I can agree with this

Joe, you’re more of a loser than Nas with that argument. at the end of the day, the nigga jay put that whole list of niggas on, some of whom, some of you clowns claim are better than Jay lyrically, and each of whom have had an album in stores at one point.so you’re argument is that because these average rappers didn’t go multi-platinum or whatever,it’s jay’s fault because he didn’t do enough.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

WHO THE FUCK DID NAS EVER PUT ON HIS LIFE?!

NAME ONE NIGGA WHO EVEN WENT GOLD, AND AZ DON’T COUNT!

NEVER MIND GOLD, WHO HAD AN ALBUM IN STORES!?

smmfh, gnawze stans are just as moronic as their hero.

54. Charles Oakley Says:

50 Cent ft. Nature & Nas – Too Hot
    usershare.net/8x12haqitxpi

55. Charles Oakley Says:

“50 Cent is Bravehearted”

56. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Nas thinks with his dick…just like millions of other dudes.

Can’t totally fault him for that.

57. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

This yoga so the diamond with the whole body needs a response

58. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

–I didnt mean literally but Free had a hot produced album, and a great start but failed.

>If jay did anymore for them niggas he’d have to breast feed them.

–What you talking about, What we do was a hot single, one of the best songs that winter. Smfh @ excuses

All of them niggas got put on and had dope singles, what you expect jay to do, to put a verse on ALL of their songs…

Or maybe you forgot about Roc La familia

59. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Yeah, jigga signed beans. I was wrong.
    ============================
    Dame set up that meeting and it was for Philly’s Most Wanted. Beans just tagged along.

Dame was way more instrumental in Beans deal then Jay.

60. el feces loco Says:

Well said.

Jay makes hits, Nas tries to make art.

Both are necessary.

^^i dont want to be hipocritical cause I argued Nas vs Jay since 2007 on NR..but after a while and 23090909403849834 nas vs jay convos…it’s starts to seep in as to who the real loser in all this is.(ME)

Its black culture..there’ll never be 2 jays, 2 nas, 2 lebrons, 2 mikes..no 2 shall rule at any given time in any given industry..I’ve really outgrown the nas vs jay shit..i don’t even give a fuck really ( i know most yall dont either)..they both really inspired me to get my paper up.

61. Joe 88 Says:

^i’d say from 98′ til 04, after he retired, lil wayne already claimed his throne, gave props, and by the next year, he was dissing him and killing him on his own beats, niggas praise hov cause it’s the civil thing to do, that’s like having an open opinion about michael jordan, it’s like career suicide. It aint like niggas genuine about there homage, every artist say there favorite Jay album is reasonable doubt or the blueprint, like he doesn’t have 15+ other albums, when a artist says his favorite Jay album is best of………i’ll belive that he’s being sincere, til then, I just don’t belive most of these nigga homage paying skills

62. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

NEVER MIND GOLD, WHO HAD AN ALBUM IN STORES!?
    ===================================
    Bravehearts & the QB’s finest album.

But Nas is not a great executive, so what?

What does that have to do with his music?

>>And who would sign to Nas anyway?

my point exactly, that’s like a blogger signing to Amplified Grammar or some other shit site over NahRight.

64. Ghost Writer Says:

I can’t remember the last song Jay-Z did by himself

65. Joe 88 Says:

^ Nah, I am, FTR

Jasmine sullivan > Kelis

66. Ghost Writer Says:

D.O.A.?

67. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

FTR Roc La familia had beans all over it, made beanie hot, he should have put his own team on.

68. Charles Oakley Says:

I listen to both Nas & Jay-Z. I cherish the entirety of their respective catalogs.

69. Brooklyn Strong Says:

Where the hell did them Braveheart dudes go? I wonder if we can sign them to back Joe 88 or jimmy V up. They’re pockets got to be low by now. They’ll probably sign for a winter coat or something

70. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Nature dropped an album too.

Mobb Deep came up with Nas, Mega too.

QB niggas is mad shady. Any nigga Nas tried to fuck with bit the hand.

71. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

Detroit P Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:46 pm
    I’d say Nas’ influence extends from 94 til 01 give or take a couple years

all of them same niggas you mentioned saluted Nas except for maybe Big L

Lupe styled his first album after IWW

Clipse has gone on record talking about how flawless Illmatic was and how it influenced them

Jay Elect has a damn SONG CALLED “WORLD IS YOURS [NAS SALUTE]” lol… not to mention, his verse in Exhibit A also references “Life Is Like A Dice Game”

72. el feces loco Says:

Eskay says: Niggas expect jay to hold they hands they whole career.

Niggas is arguing two sides of the same coin.

73. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

# eskay Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 4:53 pm

>>And who would sign to Nas anyway?

================================
    Fuck you nigga.

74. Ghost Writer Says:

el feces loco Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:55 pm
    Eskay says: Niggas expect jay to hold they hands they whole career.

Niggas is arguing two sides of the same coin.

This

75. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

QB niggas is mad shady. Any nigga Nas tried to fuck with bit the hand.

this

76. PHENOMENON Says:

I’m sold. I’m getting Cudi’s album.

77. Harlem World Says:

Nas should have wifed amerie. Obedient asian chick (roffles to self).

78. FUPM618 Says:

Nas>Jay-z….all the spitters(nh) pay homage to Nas…from jay-z…. jay electronica,lupe,elzhi,krs-one..etc..etc

79. Detroit P Says:

.they both really inspired me to get my paper up.
    Jay inspired me to get my paper up MORE than Nas. Ha!

but really

Ether>Takeover

Jay-Z>Nas

but most importantly from the 48 laws of power:

Win through your Actions, Never through Argument

Any momentary triumph you think gained through argument is really a Pyrrhic victory: The resentment and ill will you stir up is stronger and lasts longer than any momentary change of opinion. It is much more powerful to get others to agree with you through your actions, without saying a word. Demonstrate, do not explicate.

80. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

I can’t remember the last song Jay-Z did by himself
    ================================
    Valid point.

81. landLORD Says:

seriously… NaS is a FAR better MC than JayZ …

all that other side shit about who they fucked or who they signed is too complicated and involves too many other people to be brought into the argument…

but bar for bar… JayZ aint NEVER been on NaS level … ever …

82. Ghost Writer Says:

FUPM618 Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:56 pm

Yup…

>>Bravehearts & the QB’s finest album.

so what happened? why they ain’t go plat? because Nas aint’ do enough?

>>What does that have to do with his music?

nothing, I never said Nas didn’t make good music, I said he’s a fucking loser.

84. Brooklyn Strong Says:

eskay Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:53 pm
    >>And who would sign to Nas anyway?

====================================
    Oh Shit
    Boo Yah!! (c) Stuart (baby eye) Scott

85. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

all of them same niggas you mentioned saluted Nas except for maybe Big L
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    He sampled “i went to hell for snuffing Jesus” and “automatic guns at nuns” for Devil’s Son

youtube.com/watch?v=JC70sI9l4Sc

86. el feces loco Says:

I know one thing..I’ve heard “this song needs a Nas verse” more than Ive heard ” this song needs Jay on it”..for whatever that’s worth.

87. Ghost Writer Says:

landLORD Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:57 pm
    seriously… NaS is a FAR better MC than JayZ …

but bar for bar… JayZ aint NEVER been on NaS level … ever …

THIS

88. Duro Says:

i would have speared Jay oout of his seat while he was shooting ESOM

89. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Win through your Actions, Never through Argument
    ===================================
    That’s why even though Jay “won” at life, he still resents Nas for bodying him on “Ether”.

90. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

replace “Jay” with “Nas” and thats the exact argument you’ve been making this entire thread. FOH.

91. Big Homie Says:

Takeover > Ether

92. Duro Says:

go ask Jay if he feels salty after ether how the fuck do you know

93. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

NYC only breeds goat rappers, Nas shoulda went to philly, DC, or Bmore for weed carriers (no shots at either cities)

94. FUPM618 Says:

The problem with jay stans is that they try and factor his business deals into his music….like opening a 40/40 club is going to make KC a better album. Song for song Nas> Jay…I don’t know why niggas can’t admit that.

95. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

but bar for bar… JayZ aint NEVER been on NaS level … ever …
    ^^^^^^
    THIS

Nigga is the biggest Nas stan in the world

96. Joe 88 Says:

*Sighs*

No one expects Nas artist to sell, cause except for IWW he was never a big seller, fans was more dissapointed with the material that came from the bravehearts album rather than the sales.

97. Ghost Writer Says:

Jay stays asking for songs already completed by other artists (i.e. the track with Jeezy)…..wasn’t Run This Town for RiRi?

98. el feces loco Says:

.they both really inspired me to get my paper up.

^^^^ Jay inspired me to get my paper up MORE than Nas. Ha!

^^It depends on the individual..Do you want paper so you can buy things? (G4, basquiats, sports teams, Beyonce’s love) OR

do you want that paper that allows you to see and experience things through your wealth? (destiny going to college, the Ivory coast, child support, a well raised son, etc)

It’s all relative.

>>Then in the same breath he says “Who has Nas ever put on”..I guess he should have held Quan, Bravehearts, mega etc hands then?

you’re a moron. niggas is talking about Jay did niggas dirty because he didn’t do whatever it is ya’ll think he should’ve done beyond signing the niggas to the hottest label in rap at the time and spitting on their albums. i’m ssaying that’s bullshit because what else does he really need to do? a Jay-Z cosign alone can change an artists whole career, as it did with Beans, Free, Young Gunz, Bleek, etc.

As far as Nas, the nigga never even put niggas on. i’m wrong? who’d he put on? Bravehearts for one shit album? who else? Quan never dropped an album. who else? that matters?

I’ll wait.

100. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Jay had Dame to sign the talent, nas had Steve Stoute, the grimiest music exec since…since…

Stoute jumped ship & started fucking with Jay years later. Just like Tone from the Trackmasters.

Nas surrounds himself with traitorous motherfuckers & it seems Jay takes pleasure in having relationships with Nas former circle (ie. carmen)

101. Brooklyn Strong Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a I’m A Jerk Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 4:59 pm
    Win through your Actions, Never through Argument
    ===================================
    =========================================
    Yeah he probably resents Nas while he sleeps next to Beyonce thinking about the platinum album he just dropped and the fact that as a couple they’re probably almost Billionaire status.

102. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

*Sighs*

–Kanye went plat, didnt beanie go plat as well.

103. Joe 88 Says:

^And Ny niggas wonder why no one likes them, lol.

LF: Even tho i’m on NaS side with this arguement, I still think song for song (not lyrically, but good song for good song)

Jay-Z > Nas

By far, if you was to take all of the material from both artist, you could make atleast 17 best of jay-Z mixtapes, and about 7 best of nas mixtapes, jay has too much good material, so I give the nod (n) to Jay

104. landLORD Says:

JayZ has never said ANYTHING redeeming or revealing in his songs… he just another “flashy nigga braggin on a song” (his words)… he’s good at it, but so what… NaS dropped more jewels on one song “What Goes Around”, than Shawn did in his whole career…. FACT

105. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

*Sighs*

–Or present another artist as big as Jay where their “weed carriers” went plat. Cause idk where you’re getting these rules of the game from

106. Detroit P Says:

Takeover > Ether
    i’m a Jay fan(former Nas fan){thats another L}, but I can’t even cosign that.

Takeover had a great verse dedicated to Nas

Ether was a song belittling every single aspect of Jay and his career…everything you could’ve said about Jay was said at that time…down to “whiskers like a rap”…down to the reason for Jay’s misogyny “they called you ugly?”….cmon now, can we be serious

>>Once again, if you have as much influence as Jay-Z, and none of your artist goes platinum = Fail

why because i’m gonna buy a bleek album because jay is nice? GTFOH

108. Duro Says:

fuck both of them they both suck

109. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

–(c) Black Album

110. Harlem World Says:

Im mad at nas for the whole quan shit. Quan could’ve been a star. The nigga was on some sucker shit with the carmen/kelis situation. And he needs to choose some better beats. Musically i fux with jay x nas tho.

111. FUPM618 Says:

7 best of jay-Z mixtapes, and about 7 best of nas mixtapes,

^^^quality> quantity…You get the dopest Nas albums vs the dopest Jay albums…Nas win

112. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

Quan never dropped an album
    =========================
    He got booked soon after SD, but that’s no excuse.

Nas is not an executive but he put his peoples on. The Bravehearts & QB’s Finest albums (even the Firm album gave lesser known artists some light) didn’t even look good on paper & we all knew they would struggle to go Gold.

As many times a s Nas has been burned co-signing niggas (ie. Mega, Prodigy, Nore, Nature…) why would he sign anyone?

113. Duro Says:

NaS and Jay would walk by all you dudes if you asked for an autograph

114. landLORD Says:

how do niggas know JayZ actually sleeps “next to” Beyonce?… if you ever listen to her interviews, not ONCE has she claimed this camel/nigga … every couple you see on the red carpet together or at events together, aint actually living happily ever after … i mean, this broad wont even claim him as her husband, much less her beast of burden

115. Charles Oakley Says:

Jay-Z makes more music that I would rather listen to than Nas, but Nas is on another planet with some of the verses he has spat.

116. Rey aka NahRight's Corey Feldman Says:

Too different to compare them musically.

Jay’s obviously a better businessman.

Jay shouldn’t have had to hold anybody’s hand more than he already did. This is just a buncha Jay haters and people with State P blue balls (nh) whining.

NaS never put anybody on but it doesn’t matter because his music will be his legacy, missteps and triumphs.

*whew*

^ ^
    “Thank You” was dope.

119. Joe 88 Says:

eskay Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 5:05 pm

why because i’m gonna buy a bleek album because jay is nice? GTFOH

^You know you brought “coming of age” because of the 2 Jay features nigga, lol. But lets be honest, if jay co-signed half of his artist like he co-signs drake, most of the rocafella sartist would’ve went platinum, real talk

If Jay co-signs Young chris like he did weezy, young chris album would be in high demand. Tell me i’m lying?

120. el feces loco Says:

^^I’m not arguing with you man..Jay won, you win, everyone wins..I lost..ok? Nas is just not that kind of “corporate dude” that Hov fans want him to be..A nigga concerned about paper and sales DOES NOT have the balls to even put out a record called NIGGER..Nas takes creative chances that Jay can not or wont. …I’m ok with that.

Your definition of “putting someone on” might be different..Jay might sign a nigga..Nas might just introduce a nigga to the head of the label..being “put on” is different in the circumstance presented.

121. Duro Says:

Nas and Jay would tag team your wife…and rap about it in their collab

122. PHENOMENON Says:

. . .So is “DOA”.

123. FUPM618 Says:

^^^not too mention he paint’s better picture word to i gave you power,2nd childhood, color purple…etc..etc

124. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

Smh @ making excuses for the current failures of Chris, Free, State P or any other failed artist under the roc.

How come no one talks about Cam and Juelz and Jimmy. Under Cam, Juelz did great, after… that nigga cant even get a release date. No one takes him seriously anymore

Under Cam, Jimmy did great for an independent, After, that nigga got dropped from his label quicker than the ink on his contract dried.

>>JayZ has never said ANYTHING redeeming or revealing in his songs… he just another “flashy nigga braggin on a song” (his words)…

people who say shit like that clearly don’t listen to or understand jay’s lyrics.

and just because you don’t understand Nas don’t mean that he’s nice.

ya’ll niggas are mad gullible.

Jay Electronica follows the same blueprint and ya’ll swing from his nuts.

just becaue you say the names of egyptian pharoahs and ancient african kings doesn’t mean you’re saying something worthwhile, get a grip.

then again, most of ya’ll are the same niggas who quote internet conspiracy theories as if they are fact, so why would I expect anything else from ya’ll.

and lol @ the notion that Nas has better songs than Jay. better to who? because nobody even buys nas albums to hear his music, so how would anybody know.

once in a while Gnawz will say somethgn profound, but that doesn’t mean the MUSIC is better.

126. Duro Says:

fuck your paragraphs. Get that nonsense outta here.

127. Joe 88 Says:

^But that’s the thing, all of the good jay songs are really good, not fillers, and he laps nas when it comes to good/great songs, so

quality+quantity > just quantity

tell me i’m lying?

128. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

====================================
    jAY WAS ACTING LIKE cHRIS WAS NEXT UP AND THEN ABANDONED HIM FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS WHILE HE ENDORSED TRU-LIFE AND UNCLE M

129. Brooklyn Strong Says:

landLORD Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 5:07 pm
    ========================================
    Whoa!! is that Devil Jay Z asexual too?

130. FUPM618 Says:

Takeover = facts
    Ether = Fiction

^^^i hate when niggas say this bullshit…what facts were in takeover?

131. landLORD Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 5:05 pm

–(c) Black Album

————

the nigga was bragging B… and talking bout me,me,I,I,me,me… “i came i saw i conquered”… “December 4th”… “i got 99 problems” … blahblahblahblah…

same shit, different pamper (c) FUPM618

132. Duro Says:

yall saying the same shit over and over. yall trying to beating a dead horse thats already buried.

133. Brooklyn Strong Says:

11 straight #1 albums = GOAT

>>A nigga concerned about paper and sales DOES NOT have the balls to even put out a record called NIGGER..

nas didn’t have the balls to put the album out with that name either. in the end, the money won out over the statement, so whatchu saying? Nas is a fake ass, contradictory, arm chair revolutionary, and you niggas fall for it. but again, why would I expect anything else from most of ya’ll non-thinking followers.

if you look to Nas or deep commentary you lost at life.

135. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

BP2 was a reaction to Stillmatic.

Remember “Meet The Parents” where Hov tried to get his story teller on?

Horrible.

Jay is best when he’s talking bout Jay.

136. landLORD Says:

B Strong says

Whoa!! is that Devil Jay Z asexual too?

———–

i never said that… i was just responding to your seemingly knowledgable comment about who he wakes up next to …

137. Ghost Writer Says:

FUPM618 Says:

October 1st, 2009 at 5:09 pm

“Pussy Kills” is my fav

138. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

Brooklyn Strong Says:
    October 1st, 2009 at 5:08 pm
    Takeover = facts
    Ether = Fiction

this myth needs to be debunked. i’d do it but i dont feel like dedicating time to something thats not going to change the stans minds anyways.

i will say this though, “one hot album every 10 year average” is one of the most bullshit lines that nigga spit in his life

139. el feces loco Says:

You can’t really argue with a nigga that thinks “Jay has never done no wrong”..you can’t win. Nigga will never be honest with you. Why even bother?

Nas is just a regular nigga..like me. Nigga has baby momma drama, child support, chipped teeth, dead moms, wifey wan leave..those are real nigga problems..and i live in the real world. Jay don’t even have a kid..nigga has no problems, the finest girl in the world, nigga knows nothing about what life is about.

WE ARE ALL HIPOCRITES.

*waits for the inevitable nas stanley response that “i’m a contradiction, you’re a contradiction, the whole world is a contradiction, everything is a contradiction, nas is just a reflection of that”

GTFOH…like I don’t have a copy of the Nas stanley handbook.

141. Brooklyn Strong Says:

======================================
    Nothing left to say. I’m out

142. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

nas didn’t have the balls to put the album out with that name either.
    ===========================================
    That was LA Reid who stopped that. Stop spinning shit.

Nas’ open letter to the Chicago youth?

Jay would never think of doing such a thing.

And when Nas was in the streets, doing street music, he was flyer & flashier then Jay. Jay always came off as kinda corny.

143. Harlem World Says:

Cam > Jay x Nas

144. JDS aka JDSkellington Says:

whatever man… ’cause if Nas was like “fuck it, i’m not releasing the album unless it comes out with the name Nigger” and shit got shelved you’d be claiming that as a loss too

“‘dis is bullsheit!” (c) Rob Schnieder in Big Daddy

145. Duro Says:

you are corny. for debating whos flashier

146. AmpGeez a.k.a I'm A Jerk Says:

you are corny. for debating whos flashier
    =================================
    Nas was a trend setter. That QB piece had niggas scrambling for the big pendant. Dude made the Hate Me Now vid, the ultimate in Hip-Hop excess.

Jay is swaggerless.

147. Kid Cudi for Trace TV « Well Read Says:

[…] Kid Cudi for Trace TV By ianstonebrook via NahRight […]

148. Video: KiD CuDi Interview w/ Trace TV « Well Read Says:

[…] Video: KiD CuDi Interview w/ Trace TV By ianstonebrook Video: KiD CuDi Interview w/ Trace TV […]

149. JUlett Says: