Audio: Jay-Z on Jo Whiley (BBC Radio 1)

jay_cookies

Of course it was rude because it was her moment, but that’s how he really felt… I said that to him as well. The way they’re treating it, it’s not like he killed anybody… I think he has to watch his passion. At the end of the day, we’re going to celebrate him for his passion, more than vilifying him. The same thing that causes him to make Graduation and all these great records, is the thing that causes him to step out of line sometimes… Let’s move on, I don’t think he should lay low. I think he should go on tour and have a brilliant career. It’s an award show… He’s been that passionate since the first record. The first Blueprint he was jumping on the tables rapping, I’m like ‘this is not the time for that.’ That was just him. If he had changed because of his success, then that would be one thing. But he’s always been that passionate.

Audio: Jay-Z on Jo Whiley (BBC Radio 1)

Props to B. Dot

The mainstream media seems to be ignoring (sorry for the cliche) that he was drunk.

After the jump, Devi Dev’s lost Kanye interview about bloggers, gay rumors, new album, and more.

533 Responses to “Audio: Jay-Z on Jo Whiley (BBC Radio 1)”

1. Beezy Says:

i think he said u used to Pap, not currently

2. b-ease Says:

Beezy Says:
    September 18th, 2009 at 2:37 pm
    Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

September 18th, 2009 at 2:34 pm
    yo but Pap, Bernard was saying u tended bar at a gay club…fact or fiction?

booooooooooo!

i checked the tape nigga…. bernard tried to take mini shots, but you was the one shootin heavy.

you ol “i sure hope this bar has zima, i just started a workout boot camp and i’m tryna cut calories” lookin ass nigga.

^LOL

word, i mean i said no shots, so…

Bernard got the ball rolling with his bartending comment.

i repeat, fact or fiction!?

Wow, came back rite on time (ll).

First off, beezys a snitch as nigga.

3. Joe 88 Says:

Untitled is a dope album though. You just have to be in a certain state of mind to listen to it.

^That’s what fucks me up with that album the most, like the nigger tape was in the same direction of untitled, and that shit is flawless, but he went too deep (pause) in one direction, and left little to no entertainment on the album, like I gave it like 7 runs straight thru and was done with it, turned that off, and thru the nigger tape on. Only song I can get into on untitled w/o being in a certain mood is queens get the money and hero.

4. Beezy Says:

LOL whaddup Bernie…im not snitching, im just trying to figure out the truth

right > rite

5. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=989089
    lol

6. b-ease Says:

Beezy Says:
    September 18th, 2009 at 2:44 pm
    i think he said u used to Pap, not currently

and I said “maybe” it was pap. I remembered some nigga on here saying he bartender in DC and that gay niggas tipped well, no homo. I honestly thought one of you two were the ones that said it. But u really thought it was beezy. Check the tape.

Pause to the above.

7. NovemberEnd aka Throwing Apples At Blind Teachers Nolan Ryan Style Says:

The Nas/Damien Marley might be a sleeper for album of the year

8. Beezy Says:

Joe 88 Says:

September 18th, 2009 at 2:39 pm
    @Beezy

A new max b freestyle straight from prison is up over @ WSHH

I’m bout to check it out now

^oh shit

im not sure i can watch them vids @ work tho, gotta check it out

9. Rey Says:

I haven’t heard Untitled but the nigger tape was good.

Also, cosign Nas & ‘Ye mashup, word to Common’s “Be” and “Finding Forever”. (UMC? Naaa…)

Also Also, I agree with the mixtape thing for legendary artists.. Not having to clear samples would push the NaS’ and Jay’s to an even higher level, but also, dudes like Busta and Luda would be ridic-no homo-ulous.

10. k1ng Says:

do you niggas have a life aside from nahright?

11. Beezy Says:

oh okay okay, there is diff btwn gay niggas tip well and working at a gay club

either way it wasnt pap so w/e w/e

12. b-ease Says:

But I really > but u really

13. Beezy Says:

shut up lurker

14. Belize Says:

Yall should grow the fuck up

15. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Gattdamn, wheres Dre & Nate.

16. Beezy Says:

shut up other lurker

17. BARPAN Says:

Dead

18. b-ease Says:

oh okay okay, there is diff btwn gay niggas tip well and working at a gay club

Definetly, but it’s also not as funny, lol. Like I said tho, I really thought it was you, no shots.

19. Sham aka The Computer Puter! Says:

Beezy Says:

September 18th, 2009 at 2:53 pm
    shut up other lurker

REGGGULLATTOOOOORSS….Mount Up!

20. b-ease Says:

k1ng Says:
    September 18th, 2009 at 2:50 pm
    do you niggas have a life aside from nahright?

Do you really have no concept of irony?

21. landLORD Says:

Gravel Pit is iller if you just listen to it in the car or crib, and not watch the video… Whole different meaning

22. A tribe called quest aka Yo Lurker, Im really happy for you & imma let you finish, but my comment is one of the greatest comments of all time Says:

beezy is a homosexual

23. Joe 88 Says:

*listens to max b freestyle from jail for the 5th time*

Damn I wish that nigga was home (pause) shit was sounding like another coke wave classic, nigga was singing the hook and all, well, if he doesn’t win his appeal, he can give them classic to french, since frenchie is max clone now.

24. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

homo-ulous

———–

sounds like a type of cloud that hovers over a gay community

[ll]

25. NovemberEnd aka Throwing Apples At Blind Teachers Nolan Ryan Style Says:

k1ng Says:

September 18th, 2009 at 2:50 pm
    do you niggas have a life aside from nahright?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    when i take my soberity test im commenting on nah

when im on the shitter im commenting on nah

when im pinning the tail on my girl’s donkey im on nah

so you tell me

26. Bill Hu$tle Says:

*daps all*

aint been on nah in a minute, been lurkin tho. Ninjas is whylin on here

27. Beezy Says:

yo joe link that Max up i dont see it anywhere on WSHH

28. Da PartyStarter Says:

“The Sun Rises in the East” is the BEST Brooklyn Rep Hip-Hop Album ever….

29. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Joe 88 Says:

September 18th, 2009 at 2:37 pm
    The Nigger tape is definently one of nas top five albums

Untitled? Not so much

***”Lost Tapes” is criminally slept on…maybe my favorite Nas album, content and coherence-wise…of course you got Illmatic, Stillmatic, I Am, etc…which are all gems, as well

30. Big_seth Says:

LMAO.

one time when I waited tables. This girl & a gay dude came through.

Well one of them left a number for me with hearts all over it. I did not call.

they left a good amount of money though. (I refuse to use the word tip when talking about homos [no homo])

lol

31. NovemberEnd aka Throwing Apples At Blind Teachers Nolan Ryan Style Says:

you can find christ where the lepers and the lames at

somebody school me on what that means

32. Pickyhead Says:

That interview cut out just when it was getting interested…

Encore live >> chatting about Kanye BS

33. Mandy Says:

Uhm he got his nose done . . .