Video: 50 Cent Defends Soulja Boy

Last month, 50 Cent and Soulja Boy excited some fans and confused others during a West Coast stop on Young Money Presents: The America’s Most Wanted Music Festival. Fif stepped onstage in California and performed with his much younger club-floor-catering peer. Those in attendance seemed to love it, but on the Net there was speculation about how and why the collaboration came together.

Well, 50 Cent told us last week exactly why he wanted to come onstage with Soulja Boy. The answer is … well, the General doesn’t have to answer to anyone. The truth is, 50 and Soulja are cool. “I’d understand to not like the guy who’s a one-hit wonder. But he’s had two #1 records off his follow up album. As an actual artist, people may criticize him at different points.. like the first song, cuz of what kind of hit it was. I thought it was exciting the concept of a 16 year old kid writing, producing, and having his friends around him, creating a dance.”

He even said that Soulja’s popularity even resonates in Eminem’s crib. “I was at Em’s house,” 50 said recently. “He has a basketball court that doubles as [daughter] Hailie’s dance studio. That dance studio has the hardwood floors. I watched the kids do the Soulja Boy dance to the song. They’re into organized dancing. That was something they were into. They’re a world way from where Soulja Boy comes from. But it’s translating and it’s actually a hit record and he continues to make hit records that work.” So, Fif says to kick off his homie’s back and let the teenager do his thing.

No sign. He’ll have some longevity though. More “Turn My Swag On” and less “Kiss Me Thru The Phone”…

After the jump, the Rap City episode where 50 cranked that with Soulja Boy.

53 Responses to “Video: 50 Cent Defends Soulja Boy”

1. Rick the New Intern Says:

say wat up to Ty Ty, still sipping malta. sitting courtside Knicks and Nets give me high fives.

2. CiCi The Intern Says:

YOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

lol @ young buck

4. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

what’s that?

*sips on mai thai*

5. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

….No sign.

co sign.

6. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

what’s that?

*sips on mai thai*

comin up in Miami, i remember malta was some nasty, foul smellin shit the cuban kids drank in elementary school

7. Rick the New Intern Says:

# NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:23 am

lol @ young buck

——————-

that shining down remix he did is tough. *straight face*

8. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

no-sign the yellow garbage bag curtis is wearing

9. Rick the New Intern Says:

what’s that?

*sips on mai thai*

—————————————————–

Malta is a type of soft drink. It is a carbonated malt beverage, meaning it is brewed from barley, hops, and water much like beer; corn and caramel color may also be added. However, malta is non-alcoholic. It is similar in color to stout (dark brown) but is very sweet, generally described as tasting like molasses. Unlike beer, ice is often added to malta when consumed. A popular way Latin Americans sometimes drink malta is by mixing it with condensed or evaporated milk.

10. Joe 88 Says:

I kinda like soulja boy (pause) His successful freestyle was kinda dope, even tho the nigga said “mental shampoo” in a rap. Overall it was better than I expected it to be.

I respect him cause you can see he’s actually trying to step his game up on the mic, if you can’t respect progress then………. I don’t know what to tell you

11. vo0doodude Says:

Oh how the once mighty have fallen. Going to crank GRODT to reminisce.

12. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Why did everyone leave after my AIM story.. you can relax guys i used a condom

13. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

that shining down remix he did is tough. *straight face*
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    maybe…but he broke,in debt with curtis and his neighborhood OG,and he an actual junkie (coke,heroin)

14. Rick the New Intern Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:27 am

———————————-

word, he put down charles hamilton and wasn’t shook by ice-t. kid holds his own. i mean he ain’t ever gonna be a goat but i ain’t gonna hate on a homie doing his own thing.

15. Rey Says:

Soulja Boy was okay to me with “Turn My Swag On” and “Kiss Me Thru The Phone” (the former just sounded awesome, the latter was a clever cute song for the teens), but he lost me this morning with the aural diarrhea that is “LOL Smiley Face”.. That song is fucking horrible. It’s dumber than dumb.

At this rate, someone’s gonna sample Barney the Dinosaur’s “I Love You, You Love Me”.. And it’ll be a lil’ something like this:

“I love you, you love me, let’s all dress in Louis V, with a pair of J’s and some gucci shades, don’t see i’m fresh for days”

16. Rick the New Intern Says:

# Rey Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:29 am

———————————–

nigga you wanna get rich?

17. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

^^^^^^^^^^
    word….he only 18 right….wayne was trash dookie during the juvinile “drop it like like its hot” days

18. Dre Says:

Turn My Swag On was a hot record…

19. Joey Profit$ Says:

I know u got that from the net didn’t u

20. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

best thing Soulja Boy ever did was make that beat so Jeezy could destroy it.

21. C. Dufflebags Says:

Soulja Boy cool but u know I fuck with PARTNA DEM!

22. Rey Says:

# Rick the New Intern Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:30 am

# Rey Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:29 am

———————————–

nigga you wanna get rich?

How? By placing bets on whether it’s Gucci Mane, Yung Joc, or Jim Jones that bites that hook?

23. Rick the New Intern Says:

# Joey Profit$ Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:31 am

I know u got that from the net didn’t u

————————————————–

wikipedia. i don’t drink that shit though. living in orlando i see people drinking it.

24. Rey Says:

# The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:32 am

best thing Soulja Boy ever did was make that beat so Jeezy could destroy it.

Cosign. “Turn My Scale On” was ridic–no homo–ulous.

25. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Soulja Boy looks like a tatted up mummy

26. Joe 88 Says:

Soulja boy bodied charles hamilton, half of the nah right comment section was heated. That was back when the stanning for charles was at a all time high (and the main reason why I never downloaded his mixtapes)

You know you might just wanna switch up your gameplan, you know, you might wanna X out the sonic, and fuck wit mario, you know, you might just wanna eat a god dayum mushroom or something

wooka wooka wooka!!!!!!

*dead*

27. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

———————————–

nigga you wanna get rich?
    ^^^^^^^^
    Rick your white or mexican as far as i can tell from your twitter page…stop using “nigga”…your not authorized…thank you

28. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

This is a hit. No joke. U should be a ghost writer for Jimmy

* straightest face*

29. Remixznflow Says:

LOL@ trash dookie… HAHAHAHA…

30. V.I Says:

soulja boy is doin it doin it n doin it well

31. Big_seth Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:27 am

This.

HIm rolling with Ye proves he wants to grow also. (II).

He’s trying & I can respect that. It’s why I dig jeezy. Cuz he’s showing lyrical growth. Maybe one day I’ll respect Soulja Boy

32. Beezy Says:

^roffs

33. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Right here, page 1, paragraph 3
    Do what the fuck you gotta do
    Nigga just feed the streets

this shit is musical steroids

34. Joe 88 Says:

Who listens to young jeezy?

35. Beezy Says:

took a look at that work and said whassup

36. V.I Says:

not me

37. Beezy Says:

The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

September 4th, 2009 at 10:37 am
    Right here, page 1, paragraph 3
    Do what the fuck you gotta do
    Nigga just feed the streets

this shit is musical steroids

^ol better check your team somebody stole one
    say what the fuck you wanna say
    somebody owe him one…

38. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

V.I Says:

September 4th, 2009 at 10:36 am
    soulja boy is doin it doin it n doin it well

A..eh..why bother with some people [n]

39. Rick the New Intern Says:

# NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:35 am

———————————–

nigga you wanna get rich?
    ^^^^^^^^

—————————

i’ll admit to my white lineage, but i gots fam.

40. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:37 am

Who listens to young jeezy?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    *crickets*

*owls*

*more crickets*

41. Rick the New Intern Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:37 am

Who listens to young jeezy?

————————————

real as it gets > any jeezy track i’ve heard, but then again i don’t really listen to jeezy

42. Big_seth Says:

# V.I Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:36 am

soulja boy is doin it doin it n doin it well

I would say “AYO”, but you’ve said things that were much more homoerotic & I’m not even surprised.

43. V.I Says:

be quiet london geeza

44. Joey Profit$ Says:

I do – Yo soy de Puerto Rico e ami me gusta goya’s malta.

thanks lol

45. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

I find those gold platinum bezzles tacky as fuck, i dont know why anyone would wear those.

46. Joey Profit$ Says:

i’ll admit to my white lineage, but i gots fam.

applaud this nigga for keepin it 1 hunnit. <<<< u see what i did there? lol

47. Rey Says:

# LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:
    September 4th, 2009 at 10:35 am

This is a hit. No joke. U should be a ghost writer for Jimmy

* straightest face*

LOL.. That might be the only way I’d ever stop loathing Guillermo Jones. (sad part is, that is a hit hook. curse my lack of desire to sell my soul)

Also, Jeezy is awesome, whoever dissed him. Dangit.

48. Big_seth Says:

*kills my white half*

49. WEST COAST JAY AKA JUSTICE FLOWTOMAYOR Says:

“LOL Smiley Face” >>>>> Curtis

50. WeRLd Says:

they both suck
    fif fell off

51. Sun Dont Shine Says:

agreed

52. Nah wrong Says:

shit bitch please flight 187 hottest song out today!!!

53. What’s Going On – 9/4 | Hip Hop At Lunch Says:

[…] When Soulja Boy was in High School, he told me that G-Unit was tryin to give him his first major deal.. that woulda been a bad move by all!  More on Nahright.com […]