Video: Kid Cudi Interview w/ HipHopChronicle

Kid Cudi spoke to Sumit from HipHopChronicle earlier today:

In this interview with The Hip Hop Chronicle UK, Kid Cudi talks about his brand new album “The Man On The Moon: End Of The Day”, he speaks on specific tracks on the album including “Heart Of A Lion (Kid Cudi Theme Music) and “My World”.

Cudi also breaks down why he had 5 acts on his scene list and what the titles mean.

He also reveals that a lot of people who have under-estimated him in the past have apologized to him.

Looking forward to hearing this album.

108 Responses to “Video: Kid Cudi Interview w/ HipHopChronicle”

1. Big_seth Says:

Hopefully its dope. I really have no reason to think otherwise.

2. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

where the nava-hoes @ yo?

—————————

We’re coming up on a 3 day weekend, you know there’ll be plenty out in these skreets!

3. Joe 88 Says:

Ghost Writer Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 11:50 am
    Yo Joe88 you found a studio yet?

^Naw, not yet G, the dude J-Raw (pause) got one, but he’s more focused on him and the guys he’s working with, and one of the producers that I was working with just sold his monitors, shits getting tight around these parts (pause)

4. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

I respect him having the acts in the album.

making something different, even if it does fail, without goin too extreme >>

5. Joe 88 Says:

Did his album leak yet? I’m curious to hear how it sounds.

6. CiCi The Intern Says:

She get it from her momma..
    You can’t tie a sweater over that ass, it hotter than pajamas
    We lay back, blowin ganja
    DVD, she make it hard to watch a flat TV – WHOA
    I crept up behind her
    Mami threw it like a quarterback, I caught that like Rice
    I call mami Montana, bandana
    Tied her hands up – this is gangsta love
    Threw on a rap CD, we gangsta fucked
    This ain’t R&B smooth, I ain’t a R&B dude
    Poured a glass of Army, got mami in the mood
    Then she stripped for me like the “Moulin Rouge”
    I think I might wife her
    Y’know, powder blue Roc-a-Wear suit, white Nike her
    Add mami to the cypher
    R.O.C. for life cuz, the gang motherfucker

7. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

Cudi makes entertaining music, but he seems like the type of nigga that will Van Gogh himself in a heartbeat

8. b-ease Says:

I think dudes album is actually gonna be real dope.

9. kevfrescura de talco Says:

i can’t even do it. i find i get in trouble baggin breezies off the street just cause the wife is hood fab. i’m more of a ‘bag ’em out of a fly venue’ pussy purveyor.

10. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

Nah Right Lite
    Bun B Expands Record Label, Plans Joint Tape with Young Jeezy Eskay & Nah Right: Brothers In Arms

11. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

Threw on a rap CD, we gangsta fucked
    This ain’t R&B smooth, I ain’t a R&B dude

—————————————

That first bar is wild

reminds me of hitting this one chick years back with Ja Rule first album playing in the background

12. CiCi The Intern Says:

Yo Kev, your wife know about me?

13. Ghost Writer Says:

Joe 88 Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 11:54 am
    Ghost Writer Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 11:50 am
    Yo Joe88 you found a studio yet?

Yeah I know how that is, gotta save up and buy your own equipment now

14. Duro Says:

niggas sleep on Cudi. he says some shit. thas why jay had him on the album.

15. PW Says:

Most Coodi shit is too far out for me.

16. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

Michael Jackson is due to be laid to rest tonight in a gold-plated coffin alongside the royalty of Hollywood.

More than two months after his sudden, drug-induced death sent millions of his fans into mourning, the King of Pop will be interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park’s Great Mausoleum among such stars as as Clark Gable, Jean Harlow and WC Fields.

Police helicopters and search dogs will patrol the 300-acre (120-hectare) cemetery, on the lookout for any fans trying to sneak into the service, due to start at 7:00 pm (0200 GMT Friday).

17. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Jay is a talented motherfucker, don’t misunderstand me. He is talented. But he has no heart. There’s no soul behind it. It’s motivated by money strictly…
    =================================================
    Earl is on point.

18. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

And who said BP3 was Hov’s last LP?

Ha!

19. sleep Says:

I didn’t think hov knew the title of a jim song besides ballin

20. LondonBloke: Lambeth Livin but Still Winnin Says:

A TAXIDERMIST has found Mexico’s answer to ‘bigfoot’ — and STUFFED the legendary blood-sucking beast.
    Rumours of a mythical hairless creature named chupacabra — or “the goatsucker” — have been circulating throughout America since its first appearance in Puerto Rico in the 1990s.

And in recent years the creepy wolf-dog has been spotted repeatedly in the US.

21. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

That shot at Jim was unneccessary. Hov be doin alotta yappin’ in the interviews.

Pop off nigga!

22. farsideoff Says:

Cudi being mad vague here, making me wanna hear the album more.

23. Latarian Milton Says:

I got the smiley face, na na nana na na.

AWWWWWWW LOLOLOLOLOLOL ether

24. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

Fools kill me…… I bet everybody that has a job does it for the money LoL…..what else would you do it for?

25. Duro Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Pop off nigga!

soft. all that shit jim jones be talkin…nigga shoulda ben got muffed

26. Remixznflow Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Pop off nigga!

co-sign… i would like to see Hov go in (no buddy) Yet on the other hand i want him to remain on his Madonna, U2, Rolling Stone status as well.. so he cant spend time on em…

27. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Hov needs to end them niggas on the battlefield.

Talking greasy in mags?

C’mon, is you still on that?

P.S: I was totally wrong. Off That has 21 spins on the iPod.

I smell a single.

28. kevfrescura de talco Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:02 pm
    Yo Kev, your wife know about me?

BBUUUUUUURRRR?

29. Duro Says:

jigga disses Kanye every chance he gets.

30. b-ease Says:

I smell a single.

Pretty much.

31. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

When Hov talks slick is the only time he resembles a rapper.

He needs to blackout on these niggas. That’s how you remind niggas who’s who & what’s what.

32. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

@kev

i heard that. nothing beats a discreet, sophisticated freak that will go dutch (no cigar)

33. Big_seth Says:

Though I have no problem with Hov not doing this…

I have been wishing for this since Wayne said he was “the best rapper alive since the best rapper retired.”

34. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

Lil’ Boosie: We be sticking [Ecstasy] pill up girls booty too!

INTERVIEWER: Ok look, now I heard on the mixtape with Hurricane Chris, you mentioned that. What’s up with that?

Lil’ Boosie: Yea, it kicks in after 20 seconds. It hits them in 20 seconds.

INTERVIEWER: How does someone even find that out?

Lil’ Boosie: I get it from my cousin. He did it to a few girls way back in the game. And it just took off. I put it in a song. Everything I put in a song, I’ve tried it.

So I put it in her booty hole and it melted. It melts in their booty hole and it hits them in 20 seconds. You never know what they’re gonna do. They may break out crying talking about their momma doesn’t love them or something. It hit them in the booty hole good.

The booty is like eating the pill.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I frown upon that

35. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

jigga disses Kanye every chance he gets.
    ===================================
    A dissmissive comment here, a Pau Gasol reference there.

Very condescending towards someone that’s supposed to be his lil bro.

Hov has a bit of bitchassness in him. That’s what keeps him from being as likeable as he should be.

That shit ain’t G & as sensitive as Yeezy is, I know he picks up on it.

36. Zee! Says:

I be mad sometime with God for not birthing me to wealthy parents. I be mad with God sometimes for not putting floral scents in the oxygen I breathe all the time. I have extreme distrust for Indian men. Not the featherheads, but the dudes with the underwear on they heads. I don’t like cross-eyed people neither.

*puts suit and tie on, jumps in casket and gets my die on* (c) Cassidy

37. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

So Jimmy could take stabs every chance he gets and Hov cant? and even ebtter yet he has to pop off? But Jimmy doesn’t have to pop off? Yeah, that makes sense.

38. KzA Says:

The booty is like eating the pill.

holy

hahaahha hahah haha

Never ceases to amaze meee

39. Beezy Says:

damn man racism still alive they just be concealin it

40. kevfrescura de talco Says:

a discreet, sophisticated freak

exactly. i invite the loud enigmatic types into my life as a rule of thumb, which i then use to tickle they anuses.

41. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Hov needs some “aggressive content” to get the streets back. And it’s not like cats don’t wanna “love” Hov. All he needs is to remind them who he is. Fuck this pop shit, that’s cool and all, but I need the Hov that’s talking in that XXL article to make an album for me now. The white kids got their album.

42. KzA Says:

yo Ci double…what verse is that up top? Noticed the young chris line in there

43. Streetztalk Says:

# Duro Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:03 pm

niggas sleep on Cudi. he says some shit. thas why jay had him on the album.

My problem is I dont think Cudi really “raps” hes almost on some Nelly meets Common type ish. I heard his last mixtape and its like he put the Prof X telepath mindgame on me to beleive shyt was super dope. I dont get it.

Co-sign? No-Sign? Serious questions.

44. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

But Jimmy doesn’t have to pop off?
    =================================
    Jim’s been popping shit since before the dips broke up.

It’s time for Jay to give the nigga what he wants (nh).

45. FISH ate_e_fiff Says:

ob4cl2 > bp3

broad street bully is a solid street album

46. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Jim’s been popping shit since before the dips broke up.

It’s time for Jay to give the nigga what he wants (nh).
    By pop off i thought you meant physically, i was saying to myself like huh?…cool

47. CiCi The Intern Says:

KzA Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:26 pm
    yo Ci double…what verse is that up top? Noticed the young chris line in there

Jay’s verse from “Take You Home with Me” off of Best of Both Worlds jawn with R. Kelly.

It was Jay’s line first.

*waits for the hip hop conspiracists to come through and say that Jay stole his flow from Chris*

48. Remixznflow Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:26 pm

agreed but like it or not Hov is still the ambassador.. so he needs to stay in the forefront.. goin back to the streets will only take him back.. hip hop is on a world stage now… its different times..

49. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

lunch

50. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

===================================================
    I also fell for the Jaedi Mind Trick cause even though I realize this kid ain’t rapping on a traditional level, his shit is dope. The CuDi love on Nah forced me to re-evaluate his tunes & I can’t front, dude got siome shit….

“I’ll be there with my blunt & a brew, my dude, I’m the man on the moon, hey, hey, hey”

51. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

Jay could just put out a Mixtape and destroy the stone throwers…..that way he can still stay in his megastar lane and still hit the core fans with some of that hardcore…… even tho that verse two on already home smashed everybody Already

52. PW Says:

Best of Both Worlds jawn with R. Kelly.

I stay catchin flack for loving that album. lol.

53. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though… and where’s the credit for UHTN.]

yo…..

you can’t even hear beys version on that link tho.

54. Duro Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:26 pm

“niggas want my old shit, buy my old albums”

55. farsideoff Says:

# Streetztalk Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:26 pm

# Duro Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:03 pm

niggas sleep on Cudi. he says some shit. thas why jay had him on the album.

Co-sign? No-Sign? Serious questions.
    _ _ _ _
    yeah, he doesn’t really rap, he sorta sing raps a la R.Kelly, but I mostly like his concepts and lyrics and overall sound, so I co-sign. I am most excited to hear his album out of BP3, Cuban II and Man on the Moon, just because I’m not exactly sure what it’s going to sound like.

56. CiCi The Intern Says:

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

I SWEAR that’s Keri Hilson.

57. KzA Says:

hahahaaha keeeeeeep waitin

58. KzA Says:

What is the origin of the term jawn?

59. b-ease Says:

PW Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:32 pm
    Best of Both Worlds jawn with R. Kelly.

I stay catchin flack for loving that album. lol.

Yea, cats just wanted to hate that album when it dropped, myself included. But if you take the LP for what it is, alot if those songs are undeniable.

60. Big_seth Says:

I would liken Cudi to Snoop… in space or something.

& honestly niggas hate Nelly, but now we’ve seen that it could be a lot worse.

Nelly >>>>>> Plies

I actually used to listen to his shit. & Murphy Lee’s underrated

Ol’ I’m gonna pretend to be a young nigga & hide my receding hairline cuz I’m really an ol’ nigga lookin ass nigga.

61. Duro Says:

Co-sign? No-Sign? Serious questions.

Cudi is cudi. he dont sound like nobody else really.

62. b-ease Says:

KzA Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:35 pm
    What is the origin of the term jawn?

Cicu knows, but she’ll act like she doesn’t, lol.

63. kevfrescura de talco Says:

What is the origin of the term jawn?

i think thas Philly slang for a female or an accented afflection of joint.

64. b-ease Says:

Cici > Cicu

65. Big_seth Says:

& CuDi is the ish.

It aint always lyrical, but its real & people respect that. Its emo, but not too emo, It’s inspirational, but not corny.

Dude is onto something. (II)

66. Remixznflow Says:

# BSEENANDHEARD Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:32 pm

THIS… havent heard a mixtape from Hov in a minute… Also Already home is the second best song on the ablum… Empires State of mind is number one… and THAT should be the next single he comes out with..

67. KzA Says:

What is the origin of the term jawn?

i think thas Philly slang for a female or [b]an accented afflection of joint[/b].

This. but I wonder what accent turn it into Jawn…

68. KzA Says:

html fail lofl doh

69. farsideoff Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

I SWEAR that’s Keri Hilson.

_ _ _ _
    in the booklet pics Dre posted it says “additional vocals by Cassie Ventura” I guess bey didn’t want to sound that sleezy

70. farsideoff Says:

# Remixznflow Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:39 pm

# BSEENANDHEARD Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:32 pm

_ _ _ _
    there’s no money in mixtapes, and like X said, Jay has no interest if there’s no money to be made

71. CiCi The Intern Says:

b-ease Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:37 pm
    KzA Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:35 pm
    What is the origin of the term jawn?

Cicu knows, but she’ll act like she doesn’t, lol.

LMAO!

I use the word in both its DC and Philly contexts, thank you.

The DC/MD/VA way > Philly way

*MoCo’s it up*

72. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

So Ambitious needs a video too.

Excuse Me Miss Pt. III

73. kevfrescura de talco Says:

what accent turn it into Jawn

thas that philly shit. first time i heard it was on the 1st roots album.

74. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

Cassie is Hot, but if i wanted a chick with the body of a 12 year old boy, id fuck a 12 year old boy (none).

Bey wins by landslide.

75. CiCi The Intern Says:

So it is her? *sigh*

76. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Excuse Me Miss Pt. III
    ^^^ not theme wise but the track has that same “Grown Up” vibe

77. Remixznflow Says:

I dont rap for a living so i cant say for sure… but wouldnt the whole point of making music be to make money? at what point, if ever, does heart really play a role? I mean you have love for your craft. but you’re crafting to DO something with it.. make money… Every artist that comes out with music has to be doing it to MAKE money… am i wrong on this or are ninja’s signing contracts because its the only way to get in? (nope)

78. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Jay & Beyonce make music that’s more suited for her albums then his.

I’m glad he left wifey off this one.

79. KzA Says:

rofl for urban dictionary having

“jawn”

# COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

Bey wins by landslide.

_ _ _ _
    cassie’s face > Bey’s

and in terms of wifey material, face always wins over body.

82. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

» Soulja Boy Making Beats For Kanye, Kanye Making Beats For Soulja Boy
    ====================================================
    This may produce some genius level shit

83. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:42 pm

what accent turn it into Jawn

thas that philly shit. first time i heard it was on the 1st roots album.

^^^^^^^^
    Philly and DC

84. ridalen Says:

*still has not heard BP3 despite all u bitches talking about it*

85. Big_seth Says:

cassie’s face in Bey’s body… ULTRA WIN (c) killer instinct

86. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

If money’s your main motivation as an artist, you lost.

True artistry comes from the heart.

To make it to the heights that Jay-Z is at, there had to be a level of love for it, at least initially.

87. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# Remixznflow Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:44 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wise….. Not Just Music but Jobs period….. I will be gaaat damned if I am sitting in this cube right now for the love

88. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Face > body for a wifey

Cause that body rarely holds up & you gotta look at this bitch until you die.

89. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

farsideoff Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:45 pm
    # COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

Bey wins by landslide.

_ _ _ _
    cassie’s face > Bey’s

and in terms of wifey material, face always wins over body.

1, Bey is a Country chick, so theres a 50/50 chance she can cook Well.
    2, Bey got that kinda money where she dont need 2 cook.
    3, Bey in Booty shorts > Cassie ass naked.
    4, That Sexy ass Southers Accent.
    5, Bey got a crazy sister that’ll let u smash when Bey aint around.

Bey wins.

90. Beezy Says:

in philly we spelled jawn as joln, or at least i did

91. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Jobs – for the money

Career – for the love

92. farsideoff Says:

We working together on production because he makes beats and I make beats,” Soulja Boy tells Rap-Up.com. “Right now I’m remixing a couple of records for him.”

_ _ _ _
    the most famous beat Soulja ever made was made using fucking fruity loops…

93. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Beezy Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm
    in philly we spelled jawn as joln, or at least i did

YERP!

94. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

I thought DeHaven was Jay’s homie.

He went hard on him on “What We Talkin’ Bout”.

Harsh words.

95. ridalen Says:

Beezy Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm
    in philly we spelled jawn as joln, or at least i did

naw son…is definitely jawn…and bol

96. farsideoff Says:

# COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm

farsideoff Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:45 pm
    # COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Venus vs. Mars: Cassie’s > Beyonce’s [Not buying that’s B though…]

Bey wins by landslide.

_ _ _ _
    cassie’s face > Bey’s

and in terms of wifey material, face always wins over body.

1, Bey is a Country chick, so theres a 50/50 chance she can cook Well.
    2, Bey got that kinda money where she dont need 2 cook.
    3, Bey in Booty shorts > Cassie ass naked.
    4, That Sexy ass Southers Accent.
    5, Bey got a crazy sister that’ll let u smash when Bey aint around.

Bey wins.
    _ _ _ _
    lol @ you defending bey like she’s yours. I wasn’t bringing other characteristics into this at all. All I was saying, is cassie has a better face than B, and in terms of wifey material, I’d rather have a girl with a great face and slighty above average body than a great body and slighty above average face…

trust me, i’d rather wife B than Cassie when you do the complete comparison, don’t get too defensive.

97. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

SB may learn something from Kanye. Say what you want, but the young boy has some talent.

98. CiCi The Intern Says:

Worst Philly slang EVER:

“Obama card”

99. Charles Oakley Says:

fuck dehaven for cavin’
    thats why we dont speak
    made men aint supposed to make statements

100. Big Homie Says:

Yea it is Cassie on the hook. Bey definitely is a better singer overall, but Cassie’s version is better on that song. I guess she’s more of a hook person than actual singing.

I’d let both chicks sit on my face though

101. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

I put 8Ball’s on corners without using pool sticks

102. Charles Oakley Says:

I’d let both chicks sit on my face though
    this

103. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

September 3rd, 2009 at 12:56 pm
    Worst Philly slang EVER:

“Obama card”

whats that?

104. Geronimo P Says:

Daps to the squad

*is too busy to even lurk*

*goes in the bathroom and drops a deuce without flushing to show the next person what i think about them*

105. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

*goes to dap Pratt*
    *pauses*
    (he did not wash hands)

*throws up peace sign, walks off*

106. NovemberEnd aka What Do You Mean Teenager What Age Are We Talking About Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 3rd, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Worst Philly slang EVER:

“Obama card”
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    ?

107. sleep Says:

Hov can’t go around fighting niggas. Wtf nigga aint edorsing so street business.. My nigga gonna be a billionaire in 5 yrs. If yall want to old hov go buy his old shit.

108. KiD CuDi Interview With HipHopChronicle » We've Got The Jazz Says: