Jay-Z – Blueprint 3 Booklet Scans [with Lyrics]

I’m analyzing every pixel of this right now… just noticed “Executive Producers: Shawn Carter and Kanye West.”

Big props to Illionaire @ UHTN for scanning it.

September 11th.

83 Responses to “Jay-Z – Blueprint 3 Booklet Scans [with Lyrics]”

1. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

It’s like, the nigga is completely corporate & that’s never been what Hip-Hop was about.

captain obvious (no shots)

this is where most of my contempt for Jigga lies. that and fans refusal to acknowledge this fact, or to care either way. he cant be the GOAT for this very reason.

AG has just been put back into the rotation tho….i gained new appreciation for it after listenin to BubbleGum3.

2. Streetztalk Says:

Dope ish

this is a bit much no?

4. Latarian Milton Says:

dog madlib isn’t just on some backpack shit, his beats is mad rugged. and mad flavorful. just amazing shit. man o man if camel got hold of some of the jawnts he gave mos from beat konducta in india – camel could rip those. but he would have to pull his head out of his ass and stop rapping about how far ahead of his fans he is. fans don’t care about that. you can’t go to a concert and pull out your dick and piss on your crowd on some 80s hair metal band shit. you have to engage them. camel used to engage the fans, he forgot how to do that. if he hopped on some madlib joints and just let loose, he could bring the love back.

5. APES IN SPACE Says:

I’LL NEVER NEED TO PHYSICALLY HOLD THIS

‘stupid foool your forcing me to kill youuuu’

6. on my BLocK Says:

madlibs shades of blue has some of the best beats i think

7. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Thanks God for my “common sense”

8. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Rae did it! he really did it….wow

*dusts off Wu Wear*

Surgical Gloves is Alchemist right? gotta be

9. COCCA88cRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

10. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Madlib > Dilla

Personal choice

and

BP3 >

11. The Shooter Says:

FBI wants YOU

12. Dre Says:

>>Surgical Gloves is Alchemist right? gotta be

^ I get this, but he did carve his own lane, a lot should be said to that.

^ what if is all an act though, what if he is still Jay-z from the projects but this is all part of his plan to get untold riches, so he can give back to the people. You can only get but so far speaking the hood slang, people in certain circles will say he’s an earner but he’s too much of a risk.

14. Jersey*made*me Says:

@Amp,for what it’s worth

Jay Z was always a smart dude growing up getting good grades,etc.Just because he sold drugs doesn’t mean he wasn’t aspiring to do bigger things.It’s called survival.You think he wanted to be from Marcy?

15. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Jay sold the fuck out, the nigga came from the projects and be acting mad uppity now that he has money.

Get rich, but don’t change b.

TRhat shit ain’t cool. I know cats who have made $$$ from the hood (Not as much as Jay, obviously) but they don’t change their speech patterns & shit. This nigga became a rapper, he didn’t go to college & get an MBA. Who you frontin’ for? (c) Juelz

^This is probably one of the most ignorant things I’ve ever heard. Amp you have a job, and although I don’t know what you do, i’m sure you don’t run around your office talking to people like, yea son word up. No doubt, good looks and the such. Certain situations call for certain mannerisms. Thats not selling out, thats adjusting to situations as he sees fit.

concur

16. Al Poelvoordino Says:

where’s da Young Guru Article !ayo?

17. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

the economy is down/so u already know theres gon be a lot of hymie’s in the town – Jada

did i hear this right….rofl

18. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

========================================================
    But he’s doing an interview. He’s hella rich, Hov don’t have to front for anyone.

When did becoming successful in Hip-Hop equal conforming to what white america’s ideals?

It’s not just one interview, it’s everywhere I see that nigga. I understand why BP3 is what it is & that’s by design.

Hov didn’t even attempt to give the “streets” something to hold onto. Cause he doesn’t give a shit. I know the 9-11 concert is to hype the album, but why not go to Marcy & do something for the community you come from.

I don’t wanna think of my nigga Jay as a sellout, but he leaves me no choice.

19. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 pm

did i hear this right….rofl
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMBAO….. Hommies…. as in Homicides > Hymie’s as in Jews

20. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Oprah hates Hip-Hop but loves the shit outta Jay-Z.

Think about it.

yo Amp is speaking real talk.

22. Zee! Says:

The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 pm

did i hear this right….rofl

^^^^^

He means homicides, not jews.

23. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

You’ve been getting a lot of heat about your second single “Run This Town,” featuring Kanye and Rihanna. Critics and the blog world have said ’Ye out rapped you.

I think that thing has gone a little too far. I think it’s more about that than the song now. What I’m saying is that’s just life. If [whose verse was better] was the thing, and we based [song quality] on that, after I’ve done 400 songs, I’m sure once the average of who was better on the song weighs out, I’m pretty high. Some nights [L.A. Lakers player] Pau Gasol can score more points than Kobe Bryant—not saying that Kanye is Pau Gasol, ’cause you have to be really clear with that—[but] as long as I’ve been in the game, that’s going to happen, once or twice or even three times.

24. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

D.O.A is a Kanye diss track, produced by Ye…how did that happen?

25. Jersey*made*me Says:

I’m with you Amp.Fuck speaking proper english and having wit.That nigga think he white.

*shakes my fucking head*

26. APES IN SPACE Says:

what does a 28 year old white male with no college or trade skills do with himself after gettin fired from job after 6 years……….besides pick up a pipe?????

27. Latarian Milton Says:

WE BLASTIN OFF JUST LIKE A LASER NICCA PYOOM PYOOM PYOOM
    GIMMIE BACK GIMMIE ROOM ROOM ROOM
    DB9 LIKE VROOM VROOM VROOM
    YUNG HOV WHAT WE DOIN DOIN DOIN

^ > any other lines on bp3

28. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

^ I get this, but he did carve his own lane, a lot should be said to that.

=======================================================
    He can start giving back to the people anyday now, cause he’s been paid.

Too much time out in Turks & Caicos & not enough time around real people IMO.

Once you get to the point Jay’s at, His swag should be one big Giant fuck you to the system that has oppressed the people. Now is when he should let his nuts hang, sag his pants greater. I still see him tilting the fitted, thats the one and only iota of the game he still clings to.

30. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# cOLD Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 1:53 pm

yo Amp is speaking real talk.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Nah Son

31. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

What’s puzzling is that your own buddies, like Kanye and Pharrell, wear the brightest shirts and tightest jeans, but you’re clearly not going at them. You’re going after the cats that are trying to be like them, and not themselves. Correct?

Yeah, once it becomes… A trend is a trend. I follow trends. I set trends. Now, when a trend becomes a gimmick, it’s time to get rid of it. As far as hip-hop. Like, when they were saying “bling bling” on CNN, it’s time to never say that word again. It was just about the aggression of everything. I saw everyone, ’cause it was successful, following one path. You turn on the radio, and that’s all you hear. I’m not saying I hate T-Pain. What I’m talking about is a trend that’s becoming a gimmick. And if we continue down this path, we’re going to open the door for another genre of music. Same way when rock was doing hair metal it opened the door even wider for hip-hop to come through and put rock music in trouble for 10 years and more. Right now, there are a lot of indie bands coming out, which is making rock more exciting: the MGMTs and the Kings of Leons. You keep messing around, making generic music, people are going to start turning off one at a time. And if these guys [keep] making great music, guess what? [Fans are] gonna go to them. If you look back in the history of music, that’s what happens all the time. I’m just saying, Stay up. Be aware. Be innovative. Let’s keep making this shit interesting. I love Drake. I’m not hating on young people. Like, when people say that, I’m like, What are you talking about? It’s just stupid. I’m not hating on young people. I love Drake. I worked with him on the album. Every time they ask me what I’m listening to, it’s So Far Gone and Kings of Leon. Them two [acts] owe me money. I’m not Bill Russell, [saying] Michael Jordan ain’t shit. I’m saying Lil Wayne and Kanye are like LeBron and Kobe. My job as someone at the forefront of the game is to leave it in a better position than when I came in. Same way that Russell [Simmons] left it to me. ’Cause this thing saved my life. Literally. So I have a responsibility to it karmically. And after that it’s on you. I did my part. I made “D.O.A.” I said it. I made the statement. I made the push. Here, y’all take it from here.

32. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

LMBAO….. Hommies…. as in Homicides > Hymie’s as in Jews

oh, alright….

that woulda been some deep shit tho.

jews comin in and snappin up low value shit in black neighborhoods like back in the days.

*shakes my fucking head*

^ Jersey thats not what the nigga is saying though.

34. KzA Says:

go on unemployment like everyone else I know and find a new job. or pick up a pipe.

35. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

cOLD Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 1:56 pm
    @ 40 years old, right

36. Breaux Brosephson the !! Says:

I think Jay is as connected as he can be. I’m pretty sure Jay has been back to his projects without cameras and been good there….and more importantly I think his hood is proud of him. it’s only stupid dumb mother fuckers who say stupid dumb shit about niggas from the hood doing well for themselves finally. I applaud Jay for all he does…bought his people up with him who stayed loyal, cut the dead weight. Nigga is my Idol (c) Game

37. Black Says:

Keep it real i always felt that 50 represented hip hop the best (for the most part). In every mainstream (white) interview I’ve seen him do he was articulate without making me feel as if he sold out. I’m a Jay Z fan but i gotta agree with Amp & Cold on this one, hov sounds like he will completely cater to whomever has a check and in this country that means white people. Now i know 50 can be disrespectful and talk some shit but i could give a fuck cuz thats what Hip Hop was supposed to be before niggas started acting all assimilated n shit.

38. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 1:56 pm

^ I get this, but he did carve his own lane, a lot should be said to that.

=======================================================
    He can start giving back to the people anyday now, cause he’s been paid.

Too much time out in Turks & Caicos & not enough time around real people IMO.

Dog, u know he gives back more than any m.c

39. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

SMH @ this conversation.

40. Geronimo P Says:

^How is he conforming to america’s ideals? By not looking Oprah in the eye and say, you know what O, although I don’t sell crack anymore, I’ll still give money to my young niggas in the hood so they could get that start-up key and bubble on their own? I don’t get what you’re trying to say here.

Jay aint young, for one. The same radical and rebellious attitudes you have at 18, 21, 25 you don’t have at 39, 40. He’s older, hopefully more mature, and hence the things that mattered to you then, don’t hold the same weight now.

Thats the difference in the music and also in the interviews. Plus not to mention, if he “keeps is hood” and people back away from him, then what? He’s back in the hood, with glory day stories as the old head that gets chumped on the block. That shit is backwards

41. The Shooter Says:

Whats with all the long comments

42. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

So you can’t be intelligent without being somewhat pretentious?

Bullshit.

@ 40 years old, right

^ yes, there are no rules in this thing called hip hop. WE SET THE STANDARDS FOR THE WORLD believe it or not.

44. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# cOLD Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 1:56 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That logic would only lead to the oppressor making it harder for there to be more Jay-z’s…. And I am 28 and I like my pants around my waist…..And being a successful Black Man is the ULTIMATE in NUTS in their face…

45. Latarian Milton Says:

bought his people up with him who stayed loyal

really just ty ty though – b/c that nicca is the ultimate yes-man

dame was dead weight tho for real. that dude’s life is worthless

46. Streetztalk Says:

Ole Prostate Heart ass Nigga (c) Ghostface

**MUERTO**

47. KzA Says:

System been damn good to Jay. He didnt get rich off Black america…..Just sayin

48. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 1:57 pm

LMBAO….. Hommies…. as in Homicides > Hymie’s as in Jews

oh, alright….

that woulda been some deep shit tho.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CO-SIGN….and it is happening all over

SMH @ this conversation.

^ the niggga didnt give the streets no one song d_block, not one fam.

50. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Oprah hates Hip-Hop but loves the shit outta Jay-Z.

Think about it.

but Amp…why u actin like u just realizin all of this?

Jigga BEEN this way. thats his whole steez…corporate/capitalist rap. and thats why niggaz love him cos he the poster child for black folks utilizing the same tactics them Madoff style muhfuckas employed to get they billions.

System been damn good to Jay. He didnt get rich off Black america…..Just sayin

^ Again its me me me, with this nigga, what about all the little people the system is shitting on daily.

52. Big Homie Says:

OB4CL2!!!!

53. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

# cOLD Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 2:00 pm

SMH @ this conversation.

^ the niggga didnt give the streets no one song d_block, not one fam.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Whole Album is for the streets………Buy Reasonable Doubt if you want to hear Jay Crack rap

54. Zee! Says:

BSEENANDHEARD Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 1:59 pm
    # cOLD Says:
    September 2nd, 2009 at 1:56 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^

CO-SIGN

55. 40 Inc Says:

WHY U TAKE DOWN THE GURU POST MAN

56. D-Money from H-Town aka My Repertoire is USSR Says:

Now the bootleggers are going to have the whole BP3 package with labeling. The only difference is it’s going to be on that cheap paper that blows away on a windy day.

“I’m so ambitious… I might hit two sisters”

^ not literally on the pants saggin my brother,Im talking thumbing your nose at the system. Like yea niggers yall done fucked up now.

58. Jersey*made*me Says:

What exactly is Jay conforming to?What does he owe niggas?He made music,we liked it,we supported it.That’s a fair trade off,right?

59. The Shooter Says:

Yo Jay screams Brooklyn on almost every song if not all, that don’t count for nothing?

60. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

^ the niggga didnt give the streets no one song d_block, not one fam.
    Lol, i can sympathize with this gripe but that chapter is over. When will niggas come to terms with this? Rae kept it vintage hip-hop all his life and Jay progressed as an artist and person, now compare and contrast where they both are in their respective lives.

*dishes*

61. The Shooter Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 2:04 pm

This

62. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

It would be absolutely ignorant if you went to Kindergarten and learned your ABC’s and then in Twelfth Grade they were still teaching you your ABC’s….. So why would you expect anybody to keep talking about the same shit?

63. Zee! Says:

“you stuck on being hardcore/ I chuck the deuce up” – Jay

What we talkin bout was a message to the streets. People need to listen closer to the lyrics….. i’m just sayin.

64. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

===============================
    THIS!

With Fif, it almost seems like it’s still a hustle.

Jay has completely bought into the establishment & that’s what worries me.

Show me at least a glimpse that the nigga who came up like me & made it is still in there somewhere.

That’s who I look up to, a hood nigga who made it without fully compromising who he was and what he stands for.

65. Big_seth Says:

Of course. I completely agree, but i don’t want to hear the New Jay trying to rap to those beats. Give them to someone who would appreciate them now.

like Mos for example

66. Dre Says:

calm the fuck down, the guru post is next… just a post collision, happens all the time

67. APES IN SPACE Says:

KzA Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 1:57 pm

=============================================
    nah i cant i never have plus i got fired they gotta lay you off so assed out
    on that one i guess its on to job hunting for another bs job…………
    or the pipe

68. Johnathan Osterman Says:

Ason Jones

That ODB interview sample has the answer to this convo lol

69. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

Rae Says ” I Got a song called baggin crack on my new album”

BSEENANDHEARD Says ” Muthafucka for what?”

70. Breaux Brosephson the !! Says:

——-
    You sell his ability short by saying that. Really think about it. I’m pretty sure he didn’t think he would become this successful when he made RD and now he’s thinking “if I did this, what else can I do”…..at this point in time it’s deeper than rap, which I have to respect him for. I read an interview where Jay said his goal is to become the CEO of General Electric. If that’s where your mind can take you now is not the time to revolt against the system, because there’s still work that needs to be done. You can’t cut loose just because you made it to the top of a small section in corporate america, esp if you feel like you can do better. Jay can do more for people as the CEO of GE than he can as the head of Roc Nation. I think by the time he’s accomplished his personal goals he’ll settle into old black man talk and tell whitey to kiss his ass. Now is not the time.

71. Jersey*made*me Says:

To be honest,they acually do this in Philly,B’more,Newark,and NY public schools.

72. Black Says:

cOLD Says:

September 2nd, 2009 at 2:01 pm
    System been damn good to Jay. He didnt get rich off Black america…..Just sayin

^^^ But thats capitalism 101 fam. YOUR taught that YOU should go to school so that YOU can get a better job so that YOU can make more bread. Our society breeds that type of thinking.

73. yeahme2 Says:

74. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

And being a successful Black Man is the ULTIMATE in NUTS in their face…

this is true.

but, let these niggas tell it, jigga is first and foremost a (GOAT) rapper, a product of hip hop, which is completely anti-thetical to him rubbin shoulders with the existing power structure and climbing the ladders to embed himself in the upper echelons of the system.

sure we need brothas up there to do what they do, but dont bring hip hop up there with you, cos thats a poisonous space for the art form to be.

75. yeahme2 Says:

Why is niggas crying about what Jay does for the community…I’m sure he gives back (ie: katrina, twin towers and marcy day)…but if shit is that important to YOU why don’t you log off the computer and go help out the community instead of talking bout the next man not doing it.

“I gave them fishscale/now they want me to fish for them”

76. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

but Amp…why u actin like u just realizin all of this?

==========================================
    Cause for a while I thought “Corporate jay” was the face he put on to make his money but I’m starting to realize that “Corporate Jay” is all that’s there. There is no hood nigga, winking his eye at the masses like “I pulled it off on the system”. He’s damn near one of them.

77. Jersey*made*me Says:

You can’t compare Jay and 50.There’s places jay can go that 50 wouldn’t be welcomed or allowed.You can’t scare the money away,bottom line.

78. 456 Says:

interesting conversation. I think its one thing to say Jay sold out, and its another to say he lost his relevance. You cant project your hiphop fantasies on him…he’s not here to be what you want him to be. he’s making his own decisions with success and money. when he paid for sean bell’s children, was that not for the streets? when he paid 5 million to make sure he own his shit, was that not for hiphop? paving the way? niggas is so surface with there analysis that half of what jay-z does flies over your head.

79. Prophecy_projectz Says:

I thought it was universally acknowleged on the internets that Blueprint 3 is irrelevant now that Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 came out and crushed them corporate towers with a kilo?

Nah,right?

80. ave Says:

want da old jay,buy da old album…currently feelin myself i dont even need an x pill

81. JasonBX Says:

This site doesn’t like Jay, they don’t like Em, and they don’t like Joe Budden as emcees. I’ve come to the realization that this site only enjoys lethargic, lyrically bland, unmotivated, garbage music that masquerades as “Real Hip Hop”.

This amorphous farce is perpetuated under the guise of a so-called legendary status that is perpetuated by 80s/90s rap heads (and I was a die hard Hip Hop fan during those eras) who pose as purists yet in reality are simply people – uneducated on lyricism, the primary indicator of musical quality in Hip Hop – who feel that their identity is comprised if they do not defend washed up mediocre or “wack” rap acts from the past.

82. AOne13 Says:

Anyone who has heard this album knows how bad it is. It’s a shame too.

83. belz! Says:

aright, first of all this album is mad dope.

not every track is the same, it’s got something for every jay-z fan.

second, in empire state of mind …. shouldn’t the lyrics be “three card MONTE” not “three card MOLLY” like it says on the book?

i dunno.