Jahdan Blakkamoore ft. Steele of Smif-N-Wessun – The General (Remix)

Here’s the remix to Jahdan Blakkamoore’s “The General” that him and Steele were cooking up in this clip. The original will appear on his new album Buzzrock Warrior, which is in stores September 15th.

Jahdan Blakkamoore ft. Steele of Smif-N-Wessun – The General (Remix)

85 Responses to “Jahdan Blakkamoore ft. Steele of Smif-N-Wessun – The General (Remix)”

1. Son of Ether Says:

Timbs = Classic
    Air Force Ones =Classic

Them one of a kind green Paul Mooney Stan Smiths that you got that match your green LRG blazer = Classic to you.

Nigger Tape wasn’t no classic..classic to you maybe.

2. g7 Says:

>>10 Producers Who Could Have Saved The Blueprint 3

^damn. album is barely a day old. smh.

3. 456 Says:

456 Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:24 pm
    He has to come back to give the real fans who have supported since the In My Lifetime single on Priority a proper swan song.

^you cant put the genie back in the bottle. the music he produced was a reflection of his life at the time. it was also a reflection of the times. if he put out in my lifetime right now he would murdered by you very same cats cause it actually has a wack hook for todays standards.

4. Joe 88 Says:

I think it’s hard for shit to be classic nowadays with the internet and how things are moving so fast, never had you had so many different opinions on music at once coming from all different sources back in the day, if illmatic came out today it’ll be someone that has a opinion on it online that sways the thoughts of others.

Back then it was word of mouth

people still live off of the source giving it’s first 5 mic rating to illmatic as the truth, not taking nothing away from illmatic, but I enjoyed IWW more, but who would’ve heard me and my opinion in colorado around the time that came out?

Just saying

5. I Fux Says:

I just want Jay to scoop up Dom Kennedy get that new west love

JCole’s 16 was hardbody but again failed to capture any charisma

6. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

456 Says:

^^this is true IMO. You just can’t go back in time. Hip hop/and the culture is in a different state. THe audience has changed dramatically.

7. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

Red slippers
    red robe
    red pots
    red stove

8. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

so when’s the nas/damian marley joint supposed to drop

this been a dead ass summer for music

9. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

hudson sound like sting more than chris martin

10. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

So any kind of critical thought is deemed as hate, huh?

These internuts are somethin else.

11. The Shooter Says:

I wish Jay had reached out to 9th wonder for a track

12. Joe 88 Says:

Nigger Tape wasn’t no classic..classic to you maybe.

^So if I can’t decide what’s a classic, me being the listener, then who decides what’s classic then? What if I said fuck OBFCL pt1? Would I be wrong? No it’s my opinion, there’s no facts in music, period, you might like what you like, but at the end of the day, no ones opinion is stronger than the other

word to a lil homie of mines saying styles p is the hardest rapper he ever heard (pause) but doesn’t like his songs

WTF?

13. 456 Says:

a lot of illmatic tracks sound dated ie “halftime”

14. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

i swear on my life i hate annoying coworkers

15. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

j.cole had an above average verse. if he had a wack verse that shit couldve ended any hopes of commercial success.

j.cole>>>>>>any rapper dame ever sign

16. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

chain..alaska

bracelet … nebraska

17. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

lmao@sounding dated

nigga illmatic is timeless rap music

both nas and the producers (tip, large pro, premier) were ahead of their times when they put that together

18. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

cOLD

19. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Word.

20. Joe 88 Says:

illmatic sounds so dated to me it’s not funny.

It’s great but it’s late 80’s, early 90’s hip hop (which isnt a bad thing)

21. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

90% of nahgers like the album.

^nobody’s saying Jay needs to go back in time, no one is even questioning his content. When Jay spit that freestyle at hot 97 (when he came off vaca) he was talking about IPO stocks. But it was raw and hip hop still.

23. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

And no one’s saying Hov has to make “Reasonable Doubt 2”, I’m just saying, give the cats who supported you from day one something they can relate to. Give them the ultimate Jay-Z album, with Just Blaze, 9th, Preemo, Dre, Kanye, Ski, etc. All these new nigga features, where’s Bleek or Young Chris? Where’s Beans? Where’s Nasir?

BP3, while somewhat enjoyable, is contrived.

The fact that Hov is one of the best rappers dead or alive is the only thing that makes it listenable and he’s pushing it with the bitterness he exudes throughout.

This wasn’t/shouldn’t have been an installment of the Blueprint series.

24. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

Turk

Young & Thuggin

CLASSIC

^^see what I did there

25. PW Says:

Go ahead and kill 80% of nah debates, why dont you.

26. CheezyDoDo Says:

So Far Gone >>. Blueprint 3

In other news

That Drake Fear record is serious !!!!

27. 456 Says:

lmao@sounding dated

^actually i was thinkin of represent but no, illmatic is not flawless

28. Most_Incredible! Says:

that young forever track was useless …

29. I Fux Says:

*listens to new Dom Kennedy mixtape*

>>What do you suggest, that he rap about basquiat’s and LV boats shoes on hard gritty beats? How can he keep as Hip-Hop as you want with out frontin’ and talk about shit he’s not doing?

niggas have no idea what they want when it comes to Jay when will you learn this.

31. PW Says:

Free Young Turk.

32. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

it was written>>>>>>>illmatic

dont kill me its just my opinion and im not a sheep

33. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

=====================
    Nah, you’d be wrong.

Time decides what art is deemed classic & OB4CL is a classic, undeniably.

34. I Fux Says:

i have no problems with Jay actually he needs to make more music, fuck it. i prefer to listen to him than 95% of all the other shit coming out even if his ish is lackluster imo

35. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

PW Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:34 pm
    Free Young Turk.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    he shot a federal agent hes not coming home anytime soon but he and bg was my two fav

D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:31 pm
    cOLD

^ no growth is growth I respect Jay for his growth, and I wouldnt want him reverting back to shit that aint real to him anymore… Its just not hip hop D-block is all im saying. Coulda had atleast one boom bap… One pull the yankee fitted down joint.

37. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

IWW was the first Nas album I ever heard

still, Illmatic>>>>IWW

38. Eastern_Digital Says:

Niggas i would have to produce my album:

Jutice League
    Young Los
    Dame Grease
    Just
    Toomp
    Alchemist
    Maybe J. Cardim, he’s hit and miss

39. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

it was written>>>>>>>illmatic

dont kill me its just my opinion and im not a sheep
    =======================================
    I see the arguement, but Illmatic was pure Hip-Hop.

IWW was a buncha stories that Nas never lived, a completely fictional persona (Nas Escobar).

Nasty Nas was just an ill kid who could rap his ass off.

I prefer real rap over the gimmicks (And I love IWW).

at the end of the day

Jay > Nas

I don’t think anybody can argue otherwise.

41. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

blueprint>>>>>>>>>reasonable doubt

42. Eastern_Digital Says:

anybody got a link for that Dom Kennedy tape?

43. Joe 88 Says:

Go ahead and kill 80% of nah debates, why dont you.

^lol, but on some real shit, how can a person tell me what’s classic? That’s what my homie son of ether just did, when I first heard the nigga tape, I almost commited suicide, he fucking ripped every song to peices, while i’ll admit, it’s not as timeless as I thought it was, it is a pefect body of work. An artist has to totally do something new to make a timeless classic nowadays, think about how RD, illmatic, OBFCL, ready to die, All eyes……… was so different when they came out, nothing is that different cause almost everything possible in hip hop has already been done, still doesn’t take away fro mit being a classic

We need a new board, cause classic albums have been dropping, might not be timeless, but classic have fell into our laps (no drake at a 5 star resturant)

Albums like that, I call them yearly classics, like no one would say ruff ryders vol.1 is a classic, but in 99′ it was a classic cd

44. Eastern_Digital Says:

Illmatic = GOAT Mini LP

45. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

at the end of the day

Jay > Nas

I don’t think anybody can argue otherwise.
    ==================================
    I could argue otherwise, but why bother?

*takes bait and spits it back into eskay’s face*

46. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

Illmatic = GOAT EP

*fixed

47. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

eskay Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm
    at the end of the day

Jay > Nas

I don’t think anybody can argue otherwise.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

true but i always feel the other way when im listening to nas. when i hear nas music im like cant nobody be better. nas is like a+ student who bring home a report card with b’s. if nas had hov work ethic and had kanye coaching him he would be up there with the great musicians ever

48. Eastern_Digital Says:

That old Snoop/Dre track is mighty dope btw.

Its a sad day when 808 and heartbreaks is more hip hop than blueprint.

50. Officer Duscrom Says:

g7 Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:25 pm
    >>10 Producers Who Could Have Saved The Blueprint 3

^damn. album is barely a day old. smh.

Word

51. Bruh Mane From da FIF Floor Says:

BP3 should have been 10 tracks

no timbo beats and definitely no more Swizz beats

^ the absurdity of this statement “roffle* at Kayne coaching Nas

53. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm
    blueprint>>>>>>>>>reasonable doubt
    ———————————————-

You got health insurance my nig?

54. Big_seth Says:

eskay Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm

at the end of the day

Jay > Nas

I don’t think anybody can argue otherwise.

*dies*

but not before co-signing. LOL

55. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

Nas needs for Rick Ross to pick the beats for his next album

I knew shit was never gonna be the same when hardcore hip hop fans started cosigning niggas like Pac div, kids in the hall, and all that other nonsense.

57. 456 Says:

Nasty Nas was just an ill kid who could rap his ass off.

^new york state of mind was the precursor to all the movie making that would follow

58. Joe 88 Says:

Nah, you’d be wrong.

Time decides what art is deemed classic & OB4CL is a classic, undeniably.

^I’m wrong? If I buy the cd, don’t like it, i’m wrong?

This is why no more classics come out, to many fucking opinions (no shots) I listen to OBF……… a few days ago, it’s classic, i’m not denying that, but what if I didn’t like it? how would I be wrong? because majority says it’s classic?

This is a big problem in hip hop, I had a homie that called illmatic a classic, BUT HE NEVER FUCKING HEARD THE ALBUM, who send these niggas? We sat there and played the whole album, and every song we asked him, “what makes this classic?” it got to the point where he broke down and admitted to never hearing it, but going off word of mouth.

shits crazy son

59. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

Dead Prez ‘Let’s Get Free’>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

that shit went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

nas over kanye soul beat>>>>>>>>

61. Eastern_Digital Says:

nope. Nas is like the b student that always stays after class to get them a’s. studyin extra hard summer school lookin ass nigga

62. The Shooter Says:

Big_seth Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:42 pm
    eskay Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:37 pm

at the end of the day

Jay > Nas

I don’t think anybody can argue otherwise.

*dies*

but not before co-signing. LOL

Why was that so funny? Anywas fuck that, Nas is more creative than Jay so I say no-sign

63. CiCi The Intern Says:

At the end of the day, you’re going to like what you like and someone is going to disagree. That’s life.

Get over it.

64. Eastern_Digital Says:

truf

i mean there’s no doubt that these niggas can rap, but that’s every second mixtape rapper. word to Jae Millz.

65. The Shooter Says:

anyways*

66. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

=========================================
    A Nas/Kanye album >>> BP3

Cause Nas has a clear vision of who he is as an artist at this point. I don’t think Kanye could convince him to dspit over half the shit Hov did on BP3. And Nas is legally deaf.

67. Officer Duscrom Says:

nas over kanye soul beat>>>>>>>>

68. The Shooter Says:

Yo I just got a feeling that Jay-z and Nas are going to do a album together next year, can you imagine how crazy that would be?

69. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

blueprint 1>>>>>it was witten
    illamtic>>>>>>reasonable doubt
    lost tape>>>>>black album
    nigger>>>>>>ag

i cant do more we cant have these arguments forever sorry

70. Joe 88 Says:

Too many different opinions. No one is 100% right when it comes to music.

It was niggas that was hating/downplaying/notfeeling MJ music, check the stat chart, go to the MJ thread, I thought i’d never hear a person say they didn’t lile michael jackson music, but only on nah right the internet

71. CiCi The Intern Says:

cOLD Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:43 pm

How is that some nonsense? People like their shit. What else do you want?

72. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

None of Jays work hold a candle to Illmatic tho

73. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

cOLD Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:43 pm

^^i KNEW It wasn’t gonna be the same when niggas started wearing purses & shit

74. Officer Duscrom Says:

The Shooter Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Never gonna happen

75. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

The Shooter Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:47 pm

^^^^^^^
    of course they will jay owes roc nation 9 album and nas and kelis kid wont turn 18 any time soon

76. kevfrescura de talco Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Get over it.

THIS!

for all you dudes w/e-sensitivities.

77. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as Is Puss Says:

how would I be wrong? because majority says it’s classic?
    ========================================
    Ummm…yeah.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but if the general consensus is that an album is a classic, then most likely, it’s a classic that you just don’t fuck with.

78. Joe 88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 4:46 pm

Get over it.

*Hugs & kisses CiCi on the lips*

I co-signed that statement, but I just always wanted to do that, lol. and that’s for grabbing my nuts this morning, lol

79. Big_seth Says:

Why was that so funny?

cuz we were talking about BP3, then eskay made that comment out of left field & dipped.

that is funny IMO.

80. K dot Says:

>>10 Producers Who Could Have Saved The Blueprint 3

^damn. album is barely a day old. smh.

Word

———————————————————-

I haven’t listened yet but how is it even cool to review an unofficially unreleased album? Its like people have no scruples these days huh.. W/e

81. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

None of Jays work hold a candle to Illmatic tho
    ROTFLMAO

82. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

@Amp

Absolutely not true, that reminds me of the “what if the world was crazy and you’re the only one sane” expression.

Fishscales = wack
    Freeway = shitty rapper

But yet these things are liked by many because of other reasons other than the work itself

83. 456 Says:

illamtic>>>>>>reasonable doubt
    lost tape>>>>>black album
    nigger>>>>>>ag

^fail

84. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

@Dblock

Go ahead, embarrass yourself by naming an album.

Need I remind you, Blueprint is close but its still not better and RD has foxy brown so well… Stand down

85. Nah Right » Video: Jahdan Blakkamoore - The General Says:

[…] Previously: Jahdan Blakkamoore ft. Steele of Smif-N-Wessun – The General (Remix) […]