Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg – Poor Young Dave

snoop-and-dre-in-studio

This lost Chronic session is from the new Re-Lit version (Remastered) available September 1st. Even though Dr. Dre is nowhere to be found on the track lyrically, the production nostalgia from this is crazy.

Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg – Poor Young Dave

Spotted @ OnSMASH via unkut

120 Responses to “Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg – Poor Young Dave”

1. cMac Says:

yup

2. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

one of you fuckers better buy that DMC album. . . .

3. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

lol

cOLD thats what we on?

niggas can’t discuss global warming on nahright in the midst of the bp3 leak?

Nah on the real though I blame ‘The Knowing’, that ending kind of had a nigga shook on some ‘what if that really happened’ type shit.

4. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

where’s big homie?

yo, your people make some INCREDIBLE orange chicken!

5. b-ease Says:

Good post, I saw this on the back of this version of the CD yesterday, and was intrigued…

*plays song*

6. CiCi The Intern Says:

Oh shit, cMac … *daps*

7. Black Says:

Niggas set themself up for failure sometimes, word to this nigga saying “damn ma, you a five star chick”

^^^Ah the negative influence of Hip Hop.

8. cMac Says:

daps CiCi…

who gonna send me the bp3?

9. Black Says:

@CiCi

What do u expect from Maclin this year? I think that niggas is putting too much pressure on the youngin fam. The year that desean jacksson had last year doesn’t always happen at the wideout position for rookies.

^ word that flick was all types of dope. Next level ish.

11. Joe 88 Says:

LF: Didn’t know sauce money had a second verse on “Pre-game” feat Jay-Z

The joint on the belly soundtrack

12. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

D’Angelo ‘Devil’s Pie’>>>>>>>>>>>>

13. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Dre & Snoop > Premo & GURU

14. CiCi The Intern Says:

Black Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:13 am
    @CiCi

I don’t expect Maclin to even come close to Jackson’s numbers from last year. 500-600 yards would suffice for me. I would want him running back returns and kickoffs but he’s sucked so far this pre-season.

15. Black Says:

Joe 88 Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:14 am
    LF: Didn’t know sauce money had a second verse on “Pre-game” feat Jay-Z

The joint on the belly soundtrack

^^^Remember when Sauce would give Jay work (none) on tracks?

“Before my album dropped, copped a Grammy, uncanny”

16. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

*daps pap, b-ease, chief, the queen, cold, etc.*

>yo, your people make some INCREDIBLE orange chicken!

rofl.

he a Uyghur tho right?

real talk…Asians make better fried chicken than black folk or any folk for that matter

17. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

good evil
    god devil

^ coincident?

20. cMac Says:

daps crazy88888888888888

21. sleep Says:

So what if these fucking bloggers don’t like bp3. I like it and I actually buy records. I’m sure hov will let buddens and sloaughterhouse have all the blogger fan.

*applauds j.cole for have a good commercial debut verse*

22. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

D’Angelo ‘Devil’s Pie’>>>>>>>>>>>>

Voodoo is my favorite album of all time…easily the best rnb album of our generation.

23. Beezy Says:

Big Homie is Burmese

24. Black Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:16 am
    Black Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:13 am
    @CiCi

Yeah and this city will fuck you up mentally it takes a person thats almost delusional to overcome it. Maclin starts flubbing punts/kickoffs in the regular season and it’s a wrap. I would to see some size in receiver corps (none). Our top 3 are like trackstars. I’m expecting a good year from Avant.

25. Dre Says:

>>So what if these fucking bloggers don’t like bp3.

Which bloggers? I haven’t seen any (important) blogger hate on it.

26. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cMac Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:18 am
    daps crazy88888888888888

(checks photo page for new Broads)

27. Joe 88 Says:

Yo, anybody got a copy of the S.Carter collection mixtape?

*cuts eyes @ beezy & D_Block (pause)*

I’m back on my stanning shit heavy

28. CiCi The Intern Says:

Avant is the sleeper. Big body, physical, great blocker … I expect great things from dude

Reggie Brown (who I think is going to get cut) and Hank Baskett are the odd men out…

29. UE Ltd Says:

Voodoo>>>>>>>>

30. cMac Says:

COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:21 am
    cMac Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:18 am
    daps crazy88888888888888

(checks photo page for new Broads)
    ___________

yeah I changed it up a lil bit 88

31. plug Says:

wow! now this is a throwback

32. CiCi The Intern Says:

@ Joe

S.Carter Collection mixtape

megaupload.com/?d=OGESM24E

33. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

sleep Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:19 am

*applauds j.cole for have a good commercial debut verse*

Actually, i have not heard anyone hate on the album to be honest, even the people that dont like hov. have cuts on the album they like..

34. Black Says:

^^^Baskett has all the tools to be a true redzone threat but for whatever reason he can’t put it together, reggie is just a disappointment he needs to get chopped. prolly go to the Broncos (Eagles West).

35. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Which bloggers? I haven’t seen any (important) blogger hate on it.

by important do you mean connected?

36. cMac Says:

someone please let me get the bp3 cmacsutt @ gmail

37. sleep Says:

@dre

Ur right by using the word important

38. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cMac Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:24 am
    COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:21 am
    cMac Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:18 am
    daps crazy88888888888888

(checks photo page for new Broads)
    ___________

yeah I changed it up a lil bit 88

Yea i see, Shit lookin Proper, GATTTTTTT!

39. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Ystrdy people were saying what is there favorite body part on a woman, mines has always been the face.

If you think about it, thats one thing she has to be born with, i mean if she got no tah tahs, i can buy them, if she got no a$$ i can put her on the squat and lunge program, if that dont work that the shots…so face is a must, where u think ur kids goin get theirs from

40. Nanyanen Says:

*daps Nahggiz*

*submits link for your perusal*

41. Nanyanen Says:

*daps Nahggiz*

*submits link for your perusal*

youtube.com/watch?v=Azpr_qD-muU

42. De_Here Says:

Reggie Brown continues the tradition of UGA wr’s since Hines Ward that can’t catch a cold….and that’s word to Fred Gibson and Mohamed Massaquoi

43. Beezy Says:

Joe I found the S.Carter mixtape but i cant get you a link bc im @ work and shit is blocked

D_Block might be able to help when he resurfaces

otherwise ill get you when im off the clock [||]

44. Beezy Says:

oh nvm CiCi got it

45. Joe 88 Says:

Thanks CiCi

*hugs*

46. Big_seth Says:

Link FAIL.

this shit don’t work.

47. ceepee Says:

That Swizz Beats joint on BP3 is FIRE!!!!

48. CiCi The Intern Says:

De_Here Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:28 am

Word …

49. Black Says:

Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:27 am

^^^I can deal with an average face as long as shorty’s body is crazy though. But the drop dead gorgeous chicks with the 12 yr old body always gets old real quick to me.

50. CiCi The Intern Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:30 am
    Thanks CiCi

*hugs*

*grabs nuts*

51. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

its gettin to where if u dont take some kinda pills or illicit drugs, you’re in the minority.

52. ceepee Says:

FROM thesmokingsection.com

MZ Says:
    omg I think I’ll have to stay way from the comments if each of em will deviate from the post/topic at hand and back to BP3.
    =====================

I know… what is this Nah Right?

Aug 31, 2009, 10:35 pm

53. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

****bumps empire state of mind***** Gets ready for the day; i love my scheadule, 7 days on 7 days off….The life of a legal D’rug Pusher

54. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Yo, anybody got a copy of the S.Carter collection mixtape?

*cuts eyes @ beezy & D_Block (pause)*

I’m back on my stanning shit heavy
    I have both volumes, i’ll send it later when i touch down at the crib.

55. Joe 88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:33 am
    Joe 88 Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:30 am
    Thanks CiCi

*hugs*

*grabs nuts*

owwwww owwwww owwwwww

56. Nanyanen Says:

Nah Right is always on topic… just not a topic that matches the post.

KIM

57. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Joe

I found the first 1

rapidshare.com/files/…/Jay-Z-_S._Carter_Collection_Mixtape.rar

58. Nanyanen Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=Azpr_qD-muU

^^ this shit had me in tears. any1 else seen this?

59. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

**Catch me in the kitchen, like a simmons, whippin that pastry****

60. Joe 88 Says:

I have both volumes, i’ll send it later when i touch down at the crib.

^It’s 2 volumes? Wow, didn’t know that, what’s on the other one? I got the one with the b2k, flava in ya ear, rock star freestyles on it, i’m curious to know what the other one sounds like.

61. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

The other I’ll just send when i get to the crib..

62. sleep Says:

Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

63. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:34 am

————

Urbody gittin’ wayshted

64. rex hussla Says:

That BP3 is official…in the year 2009, considering where he is and what he could have put out [ll], how the fuck could anybody complain. It’s one of the best albums I’ve heard in a while, I actually listened to it front to back 3 times last night and I want to listen to it again. Last major label release like that was Fishscale.

65. Chief Ali aKa Stop the Bitchassness Says:

I swear Sleep is right

Snoop hasn’t put out a good album since ‘Doggystyle’

66. Black Says:

“Thank You” is vicious. That interview Hov had on Bill Maher where he talks about how he tries to create a full body of work (albums) as opposed to just focusing on singles is true. I was worried about BP3 hearing a song leak day after day but hearing the album in it’s entirety i can appreciate it way more. It seems like he accomplished on this album what he was trying to do on KC.

67. Beezy Says:

^this shit got me crackin the fuck up

68. Joe 88 Says:

sleep Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

^No sign. He atleast have classic albums under his belt.

Big L is more overrated to me than snoop. No shots at Big L, but niggas got him in there top 5 with no classic albums, how is that possible if your name isnt jadakiss?

69. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

sleep Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music

That guy sucks

70. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Joe,

did that link work?

71. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

what are these words?

Snoop has had more longevity than any rapper in history. (n)

72. Black Says:

BTW who is Mr. Hudson?

73. b-ease Says:

sleep Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

No-sign. Nobody thinks Snoop is a musical genius. He’s gets props for being exactly what he is, an engaging personality (ll), with one of the greatest rap voices ever (ll), whose ear for beat selection has given him, arguably, the longest run of “relevance” in hiphop history.

74. Nanyanen Says:

sleep Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

^^agreed. but Snoop there is a reason Snoop is a star. if it were just about artistry/talent, he’d be Hollywood Squares status

75. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Will empire state of mind be a bigger anthem than, im from new york????

76. Nanyanen Says:

arguably, the longest run of “relevance” in hiphop history

^^definitely worthy of arguement.
    What about Busta?

77. Streetztalk Says:

I love you London, my nigga!

*still Dying 1000 Deaths*

78. b-ease Says:

Black Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:46 am
    BTW who is Mr. Hudson?

Popular UK indie singer that Kanye signed last year. His album, Mr. Hudson and the Library, is actually really, really, dope.

79. Black Says:

Joe 88 Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:45 am
    sleep Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

^No sign. He atleast have classic albums under his belt.

^^^THIS. L definitely body most of shit that I heard him on like that shit that was on the DITC album with Pun and Joe (I think) but other than “Ebonics” and the freestyle wit Hov he doesn’t really have a catalog.

80. Joey Profit$ Says:

After hearing BP3 3 times in a row and once backwards on some satanic shit I discovered I could fly. This album is >.

Thanks.
    *enables lurk mode*

81. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

Fixed*

How the fuck can Snoop be overrated.

82. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Snoop has had a greater impact on the game than Jigga.

*straight face*

83. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Joey Profit$ Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:49 am
    ^^^^^

***dies****

84. Joe 88 Says:

Joe,

did that link work?

^Bout to check it now, I just wanted to know which one it was, cause CiCi just gave me a link to the S.Carter collection, the one with the b2k, pump it up freestyle, do you know which one it is?

85. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

His album, Mr. Hudson and the Library, is actually really, really, dope.
    Why yes, yes it is.

86. mr. vengeance Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

87. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:49 am
    Snoop has had a greater impact on the game than Jigga.

*straight face*

Snoop does not blieve this

88. b-ease Says:

^^definitely worthy of arguement.
    What about Busta?

He’s a contender. As are Cube, LL, and Jay-Z. Redman couldve been up there if his career didnt vanish three years ago.

89. mr. vengeance Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

co-sizzle

90. Joey Profit$ Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

Fixed*

How the fuck can Snoop be overrated.

WOW I can’t cosign that Pac out of all people.

91. Nanyanen Says:

he doesn’t really have a catalog.

^^no sign. 2 albums, one of those post mortem.

sounds a lot like another NY rapper that people call GOAT, no?

92. Beezy Says:

Big L is more overrated to me than snoop.

^wow, this got me angry enough to kill a nigga

93. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

@ Joe

Yeah, then Cici’s link is the same.

94. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

mr. vengeance Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:50 am
    Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

I dont believe pas is top 3, but i have seen grown men cry to sum of pac music, so with that said, dude had a big effect on people…..puts on dear momma…..

95. Joe 88 Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

^You know I can hear you, lol

And pac has classic albums also, so no-sign.

96. CiCi The Intern Says:

Beezy Says:
    September 1st, 2009 at 10:51 am
    Big L is more overrated to me than snoop.

^wow, this got me angry enough to kill a nigga

Big L is all mystique and you know it …

97. Mr. Iceberg Slim Says:

Beezy Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:51 am
    Big L is more overrated to me than snoop.

^wow, this got me angry enough to kill a nigga

U feel like joe buddens do now think bout his ex

98. b-ease Says:

sounds a lot like another NY rapper that people call GOAT, no?

No, it doesnt. L was ill, but no way you can compare his two LP’s to Ready to Die and Life After Death. There is NO comparison.

99. Black Says:

b-ease Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:50 am
    ^^definitely worthy of arguement.
    What about Busta?

^^^i think Cube disappeared from the art of making quality music for too long of a gap.

100. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

^You know I can hear you, lol

And pac has classic albums also, so no-sign.
    lmao….i didn’t mean to hit an innocent body stander..

daps

101. Beezy Says:

^you have rendered your opinion on anything hip-hop related meaningless with this statement

102. b-ease Says:

Pac is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

Naw, Elvis is. But Pac’s top 10.

103. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Absolutely none.

104. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

Naw, Elvis is. But Pac’s top 10.
    I meant to replace artist with rapper.

105. Joey Profit$ Says:

Alot of niggas took a piece of pacs formula say no and then your lying to yourself..So put a quarter in yo ass cuz u played urself (c) Kane

106. b-ease Says:

True.

107. Black Says:

Nanyanen Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:51 am
    he doesn’t really have a catalog.

^^no sign. 2 albums, one of those post mortem.

sounds a lot like another NY rapper that people call GOAT, no?

^^^I meant a catalog that was woth mentioning. As far as his post mortem LP being spoke of in the same breath as Life After death is crazy. I mean c’mon Stan Spit is on that Big L shit.

108. Joe 88 Says:

I’m not hating on Big L’s talent, and it’s not his fault he’s overrated, he never got a chance to shine, but when niggas put him in catagories with pac/big/nas/jay it just sounds stupid to me.

His first album sounds like a album that came 2 years after the end of the late 80’s early 90’s era, and his 2nd album was put together, with no input from big L himself, so how can he be the goat of anything?

109. Nanyanen Says:

sounds a lot like another NY rapper that people call GOAT, no?

how can we say he has no catalogue when he has the same amount of albums out as BIG, who is considered GOAT. Actual content and the fact that LAD is 2-discs aside… he has the same number of albums as BIG

110. Beezy Says:

Big L is all mystique and you know it …

^what does that even mean?

He birthed the flow and cadence that 90% of rappers use today.

Big L murdered Jay before it was in vogue to do so.

111. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Snoop has had a greater impact on the game than Jigga.

*straight face*

Snoop does not blieve this

not whose a better rapper. but whose impacted hip hop culture and american culture more through their music?

gotta be Snoop.

112. Beezy Says:

if you dont think Lifestylez of Da Poor and Dangerouz is like Top 5 albums ever your probably white

113. b-ease Says:

114. Joe 88 Says:

I mean c’mon Stan Spit is on that Big L shit.

*dead*

don’t sleep on stan spit tho, he bodied cam’ron *straight face* over the “stan” beat that cam bodied him on first, Kay Slay and all of the NY dj’s did stan dirty, niggas never heard his side of the beef, not even on the streetwars joints, and they had dj beefs on there cd’s

115. Black Says:

Beezy Says:

September 1st, 2009 at 10:52 am

^^^That nigga ain’t nothing but a talented nigga who becuz of his untimely death will forever be nothing but potential and what ifs. If your a rapper and talented and die before your time niggas will pump up the impact u have.

116. Joe 88 Says:

^Big didn’t even have input on the second album, he didn’t even know he was making a second album, lol (no shots) that’s like saying that big had 4 albums, when in reality, he only made 2, so Big L only made 1.

>That LP was good. But at the same time it dropped, niggas was reinventing hiphop with CLASSICS (Wu, Mobb, Nas, Bad Boy). L couldnt keep up…

^Exactly, I never said it sucked, but it just wasn’t as good as the albums you just named

The album they put together > Lifestylez………

117. BSEENANDHEARD Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    See Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous

118. De_Here Says:

Cowboy Troy > Big L

119. D-Money from H-Town aka My Repertoire is USSR Says:

Snoop is this most overrated artist in the history of music.

Flo Rida is in the running too.

*Turns up Already Home and eats chicken wings and shrimp fried rice*

120. kedordu Says:

lol yea right i think you will find that SNOOP AND DOC CHANGED THE WAY RAP MUSIC IS MADE FOREVER… WHEN EVERYONE WAS SOUNDING LIKE KOOL G RAP OR RAKIM .. THEY CREATED A WAY OF MAKING CLASSIC ANTHEMS THAT BOTH BIGGIE , TUPAC , BUSTA , METH, AND OUTKAST COPIED .. THEY SAID IT THEMSELVES .. IT NOT MY OPINION ON THAT BY THE WAY

HES NOT THE MOST OVERRATED HES ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED .. HE TOOK SLICK RICKS FORMULA AND REINVENTED THE WHOLE GAME .