M.O.P. – Foundation (Snippets)

mop-foundation

Robbie over at Unkut got inspired by the OB4CLII snippets and fucked around and found this. He told me he’d rather cop this before he cops the Raekwon album, and I agree that this shit is definitely banging. What else would you expect from these two.

Listen: M.O.P. – Foundation (Snippets)

Whatever you do, don’t miss Robbie’s observations on however much of the Raekwon he’s heard.

107 Responses to “M.O.P. – Foundation (Snippets)”

1. b-ease Says:

Holy shit.

2. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

kanye is too much of a jay stan not to let him milk of him plus he own him for “never let u down” and sierre leone remix

3. Hyperbole Says:

Nation, Where’s the thesis statement? and ur missing three more paragrphs to go along w/ that essay…

4. jake Says:

here you have the premo track:

5. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

rocafella success was highly overstated. hov status was a smoke screen to all those other dudes, bleek and beans never sold major records

I’m digging the Rae snippets. 30 seconds is really too short to make real assertions on the quality of the whole album, but so far, this sounds exactly like what I wanted to hear.

^ word.

whatup ease, sleep your girl should be about 4 1/2 months right about now.

when was the first maxi pad created, what did women use in the early years during their monthly’s ?

8. b-ease Says:

sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:30 pm

In all honesty, with the exception of Hard Knock Life, Jay was never a huge album seller either. But their prescence and impact overode that. No hiphop clique/label could illicit thier level of excitement (by visiting a radio station, 106, concerts, etc.) that they did during their peak.

9. b-ease Says:

*daps cold*

Hit me (ll) with that script idea fam. artivous@gmail.com

*doesnt listen to M.O.P snippets*

dont need to hear grown men yelling over each other. No shots.

11. CiCi The Intern Says:

# cOLD Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Pieces of cotton.

12. Al Poelvoordino Says:

Nigga Me & Catalina ft bUstA

even if it’s dr dre weak beats
    it’s dope for this rae’s LP
    and chef’s style of ish

13. b-ease Says:

He told me he’d rather cop this before he cops the Raekwon album,

No sign.

Rae snippets > MOP snippets

This does sound pretty dope tho.

Hit me (ll) with that script idea fam.

^ Yea I didnt forget you. I’ll have it to you in a minute.

15. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

cash money was way more successful than rocafella as far as record sales

juvenille sold as much as jay in their prime
    lil wayne and b.g sold more than bleek and beans
    hot boys sold more the dip set

(STILL) do it with Foxx, (STILL) do it with Tef, (STILL) do it with Fame, (STILL) do it to def

4 tracks in and this is already better than Rae’s album. Now, to make things clear I’m a Mash Out STAN and they’re my favorite duo and IMO the BEST (no disrespect to Clipse, Mobb, EPMD, etc). But just basing it on these snippets this shit is clearly gonna be GREAT. And they stay doing them (grimey ass shit) while updating the sound so it sounds like an updated, modern street album (hooks, carefully picked samples, slowing down the flow on some tracks). And Fame being a helluva producer alongs with being a wordsmith also helps their situation.

And holy white Jesus Forever & Always sounds ridiculous.

I’m literally gonna buy (and re-cop) all of their albums.

17. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

*dapz Glen Bernie*

*fucking dead*

Pharrell’s solo album was a victim of bad sequencing. The joint with Snoop and Teach You How to Hustle were potent bangers.

#

# b-ease Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:21 pm

The Brothers Thornton still get it in

“I’m Good” song AND vid >>>>>>

^Yes indeedy. *dapz Glen Bernie*

But why does WSHH have it listed as Pharrell feat. Clipse? Threw me off for a minute because I wasn’t expecting a second album from dude. His first album actually isn’t bad.
    # D. Billz Says:

19. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

kanye is too much of a jay stan not to let him milk of him

Camel Masonic hypnosis

20. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

nation, or anyone that was around – did you address the Drake stannery?? i had to go out and the posts were rolling by without anything gwanin….

Pieces of cotton.

^ I see I said.

22. b-ease Says:

*daps Billz*

^Yo, “That Girl” should’ve got WAYYYYY more rotation then it had. And I agree with sequencing. That track with Gwen was ahead of its time IMO. Everybody’s on the underground is trying to copy that sound (as far as the new kids are concerned).

24. D_block_4_life Says:

Daps all around.

25. Hyperbole Says:

That Joe Crocker sample bangs for the “i’m a brownsvillian’ joint

26. b-ease Says:

This couldnt be more true.

*daps D_Block*

27. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

going rounds with ol girl all day then eating chicken >>>

28. mie Says:

m.o.p. album sounds dope! dope production & hard beats. i wish bp3 would have street tracks like this, but i know it wont.

bease

I’ma have to disagree with you on this Mo Peez/Rae comparison. Perhaps if Rae cut some tracks off his then I’d MAYBE say yeah (I’m lying). But Mo Peez is soundin’ niiiiice right now.

For those who don’t have it, Marxmen Cinema is one of the best mixtapes PERIOD. I went to the store in Fells Point (forgot the name of it now, haven’t been in there forever) and copped that personally. Cover art is nice too.

*dapz DBlock, cOLD*

31. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

i put 3 in your shoulder like a big pony polo(c)sleep

32. Tong Po Flo Says:

*Gets wasted like a Japanese business man*

Pharrell’s “Dim The Lights” is a get-your-smash-on record. Preferably with someone between the ages of 19 and 23. I don’t know why that age range, but yeah.

34. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Pharrell’s album was cool but his rapping was atrocious and in the end it was unable to survive in my library

35. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

i got engaged last saturday i spent 5 stack on the ring im not hov so thats 5,000

# sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:42 pm

i put 3 in your shoulder like a big pony polo(c)sleep

^Grind till I make it
    Correct my mistakes like white-out
    Until I’m sittin’ on a gold mine like the White House

37. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

38. Hyperbole Says:

This Album has an early 2000’s vibe 2 it…

# Beewirks Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:37 pm

# D. Billz Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:13 pm

# KilluminattI7 Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:06 pm

@ dbillz flip-flop apollo et al and all tha rest of other non-descript doubting thomases jsut wait wehn ob4clII drops then come talk to me!

^I know you’re speaking from a standom POV, but let me put it to you like this: before DTR, I could really give 2 shits about a Rawse album. Like, I knew the dude had bars but I never even downloaded any material of his before DTR. When the tracks for DTR started leaking daily and posted on NR, I was ANTICIPATING the full album. Money MADE me a fan. Essentially, he and Rae are selling the same product which is slick/fly talk mixed in with the coke raps. But in 2009… and you will probably disagree… but nobody is doing that lane of music better than Big Bawse Man.

*serious face*
    cosign..even tho Bawse may not be living that life, that nigga got me coke dreaming when his songs play, and the mix on that album is flawless…Bawse is the most improved rapper…even if hes a cop lol

^Lol. Cosign. I see you Chief! Keep grindin’.

40. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Yo, I saw two Pochahantas looking chicks at Norma Jeans do incredible things to that song. Like, they really got it in. It’s top 10 strip club songs ever. By the way, I don’t go to strip clubs nearly as much as I may make it seem, lol.

41. Premier Says:

A New Boyz ad? Wtf?

42. b-ease Says:

sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:45 pm
    if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

Puff. No Way Out is borderline classic. Press Play was dope *ducks*.

You couldnt pay me to listen to a Baby or Swizz album.

43. Daily Drug Says:

*listens to snippets*

*gets hyped*

*tears up house*

44. D_block_4_life Says:

Damn I’m not even in the crib, I need to hear these Rae and MOP snippets….

# sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:45 pm

if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

^Pharrell EASILY.

-Puffy sucks when trying to actually spit like his ghostwriters as if we can’t tell who wrote it. And he overdoses on the “keepin it sexy” motif.

-Baby needs to abort himself.

-Swizz is gonna sound the same on EVERY track, beats and rhymes included. He got some good party joints but I can’t sit through a whole Swizz album.

Pharrell has already proved to me with this 1st dolo effort that a.) he writes his own raps, b.) he can find shit to rap about other than Bapes/Ice Cream, and c.) he can switch up the sound of his production.

46. b-ease Says:

that nigga got me coke dreaming when his songs play,

Rich off Cocaine makes me feel like I’m on a speedboat in Miami holding a cigar stuffed with Kush preparing to pop the champagne with the baddest bitch ever next to me pretty much naked begging for a line while the sun sets behind us. Seriously.

*daps D_block cici, billz, chot slock roffs.

daily drug who’s your former self.

49. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:45 pm
    if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

Puff. No Way Out is borderline classic. Press Play was dope *ducks*.

You couldnt pay me to listen to a Baby or Swizz album.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    calling no way out a classic is a overstatement but that song about the spanish chick is my shit. “i was cool with her pops lou the machanic”

50. b-ease Says:

D_block_4_life Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:48 pm
    Damn I’m not even in the crib, I need to hear these Rae and MOP snippets….

Yes, yes you do.

Billz prefers the MOP but you know I’m a Wu stan. The Cuban Linx snippets are crack.

bease

The only song that I dig on No Way Out that only featured just Puff was “Hell Up in Harlem” and “Spanish Fly” (I think that’s the name of it… the original ode to J. Lo before “I Need a Girl”). Other than those two, every other song was carried by the feature.

52. b-ease Says:

That’s why I disclaimed it with “boderline”. And yea, Seniorita was a banger. Clearly written by Jadakiss. Can you imagine if Jada dropped a solo on Bad Boy in early 98 with that and Victory on it? That could have sent him on a career trajectory for potential GOAT. Hiphop What Ifs? >>>>>

53. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:51 pm
    bease

I feel you (ll). But werent those the only two songs where Puff was dolo?

# b-ease Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:49 pm

that nigga got me coke dreaming when his songs play,

^I share the sentiments. But I must ask… did you roll that cigar or did Beezy roll it… before he got coked up and passed out whilst sittin’ between two snowbunnies?

55. Tong Po Flo Says:

^ That’s about right, I’m not going to send more than 7 for my wifey, I ain’t no millionaire I’m a hundrednaire

# b-ease Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:53 pm

D. Billz Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:51 pm
    bease

I feel you (ll). But werent those the only two songs where Puff was dolo?

^Exaaaaactly. My comparison is based on an album with just mainly Puff. Suicidal, almost.

57. b-ease Says:

No fucking way I’d let beezy roll that shit. We’d be waiting for hours. Then when it comes out looking like a late term abortion he’d start with the “yo..the cigar was mad stale son” bullshit. I can definetly see him coked up to the point of exhaustion though.

A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books.

Rae snippets >

59. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

puffy wouldve turned jada into a star on badboy. even if puffy jerked him he wouldve made more money than hes making now

^He’d definitely be Top 5 right now, as far as best albums. No question.

61. Hyperbole Says:

b-ease Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:47 pm
    sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:45 pm
    if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

If we talkin Puffy circa 97-98, then yes, otherwise Pharrell, musically he’ll take chances, and take himself out of his comfort zone… Swizz is too annoyin n repetitive to listen to for 60-90 minutes.. Baby, makes the type of music, that officials in guantanamo bay use, to “extract” information during interrogations of prisoners

62. b-ease Says:

LOL, yea, an album with Puff solo probably wouldnt be to listenable.

63. b-ease Says:

too > to

# b-ease Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:55 pm

^ *dives into shark infested ocean*

65. b-ease Says:

Rae snippets >

Yep.

*listens to every snippet again for fifth time*

66. Tong Po Flo Says:

spend > send

# Hyperbole Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:56 pm

b-ease Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:47 pm
    sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 8:45 pm
    if u had to by a rap album. puffy, parell, baby, swiss beat?

^Not only do I cosign this to a tee, but I’m halfway dead on a tire raft floating to FL with that last sentence.

*on 2nd Mo Peez listen*

69. CiCi The Intern Says:

b-ease Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 8:57 pm
    Rae snippets >

Yep.

*listens to every snippet again for fifth time*

The joint with Jada and Styles P has the potential to be so damn hardbody…

This Mo Peez album will definitely be in rotation on my NYC journeys this winter.

71. No_neva-eva Says:

I don’t see the problem with Jay exec producing Bleek’s shit- lots more rap albums need exec producers & Hov actually knows how to make a well rounded LP, which few rappers these days do..

72. b-ease Says:

The joint with Jada and Styles P has the potential to be so damn hardbody…

Indeed.

I could picture Ruste Juxx as a First Family affiliate. He needs beats like these.

74. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

baby biggest hit #1 stunna
    swizz the chillin in my beamer song
    puff been around the world
    pharell ? he dont have a rap hit

# No_neva-eva Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 9:03 pm

^I got so sidelined by the rant that I forgot to listen to the song.

LF: I don’t like this “Sharks in the Water” song. Other than that, yeah, Fame & Danze back at it.

# sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 9:05 pm

baby biggest hit #1 stunna
    swizz the chillin in my beamer song
    puff been around the world
    pharell ? he dont have a rap hit

^Tis true. But he can still make a better album than the other 3 in 2009. As aforementioned, he fucked up the rotation of his own album singles. “That Girl” had HIT written all over it.

“I was a Crip and the girl was a Blood” (c) D. O. Double

77. No_neva-eva Says:

MOP is the most consistent. I’m not surprised their shit sounds good- they know their strengths. All their albums are thorough. I remember buying the Warriorz bootleg at the million fam march in DC. Ha!

Rae is the man but ever since Immobilarity he’s had trouble keeping his shit consistent (mostly in terms of beats). All those Wu cats beef w Rza at their own expense.

78. Al Poelvoordino Says:

Roc Nation needs to drop a video for J.Cole’s Lights Please & Grown Simba
    like Drake with his two singles videos off So Far Gone. just cuz that’s dope songs and let people heard his ish mo

79. Al Poelvoordino Says:

^OB4CL2 beats are on point. 8th Sept !

80. No_neva-eva Says:

^^^^^^^^

No doubt, I think Shallah will pull this one off..

81. Hyperbole Says:

sleep AKA I’M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 9:05 pm
    baby biggest hit #1 stunna
    swizz the chillin in my beamer song
    puff been around the world
    pharell ? he dont have a rap hit

U said album, not sigles… Even still,even if u were, i’d jus take(nh) the instrumentals to those foremetioned except for ‘been around the world’ that still bangs, w/ or w/o the vocals…

82. Hyperbole Says:

*singles*

Real talk, I wanted this powder blue Wallabees Puff, Ma$e, and Carl Thomas was rockin’ in that Been Around the World remix video.

this = those

85. sleep AKA I'M 2 COOL 4 U DUDES 2 RIDICULE Says:

D. Billz Says:
    August 22nd, 2009 at 9:21 pm
    ^^^^^^^
    u too
    been around remix was crack. mase was to puffy what lil wayne is to baby. back them puffy could do no wrong ya’ll remember the all bout the benjimans rock remixs

86. Hyperbole Says:

D. Billz Says:

August 22nd, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Co-sign

______________

u too

Even, niggaz out here n L.A. were rollin w/ him, atleast the niggaz i knew were… Had the bitches goin crazy… Then the calender changed to 99′ n he made that song w/ Kelz… N then the hate was starting becoming something awful

87. Detroit P Says:

that nigga got me coke dreaming when his songs play,

Niggas like Ross, Clipse and Raekwon all rap about these Scarface-esque lifestyle’s, they’re supposed to be over the top, I don’t know why anyone would take them dead seriously, it’s just something to listen to and feel…Ross just tries to enhance the experience by trying to perpetuate that thought outside of the music…From filmin videos in Columbia to merkin niggas out…it seems like he uses crime for promotion…When he got Dj Vlad jumped, vlad said he heard Ross hiss out “Trillaaaaa”….before ole boy got killed, Ross told him it was “Deeper than Rap”…is this a pattern?

88. Joe 88 Says:

*Lurks*

*waits for phone call*

*Gets phone call*

*Leaves*

*daps billz & the rest of the crew*

*Tells lurkers to click the name & download*

Lol @ Joe88

*dapz*

90. sleep Says:

I know I’m gonna get hell for saying this on nah but fuck it

J.cole>>>>>drake

J.cole is a good story teller
    Dude mixtape is crack
    Light please and dream is like the soundtrack of my younger days

91. sleep Says:

What’s was the name of the puff song with kelz. I thing the puffy hate started with that awful “public enemy #1

92. trex Says:

PE #1 is definitely a good guess around the time of when the hate started. I started to loathe that ninja too. This was around the Free The Lox era.

94. Hyperbole Says:

I’m Still SMH @ the single “If you think I’m Jiggy” and the shinysuits that accompanied the video.. Puff almost ruined those niggaz careers w/ that shit

95. KilluminattI7 Says:

*still lastenin rae snippets

96. KilluminattI7 Says:

btw “i love you baby = best track on no way out

97. KilluminattI7 Says:

^ or was that on b arrah ‘s lfe story lp ?

98. KilluminattI7 Says:

-Black Rob feat the LoX

forgot that that track was LIKE THAT

99. KilluminattI7 Says:

*can I LIVE

100. No_neva-eva Says:

sleep Says:

J.cole>>>>>drake

^^^^^^^

No question.

killuminatti *daps*

Yo ease if you’re about check your addy. Im out gotta go on a tampon run for the wiz, no meth video.

These bats flyin’ outside my window are makin’ me nervous.

103. whooooooooohannnnnnnnnnnn Says:

MASH OUT POSSE.. COMING BLOW THE HORNS !

104. milliondollamindz.com » Sneak Preview of M.O.P. — Foundation Snippets Says:

[…] Spot­ted @ Nah Right […]

105. So_Right Says:

No need to get long winded.
    Sounds like….. FIIIIYAAA!!!!!!