Video: Jay Electronica – Dimethyltriptamine (Live in Atlanta)

Some more footage of Jay’s performance down in the A.

Courtesy of Sol Messiah, via Senor Kaos.

Previously: Jay Electronica – Exhibit A (Live in Atlanta)

50 Responses to “Video: Jay Electronica – Dimethyltriptamine (Live in Atlanta)”

1. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as is Puss Says:

Dude’s stage game has stepped up since his first show in NY.

I think Mos Def is a bigger Jay Elec stan then iam.

2. I Fux Says:

Jay Electronica >__________

3. R.J.Orion Says:

This the GOAT right here… Fuck the dumb shit

4. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

Big sean is eh. Another dude that’ll rely heavily on production

u heard the mixtape?

–Yea, not impressed

5. I Fux Says:

“we Killing the blogs” (c)Wiz

the homie marcus was in the ride yesterday and heard this an said “WTF is a blog??damn is that some new geek shit??what kind of rapper says Killing the blogs?? this niggas music is weak change that shit”

This the GOAT right here… Fuck the dumb shit

^ yup.

8. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

damn where this beat from?…this some Wu shit right? cant put my finger on it (n)

9. KzA Says:

*Looks at track title*
    *Gets really confused and nervous*
    *Looks around*
    *Pandora search “OJ Da Juice Man”

i be trappin, i be trappin
    i be workin, i be twerkin
    i be movin, i be joogin

*Relaxes*

everybody don’t crowd his nuts all at once now.

11. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

oh no…i remember, this that Return of the Gangsta Outkast shit

12. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

–They are there to buy electronics

13. Ghost Writer Says:

This guy got like one full mixtape and no albums…lol…

14. I Fux Says:

cOLD Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

they looked hypnotized/dumbfounded by the genius

15. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Diana Ross > Beyonce

16. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

aye, real talk.

Jay Elec is just DOOM with a conscience and no mask.

17. I Fux Says:

why Eskay hates Jayelectronica and baby’s the Drake, I will never understand.

>>you think them niggas in the A, actually overstands this nigga, or they’re there for the beats.

damn shots fired at bammas

19. AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as is Puss Says:

Joe 88 Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 12:16 pm
    Nah. Jeff Lacey is a bum.

^nigga you crazy, jeff lacy is far from a bum, just a bad match up
    =================================================
    His last three fights against real comp (Jones, Taylor, Calzaghe) were embarassing losses.

This nigga is finito.

20. R.J.Orion Says:

Nah cOLD… I’m a hour from Atlanta… The new south got hella brethren that’s right knowledged up… The just mad underground and underexposed… Don’t sleep on Charlotte, Jacksonville or Memphis either….

I just hate the way ya’ll niggas fight over dude’s sack then have the nerve to call Aubrey a fruit.

22. I Fux Says:

Shortly after O’Neal was traded to the Suns in February 2008, Nash mentioned to his new teammate a reality show he was pursuing. It would feature the Suns point guard taking on professional athletes in their own sport. The topic didn’t come up again until early in the 2008-09 season, when O’Neal boarded the Suns bus and told the team he would be starring in a new reality show in which he would be taking on, you got it, professional athletes in their own sport. ‘You mean the idea you stole from me?’ one Suns representative said he heard Nash say. In reality, a source close to Nash said, ‘Steve was pissed. He couldn’t believe Shaq’s lack of integrity.'” Nash lawyered up, and presto, he got an executive producer credit on the show. He passed on the opportunity to bash Shaq when reached by a columnist. The show’s ratings weren’t terrible
    GAY

Kobe > Shaq

23. Rockabye Says:

Let me say this to Nah:

I am discovering Jay Elec slowly and on my own. I’m playing the Eternal Sunshine joint for the third time this morning right now. Exhibit A has about twenty spins on my computer. I have a mixtape someone put together and I’m going to listen to it later.

But I’m not listening to him because you’re calling him the GOAT and all this totally outlandish stuff. I’m listening to him because you’re calling him cool and worth a listen.

Don’t crown him without an album or a little more music. He’s got a fantastic future ahead of him, and he’s, I think, going to fulfill some awesome promise. But hyping him up as the best thing since Rakim is going to make him look like a fool when his next project isn’t totally up to your exacting standards.

Let us not forget that Jay is better than 90% of rappers even now. We only appreciate it less because he’s been giving us that or better for almost two decades.

Let this bitch breathe (c) Shawn and Nasir.

24. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Da Youngsta’s Illy Funkstaz – I’ll Make U Famous
    Das Efx – Generation Efx
    OC – Bon Apetit
    Ma$e – Welcome Back
    Kool Moe Dee – Interlude
    Nas – Nastradaumus
    Rah Digga – Dirty Harriet

Whats’ the worst album you ever paid for?

SMH @ nas “Every1 of my classics”

25. I Fux Says:

Don’t sleep on Charlotte, Jacksonville or Memphis either….
    ^^^^^
    You Need more nonbammas

26. Joe 88 Says:

Roy jones is really whipping this niggas ass right now

27. Rockabye Says:

damn shots fired at bammas

(fires Andre 3K is the smartest dude to ever touch a mic statement in response)

28. RIGZ Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as is Puss Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Dude’s stage game has stepped up since his first show in NY.

THIS.

29. R.J.Orion Says:

Nash stole MVPs from Shaq, so fuck his anger… Another overrated Canadian…who sent them niggas?

30. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

Rah Digga – Dirty Harriet

–LMAO

31. I Fux Says:

the Crowd looked mesmerized real talk those bammas after the show probably went to drink Patron and splashed it with Green Tea instead of Red Bull

32. Joe 88 Says:

R.J.Orion Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

^Co-sign.

33. Rockabye Says:

Whats’ the worst album you ever paid for?

Jibbs, “Chain Hang Low.”

34. I Fux Says:

Nash deserved one of those MVP’s that other one he got Kobe for, Kobe dropped like 36 a game and took the Lakers to the Playoffs with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. dropped 81 on the Raptors

35. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

Worst album i ever payed for was Locked up by Akon.

36. I Fux Says:

Jibbs, “Chain Hang Low.”

how old are you? or was that a bamma purchase?

37. Ghost Writer Says:

Yall have to agree that Jay Electronica gets the same amount of love as you know who on Nah Right….everything this guy does gets a post

38. mr. vengeance Says:

worst album i paid for?

strong arm steady-
    damn i cant even remember the title of the album

39. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

–Stop it, you’re letting your Lakers stannism get to you

40. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

nah supposedly Nash was good enough for pro soccer…and also played hockey. sounds like a show tailor made for him.

…but Canadians dont know bout our capitalistic ways.

41. Call Me Gordito, I get DORITOS Says:

The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs…not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 12:21 pm
    aye, real talk.

Jay Elec is just DOOM with a conscience and no mask.

Fair Assesment. But I think Doom is a little crazier wit the wordplay and metaphors than Jay.

42. david blackham Says:

jay electrolysis is that dude!

RIGZ Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 12:24 pm
    AmpGeez a.k.a Ni@@as is Puss Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Dude’s stage game has stepped up since his first show in NY.

THIS.

^ not so, its the same, its just you all were conditioned to see niggas beg for crowd participation and skip across the stage. Peep footage of rakim live.

44. Big_seth Says:

# A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

–They are there to buy electronics

LOL.

Fuck you both.

There are plenty of smart black folks down south.

BAMMAS STAND UP!.

lol

^ aye gurl your Pussy talking to me it say STINK! (c) I forget.

46. R.J.Orion Says:

Worst album I ever paid for was UGod Presents: The Hillside Scamblers… An album full of weed carrier’s weed carriers… About two heaters and 16 shots of shit…

47. Call Me Gordito, I get DORITOS Says:

Rockabye Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 12:25 pm
    Whats’ the worst album you ever paid for?

Jibbs, “Chain Hang Low.”

*Man Down*

“Mine is Get it How U Live”, Hot Boyz. I bought it expectin to hear tha block is hot and shit that’s on guerilla warfare.

48. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

i Ripped off Columbia House for Dozens of those “Buy 12 for the price of 1” CDs in the 90’s

49. 33rd EMCEE Says:

His microphone is 7,926 miles in diameter!

50. Nah Right » Video: Voodoo Man, Tap Dancing in the French Quarter Says: