Audio: De La Soul Live at Nokia Theatre

de-la-nyc

De La Soul – Eye Know

De La Soul – A Rollerskating Jam Named Saturday’s

De La Soul – Much More > Stakes Is High (Jay Dee Tribute)

De La Soul – I Am I Be

De La Soul – Breakadawn

Props to All The Way Live, go there to read their rundown of the show.

Previously: De La Soul – Stakes Is High (Live)

54 Responses to “Audio: De La Soul Live at Nokia Theatre”

1. Beezy Says:

comments

2. Beezy Says:

comments again

3. Dos Equis Says:

Plaxico and Max B gon be bunkies

4. Troyvul Says:

Daps Nah and fellow Jamaincans

5. chea Says:

these cats is older than the clipse

6. RIGZ Says:

Ok cool but you don’t think someone would eventually started to do all this? It was inevitable in a sense. To say Hip-Hop would of never existed is a very silly and bold statement. I think that’s whats you said…

No its not…who would of started it? Why didnt it start before then? Why did it take someone from Yard to bring that Culture & Style of playing / warping music into America? How is it inevitable that hiphop would of been created…? Inevitable? lol. C’mon D Block…give credit where credit is due

The foundation of hiphop was imported from JA, this is just what happened, these are the facts

7. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Breakin News: Plaxico copped to 2 years in the bing

^ damn.

THEY LOCKIN ALL OUR STARS UP! (c) u already know

8. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

PS. If you like Ice Coffee, i hate you. Thanks for your time.

9. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

Daps Nah and fellow Jamaincans

*bup! bup!*

10. Dos Equis Says:

^Rispeck

11. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Plaxico and Max B gon be bunkies
    lol

THEY LOCKIN ALL OUR STARS UP! (c) u already know

^ I know hindsight is always 20/20 but what was this nigga thinking.

13. Tweezy Says:

I need to get into more Jamaican (?) music, other than random stuff I hear in clubs i know nothing

14. Ghost Writer Says:

Hymen Hunter Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:27 am
    lol, who remembers all the old NBA Lives, when mike was in the league, but wasn’t in the game?

lol, and he was like “player 99″ or some shit like that. . . . i used to KILL with that fake MJ in like Live 98. . . .

which every game that let you play as the mascots >

NBA Jam?

15. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up Like Adobo/Sazon/SOFRITO Says:

No doubt I’ll give credit but to say it would of NEVER existed is just a little far fetched for me.

I know you hold anything involving Yardies close to you heart (nh), so i gracefully bow out of this discussion.

PS. Fuck Yardies.

16. LB: Albert Gonzalez of the UK. Says:

LB: Albert Gonzalez of the UK. Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:05 am
    In terms of achievement within and for sport

David Beckham > Michael Jordan.

====================================
    LB: Albert Gonzalez of the UK. Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:20 am

Sayin Beckham > MJ was just to rattle cages

Lets read the fineprint people. Obviously Zidane > Beckham but not in terms of what they’ve done for the sport

17. chea Says:

fellow Jamaincans

BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK

*JAMAICAN FOGHORN*

LIGHTERS LIGHTERS

*FOGHORN*

YA DAN KNOW

BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK

*JAMAICAN FOGHORN*

nah let me stop playin i’m latino and middle eastern but i fucks with jamaica

let me see,.. um pro football career, millions of dollars… Let my pack the burner and go to the club. His mans should of told the nigga chill. Hire a body guard something.

19. chea Says:

zidane is the soccer goat

but his supremacy is not like michael’s sports-wise

MJ > ____________

20. Joe 88 Says:

khalid el amin was the weirdest nigga ever, b/c he was clearly a porker, but her was like basketball’s jerome bettis. . .

fat, yet in shape.

^This.

That nigga was my idol (pause) when I was in middle school, I knew I was gonna make the northern high JV basketball team next year. Then that summer, I lost all of my weight, then I looked like a funny built reggie miller, lol.

21. Call Me Gordito, I get DORITOS Says:

Tweezy Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:33 am

It’s a lil late at this point. I think the artform, dancehall anyway peaked in 2004-2005. Now it’s all about who can go hardest fuckin a bitch. Shit is lame now.

22. Hymen Hunter Says:

just because you exel in one sport doesnt make you a great athelete

>true, but it makes it easier to prove your point in a debate/argument.

i gotta say not true.

in this day in age, if you excel professionally at any sport, i’m gonna argue that you’re a great athlete.

23. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

If you like Ice Coffee, i hate you. Thanks for your time.

some of these ice lattes be on point tho…

they got a place out her called Holly’s Coffee that makes a mean Sweet Potato Latte

24. Big_seth Says:

# chea Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 10:22 am

*daps seth*

btw best line ever on nah: “i didn’t have a dad growing up and i never did the bootie clap dance.” (c) seth

i told my wife about that and she fell the fuck out she laughed so hard

LOL

*daps chea*

Yo, & I have to admit… the way you speak about it, I’m def coppin a bidet before next year. LOL.

25. Tweezy Says:

Nigeria >>>>>

26. Dos Equis Says:

17-08934 Plaxico’s new jersey number.

*gets an idea to sell “inmate jerseys”*

*designs the OJ Simpson throwback jersey*

27. Hymen Hunter Says:

how the FUCK are you fat and in shape!??!?!

like, that still boggles my mine. i used to hoop w/ a couple niggas like that back in the day. . . and it was always a bitch b/c they’d run the break, and just go to the cup. . . who stoppin em!?

28. LB: Albert Gonzalez of the UK. Says:

see: Golf. Physically FITTER than the old days yeah. Athletes? FOH

Dos Equis Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:37 am
    17-08934 Plaxico’s new jersey number.

*gets an idea to sell “inmate jerseys”*

*designs the OJ Simpson throwback jersey*

^yo this you should of kept on the lee-low

30. V.I Says:

Nigeria >>>>>

lol nigerians are scammers and brilliant con men

31. Joe 88 Says:

@cOLD

Athletes are stupid.

It’s only a small amount that really came from poverty/fucked up enviorments. Niggas might’ve been broke, but they was sheltered, & kept away from the streets & such, so when they get into certain situations, they use bad judgement, cause they’ve never been in those types of situations before.

Just my thoughts

32. 911 Says:

^g7: I guess you’ve never ran on a 110 by 75 soccer field before.

>that shit is wicked, quit the soccer team after the first week.

33. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

hip hop is from JA. it’s fact, homes.

34. Dos Equis Says:

SMH Comparing an athlete that excelled in ONE sport..to an athlete that excelled in TWO.

Deion + Bo > MJ

35. Hymen Hunter Says:

lol nigerians are scammers and brilliant con men

*dead*

this nigga chris hansen did “to catch a con man”, and EVERY one of them niggas was nigerian!

i was like “shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. . . . “

36. Big_seth Says:

I would argue that Hip Hop as we know it today would not be the same if Jamaican’s hadn’t influenced it.

but you can say the same about all black, Caribbean, latino, and even some asian & white folks. Hip Hop takes from everything & in turn influenced everything to take from it.

37. Call Me Gordito, I get DORITOS Says:

Just my thoughts

^^ obviously you’ve never heard of Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Zach Randolph

Joe 88 Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:38 am
    @cOLD

Athletes are stupid.

Just my thoughts

^ makes good sense.

39. LB: Albert Gonzalez of the UK. Says:

Although my yardie music is quite up to day i keep playing the same couple songs over and over again:

movado – dem a fag
    assasin – dem nah look gyal
    aidonia – hundred stab

remind me of a great night out at the beginning of the year. actually heard decent yardie music in a rave. GOOD TIMES!!

40. Hymen Hunter Says:

Deion + Bo > MJ

but mike didn’t JUST excel, he dominated. . . . bo nor deion were the best at either sport. . . but mike wasn’t just the best of his time, he’s the best EVER.

41. Joe 88 Says:

Hymen Hunter Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 10:37 am
    how the FUCK are you fat and in shape!??!?!

*Dead*

Tim hardaway FTW!!!!!!!!

42. The Shot Clock aka We talkin bout dogs...not a game, not a game. dogs. Says:

we also gave u KRS and Mos

43. geico lizard Says:

*daps beezy,chea, dblock,joe, cold and rest in the room*

44. Tweezy Says:

lol nigerians are scammers and brilliant con men

^exactly. You think that shit’s easy?!?

Once again,

Nigerians >>>>

45. Gseven Says:

Troyvul Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:30 am
    Daps Nah and fellow Jamaincans

^wha’pen sah?

it really is nahjahright up in here today.

46. Dos Equis Says:

lol Cold..i’ll think of another brilliant idea by 1pm..I’m nice like that that.

*gets an idea for creating more ideas*

47. Tweezy Says:

we go hard for ours

48. 911 Says:

just because you exel in one sport doesnt make you a great athelete
    >true, but it makes it easier to prove your point in a debate/argument.

^^i gotta say not true.

>you know we agree right? I’m saying if you do excel, it’s easier for someone to argue on your behalf.

whatup geico.

50. Joe 88 Says:

obviously you’ve never heard of Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Zach Randolph

^stephen jackson is just stupid, I seen that nigga on a smack DVD claiming to be a blood, WTF? And I never said that no athlete was from the gutta, I just said that the ones that make stupid choices arent from the gutta.

Like the nigga that played for the panthers that got shot like 60 times outside of a bitch house in the projects, any hood nigga would’ve thought this is a bad idea (no shots)

51. Gseven Says:

911 Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:38 am
    ^g7: I guess you’ve never ran on a 110 by 75 soccer field before.

>that shit is wicked, quit the soccer team after the first week.

====
    lol. I’ve been playing soccer nonstop since I was 6 years old…so yeah, the quads are diesel(nh)

52. Dos Equis Says:

# cOLD Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 10:34 am

^^If your jumpoff call you at the crib at 2AM saying “meet me at the latin quarter I aint wearing no panties..oh and yea Lisa here too she looking for Antonio”…you mean you gon go find a bodyguard to creep?

53. Troyvul Says:

comments

54. HaS bka Mr. GooDBaR Says:

cOLD Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 10:40 am
    Joe 88 Says:

August 20th, 2009 at 10:38 am
    @cOLD

Athletes are stupid.

Just my thoughts

^ makes good sense.

^ When u are from the hood and other cats from the hood see u have a gift and undeniable indisputable gift, whether it be sports (basketball, football or baseball) or entertainment (rapping or singing) they tend to protect you. Keep you away from the dumb sht, the trouble, the local drug dealer may even put money in your pocket.

So it’s understandable how some of these professional athletes get money and make it into their respective leagues, they do things that me or you, coming from the streets, we would never do. Because to a certain extent they ARE sheltered/protected.

The funny thing is that once these dudes make it professionally the same dudes that protected them can wind up being the ones to get that person in trouble. That dude from the hood feels like “WE made it!” and acts the fool cuz he ain’t used to anything himself. He’s not gonna say hey man I don’t think you should carry that gun. They’re gonna say “yea son f*** that who gonna tell us anything, you’re a star!”