KiD CuDi Discusses Brief Rift w/ Consequence

big_kid-cudi-4123

I always wondered what sparked the short lived “beef” between those two. But then they squashed it and it seemed sincere, so it was whatever.

Now, Complex has released some outtakes from the interview for their CuDi cover story in which he explains what happened.

Complex: You’ve managed to stay out of beef pretty well, but what about the whole Consequence situation that happened early on when you were signed to G.O.O.D.?

Kid Cudi: He took it like I gave him a dry “what up” at the Q-Tip party, like I was trying to play him. But I was just completely obliterated out of my skull. And what I found strange was that I spotted him and made my way through the crowd to see him so I don’t see where the confusion would’ve come from, but I just would’ve liked for him to hit me up first. We’re human beings and sometimes we move off emotion. He felt disrespected and he felt like he had to do what he had to do. Me, personally, I would’ve just called the man and said “What’s poppin?” I would think twice before saying some negative shit, because we’re all in the same fam and the alliances have been made. So we talked about it and you know he apologized and everything was kinda like whatever. I told him how I felt he told me how he felt; we respected each other’s opinions, and that’s why we were able to flip it and keep it moving so quickly.

Complex: It was odd for him to put out that video, no?

Kid Cudi: It was like, “I wish I could just talk to him and see what’s wrong,” but the video was so aggressive that it put me in the “fuck it” mindset. No sweat off my sack, I didn’t do anything wrong, God knows I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m a fan of Consequences’ work, so I’m glad we were able to talk and squash it and it was daps and pounds. And ever since then me and Cons’ been tight. Ya’ll seen it from doing records and shows together. I got a joint that I’m doin’ on his album which is really fresh; I did a hook for him and you know, G.O.O.D music is on the move. It’s an alliance.

So there you have it. Kumbaya.

He also speaks on his early years in Ohio, how he started rapping, the inspiration behind “Day N Nite” and comparisons to the light-skinned fellow from Toronto.

Link: COMPLEX’S KID CUDI COVER STORY: THE UNCUT INTERVIEW OUTTAKES

Also, in case you missed it, check out the artwork for CuDi’s debut album Man On The Moon:  The End of Day.

42 Responses to “KiD CuDi Discusses Brief Rift w/ Consequence”

1. I Fux Says:

Dirty ass coat is not fashion(c)cons

2. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Beef w/ Teef (none)

3. Black Says:

mousebudden *opens newspaper, looks for topical references no one will remember in a week*

^^^Sometimes Budden’s rhymes do sound like the nigga just got done reading US Weekly or some shit.

4. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Cudi was on the radio in DC, last week, talking about a supposed beef with Wale…

5. I Fux Says:

One Nil US winning

6. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

WASHINGTON — New Washington Wizards coach Flip Saunders says Gilbert Arenas looks fast on the court.

Saunders traveled to Chicago last week and watched Arenas work out and play. Saunders says Arenas’ surgically repaired left leg is about four times as strong as it’s been.

Says Saunders: “He gets to wherever he wants to get on the court. His quickness is back. If you walked into the gym, you wouldn’t know he was hurt.”

Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld says he expects Arenas to be ready from Game 1 this season. Coming off three operations in 1½ years, Arenas played in only two games late last season. He is a three-time All-Star.

Saunders and Grunfeld spoke at Wednesday’s news conference to introduce new center-forward Fabricio Oberto.

***Yezzur…

7. I Fux Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

August 12th, 2009 at 4:18 pm
    Beef w/ Teef (none)

*comatose*

8. ELECTROGREMLIN_CS88 Says:

none

9. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

August 12th, 2009 at 4:18 pm
    Beef w/ Teef (none)

^^BRILLIANT!

10. Beezy Says:

Cons is mad because he got put on the backburner with the quickness

11. Hymen Hunter Says:

*dead* @ beef w/ teef

LMAO

12. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

Cons just needs to stay away from the limelight and get that publishing money. His teef too big to fit a regular video camera anyways. Niggas aint got money to always film videos in wide screen HD…..sheiiitttttt its a recession

13. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Eskay on Twitter:

me and my UPS guy have squashed our long running beef. just thought I’d keep ya’ll apprised.half a minute ago from web

***Hip hop version of Seinfeld vs. Newman?

14. Hymen Hunter Says:

scott ramon mescudi.

knock it off.

15. I Fux Says:

on the real CuDi > Drake

ok ok

1 to 1

16. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

His teef too big to fit a regular video camera anyways

***that’s why Cons’ album was called “don’t quit your day job”…that nigga needs the dental benefits…

17. Hymen Hunter Says:

yo, if i saw consequence in the club, i wouldn’t dap that nigga up.

shit, if that nigga was holding on to the edge of the grand canyon with one hand, about to fall off. . . i wouldn’t dap that nigga up.

18. icon(trillbert arenas) Says:

Hymen Hunter Says:

August 12th, 2009 at 4:27 pm
    yo, if i saw consequence in the club, i wouldn’t dap that nigga up.

***If I saw you in the club, you’d be the last person I’d give dap to (c) that Chamillionaire blogger song

19. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

# A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:
    August 12th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Who didn’t I get for this fantasy football?

Gimme your email, get at me at argreigns@yahoo.com
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    yo tribe how does fantasy sports stuff work?

20. I Fux Says:

Dos Santos got the US defense all nervous

21. FRANCOIS Says:

anyone else know how i can dl that whiz.currency mix tape via another zip extractor other than WInRAR?
    would most defintely appreciate it.!

22. dystopia Says:

Wow, this really deserves a who gives a fuck.

23. ELECTROGREMLIN_CS88 Says:

Chuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!

24. Mac Brown aka Drugs R bad.. so I abuse the P*ssy! Says:

SOHH DAILIES RSS

C-Murder’s Sister Reacts To Guilty Verdict, “Where Is Justice, Where is Barack!?” [Video]

^^really bitch …… Barack should give a fuck about this kneegrow?

25. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

@November

You’re the general manager of a team of players that you draft and you decide who starts or not. The point is to get the most productive players in order to benefit you. You go head to head against another team and the top 6 teams go to the playoffs

26. I Fux Says:

*cares about rapper on rapper friction*

27. Beezy Says:

You go head to head

^ayo

28. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

Ayo @ rapper on rapper friction

29. CiCi The Intern Says:

Sad shit!

30. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

# A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:
    August 12th, 2009 at 4:40 pm

@November

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    iight…november3leven@gmail.com

31. A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:

You need a yahoo account.

32. dafirestarta Says:

just DL winrar jeez

33. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

# A tribe called quest aka No Draws unda Im Big Brotha Thunda Says:
    August 12th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

You need a yahoo account.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    novemberend23@yahoo.com

34. SeniorCivilian Says:

# FRANCOIS Says:
    August 12th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

would most defintely appreciate it.!
    ^I use this: http://download.cnet.com/Free-RAR-Extract-Frog/3000-2250_4-10804840.html

35. JoMoses Says:

Dom Kennedy homeboy cARTer is on twitter spazzin @ wale n cudi….wtf?

36. I Fux Says:

Yo Jo what they saying????

I fux with Dom[||]

37. Charles Oakley Says:

Cons needs to file those chiclets down a couple of inches

38. FRANCOIS Says:

dafirestarta Says:

August 12th, 2009 at 4:47 pm
    just DL winrar jeez

____________________________
    sorry IT Guy.

39. JoMoses Says:

He said Cudi jackin from houston. Some stuff about Wale having a fake buzz and how them niggas wish they was drake. Lol this nigga been poppin shit for over a hour. Lmao @ wale n cudi fans gettin @ this nigga.

40. Bruh Mane from the FIF FLOOR Says:

Carter and Dom make good music that gets over looked

41. Mr.Londoner Says:

Cons is so that ninja to be like..

“I’M DOING THIS AND THAT.. I DID CONS TV BEFORE JOE BUDDENS TV.. WHERES MY PROPS” kinda ninja

42. mars Says:

WHO is Cons really though.. sounds like a coat tail.. (my cousin is Q tip) big deal dude.. Dudes salty cause Cudi is bigger in the game.. Niggas aint real no more.. Airing beef on the net. Just snuff the nigga Keep it real lol..