Swizz Beatz Talks New Records With Jay-Z & DMX

via MTV:

“I seen something on the cover of the XXL: ‘The Death of the Super-Producer?’ ” Swizz said. “It was on the cover. I was like, ‘I hope the f— they not talking about me.’ ”

Swizz’s career demise seems unfathomable. Besides Whitney Houston, he’s working on that new DMX album, as well as some tracks for Jay-Z’s Blueprint 3.

“I’ve been kicking since ’98,” Swizz said, “That’s what I told Hova: ‘We did it in ’99, and we ’bout to do it in ’09.’ That’s a blessing. I’ve been around. “I’m starting to feel like a senior citizen,” Swizz laughed. “I have people coming to me, saying, ‘I started to listen to you when I was 9.’ But I gotta remember: I started when I was, like, 16, 17. I’mma be 31 in September. Sh– is crazy.”

Swizz said he and Jay should finish up some of their new work together this weekend. “I like the album,” Swizz said of Blueprint 3. “He gotta say a lot. You know who to come through for the gutter [beats]. He just called me from London, spazzin’. Me and Jay, we’re so much into the art of music, and we’re great friends. This album, we happened to get into a little bit. That sh– is super fun. We’re still working.”

On DMX’s hip-hop album: “By him not coming out on Summer Jam gave us the freedom to do everything we’re doing right now [to make the album at our own pace],” Swizzy said. “I’m about to drop this joint that was supposed to be DMX and Jada, but it’s gonna be DMX and Eve. I want people to hear Eve in that hard element again. X is on his A-game. They’re in trouble. Just the lineup of music I have already done, ignorant! X is gonna come back so crazy. They are both on the way.”

On DMX’s gospel album: “I’mma let him do his thing later,” Swizz said. “Now we gotta stay focused on what we gotta do. We gonna do the gospel later. But if we do the gospel album, it’s gotta be with the official gospel people: Mary Mary, this one, that one. I want it to be something that even in the gospel realm is respected.”

On the next Swizz Beatz album: “I paused up on my album sh–,” he said. “I’m on a different level of expressing myself. I’d rather express musically than lyrically. But any minute, I can go in the studio and jump on some sh– I made for somebody else and not wanna give it to them.”

67 Responses to “Swizz Beatz Talks New Records With Jay-Z & DMX”

Nah is fluttering like the ducks in duck hunt

2. Joe 88 Says:

where my dawgs at?

3. V.I Says:

SWIZZY!!!

YOUNG MOOLAH!!

OUTLAWZ!!!

4. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

pancakes and milk

5. Beezy aka Runs Like Kenya, Diamonds Like Mozambique Says:

Show Me What You Got leak = 600+ comments

Run This City leak = 250 comments

Jay done fell off, and Nah done sped up

6. BARPAN Says:

I got these Lupe chucks, patent leather fire

^^^^^^^

cool , but the YSL patent leather ‘chucks’>

7. ELECTROGREMLIN_cs88 Says:

DMX is a wrap, nigga this aint 99’…u 10 years too late.

8. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Joe 88 Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:35 am

where my dawgs at?

grrrrrrrrr….

9. Rockabye Says:

Lyrics: therockabyereview.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/jay-z-feat-rihanna-and-kanye-west-run-this-town/

10. baby jesus Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:35 am

where my dugs at?

fixed*

11. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

The Barneys PatenT leather perforarated holes chucks >

12. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

Swizz Beatz Talks New Records With Jay-Z & DMX

zzzzzzzzzzz

13. baby jesus Says:

cool , but the YSL patent leather ‘chucks’>

^theyre not really chucks cause they dont have that shell toe but yea, youre right

14. Don't tase me, bro! Says:

fux you don’t understand homie, i was laughing all night last night, my wifey picked me up and we went to the gyro spot in greek town and i was crying into my gyros from your story, she kept asking what’s so funny and i couldn’t even articulate – how do you tell your wifey that your homie was joking about slapping a bitch but to make is tasteful *dies all over again and then dies one more time*

p.s. that story made me miss ifux.blogspot something so damn surrious i.e. the funniest blog ever word to fabe dogg passing the rock to slater [||]

15. Mac Brown Says:

I need a career change. this shit is boring

16. Geronimo P Says:

CiCi!!!

I want you to know that the experts on NFL Live on espn all agree, that the Philadelphia Eagles have the best fantasy team.

However, the Giants have the best team in the NFC East.

17. Joe 88 Says:

That jigga, rhi rhi & yeezy track is dope, Jigga killed it, yeezy was great, but I give it to hov on that one (pause)

18. baby jesus Says:

The Barneys PatenT leather perforarated holes chucks >

i hate that the black ones have that faggoty ass gold tounge

19. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

link them YSL’s I think i saw them at Saks navy blue. HATED IT (c)Damon Wayans

20. The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

where my dawgs at?

grrrrrrrrr….

arf! arf!

21. Troyvul Says:

Where the fuck is that spitta X curren$y mixtape

22. Mr. Hannukah Says:

fux you don’t understand homie, i was laughing all night last night, my wifey picked me up and we went to the gyro spot in greek town and i was crying into my gyros from your stories about ur cousin, she kept asking what’s so funny and i couldn’t even articulate – how do you tell your wifey that your homie was saying how sometimes you have to slap a bitch but to make is tasteful *dies all over again and then dies one more time*

p.s. that post made me miss ifux.blogspot something so sinsurr, you gotta resurrect that shit homie you have no excuse

23. Gravity Says:

Show Me What You Got leak = 600+ comments

Run This City leak = 250 comments

Jay done fell off, and Nah done sped up

^^^^^^

*stans it up*

But really, when’s the last time comments(exclude MJ) went past 200 on reg?

24. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Geronimo P Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:39 am

CiCi!!!

However, the Giants have the best team in the NFC East.

Donovan, Westbrook and DeSean give you fantasy points. Akers is automatic (even know these past two years have hurt my spirit).

I don’t disagree with the Giants being the best team in the NFC East (right now). You got that Super Bowl.

25. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

hate that the black ones have that faggoty ass gold tounge
    tell me about it I dont wear them anymore, once I got the Lupe jawns. I went to the Liquor store with the red ones on and some black shorts and wife beater, this dude was like “Hey Blood those are BOOL, Where you get them At”. I say “Barneys”.. he looked at me and was like “Alright might have to check that out”

26. Mr. Hannukah Says:

yo fux my wifey is pregnant with #2 – ur boy is a family man now. i might cop a minivan and put dubs on it

*wears mommy jeans and all-white reebok walking shoes with no scuffs*

*makes frequest trips to home depot*

*gardens*

27. baby jesus Says:

link them YSL’s I think i saw them at Saks navy blue. HATED IT (c)Damon Wayans

i think barp was refferin to these and theyre fuego

tinyurl.com/4ealkg

28. Mr. Hannukah Says:

*frequent (spelling fail)

29. Geronimo P Says:

^I’m also talking about the upcoming season. We will finish at the top of the division. Its really a toss up for second between Philly and Dallas, but for some reason, dallas seems poised to do some dumb shit and end up last in the division

30. BARPAN Says:

July 24th, 2009 at 11:37 am
    The Barneys PatenT leather perforarated holes chucks >

^^^^^^^^
    dam …cant ever front on perforated ,just lookd that up..def a must have …i wonder if i could get that converse patch off?…

31. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

Go back and read some old jawns . LMAO *daps*. YO I bought the domain fuxandsucks.com but I never launched it. Hey I ate didnner with Jesus Thongs last night, no shenanigans though

32. baby jesus Says:

“Alright might have to check that out”

*dead*

33. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

Ok Wavy those are fire

34. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# Troyvul Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am

Where the fuck is that spitta X curren$y mixtape

Aint that the same person?

35. Most_Incredible! Says:

Word is run this town was originally intended and composed using Auto tune on the hook until doa that is

36. PHENOMENON Says:

I just got through listening to “Run This Town” in the headphones.

after a few listens I threw my MP3 on the floor and said to myself. . .

“This song sucks, Sorry.”

When I heard jay say lines from the song to Tim Westwood I was expecting a hot song with bounce.

1] Jay’s voice is too low on the track

2] His verses are too short.

3] He didn’t go in.

4] And Rhianna’s crooning is annoying. [the main reason why I turned of my MP3, I couldn’t take the ear rape]

DOA > ___________.

37. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Mr. Hannukah Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:42 am

*wears mommy jeans and all-white reebok walking shoes with no scuffs*

*makes frequest trips to home depot*

*gardens*

Aww! Congratulations, Chea!

Blessings to your family…

38. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

*daps chea* congrats

39. Ghost Writer Says:

The Shot Clock aka Guns is me Says:

July 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am
    where my dawgs at?

grrrrrrrrr….

arf! arf!

WHAT!

40. Big_seth Says:

# Aram “Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug” aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:41 am

hate that the black ones have that faggoty ass gold tounge

LMAO. niggas that claim sets & ask you if you do >>>>>

unless they want beef… that shit sucks.

41. BARPAN Says:

baby jesus Says:

July 24th, 2009 at 11:43 am
    link them YSL’s I think i saw them at Saks navy blue. HATED IT (c)Damon Wayans

i think barp was refferin to these and theyre fuego

tinyurl.com/4ealkg

^^^^^^

Yep… copd last summer n still rockem from time to time…

42. Beezy aka Runs Like Kenya, Diamonds Like Mozambique Says:

oh shit, Hov is headlining All Points West

im in there like swimwear

43. ELECTROGREMLIN_cs88 Says:

*waits for 50 to write song about nas*
    “shes makes more money off your deal then YOU”

44. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Geronimo P Says:
    July 24th, 2009 at 11:44 am

Well in that case …The Eagles will take the NFC East.

Training Camp on Sunday! Oww!

45. baby jesus Says:

Yep… copd last summer n still rockem from time to time…

^samsies
    and i got the regular black leather joints no patent. they go hard in every color

46. Troyvul Says:

Aint that the same person?

*Takes L*

*Fixed* Khalifa X Spitta mixtape

47. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

LF, but these days, rap parodies (Biggest C.O., ol’ boy from Wildin’ Out as Drake on that freestyle jawn)>>>>actual rap songs

48. Mr. Hannukah Says:

thanks cici and fux, word up though i’m a bit apprehensive, two babies is a lot to handle

ONE NECK TWO CHAINS ONE WHIP TWO BABY SEATS

49. Ya Mutha Says:

Misleading title.

50. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***rocks timbs with the toes cut out on the beach***(none)

51. ELECTROGREMLIN_cs88 Says:

52. Beezy aka Runs Like Kenya, Diamonds Like Mozambique Says:

^samsies

>>I want a nah copyright on this too

53. baby jesus Says:

I want a nah copyright on this too

my bad bro.

*pays homage*

54. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***sittin in my Range Rover, listening to the same Hova***

55. Mr. Hannukah Says:

icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

July 24th, 2009 at 11:51 am
    ***rocks timbs with the toes cut out on the beach***(none)

DEAD

in college i was the timberland don

i rocked them :

-to the gym whilst lifting weights
    -on the tennis court while practicing my ground strokes [||]
    -to and from the shower as if they were shower flip flops [||]
    -with pajamas to make bootie calls (i.e. wife beater and sweats)
    -with a suit (that was just an experiment)
    -with every outfit

i had the butters and the cinammon jawns – plus a couple of the hiking ones

56. baby jesus Says:

worldstar fell the fuck off

57. Mr. Hannukah Says:

yo i need nah copyrights on everything from “maksh b” to “broffle” – a nicca invented so much NR spelling shwag i lost count.

58. baby jesus Says:

its a shame cause once upon a time wshh was the goat

59. Aram "Mr. Coke is a Popular Drug" aka Alfable Alpaca aka Congenial Complexion Says:

sitting in my truck listening to Young Buck

60. Hoskins Says:

Nas has to avoid rap beef, Imagine the ammo if someone like 50 went in. Features and daps with any/all artists

61. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

-with a suit (that was just an experiment)

***Dies***

62. Da Says:

i wanna see Eve in that “hard” element too. get it?

63. icon (trillbert arenas) Says:

***sittin in a taxi, listening to Black Sheep***

64. BabyDoll Says:

it ain’t what you got, it’s the hublot! ©Swizzy

65. BabyDoll Says: