Video: Wale Interview w/ RubyHornet

Chicago’s RubyHornet gets 6 Minutes with Mr. Folarin. [||]

We caught up with Wale while he was in Chicago last week for a Sprite Green event. Wale performed with UCB and our homie Willy Joy. Before his performance, he spoke with us about being labeled a new artist, reaching Madonna’s target base, what’s in his headphones, and finishing his official debut album.

Previously: Wale & Mikkey Halsted Live Performances (Video)

21 Responses to “Video: Wale Interview w/ RubyHornet”

1. b-ease Says:

I never heard Back to the Feature. I lost. Still,

Mixtape About Nothing >>>>

2. FUPM618 Says:

I never heard Back to the Feature. I lost. Still,

Mixtape About Nothing >>>>

^^^Every time i start listening to btf i never get past the 2nd track. Co-sign mixtape about nothing is dope

3. FUPM618 Says:

I need to know the verdict on that twista album. I wasn’t feeling his last album at all

4. CiCi The Intern Says:

Northside Montgomery County, Maryland STAND UP!

I need Jay Elec’s WHOLE body of work (nh). Anyone? Bueller?

6. Nanyanen Says:

sign up for my website. i’ll pay you 25 dollars. ahahagahaha.

that was his plan to beat nah right by Sept? gtfoh.

7. jimmy valentime Says:

Anybody heard look up in the stars by wale and cudi?

Cudi spazed on that shit…

8. b-ease Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Northside Montgomery County, Maryland STAND UP!

Isnt that where both of y’all niggas is from, lol?

9. b-ease Says:

Doom > Jay Elec

Watchin’ this Ambrosius vid.

Nubian women w/ British accents is one of my GOAT aphrodisiacs.

11. b-ease Says:

# FUPM618 Says:
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Considering the single is a remake of an earlier song of his, the creative well is clearly running dry. I wouldnt have high hopes, but still

the first Adrenaline Rush >>>>>

12. FUPM618 Says:

I need Jay Elec’s WHOLE body of work (nh). Anyone? Bueller?

^^^meet mr me 2

13. Brodie Says:

Yeah, Mixtape About Nothing>>>>
    , but Baxck To The Feature is still dope. like the joint he got with J. Cole and Curren$y, Say It Again w/ Royce, New Soul, Goodbye w/ Jean Grae etc.

14. b-ease Says:

Nubian women w/ British accents

There’s literally nothing sexier.

15. CiCi The Intern Says:

# b-ease Says:
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:52 pm

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Northside Montgomery County, Maryland STAND UP!

Isnt that where both of y’all niggas is from, lol?

Damn right. Gaithersburg-Rockville-Germantown, Rt. 124, Bitches!

Wale isn’t as forthright to claim that though. It’s take away from his DMV “street cred”.

16. Brodie Says:

I know I don’t post much, but i been a long time lurker for about a year and a half. can my posts get out of awaiting moderation?

# b-ease Says:
    July 14th, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Nubian women w/ British accents

There’s literally nothing sexier.

^I’m thinkin’ there has some to be a few of ’em spread out in DC. And by golly I need to find ’em.

18. NovemberEnd aka Respect The Architect Never Test The Elohim Says:

D. Billz Says:

July 14th, 2009 at 6:51 pm
    I need Jay Elec’s WHOLE body of work (nh). Anyone? Bueller?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you’ll have to find the rest of his songs on youtube

19. Nanyanen Says:

doom’s avant-garde status is overrated. anyone can throw crazy words and concepts into their rhymes. but can they make it make sense or make it relevant? not DOOM.

shot a torpedo at a frog’s feet. neato.
    walked around San Bernadino with a mosquito on a dog’s leash.

See, even I can write that nonsense.

*dapz Bease, FUPM, Ci*

21. DeHere Says:

I don’t trust that Wale guy….an Ethiopian chick I used to date told me that Nigerians are like the “evil” Africans…