Video: Drake Interview w/ DJ Whoo Kid

They speak for about 17 minutes on a wide-range of topics:

Drake sat down at the Sirius studios with DJ Whoo Kid to discuss his new deal with Lil Wayne’s Young Money, the story behind the concept for his “Best I Ever Had” video, the importance of uplifting his hometown of Toronto, his upcoming album and work with Jay-Z, Jeezy, Mary J. Blige and more.

Do Drake and Kanye really get along? Will he be doing a reality show? What is Drake’s idea of a quality night out with a lady? Why do men benefit from his music? How is he coping with fame and money? Who are Drake’s favorite rappers?

Whoo Kid was firing a few shots at Chris Breezy for him too. He also mentions Montreal a few times which is always a good look.

Previously: Curtis’ Thoughts on Drake’s Buzz (Video)

33 Responses to “Video: Drake Interview w/ DJ Whoo Kid”

1. dominica Says:

ride like nothing happened… don’t let bitches see you sweat

2. Geronimo P Says:

I feel bad right now.

Last night my ex & my best friend (a female) got into it. I ended up taking my friend side, but I still got feelings for my ex, I hate when my heart over powers my brain. And my homegirl was in the wrong.

Shit. Should I call shorty and apologize for what happen, or just let it breathe for a few days & let things work themself out?

^Why’d you get involved in the first place… And since neither of them are your girl, you should have taken up for the one that was right

3. dominica Says:

next time fall back and don’t get involved/pick sides

4. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

*turns up ONE*

5. dominica Says:

knew we cdnt go a day w/o a Drake post….

6. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I gave him a traditional African Name “OJ”

*black woman voice*

OOOOOOOOH HELL NAH

7. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

you should have taken up for the one that was right
    ^^^^^
    THIS

8. CiCi The Intern Says:

protectyaneck Says:
    July 9th, 2009 at 1:48 pm
    i’m a huge ghostface fan, but i am not looking forward to this whatsoever

CiCi The Intern Says:
    July 9th, 2009 at 1:48 pm
    So fucking excited for this. Giggity.

the difference between men & women

SMH.

9. dominica Says:

that Jew is a liar
    he was signed for months
    they just wanted to build some buzz on him
    i’m no curtis fan
    but i think he was correct when he said that
    Aubrey had a machine/label behind him & pushing him

10. Harlem World Says:

Mya>>>

11. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Pac Div – Whiplash (DJ Semtex Tags)

^^^^^
    somebody please up this for me in something other than zshare

PAC DIV PAC DIV

12. Harlem World Says:

# dominica Says:
    July 9th, 2009 at 1:58 pm

that Jew is a liar
    he was signed for months
    they just wanted to build some buzz on him
    i’m no curtis fan
    but i think he was correct when he said that
    Aubrey had a machine/label behind him & pushing him

Co-Signs

13. Joe 88 Says:

>>>Why’d you get involved in the first place… And since neither of them are your girl, you should have taken up for the one that was right

^shit happen so fast man, only if I could see my facial expression, I know it was priceless, on some mike myers shit when kanye dropped the bush line. I got involved cause I care about both of them, they don’t have to like each other, but I don’t wanna be the reason why they hate each other. This shit been going on for 2 long, my homegirl don’t like no girl I talk 2, except the ones I don’t like. I gotta lay down some ground rules to my homegirl

>ride like nothing happened… don’t let bitches see you sweat

^ I would if I was that type of nigga, but i’m not, the guilt is killing me right now, but I have nothing to be guilty about, but you know females, it’s gonna end up being my fault if I did or didn’t have nothing to do with it

14. Guns Is Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

*daps fux*

i went in on the gilt invites today.

15. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Yeah a reality show might be a good look. Like an upcoming artist trying to make big type steez. No making the band debauchery

16. dominica Says:

@ Farouq

Pac Div = http://www.mediafire.com/?ikwk15zjh2w

via 2db

17. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Guns Is Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

July 9th, 2009 at 2:00 pm
    *daps fux*

i went in on the gilt invites today.

yo You fired some off to people who copulate mad goods? thats a good look for you. They keep giving you 25bucks everytime they cop

18. dominica Says:

@ Farouq

Pac Div = mediafire.com/?ikwk15zjh2w

via 2db

19. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    July 9th, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Pac Div – Whiplash (DJ Semtex Tags)

^^^^^
    somebody please up this for me in something other than zshare

PAC DIV PAC DIV

I got you, Fux

20. Guns Is Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

everytime!? i thought it was just a one time thang!

WOOOOOOOOO!!

21. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

dominca good Looking. Youre a male or female? cuz its either daps or hugs.

Only nigga on here who goes hard for Pac div like i do is Cici

22. Cordial Cashmere Says:

let’s keep it cordial

23. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

PAP every fucking time. They might change it, but the day I got back from Puerto Rico I was sitting with 150 dollars in credits. WOOOOOOO

24. dominica Says:

daps @ farouq

25. Cordial Cashmere Says:

btw on the shtrenf i completely shwagger jacket my new shwag from fux (as always), so much props to the funniest cat i know

*passes mario lopez the rock*

*hollers at the doritos girl*

26. CiCi The Intern Says:

Nevermind, then lol

27. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*daps Cordial Chea*

YO Chea so I figure when I have a son I am going to name him Bilal-Chea. on the strength

28. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

NOBODY SPITS AS NICE as the TRIOKA of LIKE MIBBS And BEYOUNG. they all go hard as fuck. Not even Slaughtahouse. I swear to god. Cuz Buggens always is going to suck ass

29. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    July 9th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

dominca good Looking. Youre a male or female? cuz its either daps or hugs.

Only nigga on here who goes hard for Pac div like i do is Cici

LOL! You know it.

30. Mag Says:

Some fuckery going on in Alsip Illinois

31. Mag Says:

Fucking Grave robbers

32. gid up Says:

Someone tell me where i can buy those glasses

33. Dizzy D Says:

DRAKE is on TOTAL CLUB HITS 3 with I’m Still Fly. IN STORES NOW!