Video: Dungeon Family VIBE Cover Shoot (Behind The Scenes)

Back in June when twitpics of the shoot for a planned two-part feature started leaking out, Maurice Garland reached out to Spree Wilson for the only flipcam footage allowed at the shoot.

He was told to keep it private until the release of the issue. Since that exclusivity doesn’t mean much anymore, Maurice is putting it out now.

df1
click to enlarge; Credit: Linda Hobbs (the author)

32 Responses to “Video: Dungeon Family VIBE Cover Shoot (Behind The Scenes)”

1. V.I Says:

SHUT UP SMEAR

2. FaMs! Says:

Smear Says:

July 3rd, 2009 at 11:06 am

Nah bruh, when i open it up its just the one track, “I Miss U”…… you tryin to tell me something? nevermind. lol

____________________________

3. Smear Says:

The ARTISTS pictured above should make the current crop of ATLiens fuckin ashamed of themselves…… no BoB…………
    and no shots at Gucci.

4. V.I Says:

PRIMATE NIGGA

5. Smear Says:

Relax V.I, its just not that serious.

6. b-ease Says:

Dungeon Family >>>>>>>

Organized Noize >>>>>

Goodie Mob >>>>>>

Coolbreeze >>>>>>>

And of course, OutKast >>>>>>>

7. V.I Says:

OK SMEAR I RETRACT

8. Boos Bigelow Says:

Lol at nahright cats predicting drake’s career is over because of that bet performance.

9. V.I Says:

like a rectal opening (nh)

10. V.I Says:

nahmean, i mean 2pac got named a rapist and he still skyrocketed his career

11. Danielson a.k.a. My Blog Game Proper™ Says:

OK SMEAR I RETRACT

pause pause pause pause pause

12. b-ease Says:

That performance was a really, really bad look. It captured what I noticed when the Every Girl vid leaked a couple months ago. Dude doesnt have the “eye of the tiger” so to speak (pause). Charisma at negative 100 thousand, trillion.

Now, I’m not suggesting the performance was the nail in the proverbial coffin, but it damn sure hurt.

13. nirun Says:

kanye = music video director fail

14. b-ease Says:

nahmean, i mean 2pac got named a rapist and he still skyrocketed his career

*blank stare*

How does being falsely accused of rape (if you let the average hiphop fan tell it) compare with a shitty performance on what is supposed to be your first real major look to the world at large?? Answer? It doesnt.

15. secondbest21 Says:

Boos Bigelow Says:

^^^^ i wouldn’t say it’s over, but i will say just watch the difference in the SFG cd and this next shit he drops. i predict this guy is going to go LL on us and push away his original fan base (which is the usual move when rappers’ fan baseswitches to mostly females, ie. 50 cent).

16. V.I Says:

nahmean, i mean 2pac got named a rapist and he still skyrocketed his career

*blank stare*

^^^^^^

i just mean, in comparison this performance was nothing to be shocked at really

theres alotta worse things he cuda done das all

17. Smear Says:

# V.I Says:
    July 3rd, 2009 at 11:13 am

PRIMATE NIGGA
    ^^lol
    *beats hairy chest*(nullus)…
    *violates Naomi Watts*

18. b-ease Says:

nirun Says:

July 3rd, 2009 at 11:22 am
    kanye = music video director fail

I wouldnt say that. From a purely technical aspect, the vid is kind of dope. The tracking shots, cinematography, and actual dope use of slow motion are all testaments to Kanye’s directing ability. Now, the actual content of the video is another story. But since I don’t know how involved Kanye was in the treatment, I can’t call it.

19. Boos Bigelow Says:

# b-ease Says:
    July 3rd, 2009 at 11:21 am

____________________________________________________________

hurt what?

20. FaMs! Says:

Boos Bigelow Says:

July 3rd, 2009 at 11:19 am
    _____________________________

I wouldn’t say over but I will say it would be best if kid relax until the Fall…too many spills back to back (none) is not a good look

21. b-ease Says:

i just mean, in comparison this performance was nothing to be shocked at really

Even past the little girls, it was a just a really shitty job from a performance standpoint.

22. b-ease Says:

hurt what?

His buzz. Stay close.

23. V.I Says:

*violates Naomi Watts*

LOL!!

i like using the word violate when speaking about sexing

like “i violated her being…”

24. Boos Bigelow Says:

# FaMs! Says:
    July 3rd, 2009 at 11:28 am

Boos Bigelow Says:

July 3rd, 2009 at 11:19 am
    _____________________________

_________________________________________________________

relax on making music and doing shows?

25. Smear Says:

Fams that GIF is fucking priceless.

Cam’s Facial expressions (nh) >>>>
    (c)the True cover

26. Boos Bigelow Says:

# b-ease Says:
    July 3rd, 2009 at 11:30 am

hurt what?

His buzz. Stay close.
    _____________________________________________________

So whats the real world saying about his buzz?

27. b-ease Says:

So whats the real world saying about his buzz?

The “real world” is saying that his perfomance sucked and that his video is sexist.

28. Boos Bigelow Says:

# b-ease Says:
    July 3rd, 2009 at 11:35 am

So whats the real world saying about his buzz?

_____________________________________________________________

so how’s that hurting his buzz?

29. FaMs! Says:

i43.tinypic.com/2qs9egx.gif

^^^Drake’s best bet as of today

30. I AM GERALD SALUTI Says:

hurt what?

His buzz. Stay close.
    _____________________________________________________

So whats the real world saying about his buzz?

This. Nahggers are like the illuminati of the hiphop world.

31. dogg91702 Says:

Was the article written? Man, if it was written I have to read it. I remember when Outkast came out, I heard Players Ball one night on The Wake Up Show out hear in Cali when I was in 6th grade. I was looking everywhere to find it, the album didn’t come out till a while later. That album was killer, then later the Goodie Mob’s soul food and I always bumped that jam from Higher Learning Phobia by Outkast Woooo!!!

32. DJACK Says:

Why hast Andre 3000 and Cee Lo done a whole cd together??? or is it an ego thing ex Nas-AZ, Nas -Jayz