Video: Drake – BET Awards ’09 Post-show Interview

via Yardie

drake-twitter

66 Responses to “Video: Drake – BET Awards ’09 Post-show Interview”

1. The Watcherz Says:

ED Lover said Def Jam said they were pulling all their artist off the show if Breezy performed.
    I find that alil extreme. Its like the ep of degrassi when the nerd kid put this chick in a coma and the whole school was like banning the kid and end up shooting drake. Do anyone see the whats happening?? lol

2. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

What’s this Jay kept Chris B from performing last night….explain…

jay’s not on the jam, though.

3. Stryfe Says:

You’ll be doing the world a favor if you jump off a cliff Wile E. Cayote style. Kill ya’self.

4. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

twitter.com/ToureX/status/2388315097

never expected this from this nigga, but he’s definitely earned my respect!!

5. The Watcherz Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:03 am
    What’s this Jay kept Chris B from performing last night….explain…

jay’s not on the jam, though.

he still got pull in the office tho

6. CiCi The Intern Says:

# D_block_4_life Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:57 am

Allegedly, Jay threatened to pull out of the show at the last minute if Chris performed last night.
    Reallyyyy? Wow, interesting…how do you feel about that?

I look at it like this: Remember as a kid, when you would get into trouble at school and you wouldn’t be allowed to do certain things at home like watch TV, play your video games, play with your friends, etc? Punishment? Chris just admitted publicly that he assaulted that girl, therefore I don’t think he deserved to perform at an event like this. Punishment.

As for whether Jay’s move was appropriate. We know how Jay feels about RiRi (platonic or otherwise lol). I’m not surprised he would pull that stunt.

7. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

The Watcherz Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:04 am
    Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:03 am
    What’s this Jay kept Chris B from performing last night….explain…

jay’s not on the jam, though.

he still got pull in the office tho

Shout Out Lyor Cohen
    *pulls out Star of David*

8. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

jay’s not on the jam, though.

he still got pull in the office tho

i know, but i’m saying. . . def jam saying they’d pull all their artists has no bearing on jiggaman.

9. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:04 am
    # D_block_4_life Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 10:57 am

Reallyyyy? Wow, interesting…how do you feel about that?

Yea, they could have done the show w/ Just Hov & The O’Jays

10. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:06 am

jay’s not on the jam, though.

he still got pull in the office tho

But it does on NeYo and he was like 78% of the Jackson tribute last night lol

11. TheCo!!inB Says:

shout out Hov for having a the OG TI driving him around in DOA…..i bet Jay got mad chinchilaguins too.

12. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:07 am
    # Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:06 am

jay’s not on the jam, though.

he still got pull in the office tho

But it does on NeYo and he was like 78% of the Jackson tribute last night lol

that niggas eyes are closer to his ears then his nose

13. Black Says:

Isn’t Rihanna on Def Jam? Maybe that’s why they did it.

14. D_block_4_life Says:

that niggas eyes are closer to his ears then his nose
    Im out

15. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i bet Jay got mad chinchilaguins too.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

collin, lemme swagger jack and cop a chinchilaguin. . . . please.

16. D_block_4_life Says:

Sidenote: i took 2 COLLOSAL shits within 2 hours of each other, that can’t be normal.

17. The Watcherz Says:

with this whole riri chris thing. Riri gonna make a killing off her next album all she has to make is like sum women empowerment type joint (but make really pop) and bam their goes a # 1 album for you. Def jam just has to time it perfectly.

18. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

# TheCo!!inB Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:11 am

LMAO. *daps Co!!in*

19. D_block_4_life Says:

@ Cici,

I understand your contention but i’m just surprised at the stance everyone is taking, whether it be merited or not. It’s all just like wow to me…like word Jay? I didn’t even know….

Granted this is all speculation though…

20. "A" Chick Le Fleur Says:

DRAKE DAY EVERYDAY!!

21. D_block_4_life Says:

It’s like people are selectively radical…*Shrugs*

22. Stryfe Says:

# D_block_4_life Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am

@ Cici,

Granted this is all speculation though…

^ Yeah I’ll need to hear it in audio before I start believin” any of that.

23. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

thatsweird.net/Pictures/thumbelina_smallest_horse.jpg

24. Jersey*made*me Says:

That Wanda and Shanene shit was hysterical.

Wanda said I know it’s Chris Brown baby,it won’t stop kicking me.LMAO.

25. CiCi The Intern Says:

# D_block_4_life Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:18 am

@ Cici,

Granted this is all speculation though…

Right. If Jay did do this, my respect for dude grows a little. But then you have to wonder why Jay picks this battle but doesn’t defend anybody else publicly like that.

26. Jersey*made*me Says:

“A” Chick Le Fleur Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:19 am
    DRAKE DAY EVERYDAY!!
    No-sign.Drake failed his first major test miserably.And that gear he had on was wack as fuck,smgdh.

27. Stryfe Says:

He made a mistake. He should have been smarter about it. So whatever consequences come his way is well deserved. I swear to God if I become rich I wouldn’t do any mistakes half of these clowns make… like fish in the middle of the fucking ocean on a small boat when I can afford a Yacht. SMH…

28. The Watcherz Says:

whoa whoa. with all the ill shit in the industry who the fuck is the music industry or bet or def jam at that to decide who they want to punish. The music industry is grimey-ist industry ever. Chris had a big year musically so why shouldent he be look at musically. And wit this whole mj shit going on. Everyone like ” dnt mind his personal life just look at the music all that other stuff dnt matter” but why should chris breezy wait till he die for niggas to be off that shit he done and just reconize the music smh.

29. "A" Chick Le Fleur Says:

————–
    Just because you can’t afford or recognize a premium label does not automatically make it WACK.
    Just sit back and recognize the greatness.

30. Jersey*made*me Says:

@CiCi

She made Hov a lot of paper,gave him credibility as an exec,and probably jumped off.Who wouldn’t defend that?

31. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

do you even know what brand he was wearing?

i bet you doooooooooon’t. . . .

32. D_block_4_life Says:

Good point

33. Jersey*made*me Says:

“A” Chick Le Fleur Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:27 am
    ————–
    Just sit back and recognize the greatness.
    I know Polo.Get it?

34. Big Homie Says:

My realtor by the way whom I met this past weekend is really sexy. I can’t remember the last time I felt giggity over a white chick in person.

35. "A" Chick Le Fleur Says:

do you even know what brand he was wearing?

i bet you doooooooooon’t.
    ———————–
    Comme des Garcons Wool Cardigan

36. Stryfe Says:

Drake has nothing to say. His presence does not impact the music industry one way or another. His sound blends in with the rest of the crowd. His 15 minutes will pass.

*listens to Respiration [Blackstar feat. Common]*

37. V.I Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats expensive shit right there

drake gets it in!!

38. "A" Chick Le Fleur Says:

I know Polo.Get it?
    ———————
    Jersey ain’t been hott since Redman was poppin. You still there?

39. sleep AKA k'naan is my favorite new artist Says:

I just notice hov edit out flex and cee name from the video. I remember when they debuted the song they was thanking hov for mentioning their name and flex took a shot a kaled.

40. CiCi The Intern Says:

# D_block_4_life Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:28 am

Good point

I agree with that. But I guess because all of that Michael stuff is alleged…

41. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Comme des Garcons Wool Cardigan

POW!!

good shit, casket.

42. Jersey*made*me Says:

I know Polo.Get it?
    ———————
    Jersey ain’t been hott since Redman was poppin. You still there?

What you repping ATL?Ain’t nobody in ATL from there aand all yall motherfuckers are LAPD………………..Licking Ass Pussy and Dick,GTFOH.

43. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

lol, they gave madoff a buck 50. . . . good job.

44. London Bloke Says:

10:47am

U.S. District Judge Denny Chin says the federal probation department recommends that Bernard Madoff get 50 years in prison for a multibillion-dollar fraud scheme

45. Joey Profit$ Says:

What up Nah Righteers

*daps all*

46. V.I Says:

young money >>>> whole dungeon family > slaughter house

47. CiCi The Intern Says:

# London Bloke Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:37 am

10:47am

He’ll die in prison. Nice work.

48. Joey Profit$ Says:

London Bloke Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:37 am
    10:47am

That’s good – He probably gon be chillin in a Ritz Carlton type of jail cell.

49. Barbecue Tee Says:

Will Eskay, Nation or Dre put MJ back up top.
    I didn’t finish reading the comments.

*loves Michael Jackson*

50. London Bloke Says:

CiCi The Intern Says:

June 29th, 2009 at 11:38 am
    # London Bloke Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:37 am

10:47am

He’ll die in prison. Nice work.

10:59

Michael Schwartz, crying in court, who invested in the scheme to help his brother said: “My trust fund wasn’t for a house in the Hamptons, a yacht or Mets seats. Part of that money was for my brother who is mentally disabled … His jail cell should become his coffin.”

51. London Bloke Says:

That’s good – He probably gon be chillin in a Ritz Carlton type of jail cell.

to be fair 1 bedroom studio in Projects > Ritz Carlton type of jail cell.

52. Jersey*made*me Says:

*invests in blunt wrap scheme*

53. London Bloke Says:

” A Grand Forks mom pleads guilty in drunk breastfeeding case:

In an unusual case that’s received international attention, a Grand Forks mother who police say was “extremely intoxicated” while breastfeeding her 6-week-old pleaded guilty to child neglect Tuesday. ”

Only in America!

54. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# V.I Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:38 am

young money >>>> whole dungeon family > slaughter house

Young money artist: These girls is God’s gift like christmas…yawn

slaughterhouse artist: tell ya hoe to swallow 2 of these nuts and call us in the morning

55. moresickaMC Says:

50 Cent right now>>>>>>>>

respect it or check it

56. Joey Profit$ Says:

Will Eskay, Nation or Dre put MJ back up top.
    I didn’t finish reading the comments.

*loves Michael Jackson

If you go back you will see all my MJ song references in sentences lol

57. KingPoetic Says:

# Patrick Chewing Says:

This shit goes hard.. video is what you’d expect from thick lips (none). Duke needs to get a new hair cut, Lupe already (c) that shit!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pausing shit that’s actually gay doesn’t count, it’s like saying I don’t mean to be rude but…, that person’s still rude, and you’re still gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that

58. V.I Says:

skateboard p “take two of these and call me in the morning”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

str8 gangsta

59. TheCo!!inB Says:

*watches chinchilaguin waddle into man made pond*
    *sets out salmon croquets by ponds edge*
    *watches chinchilaguin ball hard on sucker ducks*

60. mashout36 Says:

I thought Khaled was in a pitbull dj?

61. mashout36 Says:

edit* was a

62. killakate Says:

Again, who gives a fuck about Drake. I love this site but these Drake posts are really becoming annoying.

63. Slim Says:

^^^^^^
    Wow. Great point.

64. DeepVision Says:

^^^^^^
    Wow. Great point.

^^^^^^^

definitely. BET was already slacking in my book, but now I look at BET the same way I look at the radio and MTV; just a machine, designed to make and break artists and suck $$$ out of the fans. All while feeding the masses a constant stream of HOT GARBAGE (that phrase accurately describes most popular music today).

65. DeepVision Says:

# V.I Says:
    June 29th, 2009 at 11:38 am

young money >>>> whole dungeon family > slaughter house

^^^^^^^

If you think that statement is anywhere near true, then you should stop smoking crack cocaine. It impairs your judgement.
    in my humble opinion….
    Outkast and Goodie Mob’s 1st Album >>>>>Wu-Tang>>>>> BTNH>>>>>>slaughterhouse (so far, seeing as they haven’t even dropped their 1st joint yet)>>>>(like 20 rap groups who don’t get airplay and promotion)>>>>> The Hot Boys (yung $ b4 there was yung$)>>>>>The alkaholiks>>>>>NWA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yung Money

66. Sliggitay Says:

post-show interview or post-show blowjob?