Lupe Fiasco’s Shining Down Single Cover

lupe-fiasco-shining-down

According to Amazon, the single will drop on July 7th. [via lupEND]

The final version isn’t that different from the leak some of you may have heard already. Matthew Santos’ chorus is a bit altered now and some of the instrumentation behind Lupe’s words are less extravagent. It’s a bit toned down from the original version but it’s still a very solid track.

Previously: Lupe Fiasco’s Website Updated with LASERS Theme

30 Responses to “Lupe Fiasco’s Shining Down Single Cover”

1. D_block_4_life Says:

Good to hear..

2. Joe 88 Says:

R.I.P Mike

I’m really still shocked

3. Big_seth Says:

LUPE!!

nice kerning.

4. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

*moonwalks*

5. nation Says:

LASERS

6. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

has Obama said something yet? Bush would have said something…

7. A tribe called quest aka The Latin Teddy Ruxpin Says:

If weezy died 2 things would happen.

2. More ‘fans’ would come out the woodwork.

Just like this MJ fiasco, dude died everyone wants to forget the molestation and the wierdness.

8. sean coonery Says:

If Wayne died that would be crazy. I really hope Wayne doesnt died.

9. Big_seth Says:

# SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    June 26th, 2009 at 11:55 am

has Obama said something yet? Bush would have said something…

If he don’t make a statement in the next few hours I will continue to think the government killed him after they ruined his career because of his influence. That nigga literally had over 20 million fans… thats more fans than America has.

10. sean coonery Says:

John Lennon’s Death > Michael Jackson’s death

11. Joe 88 Says:

Yo, niggas is going ape shit over at youtube in the comment section of all of michael jackson videos, all of them, I watched like 13 videos already & niggas is leaving comments like 2 seconds before I click the video

12. nestle snipes Says:

Are the kids that Michael Jackson molested mourning his death also?

13. Big_seth Says:

# A tribe called quest aka The Latin Teddy Ruxpin Says:

after someone like him dies we all start to realize that he was taken for granted. People pushed him to be wacko, & I never thought he touched those kids.

He did steal those babies though. LOL.

he sang about love & peace & sold it all over the world. He made people have hope & be positive. That’s more than almost any one on this earth could EVER say. It may have been corny, but he did have a big influence on people & he made people happy.

14. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

sean coonery Says:

June 26th, 2009 at 11:57 am
    John Lennon’s Death > Michael Jackson’s death

he was a Slave to Mike Jack, nigga had the beatles Cata.in a headlock.

15. nestle snipes Says:

I respect his music, I enjoyed his music.

But as man, he was a sick individual, a weirdo, a freak, a nutjob.

He took the innocence of those children. Fucking pedophile

16. Joe 88 Says:

^niggas act like they was in the bed when he so called molested these lil mofo’s, he was weird, but who am I to judge? I wasn’t there, so I can’t say he did, or didn’t but I didn’t listen to his music because he camped out with children, I listen cause his shit was hot.

And I hate when niggas wanna be debbie downers when everyone else is feeling a certain type of way, let that nigga rest & shut your mouth

17. PHENOMENON Says:

V.I Says:
    June 26th, 2009 at 11:42 am

IMAGINE IF LIL WAYNE DIED TOMORROW

THAT WOULD CAUSE GLOBAL UPROAR.

^ ^
    **Is cheered up by a V.I.’s jest.

18. Big_seth Says:

# SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    he was a Slave to Mike Jack, nigga had the beatles Cata.in a headlock.

wasn’t he selling it before he passed. To help hiim get out of debt?

I heard he sold it.

19. Joe 88 Says:

nestle snipes Says:
    June 26th, 2009 at 11:59 am
    Are the kids that Michael Jackson molested mourning his death also?

^I don’t know, are you mourning hootie?

20. G7 Says:

nice cover. simple, basic, to the point. n/h

21. nation Says:

>> 1. Nate and dre would have a legitimate reason to post Drakes every emotion and reaction.

really tribe? is that how you feel?

22. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Big_seth Says:

June 26th, 2009 at 12:02 pm
    # SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    he was a Slave to Mike Jack, nigga had the beatles Cata.in a headlock.

wasn’t he selling it before he passed. To help hiim get out of debt?

I heard he sold it.

naw, he sold a qt.to sony to help get out of debt & got a 500mill loan from BoA. its reported he still owned Half of the Cat.

23. G7 Says:

>>wasn’t he selling it before he passed. To help hiim get out of debt?

^that tour would have cured most of that debt real quick.

24. Big_seth Says:

cosign Joe88

Who the hell am I to judge his psychosis? We all know for a fact that the media feeds on negative shit, parents will use their kids to get money & the government lies to discredit people. He may have touched some kids, or maybe not. I was not there. The fact remains that he changed music forever.

I’ve felt that way before he passed.

25. Joe 88 Says:

I still want that shirt michael had on in the “beat it” video with the piano keys on it, shit was hot son

26. Big_seth Says:

& not only did he change music, he did it with nothing but positivity. He never sang a negative lyric in his life.

27. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

G7 Says:

June 26th, 2009 at 12:05 pm
    >>wasn’t he selling it before he passed. To help hiim get out of debt?

^that tour would have cured most of that debt real quick.

yea, and he was insured just before, so all the bases are covered, no one will loose money.

28. Da Says:

wow, that album cover is fucking creative

29. Big_seth Says:

# Da Says:
    June 26th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

wow, that album cover is fucking creative

you obviously have no artistic sensibilities. That type is perfectly layed out.

30. Levi Lorenz Says:

Nestle Snipes. Shut up. Please yo. I think everything I have ever read by you is plain pointless. Word