Video: Maino – Up Close & Personal (S02E01): A Decade Pt. 2

Maino’s If Tomorrow Comes… drops June 30th.

Previously: Part 1

42 Responses to “Video: Maino – Up Close & Personal (S02E01): A Decade Pt. 2”

1. Joe 88 Says:

nahright.com/2008/09/13/dont-watch-me-watch-tv-9/#comments

^Joe88 = KONR

2. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

Alchemist Interview w/ HHG

*cam voice*

this shit is hilarious

3. D_block_4_life Says:

Dre,

How would you rate the Fab album after a first rough listen? Better then From Nothin’ to Somethin’ (my personal fav Fab LP)

4. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

so fucking what? that don’t make him the king. common’s been in movies and commercials too. and a rapper mtv reality shouldnt even be brought up, they gave one to jamie kennedy remember.

ok homie, you jumpin all over the place. settle down for a second.

that comment was in reference to tip’s crossover appeal.

now, as far as him being king, you never offered a rebuttal [ll] to my comment about his consistency. until you do that, you’re argument is null and void.

welcome to the world of debating with adults.

5. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

P MILLER!

6. ( o )( o ) Says:

I will slap the shit out of you

7. D_block_4_life Says:

Lol @ Pap.

8. Seth Gueko Says:

Get Away Clean (1991) dope
    Mama’s Bad Boy (1992) dope
    The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me! (1994) dope
    99 Ways to Die (1995) dope
    Ice Cream Man (1996) classic
    Ghetto D (1997) ghetto dope as classic
    MP Da Last Don (1998) don dope
    Only God Can Judge Me (1999) dope

MASTER P.ERCY MILLER, NO LIMIT !
    BEST HUSTLER IN DA RAP GAME
    hottest 90’s south rapper
    top ten in dis coast
    forevuuuhhhhh

9. London Bloke Says:

You’re getting married? Hmm. Sorry about that.

It’s for the tax break.

10. FaMs! Says:

Dre Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 10:54 am
    Omg! wale did a collabo with lady gaga. do you understand how big that is when it comes to crossover.
    ____________________

Yes I understand how big it may “seem”…my girl is white and all I’ve heard in convo was quote unquote

“Lady Gaga’s rapping with some black guy”

11. Joe 88 Says:

This was meant for me, the sky is the limit,
    try to stop me in the sky you’ll be living
    a young nigga with stocks & percentage
    willing to knock em out of his socks & his tennis
    i’m a menace

12. London Bloke Says:

Are you just gonna hope that he remembers the rhymes when he comes out and then record them?

They got some crazy shit out. This is what I heard. It’s a rumor and don’t quote me on that but I heard that in jail, if you get pull, you can get paper and like a pencil or a pen. If you know people. P made a couple power moves and he got himself a hold of some paper and he wrote, don’t quote me, but he wrote things down on paper, physically, so there’s a good chance, don’t quote me, but there’s a good chance that he’ll still have them when he’s released.

13. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i never understood how doin commercials n shit was “sellin out” or “corporate whoring”

i swear, broke niggas get aggy when niggas don’t wanna be broke no more!!

14. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Maino = GOONhand Eastwood

15. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

B.O.B’s sample game is on fire

no-sign. I thought the sample selections were really unimaginative and straightforward…

who hasnt heard Pusherman before?

the mixtape sounds like a kid who just discovered his dad’s album collection

16. Dre Says:

Hey, you’re the one who went into that commercial crossover tangent.

I’m the first to admit Wayne fell off. He’s still the king.

17. Dre Says:

#

# FaMs! Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 11:00 am e

Dre Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 10:54 am
    ____________________

“Lady Gaga’s rapping with some black guy”
    __________________________________________________________

That was parodying Pap’s comment about T.I.+JT tracks, in case anybody is reading this late.

18. Big_seth Says:

Curren$y > Wayne

Rich Boy > Wayne

both them Clipse niggas > Wayne

I will say that wayne has a better imagination. He thinks of crazy things & experiments in his music a lot, but that doesn’t always mean its better. Its just different, & different does not equal greatness.

19. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 11:02 am

i swear, broke niggas get aggy when niggas don’t wanna be broke no more!!

for Mr. Concious Rapper himself, there is somthn especially hypocritical about turnin the video for a song like “Be” into a Nike commercial…

and do people act like being branded is the only way to get paid.

20. FaMs! Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 11:02 am

i swear, broke niggas get aggy when niggas don’t wanna be broke no more!!
    ________________________________

Word Co-Sign…the amount of ignorance that goes into even saying that and “entertainer” is a sell-out is worth being slap with the strenght of a gorilla in rage

21. Dre Says:

# Big_seth Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 11:04 am e

Curren$y > Wayne

Rich Boy > Wayne

both them Clipse niggas > Wayne

_________________________________

see now you’re gonna turn this into a reverse “Meth vs Budden”

22. FaMs! Says:

what if it became cool to act white and nerdy and learn stocks and economics? would there still be a ghetto?

23. D_block_4_life Says:

Dre,

Good lookin on answering my question.

24. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i swear, if i held my breath until dre gave me ONE legit reason as to why wayne is the king, i’d be fuckin dead by now!!

fuck it, i’ll say this:

if it wasn’t for drake, wayne would probably have been pushed waaaaaaaaay back in the minds of niggas by now!!

drake saved that nigga.

25. Big_seth Says:

# Dre Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 11:06 am

# Big_seth Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 11:04 am e

Curren$y > Wayne

Rich Boy > Wayne

both them Clipse niggas > Wayne

_________________________________

see now you’re gonna turn this into a reverse “Meth vs Budden”

Maybe the younger two are far fetched, but The Clipse def have more classics than Wayne. Like I said he has more conceptual songs than the others, but he was never that great IMO.

26. FaMs! Says:

Amp vs. Beezy? bwahahhaa, no fronting the day Amp gets exposed will be a day to witness on Nah Right. Son is something else (no shots)

27. Boos Bigelow Says:

1. wayne
    2. tip
    2. Jeezy
    4. Ross
    5. Gucci
    6. soulja boy
    7. Juice man

28. ( o )( o ) Says:

Dre,

Good lookin on answering my question.

^ LOL

I forgot who in here commented “Oh so none of ya’ll going to answer my questions”? I think it was plug, but I maybe be wrong.

29. Dre Says:

We only heard 30min so I’m not passing judgement on it.

30. Boosie Says:

1. wayne
    2. tip
    2. Jeezy
    4. Ross
    5. Gucci
    6. soulja boy
    7. Juice man

x-factor- 3k…can rap better than all these niggas but not really in that discussion…

31. FaMs! Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 11:09 am

fuck it, i’ll say this:

drake saved that nigga.

_______________________________________

*Drops FunkMaster Flex Bombs and sirens*

32. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

FaMs! Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 11:08 am

shit, that IS cool.
    *goes to ray catena, orders 2010 AMG S-Class Coupe*
    *whips off, plays New Drake*
    *sees gang of blacks whipup alongside*
    *turns down music*
    *locks doors, closes sunroof, watches rearviews*
    *lets them whipoff first*
    *turns music back up*

33. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

explain

34. Kell-El Says:

The ice on my wrist shine like a light
    Brightens up yo day
    Even at night

35. Boosie Says:

wayne is currently the “the best” “god” king right now, but t.i. is a close close second

36. Joey Profit$ Says: