Notorious B.I.G. @ The Palladium

RR’s B. Dot was at legendary photographer Jonathan Mannion’s exhibit opening last night in NYC and got the man himself to speak on these classic shots.

The exhibit is at Milk Gallery (450 W 15th St) and runs until July 11th.

More vids after the jump.

Get Familiar: Jonathan Mannion Talks To MTV About Classic Shoots With Jay-Z, Eminem, Lil Wayne, etc

Jay-Z’s Hard Knock Life Outtake

Fat Joe Comes Through To Support Jonathan

85 Responses to “Video: Jonathan Mannion’s Milk Gallery Exhibit (Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Fat Joe)”

1. Bomber Says:

John Allen Mohamed etc

^^^^^^^^^^^

smfh@ serial killers taking the weekends off, I guess that sniping shit started off fun , but turned into a 9 to 5 to them niggas

2. Beezy Says:

killing is so routine to me now…its like a chore

I used to find it exhilerating

3. Joe 88 Says:

SMFH

4. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

*Listens to Rich Boy “let’s get this paper”*

one of my favorite songs of ALL time.

5. Joe 88 Says:

My nigga surviving 5 shots (not pac) >

6. Big_seth Says:

# Beezy Says:
    yeah Fux is right…strangling is the gulliest shit of all time.

Bare Hands > Rope or electrical cords

This is all true, but if you strangle someone with something disrespectful, its more gully.

ie. piano cords> bare hands
    yarn > bare hands
    red vine/ licorice > bare hands

7. Joe 88 Says:

amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=54076

8. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

Joe 88 Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 12:27 pm
    Me being a real nigga (I know it sounds stupid talking bout who you are on the net, but……….) it’s certain things I understand that nerds can never get, so I understand why you wouldn’t feel, or even agree about the shit I bring up, but it’s not ya’ll fault, we all have a different road to walk, but it’s no way you can expalin to me how pac wasn’t a bigger influence period than any rapper that ever breathe.

But hey, I fucks with all, the real, the clowns, etc, so your all welcome.

u makin a lot of assumptions right now, but that aside, ur still not arguing the point i made

Pac has had a greater influence overall, absolutely, but first off, most of it has been negative and the reason is that a large majority of his fans don’t know his whole story- how educated he was or the philosphies behind a lot of that persona. but i’ve said all this already

the fact remains that BIG was a more revolutionary EMCEE than Pac was. This CANNOT be disputed. and for that reason he is the GOAT.

you can go on and on about how u made a pilgrimage to the shack he used to live in and how he was the ghetto Jesus and all that but that is besides the point.

9. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

BiggieSmalls, the millionare, the mansion, the yacht

10. MacKenzie Brownoski Says:

“Today, I was riding on the back of my dad’s motorcycle. After a few minutes, the vibrations from the engine became way too much for me and I couldn’t control myself. I had such an intense orgasm, sitting right behind my father, with my arms around his waist. FML”

^^WOW!

^^WOW!

LMAO

15. Joe 88 Says:

N.ever I.gnorant G.etting G.oals A.ccompished

T.he H.ate U. G.ive L.ittle I.fants F.ucks E.veryone

16. B.Payton Says:

Great pictures. Im gonna try to check out the exhibit. Props for postin somethin refreshing as this I prolly wouldnt have even known about the exhibit

17. Beezy Says:

AMW Tipster Helps Detective Close Murder Case

^Joe why you post that AMW…you know dude…or you was the tipster? jk jk

18. Bomber Says:

Farts > Art

19. Big_seth Says:

# Bomber Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Farts > Art

This has to be the most ignorant comment ever posted here.

20. Joe 88 Says:

>Joe why you post that AMW…you know dude…or you was the tipster? jk jk

viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=865668&imageID=8071764

21. Beezy Says:

cant get on myspace @ the job…tinypic that joint

22. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i need to start a fuckin business!!!

but i have no idea what to start. . . . smh

23. Bomber Says:

# Bomber Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Farts > Art

This has to be the most ignorant comment ever posted here.

^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah because this is a highly intellectual place, where only the upper crust of the hip hop blog society dwell….fuck outta here

24. FaMs! Says:

__________________________

GATTTTTT

25. FANARTS Says:

FAN ARTS:

check those guys too:

And list is too long…

26. Beezy Says:

^*comments wearing ascot & cummerbun*

27. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

farrah fawcett just died, yall.

28. Big_seth Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    June 25th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

i need to start a fuckin business!!!

but i have no idea what to start. . . . smh

You can invest in my business. I’m gonna start up a design firm.

29. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

^*comments wearing ascot & cummerbun*

*beezys it up*

*comments wearing top hat and monocle*

*sips red wine*

*roffles in tuxedo*

30. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 12:49 pm
    farrah fawcett just died,
    the kicked out member of dystiny child

31. Beezy Says:

fun fact: I used to bang a broad who worked at a Tuxedo rental spot and she was an accesory to me getting 2 free joints. That was a great look…I’ll never forget her for that

32. ( o )( o ) Says:

This sons of bitches are taking a hour and 10 minutes to delivery my food?? They are definitely not gettin a tip

33. Big_seth Says:

# Bomber Says:

it was just such a general comment. What kind of art. Music is an art form, right?

photography, painting. It was just too general & made you look dumb. that’s all.

34. MacKenzie Brownoski Says:

farrah fawcett just died,
    the kicked out member of dystiny child

SMH @ fux for that one.

36. ( o )( o ) Says:

LMAO at Fux

37. Beezy Says:

Pap buy a tow truck and repoeing deadbeat people who cant pay their car payments

prob mad heads in that boat these days

PS – wear a bulletproof vest

38. Bomber Says:

^^^^^^^

Getting Tuxedos outta broads > Getting new shoes, and maybe a shirt.

Tuxes is some next level pimpin, Bishop Don Magic Juan is somewhere smiling!

39. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Yo I was kidding.

I know a nigga with a tow truck. He used to doo dirt i.e. just go up and pick up cars take them to Tijuana i.e. break those parts off that car make a new car. no snitching

40. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

some of thee older hoes lived a hard life. dying of taking all kinds of pain killers

41. Bomber Says:

# Bomber Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^

smFh @ niggas needing me to be more specific on :

Farts > Art joke.

Fine nigga

Farts > Martial arts

better?

42. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

and if anyone has a cogent argument for why BIG is not the best RAPPER of all time, let me know.

43. Parcitizen Says:

::daps all::

workin on music for these past few weeks…

Am I the only one who isn’t mystified by Biggie or Pac anymore. I mean no disrespect, but its almost like I’m over all the discussions about who’s better or who’s more influential. I went to the Live Juan Epstein joint last night, and part of me is like, “yo all this old school stuff that’s just before my time, i wanna re-create those moments today.” Not recreate literally, but its like no one cares about music today. Where are these moments and these revolutionary artists and these tales today??? Sorry for the short essay

44. Big_seth Says:

Bomber Says:

Getting Tuxedos outta broads > Getting new shoes, and maybe a shirt.

LOL

45. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

@ beezy

i don’t wanna die. the recession has made niggas crazy, and they’ll put two hollows in ya for their maxima.

i wanna start some kinda consulting business. . . . low start up costs, high value if you give good advice.

46. Bomber Says:

Most embarrassing moment ever for black people

47. R.J.Orion Says:

Judge Hatchett > Beyonce

48. Beezy Says:

^generally, people who are consultants have been in the industry they plan on advising for 25-30 years…Im afraid this is a little unrealistic…unless you find some teens who need consulting about how to wait in line for Yeezy’s

49. Big_seth Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    i wanna start some kinda consulting business

consulting what? Financial? Legal? hoes?

50. Parcitizen Says:

and for the sake of argument…strangling > extension cords, yarn, or whatever else can be used to choke a nigga. I kill niggaz wit my bare hands. my hands are my weapons.

51. R.J.Orion Says:

Lord Jamar > Tupac

52. Beezy Says:

to add a little degradation to the act of strangling, try stuffing a sock in the mouth of your victim

however, dont use your own for evidentiary reasons

53. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i wanna start some kinda consulting business

consulting what? Financial? Legal? hoes?

my degree is in marketing.

so i was thinking something with helping small businesses use social media to grow. . . but that’s kinda bein done to death.

54. Prince Says:

Big_seth Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 1:04 pm
    # Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    i wanna start some kinda consulting business

consulting what? Financial? Legal? hoes?

^yo a hoe consultant could work..
    what do u do when ya hoe aint satisfied wit McDonalds no more and she talkig bout apple bee’s?

55. From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece... Says:

don’t know if anyone has talked about this yet..

therapup.uproxx.com/2009/06/hurricane-chris-sets-black-music-back-500-years.html#more-17446

no words *dead*

56. Big_seth Says:

*pap’s it up*

*becomes a consultant*

*carries Jimmy Vanentine’s weed*

*is “fashion consultant”*

*cakes*

LOL

57. D_block_4_life Says:

J. cole < 2 pac

58. Beezy Says:

^apple bees is like .0000001% of a step-up from mcdonalds…be glad the bitch aint talkin Red Lobsta!

59. FaMs! Says:

Am I the only one that would pipe kate gosselin?

60. Big_seth Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    my degree is in marketing.

sounds like a good idea, but Beezy is probably right. You may need experience. If you an get clients though it doesn’t matter.

I would also like to stress to you that if you ever get into this consulting companies/ businesses on the importance of good design work.

61. R.J.Orion Says:

carbon monxide poisoning someone > strangling someone

62. R.J.Orion Says:

monoxide > monxide

63. Prince Says:

Beezy Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

^but for$12 we eating good at McDonalds, Apple bee’s thats like atleast $30, at that rate we eating 3 times a week LOL.. i was really joking i jus wanted to know what a hoe consultant would say

64. Bomber Says:

Chaining somebody in your basement and letting them die from old age > strangling them

65. Bomber Says:

Am I the only one that would pipe kate gosselin?

^^^^^^^^

Piping Kate = Child support times 8

66. Big_seth Says:

i was really joking i jus wanted to know what a hoe consultant would say

When I said it I was meaning a pimp.

Like consulting a bitch to go get that trick & on her way back she need to pick you up a 20 oz sunkist… & it better not be that fanta shit or I’ll consult the back of her head.

67. Beezy Says:

Pap take your example of small business and social media…any client you approach is going to say “whom have you consulted before, and give me examples of success you’ve created”

You might be able to get around that if you had a long track record of experience doing social media for larger firms, or even a small one…then you could discuss your accomplishments.

i.e.: “I worked at Target for 10 years and was the point person for launching their social media marketing campaign”

68. R.J.Orion Says:

thowing some electric hair clippers while they’re on, in someone’s bathwater while they’re bathing > strangling someone …

69. Prince Says:

Big_seth Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 1:14 pm
    i was really joking i jus wanted to know what a hoe consultant would say

When I said it I was meaning a pimp.

LMAO *Dead*

70. Beezy Says:

^if you want them to die of old age you’d have to feed them every day…that would be a 75yr commitment.

otherwise theyd dehydrate after 3 days, or starve after two weeks

71. Bomber Says:

saying mean things to someone > strangling someone

72. Beezy Says:

& it better not be that fanta shit or I’ll consult the back of her head.

^LMAO

73. R.J.Orion Says:

jonny flynn > ricky rubio > stephen curry

74. Brooklyn Strong Says:

(Notorious B.I.G, Jay Z, Fat Joe)
    hmmm One of these names does not belong here…..

One Of These Things (is Not Like The Others)
    One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn’t belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
    Did you guess which thing just doesn’t belong?
    If you guessed this one is not like the others,
    Then you’re absolutely…right! (c) Sesame Street

75. FaMs! Says:

From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece… Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm
    don’t know if anyone has talked about this yet..

no words *dead*
    ____________________________

*swan dives in pool of hot lava*

76. R.J.Orion Says:

Tyreke Evans > Gerald Henderson Jr > Demar Derozan

77. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

true, but that’s why you would start with small businesses.

you could grow their business EXPONENTIALLY, and then take those numbers to large businesses. . . .

78. R.J.Orion Says:

Hasheem Thabeet > you think

79. FaMs! Says:

From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece… Says:

June 25th, 2009 at 1:07 pm
    don’t know if anyone has talked about this yet..

no words *dead*
    ____________________________

*swan dives in pool of hot lava*

edit: Pinches nose and cannon ball’s in pool of lava

80. Big_seth Says:

Beezy Says:

LOL.

81. Bomber Says:

Thats what s so raw about it though, the level of commitment, think about it, you strangle somebody and you might regret it 2 mins later, to keep a niggas for 75 years? YOU WANT HIM DEAD!

*Pac voice in hit em up*

*Die slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow*

82. Big_seth Says:

pap,

I say if you get one decent client to start out with it could work well, but it might be difficult to find someone to trust you with their business without any experience.

83. Beezy Says:

true, but that’s why you would start with small businesses.

^small businesses are pretty cash strapped….do they even hire consultants? I would doubt it.

84. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: Jonathan Mannion on Lil Wayne’s Rebirth Cover Says:

[…] Don’t miss: Jonathan Mannion’s Milk Gallery Exhibit (Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Fat Joe) (Video) […]

85. Zach Wolfe Says: