Video: Tiye Phoenix Freestyle on Toca Tuesdays

This chick had a bunch of ads running on the site a week or so back, and I’m gonna be honest: I took one look at her name and assumed she was an R&B chick. Turns out she raps. And she’s got a little spit to her.

33 Responses to “Video: Tiye Phoenix Freestyle on Toca Tuesdays”

1. We Are Lasers Says:

ecstatic

2. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

*photoshops it up*

*makes eskay look taller*

pause

3. A tribe called quest aka The Latin Teddy Ruxpin Says:

This is definitely night shift material. This bitch has a face for radio

4. G7 Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:48 pm
    *wonders if jay electronica still makes music*

^ co-wonders

====
    seriously. big sean, cudi, daytona, drake, roth, khalifa, j.cole….none of these new nuggas can hold my attention. nh. only a few tracks here and there.

5. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

^^^^^^
    *cries* *turns up last track aka HAGLER*
    *waits for Naledge Mixtape which boast Jay Electronica feature*

7. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

# cOLD Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Big_seth aka photoshop swag. Don’t trust anything you see.

^ casketface photoshop game > big seth NO shots.

HELL YEAH that’s shots mayne. I would challenge any of you niggas in a photoshop duel. LOL

I promise I’ll stomp on casket’s elementary skills. I get paid to photoshop… that nigga got a gay hobby.

8. Harlem World Says:

Wheres Curren$y at? Anybody know?

9. kevKONGquistador Says:

for any of y’all lurkers in the Boston area…..

my lil homies Rawspillage and Blackargo Gang are opening for Lords of the Underground tonight @ Harpers Ferry.

if you eva been to a Leedz Entertainment show then you already know what it is. doors @ 8, tickets are $17 @ the door but if you check for the dude w/a red and black windbreaker on i got you for $10.

holla!

i’m out nahkis! uno.

^ word nah needs an interview section… Where the fuck is Jay e. whats he working on, is that badu poon really that ill.

11. herbal kint Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:48 pm
    *wonders if jay electronica still makes music*

^ co-wonders

…. * joins co-wonder revolution * …..

he is the one new guy who really could stand out on a GOAT level and is separated way above the others

12. kevKONGquistador Says:

oh…

click the screenname for more show details.

i’m gone.

13. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:48 pm
    *wonders if jay electronica still makes music*
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    quality >>>>>> quantity

14. A tribe called quest aka The Latin Teddy Ruxpin Says:

–I like to imagine its fat, constantly tight, and sings bag lady when you’re done

* roffs*

word seth you got a page displaying your work?

16. herbal kint Says:

a crack addict > the estatic

meteors creating craters > we are lasers

^ this.

quality >>>>>> quantity

^this too.

19. Harlem World Says:

The ecstatic vs relapse vs deeper than rap
    war angel vs so far gone vs quarantine

and sings bag lady when you’re done

^*pictures this*

ADM

*dead*

21. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

# cOLD Says:
    word seth you got a page displaying your work?
    LOL

Not this instant, but trust me. I do professional photo work on images almost everyday.

I’m an artist.

speaking of I updated my portfolio. click the name if you niggas care.

*stomach hurts*

I knew i shouldnt of ate that beef patty.

23. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 4:04 pm
    *stomach hurts*

I knew i shouldnt of ate that beef patty.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssss!

24. Boosie Says:

was the Beef patty cooked extra well done or undercooked?

25. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

On my site in the print section, third pic over. I made this Valero Oil refinery look like a magical place you might want to visit. I don’t have before shots though. LOL.

was the Beef patty cooked extra well done or undercooked

^ shit was over cooked but wasnt fresh, I knew before buying it, it didnt have the golden brown swag. meat was all dried up patty all flat.

^ I seen that good shit.

28. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 4:06 pm
    was the Beef patty cooked extra well done or undercooked

WTF? why u buy the shit… u ate a SHITpatty

WTF? why u buy the shit… u ate a SHITpatty

^ bumba….
    —-

Yo seth what you photo shop in that tobin library pic. looks kinda regular

30. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

Yo seth what you photo shop in that tobin library pic. looks kinda regular

That aint photoshop. That is an interior we worked on. We cleaned up the whole library & I mostly helped with that part. That is my actual design portfolio right now.

LF: One of the websites got messed up & I’m gonna fix it.

31. spirit equality Says:

tiye has been rapping for over ten years now in new york. you’re a hip-hop blogger and you never heard of her? smh.

actually, first i heard of her was the soul food symphony back in the mid nineties

there ain’t that many nice female emcees still doing it 15 years in. it’s not like you have more than 10 people to keep track of in that list.

32. zurejwen Says:

Tiye Phoenix is a member of the latest incarnation of the Juggaknots, with Breeze Brewin and..the other guy haha

they dropped an album a couple years back called Use Your Confusion i think , it was pretty good

33. nunya bizness Says:

She got a lot a spit in her … those bars were FIRE.