Video: Common’s Five Favorite Films

While Common was at Current TV, The RottenTomatoes Show got to ask him about his five favorite movies:

5. The Usual Suspects (think about the way he wrote “Testify”)
4. Forrest Gump (co-sign)
3. Coming to America
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (co-sign, what up Jay)
1. The Godfather

Respect his S.A.G. card! Current will have a full interview with Common for their new show “Embedded” (get it?) which premieres this Fall.

Sidebar: I didn’t know Common was gonna be in Date Night with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey, check out the star studded cast at IMDB.

85 Responses to “Video: Common’s Five Favorite Films”

1. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Steve Carroll is that nigga. So is Common top15 dead or alive

2. kevKONGquistador Says:

RASHID!

3. herbal kint Says:

kevKONGquistador Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 2:53 pm
    *daps land*

yo ty….where you get that info on mos’ album t-shirt from?

I forget where I saw it, but it was just the other day, let me see if I can find it in my history

4. herbal kint Says:

yo land you listen to the j.cole tape ? if so what you think ?

5. TheCo!!inB Says:

I could see Com top 20 D.O.A.

6. herbal kint Says:

KEV

9. TheCo!!inB Says:

the mos shit is = = = = = > in nah lite

10. R.J.Orion Says:

herbal kint Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 2:56 pm
    yo land you listen to the j.cole tape ? if so what you think ?

———

nah … thanks for reminding me, though … ima DL it now …

11. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*kills dreams*(c)Land

*GNROFFLES*

12. kevKONGquistador Says:

the red bottoms on those hollywood red chucks>>>>>

not mad at those.

13. kevKONGquistador Says:

the mos shit is = = = = = > in nah lite

yea but the price info there too?

14. herbal kint Says:

@ KevKong – xxlmag.com/online/?p=49556

15. TheCo!!inB Says:

you ever buy your wife/girl a birthday gift so crazy YOU expect to get great birthday sex later that night? I just hit wifey’s gifts out the park and i’m thinking it may be May 22 all over again for the kid.

im looking for some ole far out music some different shit… anyone?

17. herbal kint Says:

R.J.Orion Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 2:58 pm
    herbal kint Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 2:56 pm
    yo land you listen to the j.cole tape ? if so what you think ?

———

nah … thanks for reminding me, though … ima DL it now …

18. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

5. Green Acres (The GreenEyes & CS88 Smut Tape)
    4. Forrest Gump (co-sign)
    3. DOLEMITE: The Human Tornado
    2. DOLEMITE
    1. The Godfather

19. kevKONGquistador Says:

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

no bullshit, wheneva i need to bring the wife back to earth i pop that in.

heavy sizzle.

20. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

TheCo!!inB Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

LOL

My girl got Me Artie’s Book TOO FAT TO FISH. She got good love that day. But I give it to her hard most of the time.

21. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

is that DRE Song (think cool and dre) NAOMI, new??

shit kind of slaps.

I FUCK WITH DRE , i used to have his album somewhere

22. nessnice Says:

The Usual Suspects

Cosign…

^ lol, damn at what point in marraige does sex become a bartar system…

ever clean the house, have dinner cooking before you wife steps in the door, and you swear you’re getting head that night?

24. kevKONGquistador Says:

yea ty….

the dunn mos locc’n on that one.

25. herbal kint Says:

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:02 pm
    5. Green Acres (The GreenEyes & CS88 Smut Tape)

* someone call the coroner *

26. AmpGeez a.k.a. Dro Jackson Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:04 pm
    is that DRE Song (think cool and dre) NAOMI, new??

shit kind of slaps.
    =======================
    The platinum late pass goes to you, sir.

27. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Say
    Steve Carroll is that nigga

GNR

28. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

3. Coming to America
    if this isnt in your top5 , you aint trill.

29. K1ng Says:

for the smokers….

giving up piff for a year or 2 grand?

30. Jahrue Says:

new track from Shawn Chrystopher http://imflashy.com/?p=13139

31. The Watcherz Says:

wow all this tyme i thought married people recieved head as if it was given

*dapz RJOrion, Ty, cOLD, iFux, kev, CS88, CollinB, ness*

33. PHENOMENON Says:

Respect his S.A.G. Card!

^ ^
    [ll]??

*dapz Watcherz*

35. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I guess it was on the TRUNK and I never listened to it entirely. I lost *takes late pass with ablomb*

*dapz Phenom*

37. herbal kint Says:

kevKONGquistador Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:05 pm
    yea ty….

the dunn mos locc’n on that one.

… yeah I was like wtf, who the fuck besides voltron is paying $39 for that shit, it’s a fucking t-shirt …. shit should of come with the album …. that might actually be a good way to get more people to actually buy your albums ….

giving up piff for a year or 2 grand?

^ whoa, it’ll be the 2 grand for me… I average one joint per 2 months anyway.

39. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:08 pm
    *dapz RJOrion, Ty, cOLD, iFux, kev, CS88, CollinB, ness*

*daps The Mayor*

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:04 pm

is that DRE Song (think cool and dre) NAOMI, new??

shit kind of slaps.

I FUCK WITH DRE , i used to have his album somewhere

^Bout 2 years old. Got a few spins on the radio here.

41. PHENOMENON Says:

3. Coming to America
    if this isnt in your top5 , you aint trill.

^ ^
    This is true.

*daps billy*

43. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Trading Places > Coming to America

44. The Watcherz Says:

for the smokers….

giving up piff for a year or 2 grand?
    ill stop smoking piff for 2 g”z kush or sour idk so much. but i have been smoking more and more piff lately idk

45. Beezy Says:

It would take about 50k for me to give up weed for a year

46. Big_Seth Don't Idolize America Says:

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

3. Coming to America
    if this isnt in your top5 , you aint trill. You must be out your GATDAMN mind.

>>…. yo I was sleeping not listening to grown simba, for real, I haven’t really given the second half that much play but thats cause the first half keeps making me repeat it so much, shits dope ….

tried to tell you. mixtape is dope.

Warmup > War Angel LP

48. nation Says:

heads up:

^ now with more videos

49. kevKONGquistador Says:

*daps billz*

*dead*

50. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Damn comments is Squaded up right here right now

*daps all vets and rooks*

51. herbal kint Says:

K1ng Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:07 pm
    for the smokers….

giving up piff for a year or 2 grand?

… give up piff and I only say this cause I’m at month 8 now, with 5 more to go, but ask me after nov. 12th and I’ll take the 2’gs, shit I would of paid more than 2 g’s to not have to go the 13 months …

Actually, that song is 3 years old… according to the Youtube vid.

53. The Watcherz Says:

*daps d billz*

54. PHENOMENON Says:

giving up piff for a year or 2 grand?

^ ^
    Lol, easiest 2 Grand I’ll ever make. [I don’t smoke. [ll]]

55. AmpGeez a.k.a. Dro Jackson Says:

You couldn’t pay me to put the piff down.

Weed smoking while listening to music is my favorite pasttime.

56. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

*daps Fux*

fux you seen the trailer to the movie 2012?

58. PHENOMENON Says:

*Dap’s Billz*

59. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

cOLD Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:13 pm
    fux you seen the trailer to the movie 2012?

^^^^^
    nah what that be?

60. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

tried to tell you. mixtape is dope.

…. and because of yours and Land’s co-sign I gave it a shot, I really wasn’t impressed by the dead president’s shit but welcome, can i live, grown simba lights out, I get up ( pause ) and others are damn good ….

Warmup > War Angel LP

…. thats not saying much though being a fan of the bengals >war angel …..

61. The Watcherz Says:

am i the only one that feels like piff has one the worst after highs. Its like once its gone i get the worst headache

so 40 bucks for a t-shirt and an album is too much? you niggas is bums.

63. TheCo!!inB Says:

I think i’m the only married dude still getting head on the reg….like 3 times a week at least, no fronting.

64. herbal kint Says:

* daps fux and Billz *

65. nation Says:

>> Damn comments is Squaded up right here right now

*raps badly*

*ties bandana around random body parts [||]*

*kisses Baby on the mouth*

66. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

i dont even like head like that. I just like for it to be an option and not a liability

>>nd because of yours and Land’s co-sign I gave it a shot, I really wasn’t impressed by the dead president’s shit but welcome, can i live, grown simba lights out, I get up ( pause ) and others are damn good ….

how could you have been talking shit and not have heard grown simba? that was the first j cole song I ever heard, and I was like ok, this kid got some spit. Lights Please is my shit though right now.

68. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*makes a nah post about a tshirt that has print of fannypack on the front*

69. The Watcherz Says:

*doesnt compute*

nah what that be?

sonypictures.com/movies/2012/

71. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*listens to JCole Mixtape due to various co-signs*

*tries to aviod disappointment*

*gets dick sucked while listening*

# eskay Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:14 pm

so 40 bucks for a t-shirt and an album is too much? you niggas is bums obviously don’t want that wack shit.

73. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:14 pm
    so 40 bucks for a t-shirt and an album is too much? you niggas is bums.

74. kevKONGquistador Says:

so 40 bucks for a t-shirt and an album is too much? you niggas is bums.

its definitely too much for an mp3 that may have less than stellar quality.

i would wanna hear casa bey and whateva else on the bang & olufsen set to orchestra.

75. david blackham Says:

b. dole > j. cole

76. R.J.Orion Says:

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

June 19th, 2009 at 3:09 pm
    Trading Places > Coming to America

————

word..

*daps DBillz*

77. kevKONGquistador Says:

*doesnt compute*

*co-non ‘putin*

>>obviously don’t want that wack shit.

what’s wack, the shirt or the album? if the shirt is wack, then ok, but if it’s a nice tee i don’t see the problem.

79. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    June 19th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

… I wasn’t talking shit, just said I wasn’t impressed, after the dead presidents I was like ehhhh, so I never got around to listening to grown simba but yeah co-sign lights please that shit has stayed on repeat ….

>>… doesn’t it say you still have to pay 8.99 for the album ? maybe I just skimmed through it and read it wrong, but still a t-shirt is mad cheap to print up, artists should give it away for free with the album and to help sell, $40 isn’t necessarily too much for a t-shirt, but not for a t-shirt with just album art on it ….

nah, I thought it said that when you cop the shirt you get a code to download the album.

81. K1ng Says:

Haze > Kush > blueberry yum yum > piff

so I fukd up let me ask the Q again…

2g’s or give up Haze/Kush for One WHOLE! year?

Im going to stick with the kush

>>speaking a bums tho….ya collar fit regular around ya lil neck today or somethin?

all my collars fit, niggas was reaching so hard they had to make something up.

83. R0B0 Says:

Current TV is definitely my new favorite channel. Been watchin’ a lot of that lately.

84. tourist Says:

common CANT act. he’s terrible. he’s in movies to draw crowds from the music side- his fans, ppl who know of common.

smoking aces- shit acting