Video: Alchemist feat. Twista & Maxwell – Smile (Free Prodigy Version)

According to OKP, this is the HQ, non edited, Director’s Cut version:

The labeled leaked the video for “Smile” yesterday but, disappointingly, they released the “made for TV” version (MTV, specifically). Both the song AND the video are edited (for some reason they required that Al’s “FREE PRODIGY” t-shirt be blurred out).

MTV conspiring against P? UH OH….

Directed by Jason Goldwatch. Chemical Warfare hits stores on July 7th.

79 Responses to “Video: Alchemist feat. Twista & Maxwell – Smile (Free Prodigy Version)”

1. g7 Says:

gold, bronze, silver

2. Beezy Says:

@MaxBiggavelli WRITE MAX B @ 74746 Charly Wingate 160 Bergen County Jail South River street Hackensack, NJ. 07601

^Dear Max,

I wrote but you still ain’t callin
    I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
    I sent two letters back in May, you must not-a got him
    There probably was a problem at Gerald Saluti’s office or something

Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot ‘em
    but anyways; fuck it, what’s been up? Man how’s Chrissy?

3. rex hussla Says:

But that was another reason why this s**t got bigger than it was. He recanted, he hit me up and was like, “I talked to Royce and I understand where y’all coming from and I love Detroit, email me your number.” I was like “Na, I aint trying to talk to you.” Then maybe an hour later he put some s**t up on his Twitter like, “Waiting on the knock of the door, were y’all killers at.”

4. BARPAN Says:

Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot ‘em
    but anyways; fuck it, what’s been up? Man how’s Chrissy?

^^^^^^^^^^

omfg lmao *DEAD*

I wish I cared enough about Hamilton or Dilla (as an artist, because that’s still one of our brothers), but I don’t so all of this needs to be water under the bridge. Shit is corny at this point.

Bye Chuck.

6. el feces loco Says:

OPEN LETTER TO CHARLES HAMILTON

No good deed goes unpunished..

What seemed to you as a positive symbolic gesture has now been turned into something negative, everyone calls you “dumb, stupid, foolish, etc”…while assuming or insinuating that you were trying to be smart and capitalizing, by adding “JAMES YANCEY-exec producer” TO A FREE ALBUM…it doesn’t make sense.

If Dilla was here..I’m sure HE would have been proud that his work helped you find a way in hip hop, or that his music influenced you in some form.

You’ll grow(nah), You’ll learn, AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG.

7. BARPAN Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 12th, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Bye Chuck.

^^^^^
    yup … cant wait till this shit goes away…next..

8. Geronimo P Says:

I am in full G-Unit mode today. All classic songs and Freestyles.

It went from hi, how you doing to a quicky in the truck.

Been going hand to hand since the real roxanne, you want beef we can handle this man to man

9. rex hussla Says:

These two interviews were like that play in OT last night where Jameer Nelson gets snuffed with the elbow and Fisher hits the dagger 3…game over sonic

lol @ the Max B version of Stan

But there’s no such as a Max B stan. We’re just following protocol. Everybody else is outta frequency.

LF: Yo, Max would’ve been a GREAT addition to this Wiz Khalifa “Write Name On a Cloud”… over this Pharcyde “Runnin Away” beat.

11. Bill Hu$tle Says:

im the one they call yung, body marked up like the subway in Harlem

12. rex hussla Says:

This track is FIRE and I was skeptical at first because I don’t really get amped (no “everybody here is Casketface”) for Twista tracks

13. Beezy Says:

But there’s no such as a Max B stan. We’re just following protocol.

^Truth…my mentality is your either a Max B fan or about to be a cold body.

And smfh @ duke’s muhva. With all due respect, she sound like she was/is a hoodrat.

15. Di Last Man Standing, GAZA We Seh Says:

they required that Al’s “FREE PRODIGY” t-shirt be blurred out

WTF…?

I knew all that “Mars Pyramids” talk would catch up with him lol

16. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

el feces loco Says:

June 12th, 2009 at 12:02 pm
    OPEN LETTER TO CHARLES HAMILTON

You’ll learn, AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG.

Yikes

17. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

lol @ the Max B version of Stan

–You lie, where is this version

18. Di Last Man Standing, GAZA We Seh Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:06 pm

smh & lol

# Bill Hu$tle Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

im the one they call yung, body marked up like the subway in Harlem

^Son… I had to stop playin’ that video. I had to get up and walk away from the computer and look at myself in the mirror. Like, “homie, you’z a grown man and aint got a nare tat… time for you to go outside and get some air… this is your conscience speakin’… “

20. Beezy Says:

–You lie, where is this version

>nahright.com/2009/06/12/video-alchemist-feat-twista-maxwell-smile-free-prodigy-version/comment-page-1/#comment-2006852

–You lie, where is this version

^The keyword is “would’ve”, grasshopper.

22. el feces loco Says:

malicefromtheclipse.com >>>>>>>>>>>>

vimeo.com/4623849

How come when I type in National Geographic..the term “naked men” shows up in the history?(c)Malicious

23. rex hussla Says:

I think the game, especially the mp3 freestyle/mixtape game, needs to switch up a little bit. Cats are too liberal with other people’s instrumentals. Plus, that shit diluted and kinda played out.

When I saw Mos Def last month…some cat came out to open and nobody was really feeling him. Then he’s like, “Be on the lookout for my new mixtape droppin’…it’s dedicated to DJ Premier and I’m rocking on nothing but Premier beats”. You could almost feel the collective SMH among the crowd.

ATCQ

Oh, you’re talkin’ about the Stan song. My badd. I was referring to the Wiz joint.

25. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

@ Rex and Rigz

Yo dont believe everything Ma dukes and houseslippers say. I remember that Qtip Juan epstein where they were talking about setting up a Dilla foundation but the Estate was in ‘turmoil’. When you cant even set up a foundation or a benefit to help the family thats when you know something is going on, specifically with Ma dukes. I dont think Interscope would just allow themselves to be a put in a position where they are scrutinized for putting dilla on the credits.

Something is going on that hasnt been revealed yet.

26. Beezy Says:

^The keyword is “would’ve”, grasshopper.

>I think he meant a Max B “Stan”

*dapz all the brethren and sistas*

28. Clarence 13X-tra Large Says:

Yo remember that old site that had the Rocafella stories??

29. BARPAN Says:

^^^^^^
    …i listned to his mixtape on datpiff casue o u… but still aint pickin up what he puttin down…but w that said Wiz >wale

30. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

ATCQ

–Na its my fault i copy/pasta’d the wrong part

31. Beezy Says:

*becomes rap artist*

*makes mixtape tribue to BIG – all BIG beats and verses*

*packages Ready to Die in jewel case w/ my picture*

*blows [||]*

# Beezy Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:09 pm

^The keyword is “would’ve”, grasshopper.

>I think he meant a Max B “Stan”

^Yeah, I addressed. And apologized. No beef. We gotta stick together (no mo).

33. cozy Says:

song is dope video dope Al do yo thang! what up wit a real illa ghee song Maintenance Man was crazy

34. From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece... Says:

yo for some reason i am having a brain freeze and cant think of the name of this song (the original version)

zshare.net/audio/6127939113acd35f/

35. el feces loco Says:

el feces loco Says:

June 12th, 2009 at 12:02 pm
    OPEN LETTER TO CHARLES HAMILTON

You’ll learn, AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG.

Yikes

If Jayz was 18 today and we just heard “Hawaian Sophie” on the internets for the first time Jay would “be” Charles Hamilton…especially if the video was also available online..

36. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

That Max/Charles song is a GREAT song.

Fact: Max brings out the best in everyartist.

# BARPAN Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

^^^^^^

^I feel you. Listen to his older mixtapes, Prince of the City 1 and 2 (2 is better), and the joint he did with with Green Lantern.

Oh, and… Wiz >>>>>>>>> Wale

Ravens > Steelers >>>>> Redskins

38. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

^Dear Max,

I wrote but you still ain’t callin
    I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
    I sent two letters back in May, you must not-a got him
    There probably was a problem at Gerald Saluti’s office or something

Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot ‘em
    but anyways; fuck it, what’s been up? Man how’s Chrissy?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

39. Seth Gueko Says:

hope now a third version
    with a lil apparition of
    maxwell

and this ain’t
    no MTV thang,
    maybe that version of BET !
    lol

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

That Max/Charles song is a GREAT song.

Fact: Max brings out the best in everyartist.

^Truth. Max’s cosign is the only reason why I stopped hating dude. Still don’t like him, but I don’t want him to fall on the train tracks as it arrives either.

41. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Charle’s shouldn’t have messed with Dilla stans though, Dilla stans are probably the backpack version of Pac stans (c) word to the Dilla changed my life t-shirts you see some of them wear

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

ATCQ

–Na its my fault i copy/pasta’d the wrong part

^I know it was your fault. But Charly is away now and the Wingate Disciples should never argue amongst one another.

43. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

^Dear Max,

I wrote but you still ain’t callin
    I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
    I sent two letters back in May, you must not-a got him
    There probably was a problem at Gerald Saluti’s office or something

Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot ‘em
    but anyways; fuck it, what’s been up? Man how’s Chrissy?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

–ROFLWAFFLEPANCKESCOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Clarence 13X-tra Large Says:

Rocascenes.com.

No help to none of you tho

E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:14 pm

^Yeen neva lied. I think RJOrion was about to circle about 3 cribs the other evening on here.

46. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

–OW!men

47. rex hussla Says:

____________________________________________________

The estate somehow ended up in the wrong hands…somebody strong armed their way onto that. They went against all of Dilla’s family’s wishes on a lot of things. They went as far as suing Busta over his Dillagence mixtape…

Tribe you need to read up on some of this shit before you just start making up decisions. The whole situation is sad…you don’t even know the half.

From the Polo fleece to the Jesus piece…

^If yall frest to death, then I’m deceased.

I sware, Yeezy had me listening to a lot of artists that I normally wouldn’t have.

49. Big_seth Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 11:58 am

That’s the type of shit he is on.

Most the time I don’t let personalities change how I feel about the music, but this shit is enough.

I was even defending him before. I didn’t think it was a big deal, but the lil nigga always pushing it too far (II) The inspiration thing okay cool, but don’t lie about shit.

it’s pathetic & disrespectful to JDs Mom at this point.

50. TheCo!!inB Says:

Beezy I don’t need to tell you that was genius do I?

51. tHe-XfAcTa Says:

*Daps the massive*

52. Harlem World Says:

Clarence 13X-tra Large Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Yo remember that old site that had the Rocafella stories

Yeh, that shit was hilarious, the Nas vs Jay beef and Bleek getting sonned every second. I reckon most of it was actually true.

# el feces loco Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

el feces loco Says:

June 12th, 2009 at 12:02 pm
    OPEN LETTER TO CHARLES HAMILTON

You’ll learn, AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG.

Yikes

^Son, I’m so glad that even I didn’t see the Sophie video until the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Had I seen it before RD, I probably wouldn’t have taken him seriously.

54. Bill Hu$tle Says:

confession: I HAVE NEVER LISTENED TO A MAX B SONG

lol i remove myself from these convo’s b/c i have no opinion on this man and his music.

55. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

–Noted but i still think something is fishy here.

56. samsohn Says:

mah dukes is trying to get mad promo by throwing gasoline on ch’s flaming corpse

57. Harlem World Says:

Clarence 13X-tra Large Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Yo remember that old site that had the Rocafella stories

KRS ONE rambling bout hip hop (roffles)

58. el feces loco Says:

^^THIS

Nobody was even thinking about DIlla last week..some 21 yr old kid tries to show love and the Dilla estate brings out the big guns(houseshoes, ma dukes)…They should have been out there speakin out when people was releasing wack albums filled with throwaway Dilla beats.

He put the nigga name on a free album..as a symbolic gesture of love..and he gets hated..

No good deed goes unpunished.

# Bill Hu$tle Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:19 pm

confession: I HAVE NEVER LISTENED TO A MAX B SONG

^The Wingate Society appreciates your honesty. May you be blessed with waves of fortune.

60. KzA Says:

What is the #1 MaxB mixtape in the history of MaxB? Go.

LF: I just realized that Detroit is a far bigger dump than B’more (and the only ones beatin’ us in homicides nationally), yet they’ve been FAR more successful than us on a hiphop scale.

Conspiracy.

62. Di Last Man Standing, GAZA We Seh Says:

Thats the whole point, Dilla’s royalties sit in an estate that cant be used by the Yancey family

To put in short, Dilla put his trust in the wrong people, and when he passed away, the family got jerked

Ma Dukes & The dude that essentially RUNS Jay Dee’s estate are at odds with each other

XXL ran an article on it a while back

63. sean coonery Says:

Million Dollar baby…

The nigga is really a broke mixtape rapper…I don’t blame him for robbing a nigga for 400 dollars and getting 20 years…

64. el feces loco Says:

^^Waddup Billz, yea that video would have ethere his whole career if that scenario happened today like it did then. Hawaian shirts and fast raps was not the move, that nigga would have gotten “CHOPPA SUITED”..he better be glad Dame introduced him to Harlem.

# KzA Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

What is the #1 MaxB mixtape in the history of MaxB? Go.

^IMNSHO, Public Domain 3. It’s an album, to me.

66. Di Last Man Standing, GAZA We Seh Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Conspiracy.

Better music.

67. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

What is the #1 MaxB mixtape in the history of MaxB? Go.

–We do not refer to it as a ‘Mixtape’ for it does not constitute such low value. Public Domain 3 is a bible to the masses.

68. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

What is the #1 MaxB mixtape in the history of MaxB? Go.

^IMNSHO, Public Domain 3. It’s an album, to me.

lol, in my not so humble opinion?

i box w/ it.

but i think it’s million dollar baby 2.

# Di Last Man Standing, GAZA We Seh Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

# D. Billz Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Conspiracy.

Better music.

^You couldn’t just let me have that one, could you? Lol

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    June 12th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

What is the #1 MaxB mixtape in the history of MaxB? Go.

^IMNSHO, Public Domain 3. It’s an album, to me.

lol, in my not so humble opinion?

i box w/ it.

but i think it’s million dollar baby 2.

^That acronym is courtesy of RJOrion. MDB2 is DEFINITELY my #2.

71. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Public Domain 3 is a bible to the masses.

lol, you peeped the twitter shout out?

72. Clarence 13X-tra Large Says:

its like i always wanna smoke refers

73. Ghost Writer Says:

If Charles catch a beat down for this that would be stupid…

74. baby jesus Says:

i got mdb2 as my #1

75. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

lol, you peeped the twitter shout out?

–Na uh… what do you speak of

76. baby jesus Says:

sexy love (n) >>>>

77. baby jesus Says:

when at 1st i caught cha creepin, wasint even sleepin
    she hit the speaker n bleeped him
    my nigga baseball was ready to beat him
    leak him
    i told that nigga chill that girl be cheatin
    oowwwwww

78. Bill Hu$tle Says:

can i get a link to the best max b mixtape, i think it is time to get baptized by the wave

79. J. Caesar Says:

i have loved jay-z’s music…but now i’m starting to the think a lot deeper into the line that nas said “you sold your soul for riches” did the free prodigy tee from Al get censored because of “Jay HOVa” remember what prodigy said about jay in that vid of his when he was driving be4 he went up north…makes ya wonder