Video: The Making of KRS-One & Buckshot’s “Robot”

Directed by Todd Angkasuwan. Lol @ the title of this video.

Their album Survival Skills drops September 15th on Duck Down.

Previously: Buckshot, KRS-One & Immortal Technique Studio Sesssion

96 Responses to “Video: The Making of KRS-One & Buckshot’s “Robot””

1. geico lizard Says:

the real truth Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 1:33 pm
    Chrisette > Any Other Chubb & B singer in the game

co-sign. If she could run she would way in front of the rest.

2. b-ease Says:

50 had EVERY major DJ in EVERY city playin’ his records. Big ass difference.

And not just two singles. Cats in DC was playing obscure 50 mixtape cuts during primetime. There’s just no comparison, seriously.

3. b-ease Says:

the timing for all these are very diff. you can’t really compare it because snoops buzz in 93 was built from a diff vibe then 50’s per say or kanyes

That’s mad vague. A “different vibe”?? Look, reagardless of the means or channels the buzz is in, we’re talking simple anticipation. And there’s no reason we can’t compare that.

4. Boosie Says:

If you visit nahright frequently, periodically, or occasionally….you’re gonna downplay drake’s buzz

I see some very flat bums in that screen shot. So not impressed.

6. b-ease Says:

Boosie Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Maybe in the Twilite Zone. I’ve seen alot of people downplay his talent, but his buzz?? I’m not even doing that, I just picked three rappers whose buzz at similar periods in their career were alot more than Drake’s. Not because I’m on Nah, but because I’ve been a hiphop fan my entire life, and know these things.

DJ’s was in the club playin’ 50’s “Till The Wheels Fall Off” freestyle. OMG. Niggas used to loooooose their mind. Especially when they played the accompanied dvd video on the big screens.

I’m sorry fam @ Boosie. I just don’t see it. I’m in the lounges, bars, and God forbid, even listen to the radio when I’m in the whip. I just don’t get that “feeling” (nh) that I had when Curtis was buzzin’. It’s no comparison chief.

8. Eastern_Digital Says:

Is there a verdict for Max yet?

I remember the GUnit version of De La’s “Baby Phat” gettin’ played in the club, the GUnit version of HiTek/Talib’s “The Blast”, and the GUnit version of Saadiq/D’Angelo’s “You Should Be Here” gettin’ played in the club AND the official remix on the radio.

# Eastern_Digital Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Is there a verdict for Max yet?

^Won’t be until Monday.

11. Iceberg slim Says:

9/11

12. R.J.Orion Says:

a couple of weeks ago i said

Johan Santana > CC Sabathia

im not so sure anymore … word to Herbal Kint …

Carlston Charles is a bad man …

*resumes watching game*

13. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Boosie Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

__________________________________________________________

who isn’t a hip-hop fan these days? But his buzz is pretty crazy and its still rising, and how can you objectively tell that those three were bigger than Drake’s? ….Or you just want them to be bigger than drake’s cause his audience is not yours?

14. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

R.J.Orion Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 1:59 pm
    The Show has better graphics, but MLB 2K9 is far more realistic …

Posada is a mediocre glovesman, at best … Cervelli or Molina give them MUCH better defense
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    2k9 is so robotic its not real baseball when its near impossibe to throw a curve/slider pitch correct…also the hitting is flyout-flyout-homerun-flyout-flyout-homerun…there are more blue moons than foul ball…The Show put 2k9 to shame and ive only had a PS3 for 2 weeks

15. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

Exactly. 50 was getting rotation off of mixtape cuts. On other niggas beats. If you think Drake’s buzz is comparable now, I urge you to either put the Kool-Aid down, or drink it faster to put yourself out of your misery.

We always have a “thug” trend in hiphop where a thugged out rapper becomes THEE MC at the time. And usually, the thug trend rappers do better numbers and have a bigger buzz than those “it” rappers of other trends.

17. Boosie Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

__________________________________________________________

Oh yeah, FIf had the greatest buzz out of any hiphop artist. My point was that some people saying that drake’s buzz is interneted concocted, and thats just not true.

18. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

*Moment of silence for Max*

….

….

OWmen

19. k1ng Says:

all im saying is….it took 50, 50 mixtapes to get that big of a buzz nd drake just 1, so you do the math.

Prime example… if Gucci Mane wouldn’t had got locked up around the time “Freaky Gurl” dropped… boy oh boy. Even Jeezy’s buzz was ridiculous at the time. Like, sickening for me at one point because I had a low tolerance for that ninja back then.

21. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

–Maino?

22. b-ease Says:

You’re always jumping to conclusions you have no basis for in order to bait people into the “you’re out of touch” game. Do YOU have an objective way of telling whose buzz is larger? Of course you don’t.

Want them to be bigger? I don’t give two fucks either way. Just stating the facts, no Dragnet. You already achknowledged 50’s buzz was bigger. You’re from bum fuck, so there’s no way you can tell me what Nas’ buzz was like. And if you want to debate that Kanye’s buzz isnt as big go ahead, but Slow Jamz and Through The Wire > Every Girl and Best I Ever Had. It is what it is.

# Boosie Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

# D. Billz Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

__________________________________________________________

^But it has to be. The mixtape that everybody loves with his 2 hit singles is all from the Internet. EVENTUALLY, it made it to the radio. Look at Cudi’s Day N Nite. That was sittin’ around on the net since early last year and it’s gettin’ the “just due” in ’09. Drake’s is just a lot faster because he has the machine behind him, and he’s lightskinned. He showed up in just enough time to take Chris Brown’s spot.

24. Boosie Says:

# k1ng Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

___________________________________________________________

True, but mad white people who didnt listen to rap bought all 50 mixtapes or downloaded them…..but 50’s buzz is unprecented prolly in any genre though

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:08 pm

–Maino?

^Atlantic Records fail. “Hi Hater” had spread like lime disease. He’s doing well with his new T-Pain assisted song, but it’s nowhere near the level of Hi Hater. Niggas and birds are STILL sayin’ that shit. Smh

26. b-ease Says:

Of course it is. For God’s sake, its the only place to hear 95% of his material. His first supporters were bloggers and college girls that watched him on Degrassi and dl’ed his shit. The streets got to Drake LAST.

27. Rockabye Says:

In holy water, odds against, ‘Ye will slaughter
    Ever since the day I opened up that Midnight Marauder

28. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Smh @ fab taking ‘When the money goes” and not taking one of Jays verse. He just had him on the hook. That shit is wack

Jays version > Fabs

# k1ng Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

^But street buzz was more important than Internet buzz back then. Once again, we’re dealing with relevance to different eras. 50 had the streets on LOCK. It was only a matter time before a major scooped him up AGAIN (as they did back when POTD got shelved). Mixtapes on the streets back then is no different than what mixtapes being downloaded on the net is now.

30. Rockabye Says:

I’m white, for the record: The first time I heard about 50 was Newsweek. That reach hasn’t been touched since except by Game and Kanye, IIRC.

31. Boosie Says:

^But it has to be. The mixtape that everybody loves with his 2 hit singles is all from the Internet. EVENTUALLY, it made it to the radio. Look at Cudi’s Day N Nite. That was sittin’ around on the net since early last year and it’s gettin’ the “just due” in ‘09. Drake’s is just a lot faster because he has the machine behind him, and he’s lightskinned. He showed up in just enough time to take Chris Brown’s spot.
    ___________________________________________________________

As I told es before, weezy co-sign> nahright or internet co-sign……

The internet came to Drake not the other way around. Drake was already performing with Weezy before he became really big.

Plus the people who are most checking for drake aren’t on the east coast driven hip-hop blogs and are wayne fans for the most part.

32. b-ease Says:

^Atlantic Records fail. “Hi Hater” had spread like lime disease.

There was no way they could have transferred the success of that single to success for Maino as a rapper though. That’s the problem with making jingles, especially in the I-Tunes era, there’ is no connection to the actual artist, just the song, and since you can just buy the song, the artist just becomes a cypher.

33. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

===============================
    *DEAD*….i know niggas knew the wanksta lyrics vurbatum “damn homie!!you was the man homie” but Drake has the whole canada and degrassi comunity with the R&B feel to his music he’ll have R&B headz checkin for his music….he can sing well….the nigga got the pretty boy look (nh) his skin color is extraunantly light but dark enough (nh) this nigga is perfect package (nh 1,000x) his buzz will only increase at this point (nh just in case)

34. b-ease Says:

Drake was already performing with Weezy before he became really big.

Exactly. He wasnt BIG (ll) until the internet threw their support behind him.

35. CiCi The Intern Says:

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:13 pm

Jays version > Fabs

He just took the hook? What the? Now I gotta go listen to it…

36. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

In holy water, odds against, ‘Ye will slaughter
    Ever since the day I opened up that Midnight Marauder

–This line is dope where is it from

37. b-ease Says:

SMH.

38. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

For the record: Im not a Drake stan

39. D.O.A on YBF Says:

TAKE CHRIS BROWN’S SPOT????? Not EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEN!

# Boosie Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:14 pm

___________________________________________________________

As I told es before, weezy co-sign> nahright or internet co-sign……

^I agree with the Wayne cosign part, BUT, he aint the only one that tours with Wayne. All them other nobodies got their own songs that I’m sure they performed too. Plus they’re officially signed, Drake isn’t. His only other source was the indie route, which is puttin’ his own music on the Internet. Of course, Wayne knew this and threw him on madd mixtapes that you will most likely cop on the Internet.

41. wavy is a cliche aka gerald m. saluti esq Says:

im one of the only ppl who actually fucked wit “when the money goes” then i heard fabs version…now not so much

42. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:12 pm

____________________________________________________________

Lil wayne scooped him up before the bloggers got to him though, so what are you saying? His first supporters was Nation, cause dude is from canada. There are other sources and outlets besides nahright…

MADDDDD niggas was talking bout drake concerts way back and I live in Louisiana home of lil wayne.

# D.O.A on YBF Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:18 pm

TAKE CHRIS BROWN’S SPOT????? Not EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEN!

^Lol. I didn’t say it would work, but that was their plan. I mean, Drake fuckin’ with Rihanna now? Coincidence? Hardly. You know how these Jews and tI’s play these games.

44. CiCi The Intern Says:

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:17 pm

In holy water, odds against, ‘Ye will slaughter
    Ever since the day I opened up that Midnight Marauder

–This line is dope where is it from

The Big Sean joint “Glenwood”

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

^Atlantic Records fail. “Hi Hater” had spread like lime disease.

^True dat, true dat. But they were probably better off throwin’ him off the cliff back then rather making him walk the plank now. With TPain anchoring the boat.

46. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

thanks cici

47. b-ease Says:

There are other sources and outlets besides nahright…

Of course there are, I never said anything to the contrary.

Wayne scooping him had nothing to do with his buzz, just what Wayne perceived his talent level to be.

48. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Drake was already performing with Weezy before he became really big.

Exactly. He wasnt BIG (ll) until the internet threw their support behind him.
    _____________________________________________________________

This is the internet era….the internet follows the streets….Internet made it grow but Drake was gonna pop without the net…..Bitches was already on Drakes dick. It goes like this Bitches> Streets> internet

Just like Gucci mane…He don’t need the net but forced Eskay and em to post Gucci mane cause the streets is feeling him, and the blogs Has to follow whats hot not the other way around

49. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:21 p
    # b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

^Atlantic Records fail. “Hi Hater” had spread like lime disease.

Oh, no doubt. They should have dropped the album when the song was bubbling. He couldve had a 50K week. Now if he dropped, we’d be looking at Cappadonna numbers.

Wayne + Kanye = Wanye (Boyz II Men) lead singer.

Wanye also = Drake, which = Wayne + Kanye.

FTR, I was never good in math.

51. k1ng Says:

=============================

His a Jew! end of the fukin story! there you have it folks Jews win even when they lose, Specialy because his a black Jew. I like drakes music I won’t lie about that…but I’m not paying a penny to support a silver of silverest spoon feaded light skinned Jew who was rich before becoming famous.

52. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

^Atlantic Records fail. “Hi Hater” had spread like lime disease.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    really i dont even know the lyrics to that song…not even one line,if “Hi Hater” counts as a line

53. CiCi The Intern Says:

Fab is losing me … what the hell, John?

54. b-ease Says:

It happenns both ways. The streets have their artists, and the blogs have theirs. 4 years ago, it was all the streets, and 4 years from now it will probably be all blogs. Drake got his buzz off the internet though.

55. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/sofrito Says:

If you don’t think the Internet hasn’t been an integral part of Drake’s Buzz, well then you’re perception is skewed.

# k1ng Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

=============================

^All of this.

57. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:23 pm

There are other sources and outlets besides nahright…

Of course there are, I never said anything to the contrary.

____________________________________________________________

It just about had everything to do with his buzz…..where would kanye be without Jay?….thats why the man is dedicating songs to him…yeah they both got talent, but without a cosign from a street nigga…Its gonna be hard for the gully niggas to follow

58. Belize Says:

rowdyroddypipeher Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:51 am
    Belize Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:35 am
    seriously, dont front..u bought that joint in 98′? Before X, Pun, Hov? Aquemini?!..before 400 Degreez? Damn homie
    Nah to be honest I didn’t even know he’d dropped a solo album til about 4 years ago… shits underrated tho

what the best track on that joint? Im gonna youtube it up

——————————————————–

check out “state to state” with him and common tight ass joint

^^^^^^^^

dat joint was pretty dope

59. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Yo this Glenwood is probably the only Big sean joint i like but it slaps!

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Fab is losing me … what the hell, John?

^Fab is ashy ass cheeks to me these days. Unless he’s on somebody’s remix I really don’t care. The last joint of his I really liked was “Make You Better”, and Neyo and Timbaland are actually the ones who made that song epic.

61. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm
    # Eastern_Digital Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Is there a verdict for Max yet?

^Won’t be until Monday.

Was listening to PD3 last nite while floating. Still not quite sure the big deal was, but I’m not gonna act like alot of that shit doesnt knock suitably.

62. D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/sofrito Says:

*Does jazz hands on GP*

I stopped listening to Big Sean after “Gone Head Get You Some”. Mind you, that’s the only song I listened to.

64. b-ease Says:

D. Billz Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:27 pm
    # k1ng Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

=============================

^All of this.

^Anti-Semitism >>>>>

65. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:26 pm

__________________________________________________________

The internet blogs was posting concerts fam. LMAO…what are you talking about?….Drake’s large fanbase is not on the internet blogs….

Hip-hop fans who don’t listen to drake got their info of drake from the internet….Just because YOU got it from the blogs doesn’t mean it was blog hype….

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

D. Billz Says:

June 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm
    # Eastern_Digital Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Is there a verdict for Max yet?

^Won’t be until Monday.

^Cool. Now your next Wavy University homework assignment is bump Million Dollar Baby 2, CokeWave, and Quarantine. You’re a weedhead, so I’m assuming all of this will be done by… August.

^Anti-Semitism >>>>>

^ “Jew the fuckin best, Jew the fuckin best” (c) Drake

Reachin’? Of course. But hatin’ Jews is a national past time like hotdogs and baseball.

68. Boosie Says:

# D_Block_4_Life aka heat the track up like adobo/sazon/sofrito Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:27 pm

______________________________________________________________-

who said it wasn’t integral?….Eskay still claiming he never composed one Drake Post and Drake is buzzing all over….

If eskay got the top blog in the land, why aint he composing drake’s Post? Why is his 2 weed carriers posting it that live in two different cities?

69. the real truth Says:

Anti-Semitism >>>>>

Werd to Rosenberg

70. CiCi The Intern Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Fab is losing me … what the hell, John?

I just heard all the those Fab joints that leaked today.

WACK.

The Ne-Yo joint is some basura
    The Trey Songz record sounds like it was a remix to his “Last Time” that landed on some mixtape
    When the Money Goes? Not in Fab’s pocket.

He needs to get his shit together.

“Make You Better” was the worst thing that could have happened to that dude. Now he thinks he can make an album chock full of those joints and he’s going to be aight.

For Desert Storm to cosign this is a fucking travesty.

# Boosie Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:30 pm

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:26 pm

__________________________________________________________

^I don’t know fam. Even the artists I hate I’m aware of what they got goin’ on and I really haven’t heard of Drake around here until the Internet.

72. b-ease Says:

Drake’s large fanbase is not on the internet blogs….

You’re going in a bunch of different directions, it’s confusing.

Anyway, we were talking about where the buzz ORIGINATED from. Does Drake have love on the streets now? Of course. He had love on the net first though.

The internet blogs was posting concerts fam

LMAO, what are YOU talking about?? They werent posting his mixtapes and songs either? You stopped making complete sense a little while ago.

Fabolous Sport > Loso

74. k1ng Says:

“Jew the fuckin best, Jew the fuckin best” (c) Drake

*DEAD*

75. b-ease Says:

^ “Jew the fuckin best, Jew the fuckin best” (c) Drake

GATTTT (c) you know who

76. the real truth Says:

Jew Hate is such a pasttime that even Jews hate themselves…thats ridiculous

77. b-ease Says:

I’m assuming all of this will be done by… August.

Wow…that’s really giving the kid the benefit of the doubt fam. October is much more realistic.

78. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

hope they throw that nigga under the jail so i wont have to hear his voice

79. the real truth Says:

@ Nation

Mastered D.O.A has arrived…get that posted ASAP

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I’m assuming all of this will be done by… August.

^I’m so not alive right now.

81. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

More drake hate?! Oy Vay!

See what i did there?

Fuck you, it took me 30mins to come up with that

82. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

@ Nation

Mastered D.O.A has arrived…get that posted ASAP

–Where

83. Boosie Says:

# b-ease Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Drake’s large fanbase is not on the internet blogs….

You’re going in a bunch of different directions, it’s confusing.

The internet blogs was posting concerts fam

____________________________________________________________

Going in a bunch of directions? You fail to see the points I have provided you with….His Large fanbase (weezy fans) are not on the hip-hop blogs like nahright checking for his shit….

Niggas and bitches on the streets knew about drake MONTHS ago and not on the net

Drake had love on the Net cause the net followed….Not the other way around. Dude is not a blog creation like Kid cudi.

Just cause you on the net all day, doesnt mean thats where drake got his buzz from….I bet you thought gucci mane got his buzz off the net too..

Bitches>streets> internet…..

84. the real truth Says:

@ Nation

Mastered D.O.A has arrived…get that posted ASAP

–Where

ElliottWilson Anybody got “D.O.A.” Mastered Dirty? I do.
    4 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Where do you think its gonna be

85. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

So much for CC > Johan right Land

86. CiCi The Intern Says:

# A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:
    June 6th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

More drake hate?! Oy Vay!

See what i did there?

Fuck you, it took me 30mins to come up with that

Fuck you too.

87. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

ElliottWilson Anybody got “D.O.A.” Mastered Dirty? I do.
    4 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Where do you think its gonna be

–Whoa Whoa you sassin’ me?

LF: Didn’t know Smash & Yung C had a vid for “Bit Too Much For Me”

89. b-ease Says:

….I bet you thought gucci mane got his buzz off the net too..

Just goes to prove you’re not reading, you’re just on another one of your crusades to prove that blogs arent relevant in creating hiphop stars.

*yawns*

90. the real truth Says:

–Whoa Whoa you sassin’ me?

Lol sassin?…nah not at all my nigga

91. b-ease Says:

LOL, sure they did!

92. Micheal Tyson aka I Want Money Like Cosby Says:

Tila Tequila Grinds Off & Challenges Specatular Of Pretty Ricky!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    *throw up in mouth*

Tila Tequila is so un-attractive its not even funny

93. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

–Whoa Whoa you sassin’ me?

Lol sassin?…nah not at all my nigga

–*Daps truth*

94. Rockabye Says:

Sorry I wasn’t around earlier, Tribe. CiCi’s right. It’s also from “Wheely Shit,” same verse/song without the Sean verse.

95. the real truth Says:

*Daps Tribe*

96. Darri Says:

Why did dudes stop “on a beat” in a cipher. What happened to beatboxing in a cipher or having some sort of a rhythm? A very negative evolution imo. This freestyles are just sounding like a bad stand up with no jokes.