Video: Drake Talks Jay-Z & Lil Wayne

via MTV News:

“Everybody is looking for this one joint with me and Jay, so that needs to happen,” Drake said. “My goal at this point is to keep making that organic music. I don’t wanna feel pressure now that I have a single and music that’s hot,” he added. “I don’t wanna be pressured … that, ‘Oh I have to have radio hits.’ I just wanna make music people enjoy.”

As Drake continues to impress fans and peers, he says that one guy he looks to for advice is none other than the head of his Young Money clique, Lil Wayne.

“Wayne is another one that — rap-wise, verse-wise — was my favorite,” he said. “And to be under his wing, to be able to interact with him on a daily basis and talk to him and get information from him — I’m in a blessed position. I have the greatest mentors, the greatest teachers in the world. They all have gradually started to embrace me more and more, so it’s a great feeling.”

44 Responses to “Video: Drake Talks Jay-Z & Lil Wayne”

who’s this guy

2. Mac Brown aka Montgomery Blaine (classy) Says:

farts

3. Beezy Says:

eskay = black Perez

4. CiCi The Intern Says:

Dammit, Jimmy…

5. Beezy Says:

Audio: Drake – “eskay touched it in the VIP”

6. Joe 88 Says:

I swear it looks like this nigga face is melting everytime I see him (pause)

7. G7 Says:

>>^I think that’s said at least once a day on nah…lol

^i’ve been demoted to part-time status for a minute now.

*swipes l.p.*

8. Victory Says:

YO TRIBE

WTF iS WRONG WITH YOU?

Why, whenever I’m on Nah, u have to come with some bullshit like Em is better tha Pharoahe?

Eat a dick. Stop loving me so much to do this shit whenever u see me comment. What, you want my attention, you faggot? YOUR FAVOURITE RAPPER IS A HOMO. Just out of principle, Relapse was a homosexual album with homosexual publicity stunts. Deal with it.

9. Ghost Writer Says:

This might be the start of something great like Krush Groove

10. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

YO TRIBE

WTF iS WRONG WITH YOU?

Why, whenever I’m on Nah, u have to come with some bullshit like Em is better than Pharoahe.

Eat a dick. Stop loving me so much to do this shit whenever u see me comment.

–Maricon, que te pasa, tu ta loco? metete esa cabeza en tu culo desgraciao

11. geico lizard Says:

“They all have gradually started to embrace me more and more, so it’s a great feeling.”

Look at Drakes shirt and read between the lines of that statement.

12. G7 Says:

nahdrake.com

13. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

GATTT!

14. Geronimo P Says:

I think Les got some dope shit (pause) but be real, he hasn’t had any major placements for other high profile artist and as an artist he has no vocal range and can’t really sing. his songs would work better for other artist. no shots and dude, he’s super talented, I’m def not as nice as him. I’m just saying he has yet to do anything major on the production/artist said.

^I understand what you’re saying, but the artist that he was banking on dumped him to suck off Puff. Don’t think for one second that puff has much to do with the actual music that Cassie released. She was R Les’s artist.

15. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

SHOUTOUT: Conor

>>Audio: Drake – “eskay touched it in the VIP”

i’ve never composed a Drake post in my life.

17. G7 Says:

Drake’s Coffee Cake(c) Seinfeld > Drake the artist

18. Beezy Says:

RIP eskay’s heterosexuality

1972-The Moment He Laid Eyes on Drake

19. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

landLORD Says:

March 1st, 2007 at 3:52 pm
    cold Says:

March 1st, 2007 at 3:49 pm
    Nell Carter > the moms from Whats Happening

——————————–

… Thea > Nell Carter …

20. Big Homie Says:

“And to be under his wing, to be able to interact with him on a daily basis and talk to him and get information from him — I’m in a blessed position.”

^ ayo?

21. Beezy Says:

Drake’s Coffee Cake(c) Seinfeld

^how about (c) the actual product

22. Joe 88 Says:

remember when this site had them gay dating ads? SMFH

nhoc

23. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Nah deadass tho

Em > Pharoahe

24. CiCi The Intern Says:

The Great Mulatto Hope

25. Jersey*made*me Says:

… Thea > Nell Carter …

Co-sign.Thea smoke Kush and got some soft looking tits with tats on em.

26. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

Hes half jewish, No nazi jokes?!

Old nah would have gone in!

27. Dre Says:

# eskay Says:
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:17 pm e

>>Audio: Drake – “eskay touched it in the VIP”

i’ve never composed a Drake post in my life.
    _______________________________________

Liar.

I remember thinking Drake’s verse is trash… still do. Although it was kinda hot when he performed it.

(…yea i know you posted for the Wayne feature… I only listened for the same reason…)

28. Victory Says:

The funny thing is, if you told Eminem that he was better than Pharoahe, he would smack you in the mouth.

29. Big Homie Says:

Yo that Big Mac ad to the right is making me hungry. Im about to click it and see what happens. Maybe a Big Mac will appear?

30. Big_seth Says:

# CiCi The Intern Says:
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:21 pm

The Great Mulatto Hope

you rang?

31. A tribe called quest aka The Luke Perry of Nah Right Says:

–lol I want to smoke what you’re smoking. Unless its pole, i dont do that.

32. Ghost Writer Says:

Es acts like he doesn’t condone the Drake posts

33. Prince Says:

chill the lil homie is nice, i forsee a bright hip hop future for him.. but i could be wrong

34. Victory Says:

Big Homie Says
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

*dead and gone*

35. G7 Says:

Beezy Says:

June 4th, 2009 at 12:21 pm
    Drake’s Coffee Cake(c) Seinfeld

^how about (c) the actual product

^lol. i thought it was something fictional from the show. they actually look pretty good.

36. G7 Says:

Beezy Says:

June 4th, 2009 at 12:21 pm
    Drake’s Coffee Cake(c) Seinfeld

^how about (c) the actual product

>>The first time I noticed Drake (pause) was on Drake ft. Lil Wayne – Ransom that you posted.

ok, you got me, but that was clearly for the wayne verse. I also put up the Rosenberg x Drake x Yeezy clip.

so for those of you keeping score at home that’s:

Drake post count:

eskay: 2

nation: 1,548

Dre: 1,673

38. Prince Says:

Victory Says:

June 4th, 2009 at 12:26 pm
    Big Homie Says
    June 4th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

*dead and gone*

^ no t.i.p.

>>Es acts like he doesn’t condone the Drake posts

of course I do, otherwise they wouldn’t be up. but I’m nowhere near being a Drake stan.

40. TheCo!!inB Says:

drakeright.com

41. Beezy Says:

ok, you got me

^ayooooooooooo

42. UNORIGINAL Says:

WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT DRAKE GOT ROBBED AT GUNPOINT THE OTHER WEEK IN TDOT… WORD ON THE STREET IS ALSO THAT I PURCHASE GUNS FOR THE CHEAPEST MARGINS AND SMASH BLOGGERS FACES IN WITH BOWLING BALLS. ASK ABOUT ME.. OH YEAH FUCK U AND WHAT YOUR GOING THRU

43. Seth Gueko Says:

take ya two millie with universal and shut the fuc up
    drop ya album and do ya thang, nothin’ mo homie
    u hav th buzz now thus get ya chance this winter
    peace

44. fait Says:

drake is where its at, yall are faggot ass niggas get with the program.