Video: Asher Roth Likens Himself to Black Star

Not exactly comparing himself like YN said.

He said he’s more in the lane of the Black Star/Kweli/Common/A Tribe Called Quest/The Roots oh the world, instead of  what people tend to group him as: white rapper/Eminem’s. I don’t hear it but then again i’m more familiar with Black Star’s stuff than Asher’s (or ATCQ’s, ha!)

41 Responses to “Video: Asher Roth Likens Himself to Black Star”

1. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

He said he’s more in the lane of the Black Star/Kweli/Common/A Tribe Called Quest/The Roots oh the world.

^^^^^
    thats fucking gay

Im in the lane of trying to keep it fresh funky and getting pussy.

2. Jimmy valentime Says:

punches asher in the mouth for even saying he can hang with rawkus ….

3. Jersey*made*me Says:

Video: Asher Roth Likens Himself Star of David

*fixed*

4. Jimmy valentime Says:

He couldnt even hang with EL-p as an emcee

5. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Jersey*made*me Says:

May 6th, 2009 at 6:23 pm
    Video: Asher Roth Likens Himself Star of David

^^^^^^^^^
    *FUCKING DEAD*

Yo Blood on the apron dropped?????

6. herbal kint Says:

A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 6:17 pm
    Ty *daps*

Did you see the game last night.. Joba single handedly made the rivalry better cause the yankees are playing like girls

.. of course I did, Joba held it down after the first inning, did you see the stat they dug up to everyone that thinks he should go back to relieving ? since he has been starting he has the 6th best era in baseball in the same timeframe, only CC, roy oswalt, I think dan haren, rich harden one someone else I forgot who has done better…. Obviously they are struggling now but I’m still not worried, Tex still hasn’t gotten hot ( none ) a-rod back by the weekend CC will just get better and they are only what 4 or 5 out in early may ….

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 6:19 pm

*sheeps it up*

*buys levis jacket with the sheep interior*

^Son, I got that jacket. Originally $80, copped it on sale at Macy’s for like $15. AND it’s cordorouy. It’s a trucker jacket. Niggas be havin’ jokes. LOL

8. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

brown shoes with red laces look soo gangsta

9. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 6:23 pm
    Ty, the song is good, and I thought Sev’s verse was dope.

.. word thanks for checking, what did you think of the 3rd verse by rhyminal I thought he murked them all, also did you listen to the term mixtape, the song rhyminal did with term rhym bodied him ?

10. Eastern_Digital Says:

brown shoes with red laces look soo gangsta

soowoo on the low.

ink my whole my body, I don’t give a motherfuck

I know I’m late with this song, but this shit is creck.

>>what did you think of the 3rd verse by rhyminal I thought he murked them all, also did you listen to the term mixtape, the song rhyminal did with term rhym bodied him ?

yeah, 3rd kid was nice too. I didn’t hear the entire Term, nah. I might have heard that song but it doesn’t ring a bell.

13. Mac Brown aka Montgomery Blaine (classy) Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

May 6th, 2009 at 6:26 pm
    brown shoes with red laces look soo gangsta

^^I got a pair of shoes like that I think?

yeah yeah I do…..got em from saks though, sooo thats not so “gansta”

14. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

–Johan was the one you missed. I still think he should be the closer after mariano is done. But yea i dont think arod is going to help much, that bullpen is just horrible

Who saw the knicks…err…Lebron take care of the hawks last night

15. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

i swear my horniness has been uncontrollable since them Panamanian jawns

16. BIG STRONG AKA Mr. Duck Ass Nigga Exposer Says:

Damn Eskay shut Amp down like the Korean Marlket Boycott

17. herbal kint Says:

@ tribe – we may disagree a lot about the yanks sox but we generally have the same taste in music, you wanna check out this track my boys did over a premo beat and tellme what you think, the second verse if a good friend of mine and I know the 3rd guy pretty well and the 4th less I think the song overall is crack but I admit I’m biased but can easily admit rhyminal ( 3rd verse ) murked everyone

zshare.net/audio/59674463b272a7e6/

18. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

yeah yeah I do…..got em from saks though, sooo thats not so “gansta”

^^^^^
    in a good way like them old school boots that were brown and had the red laces

19. Eastern_Digital Says:

ink my whole my body, I don’t give a motherfuck

I know I’m late with this song, but this shit is creck.

what song?

20. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/05/i-hereby-renounce-my-american-citizenship

21. Nanyanen Says:

Whas kracken? (no Jack Sparrow)

22. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

…. just check the second song, rhyminology over the criminology beat, term held it down but rhym bodied him, either way good looks for checking it out …

23. Jersey*made*me Says:

LMAO@ Trick Daddy getting tight cuz Trina said Hov was her favorite rapper.Don’t bammas know they chicks love niggas from up top?

But FTR,Trick went in on “I’m so Hood”.

*inks his whole body*

*doesn’t give a motherfuck*

Trick had FL on his back after 2 Live Crew phased. All them ninjas down there gotta pay homage: Flo Rida, RAWSE, Plies, etc.

26. herbal kint Says:

Tribe said : Johan was the one you missed. I still think he should be the closer after mariano is done. But yea i dont think arod is going to help much, that bullpen is just horrible

word it was Johan, however he would get shelled in yankee stadium he hangs too many pitches still glad we kept Hughes he might not be as good now but will be better in a year or 2, with Bruney out the pen is struggling and Coke needs to be the 8th inning guy not allabendejo

27. Nanyanen Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

May 6th, 2009 at 6:32 pm
    smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/05/i-hereby-renounce-my-american-citizenship

How much is airfare to panama?

28. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Trick daddy made beautiful bamma music, not quite Outkast but far from D4L

29. Jersey*made*me Says:

Who saw the knicks…err…Lebron take care of the hawks last night

That was brutal to watch.My son been acting out lately,I might make him watch Game 2 for a punishment.

Trick Daddy’s “In The Wind” with C-Lo is also a personal favorite.

I know I brought this up before… but nothin’ was more priceless than the expression on Free’s face on 106 when AJ asked if Trick ever dated Trina, and Trick responded, “by dated, do you mean have I ever made her tounge-slap her brains out?”

31. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Free’s whimsical giggle >_______

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Trick daddy made beautiful bamma music, not quite Outkast but far from D4L

^True dat. “Nann” is still a classic. Trina aint really have no ass back then. She had a nice shape though.

33. D Says:

Is Wale’s new tape still dropping tomorrow? I’m from VA and have supported him since the Paint a Picture days, but his buzz is sinking like a lead baloon.

34. Jimmy valentime Says:

Trick was dope

::plays thug holiday ::

35. Jersey*made*me Says:

Word is bond.Trick catalog is aiight too.That’s what puzzles me about Officer Rick being disrespectful towards Trick.

36. BIG STRONG AKA Mr. Duck Ass Nigga Exposer Says:

J. Cole >> Drake >> Wale>> Charley Ham

37. Jersey*made*me Says:

I repeat,

Nowhere to lay>Wale

38. KLO Says:

What’s goodie nah? Cookies-N-Apples Juice = video of the year so far…lol

39. BIG STRONG AKA Mr. Duck Ass Nigga Exposer Says:

*Wondering why everyone is acting like they didn’t see Amp get word smacked by Eskay and then vanish*

40. Kell-El Says:

*Listens to instrumentals at work for motivation to be productive*

*Helps a little*

41. samsohn Says:

damn man – I appreciate this kid’s honesty – but it only shows how dry of a personality he has and how much his label and mtv jumped the gun putting so much marketing behind him in this rap environment – i hope he proves me wrong