TSG: Alfamega Was a Government Informant

alfamega4

Wow, say it ain’t so Mega. According to The Smoking Gun, everybody’s favorite rap goon and symbol of Grand Hustle’s muscle, worked with the DEA as an “informant who snitched out criminal cohorts and testified as a government witness at the trial of an Atlanta heroin trafficker.”

Here’s what TSG found when they dug into the legal history of Cedric “Alfamega” Zellars:

Court records show that Zellars began working with law enforcement officials after he was sentenced in September 1995 to 110 months in a federal gun case (Zellars, who had a prior felony robbery conviction, was collared for selling weapons to an undercover federal agent). Zellars “agreed to cooperate with authorities and was debriefed” about the criminal activity of several individuals. “In particular he was debriefed concerning the drug trafficking activities of a Mr. Ali Baaqar,” according to a government court filing, a copy of which you’ll find below. During his cooperation against Baaqar, Zellars met with a DEA agent and a federal prosecutor, and subsequently testified at trial. “Ali Baaqar was convicted of conspiracy to distribute heroin based upon the trial testimony of [Zellars] and others.” In return for his snitching, Zellars had 18 months shaved off his prison term when he was resentenced in July 1997 by Judge J. Owen Forrester.

Damn homie. Read all of the supporting evidence here.

104 Responses to “TSG: Alfamega Was a Government Informant”

1. Hoskins Says:

* slits own throat @ thought of the comments*

2. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

dammmmnnnn homie

3. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

Alfa we hardly knew ye

4. G7 Says:

ALF!

5. Jae Says:

UNBELIEVABLE….

Whats TIP thinking right now?

6. Danielson a.k.a. I love a pretty bitch but my Range looks gorgeous Says:

what. the. fuck.

7. Carlos Voltron Says:

First TI then alfa. These niggas are pro police all the way.

8. high my name is sean Says:

figures. most rappers talk shit but only back it up with BULLSHIT.

9. Danielson a.k.a. I love a pretty bitch but my Range looks gorgeous Says:

UNBELIEVABLE….

Whats TIP thinking right now?

tip knows. hes an informant too i bet. just saying.

10. geico lizard Says:

Say it aint so alfa, say it aint so?

11. Big_seth Says:

DAMN,

Its a sad day when the biggest goon is a snitch & the biggest rapper is an ex cop.

LMAO @ everything.

12. G7 Says:

man, his career was really going somewhere. smh.

13. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

all you niggas would do the same looking at damn near 10yrs.

Fuck anyone who says different.

14. wow Says:

and motherfuckers still want to act like T.I. isnt a snitch?

fuck out of here

15. G7 Says:

*chappelle’s voice* PSYCH!!!

16. Mag Says:

Grand Hustle!!!

WE LOCK NIGGAS UP

17. esquire Says:

i just got an internship with the prosecutor’s office this summer
    did i just ether my future rap career?

18. silas Says:

guess thats why he was smiling ing that pic with the cops

19. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

LMAO @ eskay not using the word “snitch” anywhere in this post….don’t be scurred..uh uh…don’t never be scurred (n/h), lol..

20. Dre Says:

Only 18 months off? if he was gonna snitch he should have least got more than that smh

21. Harlem World Says:

Ross is saved. A snitch is 10x worse than a c.o. Im just waiting for T.I’s papers now.

22. I Fux Says:

#

# Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 12:55 pm

all you niggas would do the same looking at damn near 10yrs.

Fuck anyone who says different.

NOT I Homie. DOnt lump me into “ALL YOU”. I was raised differently. WHEN YOU SNITCH it will come back to bite you or your family. IF YOU WANT TO BE STREET THEN YOU LIVE BY THE CODES OF THE STREET. you cant turn straight after you get caught. *daps All*

^ word I woulda ate those 18 months.

24. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

^LOL co-sign. 18months aint much of a sentence reduction.

25. Harlem World Says:

In fact, isn’t his life in danger now? That’s if he’s really from Bankhead.

26. geico lizard Says:

Cam’ron is looking suspect as hell in these photos. As a matter of fact, he looks more suspect in his mid 30’s than he did when he was wearing pink in his late 20’s.

Is Cam’ron a DL Booty Bandit-Thug?

Bossip went hard at Cam for no reason. Cam will have to diss them in his next freestyle. They dont normally go that hard at guys unless they see them with a white girl.

27. I Fux Says:

Plus he snitched on what seems to be a Muslim

28. Jae Says:

icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Re-read first para.

29. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

yo the TSG headline is CLASSIC:

“T.I.’s Snitch Posse”

In fact, isn’t his life in danger now? That’s if he’s really from Bankhead.

^ word, those filed should of been sealed. The shit I dont understand is that show DEA that comes on A&E or Spike ch, these niggas be exposing the snitches. Thats dirty all in the name of ratings.

31. Big_seth Says:

# Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 12:55 pm

all you niggas would do the same looking at damn near 10yrs.

Fuck anyone who says different.

Its one thing to act like a thug & then snitch, Its one thing to do dirt & then snitch, its another thing to be an Account exec & then snitch.

I have no reason to snitch on anyone, nor will I ever put myself in a position to be that person. I aint judging, just sayin its crazy.

I wasn’t gonna cop his album either way. LOL

32. geico lizard Says:

Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

May 5th, 2009 at 12:55 pm
    all you niggas would do the same looking at damn near 10yrs.

Fuck anyone who says different.

Shyne is one of the few that didnt talk and just took his dime like a man.

33. AmpGeez a.k.a. AG Da Gooseman Says:

Wow!

Kill All Rats, b.

34. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

Reading comprehension failure, on my part***

35. Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:

its another thing to be an Account exec & then snitch.

^LOL shots fired!

36. I Fux Says:

Thats dirty all in the name of ratings.

}^^ word on 1st 48 but them cops dont give a fuck.

On the SMoking gun they got a section called Riders and its what artists need on the set of the venue of a concert and its just contracts but some of the shit they ask for is hilarious.

37. dorian gray Says:

Ha haaaaaa! (C) Jeezy

38. Big_seth Says:

# I Fux Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Plus he snitched on what seems to be a Muslim

LMAO. Ol’ snitchin on persecuted peoples lookin nigga.

*daps fux*

I’m off to lunch now.

39. I Fux Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjWhVu58bOA

cant deny that this ALfa song knocked though

40. Mag Says:

# wavy is a cliche Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

how this nigga cartoon even jordan down to the socks. smfh
    dead*

41. Big_seth Says:

# Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 1:05 pm

its another thing to be an Account exec & then snitch.

^LOL shots fired!

LOL. Never that my nig.

*daps*

42. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

Doe-ray-me-fa-so-la-ti-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

43. dorian gray Says:

Shawty lo stay winning.

44. samsohn Says:

damn

45. I Fux Says:

it went from 110 months to 18 months = snitching for the win

46. Danielson a.k.a. I love a pretty bitch but my Range looks gorgeous Says:

^co-sign.

now all the ross haters can stfu finally.

cant wait til those ti papers are leaked

47. Mac Brown aka Montgomery Blaine (classy) Says:

Maybe its just me, but shit like this is what makes me no longer want to listen to hip hop………

I just don’t give a fuck what the nigga did….just make music.

48. GC Says:

all that for only 18 months off?

49. geico lizard Says:

I Fux Says:

May 5th, 2009 at 1:07 pm
    youtube.com/watch?v=yjWhVu58bOA

cant deny that this ALfa song knocked though

co-sign that and “4 or 5 ways”

50. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

Mac Brown aka Montgomery Blaine (classy) Says:

May 5th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I just don’t give a fuck what the nigga did….just make music.

**Co-sign..it’s all WWE, soap opera and gossip mixed up in one, these days…maybe that’s just to distract from the fact that 99% of the music is trash…

51. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

I’m surprised TSG even wasted time on Alfamega..must be a slow news day…what’s next, a Trick Trick expose?

52. GC Says:

btw… what’s “the code of the street”? is here a book I can pick up?

there is no honour amongst thieves. remeber that.

53. Kid Icarus Says:

Niggas is retarded. Actin like the police is the enemy until tthey get robbed. Mega keep ya head up homie.

54. pockets Says:

u ppl listened to him

Region rapper racists 1
    Everyone else 0

55. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

For real, though, I understand that not snitching has its roots in slavery, where you had to protect your own, but in today’s climate, I’ll be damned if I got 3 hots and a cot (none), while some other nigga got pussy and playstation, just because I wouldn’t say shit to clear my own name…..what about the part of the code where you’re not supposed to let your boys rot in prison for some dumb shit you did? SMH….

56. Jae Says:

Alright….

Lets get a bet as to who will be the first rapper to create some punchline outta this..

I go with buddens.

57. icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

Kid Icarus Says:

May 5th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

**Don’t get it twisted…they ARE the enemy, for the most part…

58. nano Says:

P.S.C. = Private Snitch Club?

59. I Fux Says:

why doesnt it say his age if Alfmega was like 15 16 he probably was mad young and impressionable. I really cant blame him

60. Babydoll Says:

icon (trilllbert arenas) Says:

May 5th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

^LMAO

61. Darth Cipher Says:

rapp snitch knishes

62. moresickaMC Says:

smh@ ppl being shocked @ this. lol, dont tell me yall believe what rappers tell you? yall some lames

its all entertainment(c)Jay-Z

63. dorian gray Says:

@ Jae

Bar Exam 3 coming soon. I got 20 on Royce Nickel Nine.

I go with buddens.

…and niggas saying I can’t convert a bitch
    but anythings possible if Alfamega snitched.

65. esquire Says:

>>not snitching is coonery in my opinion. if you see a mother stealing to feed her children, pull her to the side and bless her so she doesn’t have to steal. However, if you see a fucking murderer on the loose, call the cops (no cam’ron).

66. Big Homie Says:

Interesting

67. Jae Says:

dorian gray Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 1:22 pm

@ Jae

Bar Exam 3 coming soon. I got 20 on Royce Nickel Nine.

Ah, good call. I forgot BE3 was coming.

68. Babydoll Says:

Yeen never in ya life seen this many rubber bands…yeen never in ya life seen this many hundred grands…

69. Kazaa Says:

Oh no, some rappers are tattle-tells? So you’re telling me that they are pretty much the same as every other criminal when their backs are against the wall? Stop the fucking presses!

70. Bryan Says:

be kinda hard for tip not to jump to some conclusions

71. moresickaMC Says:

# GC Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

btw… what’s “the code of the street”? is here a book I can pick up?

there is no honour amongst thieves. remeber that.
    lol @ ppl who belive snitching is such a rare thing. it happens on the reg evn in those so-called hard streets of yours. stop living in yr gangsta fantasies ppl

72. THE PIFF Says:

73. T-Money Says:

First rick ross, not alpha mega.

I applaud smokingunn.com for the exposure.

Pls keep them coming.

74. spirit equality Says:

and motherfuckers still want to act like T.I. isnt a snitch?

^^^ what alphamega did ain’t got shit to do with tip

75. Seattle Slim Says:

SO what if he snitched or worked as an informant? That’s what happens when you get into that game. You do dirty, you might get snitched on, you might have to snitch. It happens.

Don’t act like you wouldn’t want someone to snitch if someone hurt or murdered a member or members of your family. Get real.

He worked with the DEA, let’s move on.

76. spirit equality Says:

and this BACKS UP what tip said about “there’s no such thing as a secret snitch”. smoking gun found the paperwork, but no one can find paperwork proving tip snitched

but here’s the REAL question: why is smoking gun always digging up documents like this on black entertainers? are they out assailing the credibility of white tough guy entertainers too? like proving marilyn manson goes to church every sunday? LOL.

77. spirit equality Says:

^^^ for all we know, this dude alfamega flipped on may have been his worst enemy or some shit, but was too big on the street for dude to get him any other way. not that i give a fuck, the guy was allegedly a heroin importer. he knows that shit was illegal, whether he gets caught by a snitch or some other way, dudes can’t really cry too much about getting caught when they know they’re in the illegal life. trust nobody…they say it for a reason. i understand the principle of doing your time, staying quiet, etc, but dudes are out here snitching for all kinds of reasons…i heard about someone who snitched on a dude just to take his girl…now THAT is SMH-worthy

78. Ron Says:

SMH@ niggas on this site trying to rationalize snitching. “oh they left him for dead….oh he was only 15” get off that bullshit. You get into the game, you accept what comes with it. You niggas just showing the room your real character. I wouldn’t even litter amongst some of you.

79. 50 Cent Says:

wtf is wrong with rappers these days……..fuck, i bet u T.I. isn’t probably even locked up right now, hes probably snitching for something else.

80. BEZ Says:

Judging by the comments, I could do some criminal acts to ya’ll moms and not worry about the repercussions of police involvement.

I just have to worry about what ya’ll would do to me.

81. pacman 24 Says:

alfamega’s buzz was like one of Beanie Sigel pretty much known for havin hard raps an bein a real stand up nigga on the streets before he started rappin

i dnt think he’ll be able to recover from this one i kno T.I. is pissed after he invested all this money into him for it to go down the drain-mega should start looking for a new day job cus i guarantee his show money bout to go down

im not one to judge jail time cus ive never been faced with ever going but it jus looks bad that he had 110 months an went down as a snitch for only 18 months shaved

82. Jomoses Says:

*applies for job as mcdonalds informant*

83. SayyyWorddd Says:

Yo I agree with a lot of the comments made against Alfa(refuse to call him Mega), I swear though its not surprising.

84. Cinsere Says:

Yo! All that just to get 18 months knocked off! Fuckin’ lame!

85. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

ALFA GOT T.I. SET UP!! LOL

86. mike Says:

fuck the “hip hop code” and the “streets”.. if i get popped and they offer me a deal im singing like a bird…none of yall gonna be like, “yeah im not talking send me to jail for 5 yrs in the federal pen”.. computer gangstas at it again. Also this was 1997 and dude was a teenager probably.

87. RIOTLIFE Says:

Career Killer!

Snitchin aint cool if you in the game. period. Still I must admit theres ways of smart snitching. He´d gotten way more shaved off when if he did some serious help for the prosecution. Maybe that case against the dude he snitched on was already set… Just speculating… Alpha if you need some pr advice how to spin that shit, holla at me… LOL

88. we stone Says:

the truth will set you free

89. Sho Says:

For all those, alfamega was a teenager boo hoo ers. ALfa is 36 years old.

So in 1997, he was 24!

Stop snitching.

90. IUnderstanditnow Says:

NOW I GET IT. THE WHOLE CASE WITH TI WAS A FEDERAL RE-ENACTMENT. ALFAMEGA IS TI’S BODYGUARD WHO WAS BUYING /SELLING GUNS. BASICALLY THE FEDS ARE SAYING… “HEY TIP, THE MUSCLE OF GRANDHUSTLE ALREADY SNITCHED FOR US BACK IN THE DAY AND HE’S BASICALLY BODYGUARDING YOU NOW, SO WE’LL RE-CREATE A SITUATION TO SHOW THE WORLD WHAT IT WAS AND WHAT IT IS”

91. FAT MAN SCOOTER Says:

Dam I like this dude as T.I’s Goon shit 50 with the order of protection Rawse a cop now this? I’m gonna start listening to Rock for now on!

92. Slim Says:

# Beezy aka Chicago Larry on FTLORJ Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 12:55 pm

all you niggas would do the same looking at damn near 10yrs.

Fuck anyone who says different.

I wasn’t gonna cop his album either way. LOL

^^^^^^
    I’m an account exec, and I have yet to snitch

93. Brian Says:

lol @ all these comments.

snitching is so bad, but importing heroin is totally fine.

yeah, alfamega is the bad guy here, you right.

94. iStax Says:

FUCK STREET CRED, SHITS DISGUSTING!!!!

95. iStax Says:

mike Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

^^^Co-Sign, man hate them fake ass internet gangstas too

96. Kez Says:

88. iStax Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

mike Says:
    May 5th, 2009 at 2:25 pm

^^^Co-Sign, man hate them fake ass internet gangstas too

I hear ya but I think your missing the point. IMHO, this dude did not actually “snitch” unless he and dude knew each other and were involving in missions and capers together.

97. Ziploc Moe Says:

“All disloyal guys should be shot in they back once, and left paralyzed” – Billy Danze

98. Nah Right » Blog Archive » T.I.: “I don’t forsee me or my company playing a role in his personal or professional business.” Says:

[…] Previously: TSG: Alfamega Was a Government Informant […]

99. Flyboi Says:

I SWEAR I WOULD HAVE SNITCHED IF I WAS FACING 10 YEARS

100. N***A Pleez Says:

LMAO@ niggas on here! I don’t believe half the shit rappers say. Like nobody went and saw training day and was like “yo denzel be thuggin it!” it’s entertainment. I don’t know the street code or even fuck wit it cuz I ain’t in the streets like that. Some uh yaw ain’t neither, otherwise you wouldn’t have time to post so much in here. My thing is if you rap and don’t do that shit, find somethin else to rap about. It’s too easy to rap about crack and guns anyway.

101. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Alfamega Stays Losing Says:

[…] Your rap career comes to a screeching halt after you’re outed as a DEA snitch and your boss publicly fires you for failing to disclose the details of your past. Unfortunately […]

102. Alfamega Stays Losing | Check the Blog Says:

[…] from NahRight Imagine: Your rap career comes to a screeching halt after you’re outed as a DEA snitch and your boss publicly fires you for failing to disclose the details of your past. Unfortunately […]

103. Nah Right » Open Letter to Tip from Alfamega Says:

[…] Previously: Alfamega Stays Losing | T.I.’s Statement About Alfamega | TSG: Alfamega Was a Government Informant […]

104. Nah Right » TSG vs. Alfamega: Round III Says:

[…] Previously: Alfamega Stays Losing | TSG: Alfamega Was a Government Informant […]