Lil Wayne Suing “I Feel Like Dying” Producer For Not Clearing Sample Beforehand

lil-wayne-hp-pavillion-march27th2009

This is beyond retarded, especially since “I Feel Like Dying” is not even on the album.

Lil Wayne is suing the producer of a song he performed that allegedly sampled another singer’s work without permission.

A lawsuit filed last year against Lil Wayne accuses him of copyright infringement, saying he failed to secure permission to sample folk singer Karma-Ann Swanepoel’s song “Once” on his track “I Feel Like Dying.”

A lawsuit filed last week by the rapper’s lawyers says Rebel Rock Productions Inc., of Coconut Creek, Fla., produced “I Feel Like Dying” and was responsible for obtaining any necessary licensing agreements.

Rebel Rock hasn’t responded to Lil Wayne’s claims and doesn’t have a lawyer named in court records. A telephone number listed for the company has been disconnected.

Last month, a federal magistrate ordered rapper Lil Wayne to turn over financial records for his Grammy-winning album, “Tha Carter III,” to Urband & Lazar Music Publishing, which published “Once.”

via MTV News & AP

35 Responses to “Lil Wayne Suing “I Feel Like Dying” Producer For Not Clearing Sample Beforehand”

1. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

didnt the artist sampled on that track sue Wayne??

damn Wayne’s lawyers never sleep

2. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

Does anyone know what mixtape/album ‘I feel like dying is on”

3. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

[*cough* $12 Evil Empire Rick Ross mixtapes in Best Buy *cough*]

^^^^^
    How the fuck does that happen?

i saw some shit at circut city and was like WTF its free.

4. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

April 29th, 2009 at 6:18 pm
    Does anyone know what mixtape/album ‘I feel like dying is on”
    ^^^^^^
    Lil Weezyiana or some shit

5. Dre Says:

The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 6:17 pm e

didnt the artist sampled on that track sue Wayne??
    ________________________________________________

Yes, it’s in the article….

I think this a tactic for his defense in that case.

6. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

I feel like Dying should’ve been on the album..

real talk i coulda done without

La La
    Phone Home
    Playin with Fire
    Don’t Get it

with all the fuckin music he put out beforehand, that album shouldn’t have had any filler tracks and yet, here they are..

btw, upon repeated listens 3peat is the best track on the album

Wayne’s Jew-Unit ftw.

8. Dre Says:

# A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 6:18 pm e

Does anyone know what mixtape/album ‘I feel like dying is on”
    ______________________________________

It’s on Empire’s Drought Is Over Pt.2: Carter 3 Sessions. It wasn’t an Empire exclusive because “I Feel Like Dying” and “La La La” leaked the week before C3 Sessions came out, although they are on the same C3 advance that Empire used….

9. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

Phone home was dope

I haven’t heard I Feel Like Dying in a fucking minute, that was my get high song in ’07.

*fills one-hitter*

*searches mp3 archives*

11. nation Says:

>> “I Feel Like Dying” isn’t a track on “Tha Carter III,” but a lawyer for Urband & Lazar argues that Lil Wayne promoted the album by singing that song in concert and allowing fans to download it for free on his Web site.

hey, record labels and people in the music industry, go fuck yourselves

12. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

*Plays i feel like dying*

*Remember the dopeness of this song*

13. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

Yes, it’s in the article….

true

*remembers to respect Dre’s excerpt/editorial game*

14. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

When I saw weezy all the whites went crazy and song I feel like dyin along with weezy. Passing joints to random spectators, straight pig flu no no!

15. CheezyDoDo Says:

Well too be fair Wayne got sued for this song also
    so its only fair he sues the person who actually made the beat
    also this song was pretty big, it was getting blasted out of cars and lil wayne even performed it at concerts

16. AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don't Fail Me Now Says:

oh and Prostitute Flange, I forgot all about this song.

Wayne singing on that > 90% of R&B that came out that year.

even though it’s basically a cover.

18. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

–Before my comp crashed i had a mixtape with i feel like dying, I gutted it and kept that with a couple other dope songs. Im trying to remember which ones

19. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don’t Fail Me Now Says:

April 29th, 2009 at 6:24 pm
    ^^^^^^
    but how does that mixtape get there in the 1st place(best buy)?

>>Anybody who pays for a mixtape outta Best Buy when there are bootleggers everywhere needs to be slapped.

anybody (with internet access) who pays a bootlegger should be waterboarded.

21. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

*Lights imaginary L*

*I feel like dying finishes*

*Doobie ashtray emerges*

WINS!

22. CheezyDoDo Says:

btw, upon repeated listens 3peat is the best track on the album

————\

shoot me down and tie my hands >>>>>>>>>

and comfortable and dr carter were dope also

23. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

Some of wayne’s bet verses was over Khaled joints IMO

24. AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don't Fail Me Now Says:

That’s why we have the local African bootlegger.

25. AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don't Fail Me Now Says:

Somebody had the nerve to take the herb outta my doobie ashtray, why they do me that way?

26. Dre Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don’t Fail Me Now Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 6:27 pm e

That’s why we have the local African bootlegger.
    ________________________________________________________

Cats in the hood get bootlegs at the barbershop.

The only people being scammed are white boys in the suburbs.

27. AmpGeez a.k.a. Pimpin Don't Fail Me Now Says:

but how does that mixtape get there in the 1st place(best buy)?
    =======================================
    This is the question of the day.

28. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

The only people being scammed are white boys in the suburbs.

^^^^^
    who aint nice with the broadband

It took TY 3 years of nah to open a zip file, no shots.

29. The Shot Clock aka servin through my burglar bars Says:

————\

shoot me down and tie my hands >>>>>>>>>

and comfortable and dr carter were dope also

comfortable and nothin on me are the only ones incontention

u better keep payin me
    cos u dont want my problems
    i be wildin like capitol one
    what is in ur wallet
    u fly
    but what is it pilot
    weezy, i’m at the top
    foot up in ur bottom
    damn i mean foot up in yo ass
    i kick that shit i dont put it in the trash

>>There are cats in the hood who have no computer & have no idea how to go about getting music if they did.

niggas need to step they game up, I have no sympathy for technologically challenged people.

*side eyes Ty Biggs*

>>but how does that mixtape get there in the 1st place(best buy)?

it gets there because the DJ goes through a distributor who places CDs in record stores.

32. Kapulot Says:

“# eskay Says:
    April 29th, 2009 at 6:26 pm

anybody (with internet access) who pays a bootlegger should be waterboarded.”

*spits drink out*

33. we stone Says:

oOoooonlyyyyy ooooonce the druuuugs arrrre doone… that iii feeeeel like dyyyiiinnnnggg

34. sal g Says:

ne1 know wat mixtape has
    i feel like dieing
    boys in blue
    kush
    my house
    n some other ones i cant remember? i thought i originally burned this onto a dvd with the rest of my music but i’ve gone through like a stack of 25 and cant find it :(

35. Alexis(: Says:

What’s lil waynes website..?

Please post the link(: