Video: Joell Ortiz Covers The Classics Interview

Joell talks about his new mixtape/cover project which is hosted by DJ Green Lantern dropping exclusively on OnSMASH.

Previously: Joell Ortiz – T.R.O.Y. (They Reminisce Over You) | Joell Ortiz Covers The Classics Sampler

56 Responses to “Video: Joell Ortiz Covers The Classics Interview”

1. FuckUPayMe618 Says:

Joell needs to drop another album A.S.A.P

2. Plug Says:

Did Joell ever drop an album on aftermath???? I need those songs he made

myamee went in on saphyri at that elimination

^she should of sent her home instead of 20pck (pause). But the girls got a dope alliance, I think prancer might win (pls no spoilers)

4. CiCi The Intern Says:

That Corte Ellis/Slaughterhouse joint is tough.

5. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

ILM2 has been my guiltiest pleasure as of late. I hate that kind of ignorance and white trash.. and saphari (remembers the flavor of love episode where she tried to sell all her clothes to a second hand shop but was denied because of her clothes were dirty and smelled)

6. sleep AKA I lOVE MY GIRL Says:

Paper trail»»»the reccession»»»deeper than rap»»»carter 3

7. Beezy aka BurnTree Madoff Says:

Prancer isn’t physically gifted enough to get through the end…the last final competition between white boy and hoops had a major physical element to it, even though white boy dominated that and then lost on the puzzle.

8. Big_seth aka Bruce Bamma Says:

*continues getting green*

*stays yellow*

9. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

all of*

Im should put a post it on my monitor that says Proofread

^ lol word, you know her poon stinks.

11. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Deeper than rap> paper trail…but both are quality albums

please justify. . . and remember, paper trail had like 3 or 4 number 1s on there. . . .

12. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^ so who you thinking, Ice? I dont see Myamme winning the physical challenges, shes way too fem.

14. CiCi The Intern Says:

# A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

Because she’s a slore. Next question.

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^AAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

16. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

Because she’s a slore. Next question.

–Oh my..

17. Beezy aka BurnTree Madoff Says:

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^for our benefit.

18. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

# A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

Because she’s a slore. Next question.

LMAO!!

for some reason, i pictured that exchange happening in a class room, and cici was the teacher calling on students. . . .

19. wavy is a cliche Says:

its literally impossible for an album that was just released to already be considered a “classic” album. i dont know about yall but to me a album can only be considered classic when the music on it is timeless and when you can play the album years after its production and it still sound as good as the first time you heard it. so to label deeper than rap a classic is kind of oxymoronic

20. SumToThe Says:

How Nick Cannon suppose to be a comedic actor and get his ass handed to him by R&B singers and football players on Wildin Out?

21. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

Have any of you seen Rocsi on BET at that spring bling shit they have… I thought she was just a cute face, but her body is crazy

22. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^AAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

–Why does that deserve an ayo, am i supposed to find sagging tits attractive

23. Big_seth Says:

# Big_seth aka Bruce Bamma Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:06 pm

*continues getting green*

*stays yellow*

^ say word. I didnt know Rosci was holdin like that.

*pictures Rosci eating Myamme*

25. Lanna Jouja Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Deeper than rap> paper trail…but both are quality albums

T.I. is a marketing machine…if he makes a mainstream record it can go platinum off ringtones….just because you got 3 or 4 number 1 songs don’t mean your whole album is better than another. How many number 1 records on reasonable doubt? it was written? Carter 2?

there are at least 10 songs that are 10 and beyond. Paper trail is a Damn good album its just not as cohesive as a whole as Deeper than Rap. Its like saying Lauren London> Keri Hilson….Like damn not much of a drop off….

remember what type of area you are in, where sales shouldn’t mean anything.

26. SumToThe Says:

… Ok so is Cater III a classic? Like it or not it was purchased by the masses. Big singles.. Was the most anticipated album for years (besides Detox)… What yall think?

27. Big_seth Says:

# A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^AAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

–Why does that deserve an ayo, am i supposed to find sagging tits attractive

Actually yes… you are.

jk. lol

28. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 11:39 am

@Bill

what college you play for homie?

I PLAYED for George washington univ. in DC

wait, when’d you play at GW? one of my good friends played there from 05 – 09

Who is ya boy? Noel? i played from 05-08

29. sleep AKA I lOVE MY GIRL Says:

U niggas could say all u want bout me and my girl but remember this

We’re too cool for lame dudes to ridcule next month while ya’ll argueing bout charlse hamilton we’re gonna be @ the almond spa and resorts in barbados drinkin rum punch and doing laps in the swimming pool

30. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

# A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

Because she’s a slore. Next question.

LMAO!!

I wanted to be a high school teacher but I think I’d get in too much trouble lol.

Question, Why is myamee always in lingerie during elimination time

^AAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

–Why does that deserve an ayo, am i supposed to find sagging tits attractive

^shes a female, no need to question why she’s sharing her assets.

32. Lanna Jouja Says:

I aint hear no one say Carter 3 was a classic…but its a decent album, not better than Carter 2 which will prolly be a classic in years to come.

33. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Who is ya boy? Noel? i played from 05-08

YEA!

lol, yo, i might have kicked it with you before. . . . i used to always be over there with noel, rob, carl, all them niggas!

noel is like my lil brother. . . i’ve known him since he was in like the 6th grade.

34. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

U niggas could say all u want bout me and my girl but remember this

–She’ll be thinking about me tho.

35. Lanna Jouja Says:

That dream track is a hot record too, cause it will be played on the radio….its his next single

^ do tell.

37. CiCi The Intern Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Who is ya boy? Noel? i played from 05-08

YEA!

This is such a small world, sheesh LOL!

38. Beezy aka BurnTree Madoff Says:

Paper Trail > DTR

39. dorian gray Says:

Dana Jacobsen is f-ing huge. (By tv standards that is) She have a baby or something?

40. Jud Buechler Says:

Leah williams on qvc>>>>>

41. wavy is a cliche Says:

oregon trail > papertrail

42. SumToThe Says:

wavy is a cliche Says:

April 16th, 2009 at 12:19 pm
    oregon trail > papertrail

.. Oregon Trail was the shit in elementary school….

43. CiCi The Intern Says:

# cOLD Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:17 pm

^ do tell.

I used to tutor Philly high school boys (which was a blast) and we were told by our advisors to stop being so nice because it could send mixed messages lol

44. A tribe called quest aka Bitch, Im the space invader Says:

oregon trail > papertrail

–LMAO

45. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Who is ya boy? Noel? i played from 05-08

YEA!

damn small ass world. Yea them all my niggas. I know we all graduating this yr (noel and rob) so i wonder what they going to be gettin into that wknd. Rob stays at love. I graduated a semester early and i didnt hoop this past yr ( I was a walk on for 2 yrs so i didnt have NBA dreams) so i just decided to get the degree early and be out.

46. CiCi The Intern Says:

# SumToThe Says:
    April 16th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

wavy is a cliche Says:

April 16th, 2009 at 12:19 pm
    oregon trail > papertrail

.. Oregon Trail was the shit in elementary school….

That and MathBlaster.

47. Lubara Simpkins Says:

Hey lads, squatting at me job, listening to the Lad Rawse. All the homie lads are cranking yay bonanza’s. Thanks for the link lads. I will be enjoying the lad ross for some time.

48. Plug Says:

U niggas could say all u want bout me and my girl but remember this

———
    SMH @ you doing everything wit your girl except focking…

49. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

oregon trail > papertrail

but that’s not even fair.

i killed mad niggas by lettin them catch dysentery, but nobody snitched. . . . . and i shot mad buffalo.

50. Joe 88 Says:

^I knew the blueprint was a classic the first time I heard it, real talk

Add The Nigger tape on that list also

Deeper than rap is okay

51. Beezy aka BurnTree Madoff Says:

yo I was the nicest with teh hunting on Oregon Trail.

Bison and Bears beware…this nigga shoots to kill.

52. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

yea, rob a funny ass dude. . . the wild shit is, them niggas smoke maaaaaaad trees! i’m like “this is major D1 basketball, nigga!”

yo, that’s hella funny. GW got them hoes, yall. . . . please believe it. and not just snow bunnies. . . they got some cute ass black chicks.

bill, you still comin for the yeezys [ll]?

Leah Remini>>>>>>>>>Leah williams on qvc

54. EL.Dub Says:

has anyone noticed joell’s increased hustle mode ever since he was dropped?

sign of a great artist.

55. saint Says:

Brian Pumper Disses Rick Ross

it ain’t me, it ain’t me lol

56. Soul Kontrolla Says: