Video: Rick Ross Competing For “The Throne” + Album Packaging Photo Shoot Pt. 2

via MTV News:

“I look at the game and the business and all different aspects,” Ross said a few days ago sitting in New York’s Philippe Chow restaurant. “It’s a lot of great lyricists on the corner that will never properly understand the business and know how to market themselves and get in a position where they can gain capital. I look at all the strategies people use and what made them successful. What made Birdman just as relevant today after selling 50 million records? That intrigues me. To see the class of Jay-Z, his accomplishments and see how he sits backs and accurately makes his moves.”

When his third LP, Deeper Than Rap, drops on April 21, Ross thinks he’ll gain a throne all his own. The record, he said, is his best work.

“I feel like it’s much more soulful, it’s much more sophisticated,” Ross said. “To be considered one of the best, you gotta compete. That’s what I feel like I’m doing. I feel like I’m competing for the throne. I feel like the fans and the people can see my hunger. They could see my growth. They could know I’m not satisfied with just two #1 albums and selling 2 million records, or whatever I sold. I want more.”

Deeper Than Rap his best work? Undeniable.

Sophisticated? No.

Better than Curtis (the album)? Yes.

Ross with the throne? Not likely, sorry.

56 Responses to “Video: Rick Ross Competing For “The Throne” + Album Packaging Photo Shoot Pt. 2”

1. THE-XFACTA Says:

It hard being on top (nope)

2. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Rawse is Boss like the Sauce

3. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Sophisticated? No.

why Not . he eating grapes with suspenders in his video, the stinks of sophistication.

4. FaMs! Says:

Scientists are stupid….hormones, birth control?

what about 10,000 worth of silicone?….wtf?

5. THE-XFACTA Says:

“Ross said this album is his best work”

Does anybody say “This album ain’t that good, but the next one will be better, just buy this one for now”

6. I Hate My Job Says:

*Crazy 88’s it up*
    *Screams WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO during proceedings for reason whatsoever*
    *Gets relived from jury duty*
    *daps judge and walks out screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

7. Prometheus Says:

We can definitely see his hunger. Nigga look like he missed brunch

8. Danielson a.k.a. Dat Mixed Race Nigga Says:

BAWSE!

9. Beezy Says:

New York’s Philippe Chow

^Ross eating at upscale Chine Restaurants in Columbus Circle? Interesting.

I’ve been to this place.

$60 entrees but the food is great.

10. FaMs! Says:

How the ad says “meet hot black girl” then have this mungkey faced troglodyte cheesing seductively?

FAIL

11. Dre Says:

# THE-XFACTA Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 4:47 pm e

“Ross said this album is his best work”

___________________________________________________

In this case though, this really is Ross’ best work.

12. Daddy-Bariqua Says:

And the “Flop of the Year” award goes to:

>> Also coming this week: Lyric Street’s Billy Ray Cyrus and Capitol rapper MIMS, both in the 10-15k neighborhood. <<

Poor MIMS, we barely knew you.

Look @ it this way…Maybe one day you’ll have a daughter who will hook-up with Disney to sell millions and you can be her “Manager” and revitalize you ‘career’

13. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Yo Dre his last album wasnt shabby.

this Sauce is Bawse..

14. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

April 8th, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    like the PRetty TOney LP being my fav Ghost album but I also know its far from his best

^I’ve been saying this shit for the past 3 weeks to many of my friends

15. THE-XFACTA Says:

“I’m not satisfied with just two #1 albums and selling 2 million records, or whatever I sold. I want more.”

Like this nigga really doesn’t know how many records he’s sold so far. So damn, even Curtis’ Curtis album sold more then both of Rawses albums combined..

16. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

I Hate My Job Says:

April 8th, 2009 at 4:48 pm
    *Crazy 88’s it up*
    *Screams WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO during proceedings for reason whatsoever*
    *Gets relived from jury duty*
    *daps judge and walks out screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

17. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

*looks @ Nahright ad*

“Meet Hot Black Girls”

….These bitches is Dogs, B.

18. I Hate My Job Says:

Yo Danielson,whatst popping in London this weekend?(no no no)..thinking of coming through for the holidays..hoping i could catch a few shows and what not

19. Lan Says:

Somebody punch this nigga ross in the face please.

20. THE-XFACTA Says:

Officer Rickkkkyyyyyy

21. FaMs! Says:

Ross truly looked and sounded like a NIGGER in this interview….

22. Big_seth Says:

# FaMs! Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 4:48 pm

FAIL

I don’t know who this lurker is, but this was hilarious.

Like they couldn’t find a fine sister willing to smile. LMAO

23. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

RLSP2009

^^^^^^
    30% off of Ralph until the 14th

24. R.J.Orion Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

April 8th, 2009 at 4:36 pm

————–

i have similar feelings about Bulletproof Wallets …

25. THE-XFACTA Says:

Why these little niggas think that having a tat on your face makes them hard or something? (||) If you were pussy before you had the tat on your face, then your a pussy with a tat on his face.

26. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I ran back fast, broke my arm in the mix
    To find out that bird nigga tappin my shit
    It’s alright ‘do, maybe he came up with the right dough
    Bigger dick, I don’t know……………..

27. Beezy Says:

accoridng to BH the girls in those meet black girls ads are all pr0n bitches

28. THE-XFACTA Says:

*Curses ESPN for not having Rome Is Burning on today*

29. Micheal Tyson aka Ill fuck you till you love me faggot Says:

can this fat fuck do the interview with the iraqi reporter before he eats its difficult enough trying to understad this nigga’s words

30. I Hate My Job Says:

LOL…I bet she from Detroit too…No Shots!!

31. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

It was like ecstasy girl
    Found out it was dizzin ya world
    Had us livin in a fantasy world
    I wish we never broke up girl

32. Gucci Phelps Says:

RADIO KILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

33. Danielson a.k.a. Dat Mixed Race Nigga Says:

try leicester square, cafe de paris is always poppin with chicks, and everywhere is doing big Easter promos for the clubs.

I’m up in a town called Milton Keynes with a few of my boys (none) from london so i havent checked on anything specific for ldn.

west end =mixture of all chicks but slightly more white chicks

east/north = black chicks/mixed/white chicks who want black dick

london bridge area = latinas and chinese.

34. Gucci Phelps Says:

she rode the beat…like a pony

35. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*does elaborate Grand Union handshake/manhug combo with Chea*

36. Gucci Phelps Says:

yo daniel do u support chelsea, they doin the damn thing right now

*whites it up*

*keeps up with soccer*

37. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I fuck with Spur is that gay? they got a Mexicano on there splashing the nets

38. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

*white boys it up*

*rocks mad Hundreds attire*

39. Gucci Phelps Says:

GRAND UNION…it’s a…

mindset
    movement
    way of life
    religion

…entirely different fucking paradigm of metaphyical existence.

40. nestle snipes Says:

Ross needs to lose weight

Being overweight isnt cool in hip hop/rap anymore.

41. Gucci Phelps Says:

GRAND UNION: we the type of blickas to show up in ur dreams [||] and fuck ur life up whilst ur supposed to be dreaming of pleasantries.

42. nestle snipes Says:

Liverpool 1 – 0 Chelsea

43. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Ask you one question, was it good?
    He have you on the wall like me, was it hood?
    You probably showed him your sexy faces, how you ride on top
    Grabbin the sheets, in a deep zone if he hit the spot

44. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I got this ingrown hair that was fucking with my emotions. I pulled that shit out with some incredible pair of tweezers

45. Gucci Phelps Says:

nestle snipes Says:

April 8th, 2009 at 5:08 pm
    Liverpool 1 – 0 Chelsea

fraudulent

Liverpool 1 – 3 Chelsea

46. wavy is a cliche Says:

New York’s Philippe Chow

^Ross eating at upscale Chine Restaurants in Columbus Circle? Interesting.

east 60th is columbus circle?

47. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

nestle snipes Says:

April 8th, 2009 at 5:07 pm
    Ross needs to lose weight

Being overweight isnt cool in hip hop/rap anymore.

^Being overweight just isn’t cool

48. Ghost Writer Says:

If it wasn’t for the 50 shit this album wouldn’t matter

49. CiCi The Intern Says:

I need to start interning again…

50. Danielson a.k.a. Dat Mixed Race Nigga Says:

oh and for a general mix try oceana in kingston, they dont play hip hop though, not many clubs do

its all funky house, grime, garage, etc etc

51. Micheal Tyson aka Ill fuck you till you love me faggot Says:

NBA Draft >>>>>> NFL Draft

alot of people pay more the NFL Draft/Combine than the Superbowl but how many teams have won a superbowl based on how they draft with the exception of the Top College QBs…. you win superbowls on Free Agent signings,NBA draft you draft a Jordan,Duncan,Lebron,Wade etc you it will pay off in future championships

52. Big_seth Says:

# Gucci Phelps Says:
    April 8th, 2009 at 5:08 pm

*fears sleep (no nah-punching bag with alleged slore wifey)*

53. Danielson a.k.a. Dat Mixed Race Nigga Says:

fraudulent

Liverpool 1 – 3 Chelsea

yeah bwoy

fuck liverpool, told muthafuckas on here last night that we would monkey rape (na uh) the scouse scum.

they are practically out and so are bayern

CL Semi Finals =
    Chelsea v Barca
    and
    Arsenal V Porto

im out, 1.

54. sound verite Says:

The Bawse is an embarrassment to the game, why aren’t these critic nigga as magazines calling it what it is?

55. Varsity Says:

Is Rawse’s album full of features???? Im tired of hearing albums from artist dat cant make good music by themselves…. I only listen to songs from Rawse for da featured artisits

56. Kid Icarus Says:

not better than maybach music pt 1.