Video: The Real – 900 Dollars and a Dream

This week, ItsTheReal.com take a shot at re-energizing the economy, all while re-making the band, in 900 Dollars and a Dream!

Eric & Jeff are offering the biggest ex-friends (I refuse to use the word frienemie) in hip-hop BIG money to reunite on ItsTheReal.

*dying* at the last two.

85 Responses to “Video: The Real – 900 Dollars and a Dream”

1. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I have a feeling after Cam sees his Crime Pays numbers he might think a Dip reunion is a good look.
    Yeah i can definitely see that and i wouldn’t mind it either. Would you rather DIP III we with only the original members or with JR, 40 & Hell Rell? Even though technically Rell was on the first one and had a classic song and telephone freestyles..

2. SNORT_SNORTcRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Combat Jack on Damon Dash

That shit is 1 for the books.

3. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

so this temp firm yesterday was like “go to such and such at 10”, right?

i get on the bus, and at 9:30, they call me on the cellular. they’re like “they called, they don’t need you. sorry. you can go back home.”

then they just called back at 9:50 and was like “we have another placement. come back to the office.”

i’m already in and took my suit off! go eat a dick.

4. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I think Cam should of ran with JR, 40 & Hell Rell on some divided shit, why not? I always thought 40 could spit even though him and JR can’t spit a 16 with out a punch line. I fuck with Hell Rell too…(no) JR has gotten monotonous but still has some bars in him..

5. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

Combat Jack on Damon Dash

That shit is 1 for the books.

yo, who is dude???

his RA the Rugged Man story was classic!

6. sleep Says:

Damm my cradit score dropped to 650 how the fuck did that happend I didn’t pay any bills late. That shit was 730 just a year ago.

*im out no nahright for me today I good midterms to study for*

*hopefully encourage eskay to go back to school*

7. SNORT_SNORTcRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Damon played that single for me in his new offices, then located in the Wall Street area. Nigga was doing that goofy “Dame dance” with the mock dice roll even then.

shoutout Dame Dash! Keep ya head up! (n/h)

8. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I was listening to The Preface yesterday and it has some joints, i know i’m late…

9. D_Block_4_Life Says:

mediatakeout.com/2009/31597-wooooow_bad_boy_rapper_loon_has_converted_to_islam__hes_grown_a_beard_and_wearing_a_kufi.html

10. geico lizard Says:

One exec even told me “why the fuck should I sign Jay-Z, I have Black Sheep on our roster, Jay ain’t fucking with them”.
    ROFFLE… combat jack keeps dropping classics

11. Beezy Says:

tinyurl that shit scumbag

That shit was 730 just a year ago.

^bring ya credit card balances down playa.

13. A tribe called quest Says:

can someone link me to this combat jack article

14. SNORT_SNORTcRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Reasonable Doubt dropped and sold gold out the gate. 500,000 units. Priority never expected that. Owed Dame $1,000,000.00 but couldn’t, wouldn’t pay up. Enter Irv Gotti, who snatched up the “Ain’t No Nigga” single for the “Nutty Professor” soundtrack. That led to Roc-a-fella eventually landing at Def Jam. The rest, as they say, is history. Let me set the record straight, here, and once and for all. Without Dame, there would be no Jay-Z. I know it. I said it. And I said it here.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

15. SNORT_SNORTcRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

March 25th, 2009 at 10:08 am
    can someone link me to this combat jack article

dailymathematics.blogspot.com/2009/03/combat-jack-on-damon-dash.html

16. Beezy Says:

can someone link me to this combat jack article

^Lite

17. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

damn, loon done convert to islam.

can’t be mad at that.

still SMH @ him sellin nextel burnouts, according tot jimmy. . . . LMAO!!

18. Joe 88 Says:

I get head, then I light the piff ~ Unknown

19. A tribe called quest Says:

dailymathematics.blogspot.com/2009/03/combat-jack-on-damon-dash.html

–Thanks

20. Ghost Writer Says:

Welcome to Jam Rock

# Beezy Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 9:53 am

Cam should just start a new DipSet with Max and a player to be named later.

^Now THAT’S more like it.

“you betta leeeeeeeeeeave dem boys alooooooooooone”

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:10 am

damn, loon done convert to islam.

can’t be mad at that.

still SMH @ him sellin nextel burnouts, according tot jimmy. . . . LMAO!!

^True, annnnnd true. Life After BadBoy is a helluva drug.

24. Danielson a.k.a. King Kojo of Berekum Says:

yo dre, has esk or you sorted out the iphone friendly version of nahright?

but what a nigga wants is an official app, im sure there must be demand.

25. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

the people at Apple are some mother. fucking. gangsters!
    niggas show you how to jail break your iPhone and you burn their building down. Good grief.

26. geico lizard Says:

damn they said Geek Squad,lmfao.

If Game and 50 perform anything it needs to be that remake of Lucifer. They almost beat the Jay Z original because they both tried to body it.

27. D_Block_4_Life Says:

50 went in on Lucifer.

28. S.I.C.K Says:

*daps all*

My birthday is Saturday.I will be 37(yup a old head).I figured I`ll have my “budden`s moment”Here`s a pic of me and my broad.Pardon my crib,.I`m having my crib rennovated.Not bad for a 37 year old washed up rapper from bed stuy…eh??

29. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

the people at Apple are some mother. fucking. gangsters!

co-sign.

apple is definitely the mafia.

30. the watcherz Says:

im the shit im the sewage nigga

31. Danielson a.k.a. King Kojo of Berekum Says:

the people at Apple are some mother. fucking. gangsters!

explain?

32. babydoll Says:

^tell that nigga to make another Hov then. Should be simple right? SMH

33. lo k Says:

pow!

34. Ghost Writer Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:

March 25th, 2009 at 10:21 am
    50 went in on Lucifer.

What? The beat?

35. lo k Says:

LF: almond butter > peanut butter

36. lo k Says:

*daps nahgroes*

*hugs babydoll*

37. Joe 88 Says:

Fiddy went in on lucifer cause Jay didn’t. That song is overrated

AG >BA

*Holds straight face while harlem shaking*

38. babydoll Says:

Hey lo k!!! *hugs*

39. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

^tell that nigga to make another Hov then. Should be simple right? SMH

nah, it ain’t.

nobody has that combination of talent and charisma.

but without dame kickin niggas’ doors in tryna get a deal, we wouldn’t have the jiggaman as he is today.

for instance, where would hip hop be today if one of those bum ass labels signed jay and they didn’t start the roc?

40. RIGZ Says:

tell that nigga to make another Hov then. Should be simple right? SMH

I never understood when Jay said that

Thats like asking Rick & Russel to make another Def Jam

Never happen.

41. babydoll Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

March 25th, 2009 at 10:29 am

^tell that nigga to make another Hov then. Should be simple right? SMH

nah, it ain’t.

nobody has that combination of talent and charisma.

^Right. I recognize that they needed each other to create the successful empire that they did…my point is all these one sided opinions are bullshit. Everybody wanna act like Dame made Hov but Hov did nothing for Dame? To answer that question we’ll use Jim Jones as a case study.

42. RIGZ Says:

^ *dies*

*resurrects*

Link? Nh

45. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

lol.

talent ether.

i feel lik dame taught hov how to get money, though. . . i mean, look at his live nation deal. . . that’s very dame-esque. . .

Judge Mo’ Dollas!

“I went to Phoenix University online… now I’m juuudge!”

47. the watcherz Says:

listening to e40 talk > listening to a lot of these new niggas rap
    so wavy wit the wiggle waggle young dun it goes dum in the land of fun

smoking weed and tryna talk like e40>>>>>>

48. RIGZ Says:

Everybody wanna act like Dame made Hov but Hov did nothing for Dame?

Who is everybody?

The main consensus for years has been that Dame was a big waste of space that Jay never needed

Which kinda just isnt true

Of course they both benefited each other though

*dapz Rigz, Joe88, bdoll*

@Rigz… yeah, that’s the song with the video he did with the Joker face paint

50. babydoll Says:

Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

March 25th, 2009 at 10:34 am

lol.

talent ether.

^*confused stare* Forgive me for my skepticism given Dame’s current situation…nah, I keed…I’m sure Dame schooled Jay on some things but Jay brought a lot to the table as well as far being business minded. They were a really great team at one time…

51. D_Block_4_Life Says:

i feel lik dame taught hov how to get money,
    I would have to disagree

52. Beezy Says:

i mean, look at his live nation deal. . . that’s very dame-esque. .

^actually in that interview posted here yesterday Dame shitted on 360 deals.

53. lo k Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:33 am

listening to e40 talk > listening to a lot of these new niggas rap

EEEUUUUUGHHHH

54. Danielson a.k.a. King Kojo of Berekum Says:

I never understood when Jay said that

Thats like asking Rick & Russel to make another Def Jam

Never happen.

i dont agree, but i understand.

jay knows dame cant ‘make’ another him, so by saying that he is asking dame to admit/acknowledge that it wasnt just him to make jay-z who he is, but it also was also jay himself.

and because jay was part of the making of his success, it isnt possible to make another him, therefore ‘make another hov’ is almost a statement that jay is confident can never happen.

thats my take on it anyway.

55. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

i feel lik dame taught hov how to get money,
    I would have to disagree

check the facts.

1. dame’s idea to start a record label
    2. dame’s idea to start a clothing line
    3. dame’s idea to sign kanye

all these equaled mo’ money in jay’s pocket in the long run. . .

56. babydoll Says:

What up D Dot

57. A tribe called quest Says:

I never understood when Jay said that

Thats like asking Rick & Russel to make another Def Jam

Never happen.

–*Blank stare*

Dame was talking shit as if he made hov who he is

–i feel lik dame taught hov how to get money,
    I would have to disagree

–Jay learned by seeing. He saw how not to fuck up your money by watching dame dash

# lo k Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:39 am

# D. Billz Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:33 am

listening to e40 talk > listening to a lot of these new niggas rap

EEEUUUUUGHHHH

^ *dapz lo k*

“Tell me when to gooooooooooooooooo!”

59. A tribe called quest Says:

^actually in that interview posted here yesterday Dame shitted on 360 deals.

–He didnt shit on them, he just said its a good thing IF you need it. If you do already have a brand out there then you dont need to make a deal where the company takes a cut.

60. D_Block_4_Life Says:

check the facts.

1. dame’s idea to start a record label
    2. dame’s idea to start a clothing line
    3. dame’s idea to sign kanye

all these equaled mo’ money in jay’s pocket in the long run. . .
    Even if all your aforementioned allegations are plausible i still think saying that Dame taught Jay how to get money to is too broad, it just sounds a bit foolish to me. You act like Jay didn’t put major cake to get Roc-a-fella started.

61. RIGZ Says:

This conversation is still ridiculous lol

Both of them dudes needed each other. Dame wernt goin anywhere fast & Jay been a weed-carrier since 88

See, if they never met

Dame woulda probably been a B or C List Rapper’s manager…probably start a little indie joint, but be goin nowhere fast

And Jay would probably be a B or C list rapper himself, albeit with hella talent (eg. Joe Budden)

62. SNORT_SNORTcRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Applaud Dame Dash.

*Does damedash DiceRoll Dance*

63. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

the absolute realest (not a word) part of Combat Jack’s story was the part about Jay and Foxy Brown. And when you think about it in those terms i truly feel Jay ows Inga a little more respect. I know he’s given her wild chances but damn, she made his career possible off of that one single. NO WAY that song woulda blew up without her.
    oh Combat Jack’s RD story > Clark Kent’s RD story

64. Beezy Says:

^actually in that interview posted here yesterday Dame shitted on 360 deals.

>If you didnt interpret that he was implying that it was a bad idea for Jay to sign that, then I don’t know what to tell you. So technically your right he wasn’t shitting on a 360, just Jay for signing one.

65. A tribe called quest Says:

Who the fuck sinks money into a Roc Box….

Only think good that came out of Dames investments were Winky Wright and… Ah nevermind

# D_Block_4_Life Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:43 am

check the facts.

1. dame’s idea to start a record label
    2. dame’s idea to start a clothing line
    3. dame’s idea to sign kanye

all these equaled mo’ money in jay’s pocket in the long run. . .

^I think what he meant is that Dame taught Jay how to get money in the industry, not in the streets. Dame had already managed acts back when Jay was still doing guest features for BDK and ’em.

67. Ghost Writer Says:

Bugle >

68. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

lol, these are the facts, though!

i say dame always dreamt big (no notorious), and jay took heed. . .

69. RIGZ Says:

You act like Jay didn’t put major cake to get Roc-a-fella started.

How you know that? Like, beyond the folk-lore?

I’m just wondering, no shots

70. Joe 88 Says:

I heard mu’fukka’s saying they made Joe, made Joe say ökay, so….make anthoer joe

^No reason why I just posted that, but Hov & Joe kinda rhyme lol

Point is they both needed each other, only thing you can do is look at what there doing in the present apart & it’s starting to show that jay used his fame to an advantage, whle dame used his fame to make a reality show, smfh. No shots at dame, but bitterness shows even when you try to hide it, & it looked like dame was about to cry in a few interviews I seen when they first broke up (no bromance)

and the winner is hov

# RIGZ Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:43 am

This conversation is still ridiculous lol

See, if they never met

^Fair and square.

72. babydoll Says:

i truly feel Jay ows Inga a little more respect.

^What else should he have done/should he be doing for her now?

73. Big Homie Says:

Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy? Oh I get it, you Biggie and he’s Puffy

74. Prince Says:

any1 has the link to the cam’ron espn interview?

75. RIGZ Says:

# Ghost Writer Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:45 am

Bugle >

Cosign.

I play “Set Me Free” every other morning

76. babydoll Says:

and the winner is hov

^My Man!

77. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I think what he meant is that Dame taught Jay how to get money in the industry, not in the streets. Dame had already managed acts back when Jay was still doing guest features for BDK and ‘em.
    Well then that’s a fair statement but i would still have to disagree due to my stanstanial duties. Nah but foreal i mean it’s possible….

78. A tribe called quest Says:

Yea but jay is the talent, Shame on dame thinking he has any say on what Jay can and cannot do

79. babydoll Says:

stanstanial duties

^*dies*

Joe88

So what’s been the word chief? Niggas thought you caught up in some B’more Bullshit. Lotta shit been poppin’ off since the Nu Year and I honestly thought you got caught in the rapture (no Anita Baker).

81. D_Block_4_Life Says:

How you know that? Like, beyond the folk-lore?

I’m just wondering, no shots
    Don’t pull that how do you know shit with me because the same logic applies on the other side. I’m going by what i’ve heard in interviews from Dame himself how they both put up cake to start up Roc-a-fella.

D_Block_4_Life Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 10:47 am

^ *plays chicken with a Mack truck*

83. D_Block_4_Life Says:

And if Dame changes his tune about that today well then that’s inevitable.

84. Danielson a.k.a. King Kojo of Berekum Says:

Hov & Joe kinda rhyme lol

*tiny.cc/zFINg*

85. Combat Jack Says:

Let me clarify: Dame helped make Hov. Hov helped make Dame. BUT, Dame was already on board, making music industry money before Jay was on board. Jay, nt so much. No slight to neither.