Video: MTV News – Gucci Mane: Atlanta’s Next Mainstream Star?

Atlanta’s Radric “Gucci Mane” Davis may not be a household name, but chances are he soon will be. Almost four years after he released his debut, Trap House, Gucci is more popular than he’s even been, and his star is rising.

Gucci has a catalog of songs that have been tearing up the streets for months. “Bricks,” “Photo Shoot,” “Shirt Off” and “Stoopid” and the “Make the Trap Say Aye” remix are just some of the titles. Some call him the hottest in the ‘hood right now.

“I can’t say he hasn’t been hot for quite some time and he hasn’t had a cult following,” mixtape king DJ Drama testified. He linked up with Gucci for the popular street CD The Movie last year. “He’s just somebody that the ‘hood could relate to. He’s on fire in Georgia, he’s on fire in the Midwest. Detroit. Cincinnati or Columbus, Ohio. Pittsburgh. It’s different areas where the guy is crazy and [his music] is starting to bubble everywhere. Last year Gucci was the man of the mixtapes. If it was 50 [Cent] one year, then [Young] Jeezy one year and Wayne one year, it was Gucci last year. He was on the cover of every single tape. That’s when I know that’s the person that every market is paying attention to.” read the rest @ MTVNews.com

111 Responses to “Video: MTV News – Gucci Mane: Atlanta’s Next Mainstream Star?”

1. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

WOOOOOOOOOO

2. Beezy Says:

*rick ross voice*

3. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

GUCCI GUCCI GUCCITENDO

4. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

This is my amigo he is Half Colombian/ GUCCI IS A NEGRO

5. PHENOMENON Says:

Oh, what would we do without Atlanta??

Thanks a lot.

6. Beave Says:

He is hot here in pgh. But I never knew why. I can only understand 8% of the words coming out of his mouth….!

speaking of HBCU’s, I was watching the video for TLC – Baby Baby Baby last night, oh my god that shit brought it the fuck back. T-Boz had on the Grambling sweatsuit and the dude Chilli was with had the Oakland short set. I mean, that shit was like a fucking time capsule back to my freshman year in High-School.

8. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

^^^^^^^^^
    THATS CAM TERRITORY ……. GUCCI AND CAM together = NAH WET SPLASH

9. El feces lOco Says:

*lurkers it up*

*reads every comment from the last 20 posts*

*does’nt say anything*

*leaves*

*comes back*

*ayoo’s himself for “comes back”*

*lurks more*

10. b-ease Says:

You’ve probably coulda gotten twice the ass with a more worthy degree. No direct shots, but more like a grenade at HBCU’s as a whole. Lol

You aint never lied fam. Damn. SMH.

# eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:14 pm

^Mannnn, I used to rock my Howard U. sweatshirt religiously. And I told everybody that’s where I was goin’. Grades and financial fail. Those HBCU hoodies were epic and probably the greatest ode to higher learning in African American history.

With that being said, MajorDC and the rest of them niggas is on crack with them charging over 100 for those AACA joints. FOH

12. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

this is Gucci Mane your next superstar out of Atlanta…WHAT?!

roffle at Sway’s opening

13. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Stoopid = Wifey hates it but still I catch her singing the hook

14. Beezy Says:

Gucci fa maya!

15. UnderTheRastaInfluence Says:

thats pathetic- they need to start looking into reggae

>>Mannnn, I used to rock my Howard U. sweatshirt religiously. And I told everybody that’s where I was goin’. Grades and financial fail. Those HBCU hoodies were epic and probably the greatest ode to higher learning in African American history.

yo, but them shits wasn’t cheap back in the day either. I wanted a Grambling or Howard joint so bad, but moms wasn’t trying to hold me down. matter of fact, I might cop one now that they’re back out just because I can.

17. b-ease Says:

Hammerjacks was a movement. But it shutdown

Didnt they open it back up tho? I couldve sworn somebody at a party I went to was talking about going recently.

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:16 pm

You aint never lied fam. Damn. SMH.

^True story: I was a freshman at Bowie right outta high school. Only been in my dorm like a week or some shit. This RA dude who lived on my floor took me, my roommate, and this chick to a CP party. First college party of my life. Yo, the shorties at that joint was OFF THE FUCKIN’ HOOK. No fights, ill dj, and I grinded my pelvis on everything with titties. We aint get back to Bowie until around 3-somethin’. The first party on Bowie’s campus that year and some B’more/DC niggas get into a fight over the music that’s played, which was also instigated by the dj (kinda sorta). I recognized the decline of HBCU at that very moment. Glad my peoples persuaded me to bounce or I woulda gotten some random bird pregnant.

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Hammerjacks was a movement. But it shutdown

^It’s Bourbon Street now. For 18-21/23 crowd mainly. And I heard it was extra bubby.

20. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I had a morehouse hoodie in 10th grade and then somebody clowned and I never wore it(what a fag i was). Had a girlfriend who went to Spelman for a year

# eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:21 pm

^Lol. They were definitely high as a kite back then. I do the same shit nowadays too. Buy a bunch of old school shit that I couldn’t afford back then. Word to my Fila M-Squads.

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:24 pm

^Ironically, Morehouse is also known for their high faggie population.

23. b-ease Says:

I woulda gotten some random bird pregnant.

Yo, thats super real talk, cuz two of the chicks at my last job got knocked up their freshmen year of Bowie. I mean that’s not just coincidence.

24. El feces lOco Says:

One of that niggas chain is stupid ignorant..that shit look baang baang tho..

“The gucc is fresh from jail”

Why am I watching MTV stream? Shawty Lo, Luda

25. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Word to my Fila M-Squads.

GOOD GRIEF(c)Eskargo

and this is one of the strong reasons of the retro movement. Lots of niggas got ends to buy shit they couldnt get when they were younger. Doesnt make it right though, word to acid wash jeans

26. rex hussla Says:

I don’t know what it is but just lookin’ at Gucci makes me laugh a little bit [ll]

27. b-ease Says:

^Ironically, Morehouse is also known for their high faggie population.

Yea, shits disgusting b. I’m not against the gays, but this is the alma matter of MLK and Spike Lee. They should keep the fags at Clark or something.

28. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

GUCCI!!!

29. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

^Ironically, Morehouse is also known for their high faggie population.

^^^^^^
    thats what this Black Dude on the Basketball team (a senior to my sophomore) said. But I should have just wore it , who cares but I couldnt take the Gay clowns at the time.

>>I do the same shit nowadays too. Buy a bunch of old school shit that I couldn’t afford back then. Word to my Fila M-Squads.

word. I’m mad I missed the black Dee Brown Pumps they re-released last year.

31. E.J. Says:

Gucci Mane needs to use a dictionary.

32. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

A lotta times when dudes say “y’all already know what it is” I actually don’t.

33. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Gucci Mane is KING

Gucci Mane music > Joe Buddens mood music

I swear to god this is my real sentiments no hyperbole

34. El feces lOco Says:

Gucci Mane= Atlanta’s Uncle Murda

35. b-ease Says:

Gucci Mane needs to use a dictionary.

You can’t be serious. I think its pretty evident that Gucci can’t read. At least on a functional adult level. What good would a dictionary do him?

>>A lotta times when dudes say “y’all already know what it is” I actually don’t.

you do, you just don’t know you do

37. Kell-El Says:

*In 14 year old Altantean black girl voice*

GUCCI!!!

38. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

but Gucci can structure a song like a pro

39. b-ease Says:

Quarter brick. Half a brick. Whole brick. Aye.

40. El feces lOco Says:

OJ da Juiceman= Atlanta’s Maino

41. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

Gucci Mane needs to use a dictionary.

Gucci reminds me of Edgerrin James a lil bit…

nigga looks and sounds extra hood but there’s a sense at the same time that he’s nobody’s fool and he’s gon get his

42. rex hussla Says:

If I was to start checking for Gucci…where should I start? [ll]

43. El feces lOco Says:

Gucci got “that’s my crazy azz cousin” swag…Feel like that nigga would offer me some cocaine as a joke.

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:25 pm

I woulda gotten some random bird pregnant.

^WOW. Prophecy. I used to be mad at my peoples for “suggesting” I leave. But in retrospect, you were puttin’ a B’more kid FRESH out the city in the middle of PG around a bunch of bangin’ heffas in the middle of nowhere. Baaaad newwwwws (c) old GUnit

And the simpletons I was hangin’ around didn’t help either.

45. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

Gucci Mane is KING

Gucci Mane music > Joe Buddens mood music

I swear to god this is my real sentiments no hyperbole
    co-signs impecably hard

46. El feces lOco Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:31 pm

If I was to start checking for Gucci…where should I start? [ll]

^^^Letmegoogleitforyou

Sometimes I forget Gucci had a full writing scholarship for college. Like, wow.

48. b-ease Says:

Feel like that nigga would offer me some cocaine as a joke.

Exactly, but he wouldnt really be joking, you just wouldnt be able to tell.

49. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Back to the Traphouse is his real album REX and thats where I decided he was dope. or this link to the DOCUMENTARY

zshare.net/download/54926622328e80fe/

16Fever is my favorite Gucci track if you can find it

50. rex hussla Says:

A new Al Jazeera English video reports that Iran is considering a law that would make “offensive” blogging punishable by death. The video notes an Amnesty International report claiming that 90 percent of all state-sanctioned execution in 2008 occurred in Iran, China or Saudi Arabia.

51. El feces lOco Says:

lol @ Edgerrin James and Gucci

*throws Marshawn Lynch into that pile*

# eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:27 pm

word. I’m mad I missed the black Dee Brown Pumps they re-released last year.

^ha, I got a pair of Reebok Pumps too. I was chillin’ with my Indian shorty in DC last year and saw some lil’ teenage punk rockin’ the same pair. I wanted to tackle him.

53. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

Feel like that nigga would offer me some cocaine as a joke.

Exactly, but he wouldnt really be joking, you just wouldnt be able to tell.

*runs up on Bush in his whites only neighborhood*

54. b-ease Says:

LOL, yo that makes it even funnier, cuz both of the broads were from PG, and both babys fathers were from BMore, I shit you not billz.

55. rex hussla Says:

*daps fux*

If I woulda went to Howard I think I woulda been a “college thug”. Lol.

“yall niggas down here is weak for real!”

57. El feces lOco Says:

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

Feel like that nigga would offer me some cocaine as a joke.

Exactly, but he wouldnt really be joking, you just wouldnt be able to tell.

^^^THIS..

*throws Cam’s cousin from the Chi into that pile*

58. rex hussla Says:

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are closing in on their cast for “The Three Stooges.”
    Studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome “Curly” Howard.

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.

The film is not a biopic, but rather a comedy built around the antics of the three characters that Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Howard played in the Columbia Pictures shorts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

59. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

GUCCI MANE LA FLEUR

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:36 pm

^Holy shit! *dies* See? Mannnn, that shit fucked me UP. First day we pulled up (in my pops hooptie nonetheless, fuckin’ embarrasing) and I unload my bags. I rolled them shits into the Haley dorm and my jaw dropped. Lawd have mercy. I think I know the chick I woulda got pregnant too. Lol

Yo, I bet a HUNNED that the 2 chicks you know that got pregnant were probably by the dudes who were there the year I was there. Depending on age bracket.

Billz = Namond from the Wire

62. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.
    ^^^^^
    WOOOOOOOOOOO WTF ……

63. b-ease Says:

If I woulda went to Howard I think I woulda been a “college thug”. Lol.

lol, alot of niggas tried to come in HU on that tip. But the overabundance of pussy (due to the male/female ratio) and the heavy weed smoking mellows niggas out by sophmore year. Except the football players. Those niggas stayed hilariously aggy.

64. El feces lOco Says:

I started fucking wid Gucci(nah) when he had beef with Jeezy and some (allegedly)BMF niggas ran up in the crib while he was getting some pussy and he ended up killing one of them niggas.

Legend has it that Gucci finished getting his nut before he called police and told them “niggas trynna kill me”(c)ODB

65. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

yo, rex, u know what tho…sometimes i agree with that shit…Like I remember in China they executed the executives who allowed for tainted products to be sold on the market.

Like i wouldnt be opposed to someone like Madoff gettin executed. He knew what he was doing and put a lot of people in the poor house behind his fuckery

66. herbal kint Says:

Is this for real ? why do I feel like all of nah right just got Punked ?

If this really is real it must be a sure sign that the end is nigh

67. b-ease Says:

One of them is too young, but the other is like 27/28, so yea, I definetly wouldnt bet against that shit yo.

68. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Except the football players. Those niggas stayed hilariously aggy.
    ^^^^^^
    lmao

SO ICY was a hood DIEGO hit …. swear to god if you older than 22 and thug it out , smoke black and milds, have a chevy caprice, oldsmobile etc 1980’s , bang that SOO-WoO or have brothers that do. GUCCI MANE is in your ride

69. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

damn, they havent had an original idea in hollywood in like a decade

70. b-ease Says:

Like i wouldnt be opposed to someone like Madoff gettin executed.

Dudes a bastard, but thats harsh.

The death penalty should be reserved for rapists and depraved murderers, if it should even exist at all.

71. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

I repeat

Gucci Mane > Joe Buddens

no shots just props

# eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Billz = Namond from the Wire

^Yo, that nigga was on Tyra’s show recently. He put on like an extra 30. They was talkin’ about he hadn’t had a role in over a year. HBO is a helluva drug.

73. b-ease Says:

Billz = Namond from the Wire

LMAO.

74. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

^^^^^^
    lmao was the show about him falling off

but the other is like 27/28,

^I swear, her kid’s father better not be a ninja named Half, or another named Kevin. Roffle will ensue.

# Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:46 pm

^^^^^^
    lmao was the show about him falling off

^LOL. It was about non-ambitious Black men. And for whatever reason, Tyra thought it’d be acceptable to throw that nigga under the bus. With his sister in attendance.

77. b-ease Says:

Yo, I almost want to call her right now just to ask, lol. Her name is Shevon tho.

78. nation Says:

yo i got guns from italy, smoke trees considerably

79. b-ease Says:

It was about non-ambitious Black men.

*Death*

And they had Naymond on there talking about not getting roles?!?

*rofflecopters uncontrollably*

80. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

Dudes a bastard, but thats harsh.

yeah its harsh..and i=the death penalty is a complex issue, but look at it this way.

What’s the difference between wiping out the bank accts of hundreds of elderly ppl and killing one person?

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:47 pm

^Oh shit that name sounds familiar. By any chance, do she wear a lot of makeup?

82. herbal kint Says:

Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:44 pm
    I repeat

Gucci Mane > Joe Buddens

no shots just props

____________

main-o > gucci mane

* straight face *

And they had Naymond on there talking about not getting roles?!?

*rofflecopters uncontrollably*

^ *contagious broffle*

It was the most random… shit… ever. Like, why THIS nigga?

84. b-ease Says:

One is murder, and one is theft. Terrible theft granted, but theft.

85. El feces lOco Says:

^Oh shit that name sounds familiar. By any chance, do she wear a lot of makeup?

^^Six degrees of separation?

86. b-ease Says:

By any chance, do she wear a lot of makeup?

Yea, she does tend to overdo it. Kinda tall lite skin chick, fat now, but used to be a lot smaller.

87. b-ease Says:

*runs to car to grab L clip*

88. Seth Gueko Says:

GUCCITENDO is on the way !
    fresh out of jail
    Gucci Mane
    The Fleer
    ICY

89. Kell-El Says:

*contagious broffle*

^ Why when I see that word, brothel pops in my head

# b-ease Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

By any chance, do she wear a lot of makeup?

^I swear I’m goin’ through my mental Rolodex trying to picture her face. But if she’s fat now that wouldn’t even matter.

91. El feces lOco Says:

main-o > gucci mane

* straight face *

^^NO TENDO

Main 0 = OJ da Juiceman

they both got one song..name a Main-O song besides hater?..quick quick..don’t go google it nigga …quick

Ty and Budden stans vs. the Gucci stans has the potential to be a GOAT NR etherfest.

93. herbal kint Says:

D. Billz Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:50 pm
    And they had Naymond on there talking about not getting roles?!?

*rofflecopters uncontrollably*

^ *contagious broffle*

It was the most random… shit… ever. Like, why THIS nigga?

…. I saw clips of that, he was saying he can’t get roles now because he was typecast, I was like give me a break over half the world doesn’t even know what The Wire is, plus dude was a small role character for one season, The Wire sure didn’t hurt Idris Elba’s career or most the other character, like Avon, Lt./major/commishioner Daniels is in damn near everything now ….

# El feces lOco Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

^Oh shit that name sounds familiar. By any chance, do she wear a lot of makeup?

^^Six degrees of separation?

^I definitely believe in the degrees of separation. But being that this chick he speaks of was in the same entering class that I was in, it’s more like 3.

95. El feces lOco Says:

So Icey > hi Hater

96. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 25th, 2009 at 7:50 pm
    And they had Naymond on there talking about not getting roles?!?

*rofflecopters uncontrollably*

^ *contagious broffle*

It was the most random… shit… ever. Like, why THIS nigga?

^^^^^^^
    *joins in the chatter* *broffles in a circle of bosses*

97. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

…. thats not even a close to realistic comparison though they make 2 completely different types of music, ones good lyrical content and the other is pure ignorant fuckery with catchy slogans and jingles ….

98. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

Gucci 16Fever > Tahiry’s Ass literally

99. herbal kint Says:

El feces lOco Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:54 pm
    main-o > gucci mane

* straight face *

^^NO TENDO

Main 0 = OJ da Juiceman

… I actually hate Hi Hater but I swear to god look in the nah archives I’ve been a Main-O fan since he dropped Rumors, his first couple of mixtapes were fire, and I fuck with the majority of his music, Main-O >>>> every other ignorant rapper ….

100. I Hate My Job Says:

Michael is in 90210 remake too

101. Kell-El Says:

Gucci is a star/
    Gucci buying cars/
    Gucci buy the bar/
    Leave a lame with a scar/

102. El feces lOco Says:

# eskay Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

^^I used to fuck wid Budden(nah) too..but still in all

Jail Cell > Padded Room

103. Farouq (ya thats my government) aka Nah’s Ving Rames in Baby Boy Says:

In My WHIP GUCCI SLAPS much harder than Buddens true story…NOW if I am alone in my room, smoking weed, thinking about the meaning of life whilst not getting love from the bitches; because of my moodiness maybe just maybe Buddens would be the guy I turn to in that particular state of mind

104. I Hate My Job Says:

Uncle Murda >>> every other ignaat rapper

105. Seth Gueko Says:

SO ICY was a fuckin’ hood hit ! dope as well
    can’t wait to see tha cam’ron remix video
    Gucci’s Icy / Max’s Wavy / Killa Cam’s Swag
    they need to do a song together ICEY WAVYNESS fo sure

# herbal kint Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:55 pm

D. Billz Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 7:50 pm
    And they had Naymond on there talking about not getting roles?!?

*rofflecopters uncontrollably*

^ *contagious broffle*

It was the most random… shit… ever. Like, why THIS nigga?

^I don’t wanna throw him under the bus too much, but I will say that as an actor you HAVE to hussle. When I saw him 25+ pounds heavier, it was a clear indication that he had given up. I mean, nobody wants to be typecast, but you gotta take something > nothing. As long as it’s not degrading or homo then that’s what you gotta do to eat. MADD Black actresses/actors get typecast, i.e. Paula Jai Parker, thick who played Will Smith’s mother’s sister on Fresh Prince (I don’t remember her name, lol), the chick from Scary Movie, etc. But I bet you that would rather be workin’ than not workin’. A lot of actors be lookin’ for that “breakthrough” but more often than not, you have to create one.

107. anons aka brother mouzone in a joe clair era Says:

One is murder, and one is theft. Terrible theft granted, but theft.

yeah, but a message needs to be sent to the corporate elite of this country that create devastating financial harm with a smirk on their face. Like if you cap someone u buggin cos u know what could happen…these dudes that wipe out entire communities ain’t as shook as they should be

thats just my opinion, legally it aint’ viable but i wouldn’t be oppposed to it

108. Seth Gueko Says:

the year of gucci mane’s here, after his best effort Trap House
    Guccitendo will be probably his most successful album cuz
    clearly he has the buzz for real nowwwwwwwwwwwwww

109. whowhatwherewhy Says:

dedicated to all fake rappers

110. killah Says:

I agree Gucci Been Bang In Columbus, Oh that’s Where i’m from We Fuck Wit Him In the C.O

Holla

111. Tray Peoples Says:

Yeeeaaahh! Gucci Mane la flare dat shit. If you don’t like Gucci you a hater, Gucci Is the streets… Trap House, Chicken talk, No pad no pencil, wilt chamberlin, GUCCITENDO!! it’s a take over!
    bes belive we fuck wit dat nigga in CHI-TOWN…
    SO ICEY ENTERTAINMENT BABY!!! lol!