Video: KiD CuDi + Asher Roth Interviews (RapRadar)

After the jump, Intro/Lark in My Go Cart & I Love College performances @ SxSW.

62 Responses to “Video: KiD CuDi + Asher Roth Interviews (RapRadar)”

1. green eyes Says:

i dont fuck with roth

2. COCCA88CRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

KILLA!

I see Interscope took my advice. The whole damn crowd know that song (so it seems). That shit might be the college hiphop anthem for years to come.

4. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

Yo, I can’t wait for Assher’s album to drop so he can brick & go away.

5. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

That shit might be the white college hiphop anthem for years to come.

fixed*

Ye’s School Spirit is already an anthem on HBCU campuses.

He said the wrong names too.

^Whose names though?

*grips up*

7. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

The college anthem on every campus i have ever been to is:

There’s some hoes in this house!!!

8. Danielson Says:

–*Dead*

Im not black or italian

pardon my ignorance, then if you are a caucasion male then it has to be:

Alan

im serious now, if its not that i give up lol.

*contemplates another guess*

9. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

Fuck around and ATCQs name is Asher

# AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:15 pm

That shit might be the white college hiphop anthem for years to come.

fixed*

Ye’s School Spirit is already an anthem on HBCU campuses.

^Fortunately for me I have experienced both. Roth’s is far more vivid though.

11. Seth Gueko Says:

asherroth+dj drama=revelation
    asherroth+interscope=flop

i think.

12. Hoskins Says:

lark on my go kart>i love college

13. A tribe called quest Says:

pardon my ignorance, then if you are a caucasion male then it has to be:

Alan

im serious now, if its not that i give up lol.

*contemplates another guess*

Geronimo P aka Chase Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:17 pm
    Fuck around and ATCQs name is Asher

–Im not white…. Its the most Hispanic name you can think of, my twitter is the best clue i guess

14. Danielson Says:

green eyes Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 5:11 pm
    i dont fuck with roth

why not?* hes pretty good.

*sidenote: if your response has anythign to do with race then i dont care.

15. green eyes Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:19 pm

pardon my ignorance, then if you are a caucasion male then it has to be:

Alan

im serious now, if its not that i give up lol.

*contemplates another guess*

Geronimo P aka Chase Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:17 pm
    Fuck around and ATCQs name is Asher

^ jesus

16. Seth Gueko Says:

dayNnite>nikeboots
    brooklyngirl>ilovecollege

17. elgindotcom Says:

please no more of this asher whoever he is.. anyone who looks like that doesnt belong on this site.

18. Danielson Says:

jesus doesnt begin with an ‘a’

i joke.

19. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

Antonio, Angelito, Angelica, Antoinette,

20. green eyes Says:

# Danielson Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:19 pm

green eyes Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 5:11 pm
    i dont fuck with roth

why not?* hes pretty good.

*sidenote: if your response has anythign to do with race then i dont care.

^ lol.. nah, he just doesnt do it for me

21. green eyes Says:

ah.. i missed the part where it had to start with an “a”
    maybe its A-zues

22. A tribe called quest Says:

^ jesus

–Damn not that latino

23. Danielson Says:

@ green eyes you stole my jesus joke lol

24. geico lizard Says:

Beezy Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 4:59 pm
    I Love Temple, and I love women…

Sounds like a jewish pimp

25. green eyes Says:

# Danielson Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:23 pm

@ green eyes you stole my jesus joke lol

^ lol

26. Danielson Says:

i got it;

angel (pronounced ang-hell i believe)

27. Big_seth Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:16 pm

He said the wrong names too.

^Whose names though?

*grips up*

He was askin about the commentors that talk shit about him. He mentioned cOLD & Big Homie. I think he thought they were there & kept quiet. They aint even the ones who hate him.

I was probably the only reg there & I like him so I didn’t say anything, but I laughed. When he was first askin. I repped. I was yellin, but then he asked for them. I got quiet. I’m not them. Then he asked about the ones who hate on him. Also not me so I just laughed.

28. Mac Brown Says:

Anthony/Antonio

29. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

^ jesus

–Damn not that latino

yo, i know your name, and “a tribe called quest” is not a good clue!!

30. A tribe called quest Says:

Antonio, Angelito, Angelica, Antoinette,

–Lmao@ angelica

Im not ashamed to admit i watched rugrats

*Takes balls to the chest like Jimmy rollins (no homo *cam face*)

31. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

^Who’s he. I’m too lazy to go back and find out who you’re talking about

32. green eyes Says:

# Mr. Papagiorgio Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:26 pm

^ jesus

–Damn not that latino

yo, i know your name, and “a tribe called quest” is not a good clue!!

^ ayo

33. Wavy Is a cliche Says:

Cudi>>

>>This type of pub is usually reserved for artists who’s music people actually like.

lol, not to become repetitive, but, because you don’t like it, nobody does? kick rocks boy. While you were sitting around holding your dick all weekend, Asher was in Austin packing clubs.

35. A tribe called quest Says:

yo, i know your name, and “a tribe called quest” is not a good clue!!

–No you dont and i said my twitter, not ATCQ

Chase

He’s talkin’ about Chuck Hamstring.

37. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

–No you dont and i said my twitter, not ATCQ

lol, you told me over bbm. . . that’s why you wanted to be “Henny Hardaway”. . .

38. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

yo, i know your name, and “a tribe called quest” is not a good clue!!

^ ayo

you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeachin.

39. A tribe called quest Says:

–Ah shit thats true

henny hardaway >

40. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 5:29 pm
    Chase

He’s talkin’ about Chuck Hamstring.

^Yo, i’m no tough guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I would bust the fuck out laughing if Charles Hamilton was to be somewhere talking greasy in my direction. Nothing about that cat says that i should fear anything that he has to say.

41. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

===============================================
    And in swings Captain Save-A-Corn to the rescue lol.

I’ve heard people defend dude because of the beating he takes online (Ayo!), but I can’t say I know anyone that is actually hyped to cop this kid’s album. But I don’t know many white college age kids (Assher’s fan base), so my opinion is moot. I’m not mad @ shorty for getting his paper. Don’t mean I gotta like it, tho.

42. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

charles hamilton looks like he cuts his wrists listening to “good girl gone bad”

43. A tribe called quest Says:

Anyone that doesnt like asher, i strongly advise you to listen to his mixtape with dj drama. Its an 08 honorable mention imo

>>And in swings Captain Save-A-Corn to the rescue lol.

I mean, whatever b. you made an asinine statement suggestng that nobody likes him, but theres a video of him performing at the top of the page and the whole crowd is singing along.

I don’t really give a fuck if you like him or not, or if you think he’s corny or whatever, that’s your business. but don’t fucking act like I shouldn’t post his shit cuz nobody likes him when that is clearly not the case.

“Oh, Amp doesn’t know any Asher Roth fans so he must not have any”

^like who the fuck are you b? FOH

45. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

Nothing about that cat says that i should fear anything that he has to say.
    ================================================
    I’d say that’s prolly true of 80% of Nah Right’s commentors too.

46. Big_seth Says:

# Geronimo P aka Chase Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 5:32 pm

D. Billz Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 5:29 pm
    Chase

He’s talkin’ about Chuck Hamstring.

That’s what I did. Ask Elliot Wilson. LMAO. He wasn’t talking to me though. I just found that shit hilarious. I told him not everyone on Nah hates him.

47. nirun Says:

okay okay okay,

dudes must be lazy as fuck and have no work to do or way too self conscious to be in the rap game.

someone from nahright punch one of these cats in the face quick and get famous.

48. nirun Says:

seth mang, u shoulda dr. robotnik’d CH.

49. elgindotcom Says:

50. Mr. Papagiorgio Says:

we have a winner.

>>packing a club in austin, texas is like saying “i am the blackest person in utah”..it doesnt take much to do it.

well for one, hardly anybody in Austin this weekend was from Austin.

and ok, if you wanna say that, how about this one: when I went to see Asher and Heltah Skeltah at SOB’s in NYC, a good half of the crowd left after seeing Asher perform and before Heltah Skeltah took the stage.

blasphemy? I know, but I saw it happen.

and sure it’s easy to pack a club in Austin when there’s 30 other clubs on the same strip, all with free shows going down at the same time.

53. Big_seth Says:

# nirun Says:
    someone from nahright punch one of these cats in the face quick and get famous.

I don’t want fame.
    I don’t believe in unnecessary black on black violence
    I like his music
    he wasn’t talkin to me.
    I’m twice his size. (I realized this when I dapped him & nh)
    My girl was there
    I wanted to see the rest of the show.

I can not think of one reason to mess with that man. LMAO

54. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

====================================

He’s corny. I don’t fuck with him.

I repeat, he’s corny, I don’t fuck with him.

Again. My opinion.

It cost you nothing, pay me no mind (c) Shawn Corey

55. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

=========================================
    That loyal fan base, bailing out before the negroes get rowdy lol.

>>Exactly. So why comment about what I said at all. All you do is post shit, so I’m not blaming you. I’m blaming the cats who actually gather content, the cats who are helping promote this…I guess I am blaming you.

^yeah motherfucker.

>>If you can honestly co-sign this cat as bringing something fresh to Hip-Hop…you GTFOH. You will not be buying this cats shit, so why front? You’re posting it for hits, not cause you fuck with it. Let’s be real.

he can rap. you know you never listened to his mixtape, so don’t tell me he can’t. I fucking know lyrics when I hear them and the kid has lyrics. if you don’t like him fine, but don’t fucking question me or what I do on my site.

57. BIG STRONG Says:

Beans co signed Roths skillz

58. BIG STRONG Says:

if Beans says he’s Good then he’s Good
    * waiting to Limewire Ashers CD *

59. nofaze 1 Says:

fams, Beans cosigned him because he was syruped up…….That “cypher” with Roth was terrible and the kid can’t rap. If A Roth has skills, then any white college kid frat boy who freestyles at keg parties is nice. The same way I wouldn’t say every black kid who can string together lyrics from watching rap city is nice.

I mean if we gonna lower the bar then lower it. Nah Right is part of a concerted effort to help the music industry in any way possible and that is to promote the agenda of the industry. If y’all can help give Roth credibility and make him “official” then you have done your job and you will be rewarded with whatever “favors” you have worked out.

Trust me I ain’t hating, go get your money or whatever your getting homie, just don’t get on here and get defensive about why you’re doing what you’re doing is all. We all know marketing and people. You could sell a shit sandwich if you post it up everyday and say how delicious it is.

60. elgindotcom Says:

well, only thing worse than that asher roth is anyone who pays to see him, just my opinion though.. he pretty damn geeky.

61. Jomoses Says:

nohomo @ the screenshot close up of Cudi…

62. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: Asher Roth - Lark On My Go Kart (Live) Says:

[…] music festival they had down in Texas a couple of weeks back, I forget the name. We already posted a clip of him doing this song down there courtesy of YN, but the sound on this is a little better and it has some extra camera […]