Kanye West Complex Cover & Photo Shoot + Behind the Air Yeezys

kanye-complex

Never a man to rest on his laurels or approach anything in a manner even remotely resembling half-assed, Kanye decided to bring in music video director and photographer Chris Milk for a truly groundbreaking photoshoot for Complex’s April/May issue.

In the cover story, Complex EIC Noah Callahan-Bever picks Kanye’s brain about public perception, insecurity (or his lack thereof) and why Taz’s tights don’t define him as a man.

What does the brand Kanye West mean?
Kanye West: Pop but Luxury. Edgy but Comfortable. I’m about clashing worlds that you think don’t belong together. This is our world and everything belongs together. That’s the ill thing about our president. Our president is black, but our president is white, too. And the original struggle of America is racism, and to have someone in office that represents both of those sides is what I think this world is about. Segregation and snobbery and elitism should be the wack words. That should be what people use to dis people.

Read the full cover story here. After the jump, check out an extensive video rundown of the shoot and the technology used to create the images.

And finally, Complex sat down with Kanye and Mark Smith, Creative Director of Special Projects at Nike, for a in-depth breakdown of the birth of the Air Yeezy. They also have a shit load of exclusive pics, including never before seen prototype shots such as the one below.

kanye-west-air-yeezy-prototype

Kanye West: I grabbed all these Jordans from their archives, and I’m sitting in the office next to Tinker [Hatfield, Jordan designer] and Mark, just pulling out shit and putting it in front of him like, “I like this element.” We just vibed it out.

Links: Behind the Air Yeezys | Air Yeezy Gallery

204 Responses to “Kanye West Complex Cover & Photo Shoot + Behind the Air Yeezys”

1. b-ease Says:

WTF?

the cool

3. Digital Scales Says:

gay

4. Digital Scales Says:

kicks look cool for the summer. shorts with a white tee

5. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

complex’s dicksuckery is so sinsurr

jim jones: MOST RELEVANT IN NEW YORK

kanye west: MOST INFLUENTIAL BRAND IN THE GALAXY

i mean wtf is next

souljah boy: MORE SWAGGER THAN 200,000 SWAGGERFUL ALIENS

6. green eyes Says:

hes a white blue eyed android

7. b-ease Says:

Fuck Karate… people in no order that I think I could fuck up

Daniel San
    Jet Li
    Any kid you ever see that takes a karate stance during a street fight
    A small bear

*gets in passenger seat of car driven by Asian woman*

*doesnt wear seatbelt*

8. Joe 88 Says:

These shoes looked hot…………………………..2 years ago, smfh.

Just release the fucking shoes already.

No one answered my question, DID JOE BUDDEN ALBUM EVER DROP?

wow i’m mad the yeezy’s above didn’t get made – those are incredible. real space boot type shit. me likey.

10. green eyes Says:

# Beezy Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:42 am

In high school we used to have a team whore who would service any and all of us on command…

She would go into a room, and we would just go in one at a time for head. Niggas would even go in for seconds after everyone had a tern.

I would estimate on a busy night the bitch would swallow 20-25 loads…no bullshit.

So yeah, I doubt that consuming enough to need your stomach pumped is possible.

^ karma is going to bless beezy with nothing but daughters

11. Danielson Says:

looks at the kanye cover

*youtube.com/watch?v=c1nw59MpTjQ*

12. Conor Says:

Any word on the Air yeezy price…because he’s stayed pricing out normal fans

13. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

i’m buying the yeezys in every color i can get without camping in front of niketown. these shits is like fusions on steroids. they’re what fusions should have been. the ultimate ode to jordans. yes i know this is some serious stannery but i’m saying, these shits is amaaaaaaaazing

14. Joe 88 Says:

My Goal for 2009

Get prancer pregnant.

If that was to happen I could 2 step to the crossroads with my chin up high & a smile on my face

15. Danielson Says:

DID JOE BUDDEN ALBUM EVER DROP?

google is your friend.

16. Beezy Says:

Any word on the Air yeezy price…because he’s stayed pricing out normal fans

^I heard from a friend @ Nike that the number being tossed around is $215.

17. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Fuck you, your bitch and your lil ass condoms(c)Cammy B

youtube.com/watch?v=vh7XB-iHl04

*starts jerking in his office chair*

18. b-ease Says:

No one answered my question, DID JOE BUDDEN ALBUM EVER DROP?

I’m going to answer that with a rhetorical,

If a tree drops in a forest and no one is there to hear it…?

19. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

karma is going to bless beezy with nothing but daughters

BROFFLE

20. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

if i have daughters i’m sending them to saudi arabia to get raised right, no dick till marriage and no marriage till i say so. CHEA!

21. Joe 88 Says:

I’m going to answer that with a rhetorical,

If a tree drops in a forest and no one is there to hear it…?

*Dead*

22. Conor Says:

215 for a basic sneaker….it’s a recession and fuckers are going wild…shakes head because I know I’m gonna have alot of quiet nights saving the money for those

23. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

with the dream…t-pain….have a song wit neyo for the ladies…
    ============================================
    That Ne-Yo formula is broken. T-Pain…meh. The-Dream is the new Def Jam go to collabo artist. Expect the Juelz/Dream collabo later this year.

Juelz can get some of his shine back, but he’ll never be back where he was @ the hieght of “What The Games Been Missing”. He’s done too much bitchass shit to be considered a boss. Let him make Un Kasa rich 1st…then we’ll talk.

24. Digital Scales Says:

Nahright needs an app, dre don’t do shit like that?

25. Joe 88 Says:

Having a daughter > Having a son

26. Digital Scales Says:

*doesnt pay 215*

27. Digital Scales Says:

Having a Godchild > having a child of your own

28. Danielson Says:

I’m going to answer that with a rhetorical,

If a tree drops in a forest and no one is there to hear it…?

philosphy 101 lol

but in all seriousness yeah it did drop, it was good but like i have said before, the beat selection was awful.

best track imo: ‘now i lay’ and ‘pray for me’

29. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

Joe 88 Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:48 am
    Having a daughter > Having a son
    =============================
    Co-sign…only cause I have a daughter lol.

30. Eastern_Digital Says:

oh shit Joe is back.

31. Beezy Says:

karma is going to bless beezy with nothing but daughters

BROFFLE

>Yeah, based on my horrific actions in life I have no doubt that if I ever have kids, they will all be daughters.

32. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

Joe 88 Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:48 am
    Having a daughter > Having a son

i wouldn’t doubt it. i have a son but if he came out as a girl i would have been just as happy

father/daughter bond > father/son bond

at least from what i’ve seen

I’m gonna go ahead and say 7000 follows by tonight.

34. sean coonery Says:

# Beezy Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:42 am

So yeah, I doubt that consuming enough to need your stomach pumped is possible.

^team whore probably found husbands got married…and had kids

35. Conor Says:

Digital Scales Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:49 am
    Having a Godchild > having a child of your own

Having a dog > Greater than having a god child

when was the last time your god child ever bit the shit out of someone for you

36. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

it was good but like i have said before, the beat selection was awful.
    =============================================
    How was it good but the beats were awful?

MM3 > Padded Room

37. Joe 88 Says:

Having a Godchild > having a child of your own

Co-sign, i’ll smoke to that

*lights half a dutch*

Ya’ll know the price of single dutches are jumping to 2.15$ april 1st if there aren’t already that much depending on where you live

38. kintell Says:

No one answered my question, DID JOE BUDDEN ALBUM EVER DROP?

I’m going to answer that with a rhetorical,

If a tree drops in a forest and no one is there to hear it…?

=i hope joey doesnt read that shit…..it would be heartbreaking for him.LOL.

39. Young Tyrone Lazarus Jenkins the Fif aka YTLJ5 aka White Boy Swag, Black Boy Tags Says:

Beezy Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:49 am

Yeah, based on my horrific actions in life

*pictures beezy in a pied piper mask chaining a bitch up in his lair and doing sick hoodrat things* no homo

40. Danielson Says:

Nahright needs an app

iphone ftw.

41. b-ease Says:

I have no doubt that if I ever have kids, they will all be daughters.

Not if you drop it in the bottom of the pussy hole. Karma can’t beat natural biology.

42. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

father/daughter bond > father/son bond
    ============================
    Real shit.

43. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Pink Dollars poppin…aint no panties droppinnn

These lil bitches got me hyped up….I love the break beat..I hope this is the direction hip hop heads back into. Fuck Diddy, Hov, Just Blaze..all dem niggas that want hip hop to sound like choir music, big ass productions and shit…Just gimmie a break beat…loop the shit and go in…

youtube.com/watch?v=MIqOSOs6kFM

>>Having a daughter > Having a son

sizzle

>>Nahright needs an app, dre don’t do shit like that?

an iPhone joint? I should have something by later tonight. not necessarily an app, but it’ll make the site play nicely with the iPhone.

45. Beezy Says:

^I bought one in Jersey City for $2 the other day….I was fucking flabberghasted.

When i started smoking dutches were 50c. I been smoking SO fucking long.

46. Digital Scales Says:

fuck your followers all a bunch of woodro fans

47. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

============================================
    Hell naw. That’s extortion. $1.25 is enough as it is.

48. Danielson Says:

@amp

what i should of said are the beats are not as good as they could/should of been, the lyrics are dope and so is his flow, so it enables me to ignore some of those beats lol.

49. Digital Scales Says:

i have a blackberry

50. b-ease Says:

That’s horrific. I got charged 8.00 for ports in AA county on Friday nite. A nigga started having heart palpitations and shit.

51. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

# eskay Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:50 am

I’m gonna go ahead and say 7000 follows by tonight.

^^eskay lies, men lie…numbers don’t

52. Conor Says:

eskay Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:51 am
    >>Having a daughter > Having a son

sizzle

>>Nahright needs an app, dre don’t do shit like that?

Pffft iphones… when can I get my nahright updates sent to my house in singing telegram form…. I bet we can get Memph Bleek & Skee-Lo to do it for rent money

53. Danielson Says:

let us know when its set up and ready yo, but in the long term, an app would be crack.

54. green eyes Says:

# b-ease Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:51 am

I have no doubt that if I ever have kids, they will all be daughters.

^ que?

55. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

^^1.25 for the singles here….but the 4 pack is still 3.75…Muhammed husltin backwards at the bodega.

*jerks out the bodega*

56. Danielson Says:

Digital Scales Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:53 am
    i have a blackberry

apps for iphone >>>>>>>

57. Digital Scales Says:

iphones are gay

yeah i said it..

iphones are the feminine, you have to gently glide your finger across the screen and shit

blackberrys are the masculine

58. Joe 88 Says:

Hell naw. That’s extortion. $1.25 is enough as it is

^I know right. But we all know ninjas is gonna complain all the way to the store, kick out that extra 90 cent, complain all the way back home & complain while smoking about the price of dutches

59. green eyes Says:

lol @ gently glide

60. Conor Says:

Please at least you’re getting by cheaper I’m up to 8 dollars a can now… smh at the fact that I can get a can for 3 bucks down south but 8 at home…the fuck is that

61. Digital Scales Says:

and if i gotta pay 2 and change for a dutch, ima started smoking in zig zags

62. b-ease Says:

^ que?

Chinese “wive’s tale” supposes that dropping your load in from the back as deep as possible while stroking rigorously (no slow stroke) garuntees a son. Some wannabe mystic nigga I went to college with was into Asian culture. I always thought that was funny/interesting.

63. Danielson Says:

blackberrys are the masculine

niggas always gotta make shit look feminin/homo, now im gonna feel guilty the next time i get a txt/call lol.

64. green eyes Says:

epmd & keith murray in concert on thurs in ft laud for any south fl heads

65. green eyes Says:

# b-ease Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:57 am

^ que?

^ lol.. i never heard of that, learn something new everyday

66. b-ease Says:

Keith Murray’s alive? That’s whats up yo.

67. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

=================================
    I bitch in between pulls lol.

68. Beezy Says:

*fucks doggy*

*strokes rigorously*

*gaurantees the Beezy blood-line continues by empregnating hooker with male son*

69. Joe 88 Says:

Digital Scales Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 11:57 am
    and if i gotta pay 2 and change for a dutch, ima started smoking in zig zags

^yeah for like 2 days, then you & your goons are gonna be huddled up complaing about spending 10$ on five dutch masters, lol

70. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

======================================
    And here I though hitting the bottom of the pussy just made a chick cum mad hard.

71. Digital Scales Says:

shorty has no ass and i don’t even mind, weird huh?

i mean no ass, she looks like she left her ass at home

72. Conor Says:

Babies you get a cheaper fix..and girls don’t run away when you’re smoking…

Dipping = Dry dick (pause)

but god help me if I don’t love my sweet sweet nicotine

73. Beezy Says:

and if i gotta pay 2 and change for a dutch, ima started smoking in zig zags

>When they charged me $2 for a dutch I was initially outraged…but then figured what the fuck else am I gonna do.

Now I pay $2 and dont even think about it.

74. b-ease Says:

i mean no ass, she looks like she left her ass at home

*dead*

75. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

and if i gotta pay 2 and change for a dutch, ima started smoking in zig zags
    ===============================================
    Only time I smoke joints is when a white kid passes me one. Other then that, it’s strictly Vanilla Dutch’s.

76. Conor Says:

Digital Scales Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:01 pm
    shorty has no ass and i don’t even mind, weird huh?

i mean no ass, she looks like she left her ass at home

Like the ass got hit with a frying pan

77. b-ease Says:

Now I pay $2 and dont even think about it.

I fear that day.

>>blackberrys are the masculine

true. but still iphones >>>

79. Joe 88 Says:

Alright guys & gals, it’s been fun, but I gotta run, i’ll be back on later I swear, lol.

Tell Billz I said aaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooo!!!

80. Digital Scales Says:

Billz is gonna be absolutely crushed he missed you

81. Conor Says:

Piece 88

82. Beezy Says:

*daps Gucci 88*

83. Conor Says:

shaking my head that I’m still killing time in that sneaker gallery….contemplating how I’m gonna swing 215 while still getting drunk on the reg

84. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

that cover is creepy

85. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

I discovered and adopted this group over the weekend, they are called Pink Dollars..I love these lil chicks they remind me of some Real Roxanne Shante type shit..just having fun with the music on some female braggadoccio shit.

I actually contacted them to do some free promo work for em..I like their style that much.

PINK DOLLARS
    myspace.com/wh0sbad

check their page for more songs (4 in all)

DOWNLOAD NEVER HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Copy the link below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIDEBAR: I really don’t expect any of you hardcore gangsta niggas that be on here listening to Wale, CH and Asher Roth to dig this..this is mostly for the chicks that lurk here..and for niggas who love to hear chicks spit.

Show the youth love…don’t eat the young

*jerks off with Cammy B in the Hummer*

86. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

PINK DOLLARS
    myspace.com/wh0sbad

check their page for more songs (4 in all)

DOWNLOAD NEVER HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Copy the link below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    zshare.net/audio/57205903fb23eddb/

Show the youth love…don’t eat the young

*jerks off with Cammy B in the Hummer*

87. b-ease Says:

peace joe

88. b-ease Says:

LF : Sometimes I see shit moving in the corner of my eye when nothings really there. I’ve done way too many drugs in my life.

89. MiamiDaze Says:

epmd & keith murray in concert on thurs in ft laud for any south fl heads

___________
    Revolution right?

90. 911 Says:

*waits on bootleg air yeezy’s*

91. PHENOMENON Says:

Nice spread.

92. LOL Says:

wtf.. fuck this gay shit

geek ass nerd

nah right is full of geek ass nerds who sit behind computer all day and act hood like the owner of this site

93. Beezy Says:

^Thats prob just a floater dude…like you get things floating around in the jelly in your eye internally.

94. MiamiDaze Says:

_________
    Tell em why you mad son

95. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Man I wish I was young again..look at them…so young and dumb..not a care in the world..daddy buy em sneakers, iphones, shoes, momma wash they clothes…ahh to be young again.

*prays to the god of benjamin buttonness*

96. Digital Scales Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 11:57 am

epmd & keith murray in concert on thurs in ft laud for any south fl heads

^ ^
    What!! [Googles it.]

99. kevfrescura de talco Says:

peace nahkis.

top of the day to y’all. *daps abound*

yo eskay…..

you got any of those links to blackberry codebreakers?

100. nation Says:

there’s something on my screen… (no Fux)

101. b-ease Says:

@ beezy Word. I was getting a little worried.

102. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

# LOL Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:07 pm

wtf.. fuck this gay shit

geek ass nerd

^^And you’re the exception? You just took a few minutes from selling crack, beating up your girl, shooting niggas to come here and do what? be a geek?

103. sean coonery Says:

I just found out one of my former jump offs (who I used to smut out) is going to get married….ROFLMFAO…

she was a college party girl….she found a good man…

104. kevfrescura de talco Says:

this nigga ‘ye look like the titan of wind in god of war 2. lol.

105. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

LOL = Nestle Snipes = ______

106. Conor Says:

LOL Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:07 pm
    wtf.. fuck this gay shit

geek ass nerd

Circle yo crib

107. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

bootleg Yeezy’s are out. word to Mustafa at the Swap Meet

108. Beezy Says:

nah right is full of geek ass nerds who sit behind computer all day

^Juelz? Young Chris?

109. Conor Says:

@ – “nah right is full of geek ass nerds who sit behind computer all day ”

I’d like to add the unemployed to that list

110. 911 Says:

>I’m calling bullshit. You’ve said this same statement before. You fucking’ slacker. lol. And don’t do something gay like: not allow the ipod function to work in the background. Many apps have failed on that account alone.

111. Mr.Dean Says:

Kanye = Pee wee herman

112. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

If there’s one thing I regret, is that I haven’t dated nearly enough sluts. I’m usually drawn to the “nice girl” type & that’s cool. But once in a while you just wanna mess with a chick that’s down for whatever. Gotta start broadening my whorizons.

113. PHENOMENON Says:

# Digital Scales Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 pm

# PHENOMENON Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Nice spread.
    ____

ayo

you just love when Kaneye has a spread dont you

^ ^
    Spreads are gay?? Idk, I’m not hip to your homosexual sub-culture lingo Digi.

[But Pause anyway.]

114. Danielson Says:

thats because the software doesnt allow it too unless its an apple app. iphone OS 3.0 will fix this in June.

115. Danielson Says:

thats because the software doesnt allow it to unless its an apple app. iphone OS 3.0 will fix this in June

116. green eyes Says:

# MiamiDaze Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:06 pm

epmd & keith murray in concert on thurs in ft laud for any south fl heads

___________
    Revolution right?

^ the flyer says club premier
    305hiphop.com/content/epmd-keith-murrar-live-club-premier

117. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

NR is cool..its just that when you come on NR expect to see posts about the same 5 rappers all day thas all..no variety here..no variety in music right nah at all anyway..we have these new cookie cutter rapper geeks and then you have all the old heads that wanna see Jayz and Nas do a show at the MGM Grand so they can dress up in tuxedos and go act like they rich and grown up.

The music suffers, the old heads have the money but no ear for what the kids want..The kids have the talent but no money(way) to market themselves.

PS.Charles Hamilton is still wack

118. Danielson Says:

whorizons

lol

119. sean coonery Says:

# AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:12 pm

LOL = Nestle Snipes = ______

^How about no…

120. Danielson Says:

CH > Asher Roth > Wale

121. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

LOL = Nestle Snipes = Sean Coonery

Any more aliases I should be adding?

122. Danielson Says:

people actually use aliases on here?

123. Mag Says:

“Lets feed his Ego” – Complex

124. 911 Says:

>>And in that respect 90’s babies > . The only thing they got on 80’s kids.

125. PHENOMENON Says:

# sean coonery Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:11 pm

she was a college party girl….she found a good man sucker for love…

126. Danielson Says:

*multiple aliases

fixed

127. Mag Says:

No lie I’m RIPPING off the Cover when this comes in the mail.

128. Beezy Says:

people actually use aliases on here?

^Definitely not.

129. Danielson Says:

Beezy Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:25 pm
    people actually use aliases on here?

^Definitely not.

it was fixed to what i meant to say originally

>>The old heads don’t accept the young heads..cause they old..think back to 15-20 years ago..when your pops/uncle/aunt/ told you that Naughty by Nature wasnt as good as RUNDMC…no matter how true or not..you wasnt trynna hear it..well now YOU are your pops/uncle/aunt…hating on the youth.

so which is it? you just said it’s all “new cookie cutter rapper geeks” then in the next paragraph you say it’s all old heads who don’t accept the new generation. get your fuckin stories straight. and if you’re so fucking smart, then who’s an artist you think should be getting coverage here who isn’t?

131. 911 Says:

^vision.

>>And in that respect 90’s babies > . The only thing they got on 80’s kids.

^That greater than is in regards to there access or being privy to better technology.

132. A tribe called quest Says:

Nah right = United fathers of america no shots

I feel like I should seed a chick up to fit in

133. Nestle Snipes Says:

Co Sign…kids nowadays got fucking Iphones, X-Box 360/PS 360 at 14 – 15, 200 dollar jordans at 13 years old…

Niggas aint gotta work hard for nothing…its a silver spoon…

134. PHENOMENON Says:

NEWS:

Lady goes grocery shopping with a seeing eye horse.

135. Nestle Snipes Says:

*PS 3

136. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Pink Dollaz_I’m Tasty remix ft Tay F 3rd

reverbnation.com/controller/audio_player/download_song/1693145

“It’s Mocha and I’m back again/
    got that bomb ass pussy cum drippin from from ya chin
    slurp that shit back up
    then spit it on my butt”

These high school bitches goin hard.

137. gM Says:

is that Kanye or Brother Ali??

138. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

“It’s Mocha and I’m back again/
    got that bomb ass pussy cum drippin from from ya chin
    slurp that shit back up
    then spit it on my butt”
    ========================
    C’mon fam. Enough. No one gives a fuck about them bitches you talking about. Fuck are you, their publicist?

139. Danielson Says:

Nestle Snipes Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:27 pm
    *PS 3

lol old head.

140. Seth Gueko Says:

LOL video of the year ! crazy dude on tv (live) !
    worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh1fkcM4zdzHkQCj0L
    fly like the butterfly fly ! Lmao

141. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

^^There are many new artists out but they dont have a “buzz” so blogs like yours really dont let them shine..I’ve seen you “make” a few rappers careers tho,like CH(he’s wack tho) I think you’re taking this shit personal though.

The music itself is at a crossroads..what do you say about a genre of music whose biggest artist is a “rock star”? ..rappers carrying guitars? Hip hop music itself as an artform is dying..hence the feeling of “death” on all hip hop blogs in general

142. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

^^Why yes I am…thank you for taking your 2 minutes to hate..it’s all love.

143. Big_seth Says:

Yo, eskay

How come you didn’t defend cOLd & Big Homie when CH was dissin them. LMAO

144. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    But the music coming from the new generation now is greatly inferior to the material of the previous one by leaps and bounds.

People of the 90’s comparing material to the 80’s is absolutely not the same as comparing the 90’s to the new millennium.

145. A tribe called quest Says:

CH > Asher Roth > Wale

-Cosign

146. Danielson Says:

Hip hop music itself as an artform is dying

i agree with that bit.

im not feeling B.o.B and his direction now or Wayne’s rebirth shit, but sadly the hip hop well all love is not the hip hop that sells, and therefore niggas gotta do somethign ‘different’ in order to shine.

>>There are many new artists out but they dont have a “buzz” so blogs like yours really dont let them shine..

like fucking who? don’t just say that, name fucking names.

>>I’ve seen you “make” a few rappers careers tho,like CH(he’s wack tho) I think you’re taking this shit personal though.

of course I’m taking it personal, this is my motherfucking website. And so what you think C.Hamilton is wack, there’s plenty of people who don’t. I know I just watched him rock a club full of people in Austin and the crowd was loving it. but yeah, since you don’t like him, I’ll stop posting his shit. GTFOH.

148. A tribe called quest Says:

Woodro what phone do you have the bb curve, cause i have the update. It s nothing special tho, just lets use you the vid camera and play SOME vids on youtube.

149. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

========================================
    No-sign. It’s the same shit.

150. Kendoll Says:

# PHENOMENON Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:34 pm

^ ^

Inferior how? people in the 70’s think 90’s music is wack. It’s a never ending cycle. In 15 years people will be saying how wack music is now compared to the soulja boy and lil wayne days. It’s a generation thing.

151. Beezy Says:

How come you didn’t defend cOLd & Big Homie when CH was dissin them. LMAO

^Latepass….explanation?

152. A tribe called quest Says:

Joe 88 Says:

–Oh shit Joe really alive or someone playing shenanigans

153. Big Homie Says:

How come you didn’t defend cOLd & Big Homie when CH was dissin them. LMAO

^ Huh CH was dissing me?

154. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Hip HOp started dying when it chose to become what it wasnt..hip hop was created because the youth could’nt sing, could’nt play instruments, werent accepted by mainstream.

A music about non conformity now prides itself on conforming. True the artform is now bigger in stature but it’s severely lackin in substance. I heard some niggas the other day remixin OPP.
    _______________________________________

^^^Exactly I think the old heads here make the mistake of comparing todays music to our “nas, krs, llcoolj etc” when in actuality they should be comparing them to the previous generation , guys like “busy bee, grandmasterflash, etc” them dudes wore tight clothes and made party (dance) records.

Solja boy= Dana Dane

155. PHENOMENON Says:

Ok, if I’m wrong that the music coming out now does not compare to that of the 90’s and that the 90’s had a far better quality of Hip-Hop music, then I’m prepared to take that “L”.

156. 911 Says:

How come you didn’t defend cOLd & Big Homie when CH was dissin them. LMAO

^^Is actually interested. Elab’. Someone, what’s this about?

157. kevfrescura de talco Says:

How come you didn’t defend cOLd & Big Homie when CH was dissin them.

so this dude really said there names while he was performing? seriously now, i wanna know.

158. Big Homie Says:

I fuck with Charles Hamilton’s music hardcore so maybe I was mixed up with someone. Unless CH dissed me for another reason that I am unaware about. lol

Is actually interested. Elab’. Someone, what’s this about?

^I have know idea and would like to know also…

160. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

==========================================
    You’re so off base, it ain’t even funny. I’m done. I refuse to indulge you in this bullshit convo.

^you like what I did there big homie?

162. Danielson Says:

where did CH diss anybody from here? someone clarify lol

163. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

I know one thing..if history serves correct and our past is our future..with the economy like it is we finna get into some gangsta as soon as this happy go lucky dance phase dies out.

*buys vest and gets vaccinated*

*Buys early tickets to go see the next “NWA”*

164. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

==========================================

^^Ok

165. Beezy Says:

Seth, get back here and explain your CH diss comment.

only nigga I really shitted on that gets shine on nah is Mickey Factz… I’ve never fully shitted on CH,. just said he wasnt my cup of tea.

167. sleep Says:

Who had the curve and storm which one is better?

I got the curve think but copping the bold

168. MiamiDaze Says:

Solja boy= Dana Dane
    ______________

Your comparing Bally suede shoes to Yums?
    GTFOH

169. green eyes Says:

# cOLD Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm

^you like what I did there big homie?

^ LMAO

170. R.J.Orion Says:

cOLD Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm
    Is actually interested. Elab’. Someone, what’s this about?

^I have know idea and would like to know also…

—–

*daps everyone*

word… i hardly ever scroll back … wtf is going on with CHamilton nahrightname dropping ? …

171. Big Homie Says:

Big_Seth starting rumors and shit lol.

172. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

Jalil from Whodini = Kanye West

173. sleep Says:

I mean I’m trying to cop the storm

174. Prince Says:

*lurking*

175. Danielson Says:

sleep Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm
    Who had the curve and storm which one is better?

I got the curve think but copping the bold

got an iphone but dad has the storm, its a nice looking phone but has no wifi ( i understand that may not be important to some) and the touchscreen is horrendous imo, mum has the curve and its much better to type with, which is afterall, the most important thing on a blackberry.

curve > storm

176. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Danielson Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm
    where did CH diss anybody from here? someone clarify

someone had said that @sxsw in austin he called out nahright commenters by name.

177. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

# MiamiDaze Says:
    March 23rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Solja boy= Dana Dane
    ______________

Your comparing Bally suede shoes to Yums?
    GTFOH

^^When Ballys first dropped..your pops dissed them too…look at ya bloodline, you come from a long line of haters…your family only love shit when the rest of the world co signs.

178. R.J.Orion Says:

did Charles ether cOLD in a live freestyle or something? …

“what had happened ? “(c) stuart scott (god forbid)

179. Big Homie Says:

tinyurl.com/c53eco

G.O.O.D. Music’s set at Levis Fader Fort on audio WOW

180. A tribe called quest Says:

Im only coppin’ the black/glow n the dark yeezy’s. Im on the fence about the tan ones

did Charles ether cOLD in a live freestyle or something? …

^nah right?

>>A music about non conformity now prides itself on conforming.

you sound like the old-head to me. because I’m 31 and I can appreciate the Kid Cudi’s and Charles Hamiltons, etc. for what they bring to the table. you’re the one who’s crying that the music has gone “left” and doesn’t sound like what YOU think Hip-Hop should sound like. because somebody like Hamilton is doing anything but conforming to what the general idea of what hip-hop should be.

at the end of the day, these artists are making music that the younger generation are fucking with. ya’ll niggas act like bloggers and magazines are pushing these artists on the public and forcing them to like them, as if that’s possible. remember all of the coverage Benzino used to give himself in the Source? and niggas still didn’t fuck with him. why? because he was wack.

I post shit I personally fuck with on some level, bt I also respond to what I see happening in the industry. what fucking good would it do me to post a bunch of shit people don’t like? just because the majority of commenters on Nah don’t fuck with Mickey Factz doesn’t mean nobody does. I’ve had people come up to me and personally thank me for putting them onto him and countless other rappers that get aired out on here on the regular. so it’s whatever. the world is bigger than your fucking laptop screen and this comment box.

183. kevfrescura de talco Says:

sleep Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:49 pm
    Who had the curve and storm which one is better?

I got the curve think but copping the bold

this will be my umpteeth but last time co-siggin the bold cuz at&t aint cuttin a check but yeah sleep…..go get the bold homie. sophisticated swag on auto pilot.

184. Prince Says:

kevfrescura de talco Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:52 pm
    Danielson Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm
    where did CH diss anybody from here? someone clarify

^ WORDDDDD, he should responde to ryhme fest not nahright

185. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

186. Prince Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:54 pm

^ nah im hype bout the tan 1’s them shits r straight CRACK

187. MiamiDaze Says:

____________________

So Yums are hot? I thought twice about engaging your simple ass, but you have no idea about shit. Fuck you talking about long line of haters, you come on here make a moronic statement just for the attention hoping someone acknowledges ya bum ass. Go cop some Yums along with whatever else fruity shit your into.

188. Danielson Says:

oh seen, lol thats pretty clever and i bet it caught a few people off guard

>>Dana Dane had a whole song about some chick named Dr Slumber and haviing nightmares..Solja boy had a whole song about kissin thru the phone..if you don’t see the similarities..I can’t help u bro.

*blank fucking stare*

190. green eyes Says:

^ i think this needs to be repeated

191. Big_seth Says:

It wasn’t a complete diss, but he did say ya’lls names.

I was thinkin? did he just pick random names or did these guys really shit on him. He was askin about Nah niggas & I’m yellin & reppin LOL. Then he asks if ya’ll were there… its quiet. cuz you weren’t. Then he says something like “are any other Nahright commentors here that shit on me” I stay quiet cuz I like his music & I don’t really diss him. I’m standing next to YN yellin “not everyone disses you”. He says something else that I forgot. Then defends his fedora & Kills his set.

after the performance I tell him “not everyone on Nah hates him.” He laughs, we dap, he leaves.

He mentions it in his blog here.

charleshamilton.blogspot.com/

on the sat. post at the end

“I told the crowd at yesterday’s Nah Right show how I feel about them. After I put the Nah Right stupid commentors in they place. I told them simply (because I just finished doing “Shinin”) “I feel really alive right now, while performing a song that was at one point a suicide letter. So when I tell yall that I love yall, I mean it.”

192. kevfrescura de talco Says:

the world is bigger than your fucking laptop screen and this comment box.

but you could frame so much about what goes on in the world in these lil shits.

which reminds me…….

Eskay….do you still have any links to the blackberry codebreakers?

193. A tribe called quest Says:

and niggas still didn’t fuck with him. why? because he was wack.

–Shots at mickey factz, amanda diva?

194. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Then he asks if ya’ll were there… its quiet. cuz you weren’t.

lol!

195. Mic The Hand Tony Says:

I post shit I personally fuck with on some level, bt I also respond to what I see happening in the industry. what fucking good would it do me to post a bunch of shit people don’t like? just because the majority of commenters on Nah don’t fuck with Mickey Factz doesn’t mean nobody does. I’ve had people come up to me and personally thank me for putting me onto him and countless other rappers that get aired out on here on the regular. so it’s whatever. the world is bigger than your fucking laptop screen and this comment box.

^^You speaking thru your emotions now..if you think hip hop music is in a “healthy space” then we’ll just agree to disagree. If you think the music as an industry sucks right now then we can continue this discussion.

The industry ( marketing, shows, concerts,) etc is dead..the music as an artform( lyrics, production etc) is laying on its deathbed.

196. A tribe called quest Says:

I put the Nah Right stupid commentors in they place

–nahright.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/cam-true-mag.jpg

197. AmpGeez a.k.a. Mr. Solo Dolo Says:

Mic The Hand Tony Says:

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:55 pm
    =====================================
    Alright. Now I’m convinced you’re a fucking peon.

>>You speaking thru your emotions now..if you think hip hop music is in a “healthy space” then we’ll just agree to disagree. If you think the music as an industry sucks right now then we can continue this discussion.

Hip-hop is straight man, the fuck you talking about? there’s more independent artists thriving right now than any time since the mid-90’s. but because you don’t fuck with them, you’re ready to write a eulogy.

>>This nigga just had to fly to Austin Texas to see a good show and you think the music itself is in a “healthy” place? If you do then I’ll be wrong this time….adn you from NY.

what are you even talking about dog? SXSW is the biggest indie music festival in the country and it happens to be in Austin. Nobody HAD to fly there to see a dope show, I’ve seen plenty of dope shows in New York and elsewhere. you’re seriously a fucking moron dog, don’t talk to me anymore.

199. LOL Says:

LOL geek ass fags writing paragraphs and shit on this comment shit

200. Nah Right » Blog Archive » The Other Complex Cover (Kim Kardashian) Says:

[…] if you weren’t feeling the Chris Milk assisted Kanye West cover of Complex’s April/May issue, you can’t possibly be mad at this alternate version with Kim […]

201. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: Making of the Kanye West Complex Cover + Digital Kanye Dance Routine Says:

[…] folks at Sway Studio’s, the firm that helped create the digitally enhanced Kanye West Complex cover, put together this short clip about how they did it. Hit the jump for a bonus clip of a digitally […]

202. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: Making of the Kanye West Complex Cover + Digital Kanye Dance Routine Says:

203. spirit equality Says:

why the f–k does he he have blue eyes?

SMH.

anglos strike again.

204. Guest Blog: Noah Callahan-Bever, E-I-C of COMPLEX Magazine « The Calm Says:

[…] Note: NCB is the Editor-In-Chief of COMPLEX. If you had never heard of him before the interviews he did for the magazine, you probably didn’t know about his rap sheet either. When asked to […]