Video: Common Interview w/ Substantial

Actor and hip-hop recording artist Common sits down with QN5 recording artist Substantial after a performance in Baltimore, MD at the Sonar. Common speaks about his parent’s influences, DMV artist and talks about his favorite rappers of today.

Props to Tunji. The next step might be getting Com & Talib back in the studio. Maybe even track down the elusive Madlib (c) Kweli.

44 Responses to “Video: Common Interview w/ Substantial”

1. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

PUSSYHOLE!

2. kevfrescura de talco Says:

i’ll still put a nigga in a Cross Face Chicken Wing,

but doing that for recreation and not cuz ya life depended on it might be homo.

3. kevfrescura de talco Says:

” big comstradamus niggas styles i predict.”(c) rashid

4. D_Block_4_Life Says:

You need more homophobia

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 11:50 am

i’ll still put a nigga in a Cross Face Chicken Wing,

but doing that for recreation and not cuz ya life depended on it might be homo.

^It woulda been easier if you just woulda took your L when given and kept it movin’. Aint nothin’ shameful about not knowin’ somethin’. It’s cool, playas fuck up (c) spoonyluv/Mike Epps.

Like you said, you’re 33. You too old for dat.

i’m on the block all day with no vacation
    pushing squares and O’s with no playstation.

7. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

but doing that for recreation and not cuz ya life depended on it might be homo
    ^ ^ ^
    again negative, if you say somethin slick just be prepared to break the hold.

8. Seth Gueko Says:

The Believer LP hope
    At the End of the Year
    hope one day a big concert
    as a madison square garden show
    cuz he’s famous now, he can do that bigger

9. D_Block_4_Life Says:

“Im out” @ Billz

10. Johnathan Osterman Says:

^Click the name to hear a fresh little demo^

Lemme kno what u lot think

I’m deading it soon

11. D_Block_4_Life Says:

AllHipHop.com: As far as 50 what are your thoughts now?

Cam’ron: I mean everybody knows I’m back, I’m back in the building, everybody knows that I’m back. Whatever was said when I wasn’t here, cool, but I’m back and you know I have no problem addressing any problem when a problem comes to me. It doesn’t matter who it is, but right now I see he got beef going on with Rick Ross right now. That’s going on, but I’m here. Right now it’s quiet. I’ll let them finish doing what they’re doing and when it comes around to me – if it gets to me – I’ll be ready.

12. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

pushing squares and O’s with no playstation
    ^ ^ ^
    GATTTTT!

13. Pusha TON Says:

KILLA

grimey as hell you’ll be lucky to get grazed
    than have that big guage blow off like six braids
    how could you be so broke specially at this age
    how could you fuck that bitch raw and risk aids – Ransom

^why this nigga aint signed again?

15. kevfrescura de talco Says:

Like you said, you’re 33. You too old for dat.

so its cool to be young, know about a wrestling move that involves wrapping ya legs around anotha dude, and find it entertaining?

nah, right? not the way you nahggers scream ‘ayo homos’.

*makes mental note to tell sons wrestling is gay*

16. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

D_Block_4_Life Says:

March 20th, 2009 at 11:56 am
    AllHipHop.com: As far as 50 what are your thoughts now?

thats the shit in talkin bout.

17. Geronimo P aka Chase Says:

Madoff must remain in prison until sentencing

nytimes.com/2009/03/21/business/21madoff.html?_r=1&hp

18. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

KILLA!

19. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I wouldn’t mind hearing a Curtis Pt.2 diss, i mean it only a matter of time before 50 says something slick about Cam…

Lemme kno what u lot think

*comprising results*

# kevfrescura de talco Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 11:59 am

Like you said, you’re 33. You too old for dat.

nah, right? not the way you nahggers scream ‘ayo homos’.

*makes mental note to tell sons wrestling is gay*

^Wrong. Your initial embarrassment arose when you thought the Torture Rack was some type of “device”. You were called out on it, and feeling insecure and embarrassed, the natural retort was to say “wrestling is for homos”. Since you had no way to refute your lack of knowledge of somethin’, you used the “ayo” meter as your crutch and you’re still tryin’ to run with it. But we know that it was just a cover-up of your WWF fail. Now either you can admit that you was wrong and say, fuck it, w/e w/e. OR, option B and continue to use the ayo crutch. Or C, be prepared to call me outta my name or insult me since I know that’s the “usual” tactic of defense.

A, B, or C… Jimmy crack corn because I really don’t give a fuck. Just stating the facts.

*Bobby Fishers it up*

22. BIG STRONG Says:

*Cam is praying 50 comes at him again he had over a year to prepare*

23. PHENOMENON Says:

# Geronimo P aka Chase Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Madoff must remain in prison until sentencing

nytimes.com/2009/03/21/business/21madoff.html?_r=1&hp

^ ^
    Fallin’ [C] Hov

24. kevfrescura de talco Says:

^Click the name to hear a fresh little demo^

Lemme kno what u lot think

that shits not bad rigz. “i like ya style kid”(c) shorty doo wop rollin oo wops in the park reclining

25. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Wow i haven’t seen one of those in a while Billz, good to see you still give a shit about the sport.

26. Da Says:

no more common for at least another 2 years please. especially with him in that new Terminator movie, which i hope he doesnt ruin.

27. BIG STRONG Says:

I personaly hope 50 takes the bait so I can bump Deeper then Rap in my truck and not have people in the Stuy looking at me sideways.

28. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Lol @ BS

29. D_Block_4_Life Says:

I need that MBM2CDQ like right now….

30. RoBaBank Says:

common and furioustylez is the same nigga

concept: good concept backed up by stong lyrics

content: very strong content the melody meshes well with what you’re spitting

instrumental: good selection like the harmonizing in the background.

delivery is boisterous, but the flow is too consistent, and does’nt really switch up at all.

overall, dope.

32. PHENOMENON Says:

# BIG STRONG Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

^ ^
    I still have that “Maybach Music 2” snippet on repeat.

# D_Block_4_Life Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 12:09 pm

^LOL. Sport? GTFOH. That shit is a soap opera for men/teens/kids. I haven’t watched wrestling in YEARS.

I don’t know what’s goin’ in wrestling right now and could give 2 dookies. My retort wasn’t to defend wrasslin, per se, but to acknowledge that it’s nothin’ wrong with being… wrong.

34. Co!!inb: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

*contemplates stopping at the adult flick spot after work to beef up [ll] physical Ice La Foxx collection*

35. kevfrescura de talco Says:

You were called out on it, and feeling insecure and embarrassed,

===========================================

===========================================

i can’t tell. and ya fact are backwards. just blog nigga.

36. D_Block_4_Life Says:

LOL, nigga i meant your short dissertation…

37. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Sport as in argument game….Compliment identification failure

Rigga ever think about putting Digi on cinematic?

^ damn they still exist?

40. Johnathan Osterman Says:

Aight, safe for listening cOLD & Kev

I’ma have the finished version with the hook & 3rd verse soon I jus wanted a opinion

I got another one for you lot…2 secs

*heads to wshh for latest fuckrey*

42. Johnathan Osterman Says:

# cOLD Says:
    March 20th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Rigga ever think about putting Digi on cinematic?

I’m conjuring suttin for woodro as we type

>>you serious? i said oh ok and how would you know how i felt? dont pawn how you would feel in that situation on me homie.

^I said that to humor myself. You need more Wayans Brothers.

>>nigga please. i used to watch wrestling from like 6 -10. i have no knowledge of some move cuz i thought it was gay by 11.

^That may be well and true. But reading about you pulling some mystical S&M object from under an imaginary ring was comical, yet doesn’t cover up the fact that you were wrong. That’s all I was sayin’.

>>i can’t tell. and ya fact are backwards. just blog nigga.

^I don’t blog, I comment. God forbid I don’t wanna end up in your torture rack.

“Mama said lock MY ass” (c) Martin, “You So Crazy”

44. Up And Up Television Says:

Peace Ahsmi! this is Truth Hall founder of UAUTV Good look on the post! I was tryna send this to you and I come check and wa-lah…Thx also for all the love you give Wale and the whole DMV, follow Godsilla on twitter so we may keep in touch great King many blessings!

P.S. Why in the %^$& dont nahright posters stay on topic w/ their responses. HA!

Peace!