Video: Busta Previews “The Marching 9” Biggie Tribute

Busta Rhymes has rallied together some of the hottest & greatest 9 MC’s from NY for a Biggie tribute.

Shouts to Flipmode for sending the vid through…

UPDATE: Vid replaced with higher quality… the mp3 is coming later tonight.

124 Responses to “Video: Busta Previews “The Marching 9” Biggie Tribute”

1. A tribe called quest Says:

Whats the over/under on Rawse’s numbers

Im going 50k first week. 300 for the year

2. A tribe called quest Says:

Yo there are no links for this ishh….none of the links are accesible on Rapradar…

–They worked for me. Im using chrome

3. herbal kint Says:

* applauds the effort *, but shouldn’t they have dropped it today ?

and I know cease was biggie boy and all but really does anyone need to hear a lil cease verse ?

4. Carlos Voltron Says:

I heard Maino, Red Cafe, and Uncle Murda and I immediately turned it off. How come biggie tributes never have anyone who actually worked with Biggie on it. Method, Kim, Jay-Z, I mean seriously.

5. D_Block_4_life Says:

–They worked for me. Im using chrome
    Chrome? what? link it in here

6. Dre Says:

# D_Block_4_life Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 10:55 pm

I know this has been mentioned before if the “Purple Haze” Advance would of been the one relased in stores it might of garned classic status.
    _____________________________________________________

14-camron-shut_the_fuck_up-fua.mp3
    15-camron-to_the_top-fua.mp3
    16-camron-harlem_(feat._chinky_brown_eyes)-fua.mp3
    17-camron-drink_for_the_players_(feat._jaheim_and_jim_jones)-fua.mp3
    18-camron-sippin_sizzurp_(feat._three_six_mafia)-fua.mp3
    19-camron-certified_gangstas_(feat._jim_jones)-fua.mp3
    20-camron-fuck_where_your_from_(feat._three_six_mafia_and_the_diplomats)-fua.mp3
    21-camron-no_no_no_(feat._t.i._and_jim_jones)-fua.mp3

7. Dre Says:

D_Block_4_life i put a zshare alternate in the ross comments

8. D_Block_4_life Says:

Dre Says:
    February 18th, 2009 at 8:59 pm
    Good lookin homie, i already have it, i was just simply sayin’…

9. D_Block_4_life Says:

D_Block_4_life i put a zshare alternate in the ross comments
    Good looks again holmes

10. M.Tyson Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Whats the over/under on Rawse’s numbers

Im going 50k first week. 300 for the year
    —————————————————————————————-
    if i was rawse i would sign up for 70k but i think def jam will get rawse to 100 bills somehow

11. herbal kint Says:

Carlos Voltron Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:04 pm

…. I like both main-o and unc murder, I mean they aren’t the best but I take them for what they are worth and enjoy both their music and understand them being on it but your right when I first saw this I expected jay-z, and jada to definitely be on and meth would of been a wise choice ….

12. A tribe called quest Says:

–They worked for me. Im using chrome
    Chrome? what? link it in here

–Google chrome the browser

13. DocKev Says:

DWADE = 2009 NBA MVP !!!

14. Doug Says:

Wow…That’s the best 9 you could get from NY Bus?

Cease (only cause hes BIGS man, but hes wack) I understand, and Styles and M.O.P. too…

But wheres Hov? Joell? Skyzoo? Saigon? Jada? Nas? AZ? Talib? Mos? Chaundon? Cam’Ron? Budden? (Born in Spanish Harlem, so nigga is from NY) Mickey Factz? Monch? Ghostface? Raekwon? 50?

Disappointed me Busta…

You put Murda? Maino (I don’t know how he is getting any pub, All Of The Above is STRAIGHT GARBAGE and hes wack) M.O.P. is straight, never really felt Sheek (but he goes way back with Biggie)

You coulda turned a monster opportunity into one of the greatest songs of all time, but like all rappers, you don’t take advantage of what you have.

If I woulda picked the 9:

Busta Rhymes Featuring Jay-Z, Skyzoo, Joell Ortiz, Jadakiss, Nas, Talib Kweli, Pharoahe Monch and Ghostface
    Imagine those 9 on a track…would be monstrous.

15. herbal kint Says:

not that I give a damn about #’s but would 50,000 on def jam considered a good look now a days or an L and how big of one ?

again I don’t give a shit about the #’s but its damn nigh impossible to properly gauge what a reasonable #, but being on def jam it’s got to have higher sales expectations than most albums right ?

16. devond Says:

i love that busta is tryna put together songs for new york on sum dj klad(it) type shit and all its good if its 4 biggie 2 but in the back of my mind i feel like he’s one of the old rappers yung new york rappers talk about

17. Voltron Says:

Mos, Pharoahe, Nas, Jay, Sai, Joell Ortiz, Busta, AZ and POTD 50

Official lineup is a disgrace.

18. Danielson Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Whats the over/under on Rawse’s numbers

Im going 50k first week. 300 for the year

i say rawse will get 30,000 first week, 280,000 by the end of the year

19. D_Block_4_life Says:

I think Maino is trash but he has a hit out right now.

20. herbal kint Says:

nas and ghostface both had beef with biggie don’t forget, they probably wouldn’t be the best to put on this record

21. Danielson Says:

herbal kint Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:13 pm

i thought he went independent, something about leaving slip-n-slide?

22. Voltron Says:

So people were mocking Joey getting 20,000 before it came out.

How y’all feel about 13,000?

23. EnglandRepresent Says:

A man in Australia suffered scratched buttocks and shredded underpants wrestling with a kangaroo after it smashed through his bedroom window.

Beat Ettlin, his wife and daughter cowered beneath their blankets as it jumped on their bed.

But it then bounded into the room of the Ettlins’ young son, who screamed, and Mr Ettlin was forced to act.

Mr Ettlin struggled to get the hopping marsupial into a headlock and drag it to the front door.

Shoved outside, wounded, it disappeared into a nearby reserve outside Canberra.

Inside, the animal – which Mr Ettlin said was about his own height, 5 ft 9 in (175cm) – had gouged holes in the furniture and smeared blood over the walls as it bounced around the house.

“I just kept holding the covers over my head and felt the kangaroo jumping on top of us,” recalled Mr Ettlin’s wife, Verity Beman.

She described her husband as “a hero: a hero in Bonds undies” – referring to a brand of underwear popular in Australia.

Mr Ettlin, who is 42 and originally from Switzerland, described himself as a lucky man.

Kangaroos are common around the outskirts of Canberra, but only rarely invade homes, experts say.

24. herbal kint Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:16 pm
    I think Maino is trash but he has a hit out right now.

….. He does ??? what ? is that the t-pain joint, I still ain’t heard that and again I actually am very entertained by most of his music ….

25. Doug Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:16 pm
    I think Maino is trash but he has a hit out right now.
    —————————————————————
    Who cares if he has a hit out? Not to mention the song is terrible (WTF is wrong with rap fans these days?) But youre talking about making a tribute to one of the top 3 rappers of all time, and with so much potential from a city that you could possibly make a top ten greatest emcees ever out of alone, those are the best 9 he can come up with? Maino? Gtfo Busta, you disgrace me. I used to have mad respect, but after this, none.

26. devond Says:

lokey rick ross fan base will get him to a strong 75,000 first week hands down he just need that t-pain in his life

27. herbal kint Says:

Danielson Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:18 pm
    herbal kint Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:13 pm

i thought he went independent, something about leaving slip-n-slide?

…. shit I don’t know a thing about BAAAWWWWSSSEE so I could be wrong but I think he is still on def jam ….

28. legindary Says:

yo i appreciate what Busta is doing..but this is a disgrace. Although they are pretty good, cross off Uncle Murda and Red Cafe and you have to add Jay-Z, Nas, Talib Kweli, Method Man, Redman, AZ, Fabolous, Jadakiss. What an injustice. These guys are better than this

29. EnglandRepresent Says:

^^Nas and Big squashed it before the Great One passed.

RIP The GOAT.

30. Voltron Says:

NOOOOOO

A man in Australia suffered ‘ended up with’ scratched buttocks (pause) and shredded underpants (pause) wrestling with a kangaroo (pause) after it smashed (pause) through his bedroom window.

31. Danielson Says:

Voltron Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:18 pm
    So people were mocking Joey getting 20,000 before it came out.

How y’all feel about 13,000?

we all went through this the other day, according to esk and some others (cant remember) 13,000 is decent numbers for budden, and if anyone thought it was bad “they don’t know shit about independent record sales” lol.

personally i think 13,000 is atrocious for budden independent or not.

32. Doug Says:

herbal kint Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:18 pm
    ——————————————————-
    Back in the late 90’s….its 2009, and they know they need to pay homage to one of the best that ever did it, and wouldnt pass up that opportunity..And come on, you know Nas and Ghost bump both REady to Die and Life After Death

33. D_Block_4_life Says:

Yeah, it’s a radio/club banger, well in Ny at least.

34. D_Block_4_life Says:

Ross is definitely still on Def Jam.

35. Cali Sun Says:

BAWSE

36. Doug Says:

Shit I’d even throw Santana and almost every Original Dipset member on there (except for Jimmy) over Maino, Cafe, and Murda.

37. herbal kint Says:

Voltron Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:18 pm
    So people were mocking Joey getting 20,000 before it came out.

How y’all feel about 13,000?

… again #’s don’t concern me, it’s about quality music, but if you really expected much more than your crazy, people who listen to his music aren’t the ones who buy it, why buy something when you can have it 3 weeks earlier for free, and shit real talk I still haven’t bought it yet, I tried too twice but the 2 best buys I went to in the first week were sold out ( limited copies I guess ) so I haven’t bothered going out of my way, I will eventually cop but still I would of been surprised if he got 20,000 on amalgam, if only there were a way to count total d/l’s and burned CD’s passed to friends ….

38. sleep Says:

Ok hov we got the point. We see how wack the game is when ur not putting out music. Please hurry up and drop b3.

39. A tribe called quest Says:

RIP The GOAT.

–Cosign

The Goat Died on March 9, not sucking beyonces buttocks on March 9 (presumably)

40. herbal kint Says:

apparently that kangaroo is a budden fan cause he ain’t stop till a kangaroo see blood on the wall

yeah yeah I know corny sorry sue me

41. sleep Says:

Did flex even utter the letters co in the interview or did h kiss ross ass like he does in all his interview. We need pedro gomez to ask the real questions.

42. M.Tyson Says:

# devond Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:14 pm

===========================================
    NY emcee never get on a big songs cuz they dont wanna get Keith Murray’d on I Shot Ya or Todd Smith’d on Flava in Your Ear…so they get on the tribute songs cuz if they deliver a half-ass verse its a tribute nobody going to critize….on these bama remix most of them niggaz are garbage…bama hiphop dont really care too much about lyricsim with the expection of the usual suspects luda,3 stacks,bun b,snTIPich

43. R.J.Orion Says:

Camron – “Dead Muthafuckas” >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> _________

44. Jersey*made*me Says:

So people were mocking Joey getting 20,000 before it came out.

How y’all feel about 13,000?

Nobody knows PR #’s between Best Buys and digital sales.Niggas just throwing shit out there.

45. Voltron Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:24 pm

RIP The GOAT.

–Cosign

The Goat Died on March 9, not sucking beyonces buttocks on March 9 (presumably)

boooooooooooooooo

*throws peanuts at screen*

The GOAT was born on either December 11th 1973 or 31st October 1972.
    True stories

46. R.J.Orion Says:

“im Killa … you Andre Miller, got a basic game …”

KILLA !

47. herbal kint Says:

R.J.Orion Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:30 pm
    “im Killa … you Andre Miller, got a basic game …”

KILLA !

… cooking up preview >>>>> anything else he has dropped since his return …

48. Danielson Says:

apparently maybach music is under universal music :S

slipnslide was under def jam island.

so rawse isnt with def jam anymore is what i can gather from that, dre eskay or the other one needs to clarify.

49. Jersey*made*me Says:

Flex did his obligatory cocksucking w/deepthroat and extra spit.But funny thing is when 50’s there he takes stabs at dude.

Funk after sex>>>>Funkmaster flex

50. herbal kint Says:

Danielson Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:34 pm
    apparently maybach music is under universal music :S

slipnslide was under def jam island.

….. word I thought he was still with def jam, but again I don’t pretend to know anything about him ….

51. A tribe called quest Says:

boooooooooooooooo

*throws peanuts at screen*

The GOAT was born on either December 11th 1973 or 31st October 1972.
    True stories

–Who’s bdays do those belong too

52. Danielson Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

boooooooooooooooo

*throws peanuts at screen*

The GOAT was born on either December 11th 1973 or 31st October 1972.
    True stories

–Who’s bdays do those belong too

from what voltron writes, i bet you £100 one of them is mos def lol

53. Jersey*made*me Says:

Styles P,1973?

54. sleep Says:

Greg street said ross is still on slip n slide. He said cause he knows the boss and he wouldn’t let him out of his contract that easy its just that u may not see the name on his CD. So ross is sns/maybach music/def jam/ universal that don’t seen like a baawwssseee to me.

55. herbal kint Says:

Danielson Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:38 pm
    A tribe called quest Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

boooooooooooooooo

*throws peanuts at screen*

The GOAT was born on either December 11th 1973 or 31st October 1972.
    True stories

–Who’s bdays do those belong too

from what voltron writes, i bet you £100 one of them is mos def lol

…. and the other is pharoe monch ….

56. A tribe called quest Says:

i googled pharaoh monch before i replied but it didnt say his bday

57. R.J.Orion Says:

Cam’ron is GOAT … dont get it twisted …

58. Danielson Says:

maybe. but i dont take what anyone says on here too seriously, anyone can know the boss of a record label when they are anonymous.

59. herbal kint Says:

sleep Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

LMAO

60. R.J.Orion Says:

‘My Aurra’ > “Reasonable Doubt”

61. Danielson Says:

R.J.Orion Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:41 pm
    Cam’ron is GOAT … dont get it twisted …

one of my favourite rappers, but i wouldnt class him as GOAT.

he was good friends with a GOAT though.

62. sleep Says:

The fact that angie cancelled her interview with ross because he didn’t want to talk bout his co past. Proves angie got more balls than flex. Who the fuck is ross pr team cause they suck. If he admitted to co shit right away by time his album came out people wouldn’t talk bout it cause its old news. But he keeps denying everybody will ask so they could say he revealed he was a co on their show.

63. Voltron Says:

# herbal kint Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Danielson Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:38 pm
    A tribe called quest Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

boooooooooooooooo

*throws peanuts at screen*

The GOAT was born on either December 11th 1973 or 31st October 1972.
    True stories

–Who’s bdays do those belong too

from what voltron writes, i bet you £100 one of them is mos def lol

…. and the other is pharoe monch ….

you got it.

64. sleep Says:

I will but rick ross album if he has a bounce song using munkey. Like juvenile ha but munkey instead.

65. herbal kint Says:

R.J.Orion Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:41 pm
    Cam’ron is GOAT … dont get it twisted …

* gets it twisted * nhjic

66. herbal kint Says:

* daps voltron *

but I hope you googled their born days and did not know it by heart

67. sleep Says:

* edit*

Buy

68. Danielson Says:

*opens new window and goes to watch Eastenders on BBC iPlayer*

69. D_Block_4_life Says:

Good god are the Blazers putting a hurtin’ on the Lakes (no).

70. Voltron Says:

@ herb – i knew Mos’ from track 3 BOBS and i knew Pharoahe was born on Halloween but not the year

@ Danielson – you can’t be serious?!?!?

71. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:

March 9th, 2009 at 10:54 pm
    ======================================
    A mixture of some of the official tracks & some of the advance tracks would’ve been dope. I dunno bout classic but definitely better then the retail version. Same with Killa Season.

72. sleep Says:

Stop with the cam is a goat shit.a goat would never make a song called cookies and apple juice. Jay_z worst song is better than that.

73. D_Block_4_life Says:

Well maybe hood classic or Cam’ron classic. I thought Killa Season was just fine the way it was released.

Killa Season >>

74. Voltron Says:

Yo, what do u guys think of my album cover?

twitpic.com/1ywbe

75. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

======================================
    What does the name of the song have to do with the price of Kush in Cambodia?

If the songs hot, it’s hot.

76. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

Killa Season >>
    ==============================
    You heard the OG Do Your Thing?

77. jdot Says:

Out of all the MC’s you coulda got to rep Biggie. You came out with them? I seriously, no joke, predicted that at least Red Cafe, Maino, and Uncle Murda would be on here. I prayed (so did chris wallace) that I was wrong..

Really Trev?! No Methodman at least..

78. Danielson Says:

@ Danielson – you can’t be serious?!?!?

lol yes i am, tbh its out of boredom, killzone 2 is deadout now, nothing on at 4am in the morning and im on the laptop anyway, gonna watch ‘in bruges’ after then hit the gym before my lectures.

79. Xenophon Says:

RIP B.I.G.

80. D_Block_4_life Says:

You heard the OG Do Your Thing?
    Yeah it was better but i mean i still loved the LP.

81. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

There were songs that could have easily been replaced. I.B.S. comes to mind.

82. sleep Says:

Camron= mediocore rapper with great marketing skills.

83. D_Block_4_life Says:

There were songs that could have easily been replaced. I.B.S. comes to mind.
    I hear you but songs like IBS are what balanced the album out.

84. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

Mediocre when compared to who?

85. herbal kint Says:

Voltron Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:55 pm

OK understandable, the only rappers birth they I know is jay-z but thats cause he named a track after it so no flag thrown on the play

86. sleep Says:

S.carter mixtape»»»camrun best album

87. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:

March 10th, 2009 at 12:01 am
    There were songs that could have easily been replaced. I.B.S. comes to mind.
    I hear you but songs like IBS are what balanced the album out
    ==========================================
    I know, but there were still a couple of songs I would’ve liked to have made it (Dead Muthafuckas, Shut The Fuck Up). The 40 Cal intro wasn’t that impressive, etc. Still an underrated album.

88. PHOENIXXX Says:

this is why Busta is loser

and must we get 5 new Biggie tribute songs every year?

89. Voltron Says:

# Voltron Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Yo, what do u guys think of my album cover?

twitpic.com/1ywbe

LOOK!

I’m about to go in on this food and watch Gran Torino

90. D_Block_4_life Says:

Possibly but those songs were too old to throw on the album and yeah 40 cal on the hook was a no no, but i forget i have the intro version with no 40, just the “killllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” intro…so you have a few points.

91. D_Block_4_life Says:

Edit: 40 cal on the intro**

92. D_Block_4_life Says:

Amph

You want the no 40 intro version?

93. Sean Coonery Says:

Fabolous > Cam’ron

Lloyd Banks > Cam’ron

94. Danielson Says:

@voltron

decent cover, did u do it? reminds me of another cover but cnt remember.

95. Sean Coonery Says:

Myammee…from ILOVEMONEY2 is fucking hot…

and natural….

96. D_Block_4_life Says:

Britannya >>>

97. D. Says:

>>“My initial thought when I was half awake was, ‘it’s a lunatic ninja coming through the window’,” he said.

woooooooooow (c) NORE

98. Doug Says:

IBS was the best song on Killa Season…yall niggas is dumb.

99. D_Block_4_life Says:

IBS was the best song on Killa Season
    Crazy talk.

100. Charles Oakley Says:

De La Soul – Rock Co. Kane Flow (instrumental) prod. by Jake One
    zshare.net/audio/568025900a7bc0e8/

101. ant Says:

Britannya >>>

emphatic co-sign

102. D_Block_4_life Says:

Yo Amph if you want that let me know tomorrow im out

103. sleep Says:

Britney»»britannya

104. Doug Says:

D_Block_4_life Says:
    March 10th, 2009 at 12:17 am
    IBS was the best song on Killa Season
    Crazy talk.
    —————————————————————-
    You can’t front that it was the realest song, you know IBS is actually a disease?

105. wavy is a cliche Says:

ibs was crazy but that intro minus the 40 cal part was definetly the best song on that album.

“who buy out the bar tho, who far from a star but they car is gallardo”

106. Voltron Says:

@ D – nah i got the guy that done the famous ?uestlove pic to do it.

107. Doug Says:

@ wavy–
    but 40 cal is in it…anyone got that advance of killa season?

108. samsohn Says:

Best song on Killa Season

Love My Life > IBS > Do Yah Thing (even though it was a shitty remix) > Rest of album

109. Doug Says:

@samsohn

Yeah Do Ya Thing Remix was terrible…I liked the beat, but he shoulda made a new track to it, the original of Do Ya Thing had me goin ape shit, shit was so dope.

110. wavy is a cliche Says:

but 40 cal is in it…anyone got that advance of killa season?

>still
    it really is like 2 differnt tracks tho the beat aint even the same. killa tryna force feed us that 40 verse (ll)

111. samsohn Says:

killa got the crazy buzz rite now!! :)

112. D. Says:

lf: gimme da loot is biggie’s best song

113. Doug Says:

Gotta Love it was straight–minus the god awful Max B chorus–but you got to respect Cam for always puttin on for his fam no matter what the fans thought.

114. Doug Says:

@D: trippin–Biggie had so many amazing songs imo between Warning, ready to die, skys the limit & i love the dough

115. dorian gray Says:

Cookies and some apple JUICE!!!

116. D. Says:

ill story, it was like two people telling it. don’t think another song can really compare…

“ooooh biggie let me jack her, kick her in the back, hit her with the mack…”

“chill shorty, let me do that…”

117. wavy is a cliche Says:

blasphemy
    max can do no wrong on a track

118. AmpGeez a.k.a. Fuck Yo' Thoughts Says:

wavy is a cliche Says:

March 10th, 2009 at 12:59 am

blasphemy
    max can do no wrong on a track
    ==========================
    LOL!

119. EnglandRepresent Says:

“ooooh biggie let me jack her, kick her in the back, hit her with the mack…”

“chill shorty, let me do that…”

^^”Just get the fuckin car keys and cruise up the block, the bitch ackin shocked gettin shot on the spot”

“Oh shit the cops!”

“Be cool fool they ain’t gonna roll up all they want is fuckin donuts”

Biggie is the GOAT. Hip-hop lost most its swag about this time 12 years ago. True story innit.

120. D. Says:

*daps EngRep*

yo, where did u read that story about the kangaroo? that ninja line is classic…

121. anons Says:

i want melyssa ford to have my babies

122. Pudo Says:

If ya’ll want to watch the wrestler, hit the link

123. EnglandRepresent Says:

Whats the chat D.? True enough that whole article is classic.

It was on bbc.co.uk