The Roots kicked off their 14 date residency at the Highline Ballroom last night and were joined onstage by Kweli (above), Dice Raw, Pharoahe Monch and John Forte (after the jump).

Thanks to OGHiphop for the footage and rundown.

73 Responses to “Video: The Roots ft. Talib Kweli, John Forte, Dice Raw & Pharoahe Monch – Live @ Highline Ballroom”

1. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Applaud Fuckin broads after happy hour before they go home to they husbands.

2. Beezy Says:

*applauds*

3. Beezy Says:

*standing ovation*

(No Young Jeezy)

4. D_Block_4_Life Says:

^right, thats why I said thought to self. Theres nothing gay about it D_Block. Mad niggas call out cats that they consider ugly, so its only right.
    I mean hey if you find other men attractive then that’s your prerogative, by all means. Who am i to interfere with bromantic sentiments.

5. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Ya’ll niggas Click those Ads (Pause)
    [q: Nation]

Depending on how you look, you’d be surprised how many niggas got a man-crush on you. Real talk.

Ever wonder why that one nigga at Mickey D’s don’t know you from a loaf of bread but always puttin’ madd fries in your bag? Think about it.

7. that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:

mad niggas I know have man crushes on me and they aint gay as far as I know

8. Carlos Voltron Says:

This is the last time they’re performing before they’re out for good right?

*hollas at ticketmaster*

Dice Raw > everybody else on that stage

10. D_Block_4_Life Says:

DEAD

11. Beezy Says:

^This one dude I used to work with was a real hippy…had long hair, dressed in tye-die and shit outside of work. Never shaved. Dude was a mess.

So slowly he meets this girl who cleans him up…cut hair, better dressing etc etc.

I asked him if he noticed alot more girls checking him out.

He said suprisingly that he noticed alot more dudes eyeballing him.

12. Bananas the Ape Says:

>>man crushes and talking about being attracted to men……

^^^i39.tinypic.com/2uh3hnd.jpg

13. Co!!inB: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

let my name rock for fux sake

14. Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

^^No. no one’s putting their fries in my bag…

But serious, what u are talking about here is the early blossomings of bromaticism. brore-play, even.

15. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:00 pm
    mad niggas I know have man crushes on me and they aint gay as far as I know

and when u see them niggas, smack the Shit outa them niggas. dont say or ask shit.

16. Big_Seth Says:

# Beezy Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

I asked him if he noticed alot more girls checking him out.

He said suprisingly that he noticed alot more dudes eyeballing him.

AYO because obviously you were one of the dudes who noticed. lol

17. Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm
    Dice Raw > everybody else on that stage

^^ you’ve proved your man-crush theory… just stop already.

# Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

^^No. no one’s putting their fries in my bag…

^Holy Shit. (c) b-ease

^nah nah nah, you getting it wrong, its like a split second thought, then you keep it moving. The way you say it makes it seem like you think about the ninja over supper

20. Big_Seth Says:

Puss Raw > Dice raw

21. Co!!inB: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

I remember when I was working for Bank of America this nigga told me he “loved my swag”…..i literally didn’t know if I shoulda socked the nigga in his mouth or said thank you.

# Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm
    Dice Raw > everybody else on that stage

^^ you’ve proved your man-crush theory… just stop already.

^LOL. As an all-around MC, technical wise, all the verses I’ve heard from him have been dope. I’m not takin’ anything away from Talib and ’em.

23. Beezy Says:

Im sayin….if you ever in your life cut up on a nigga for being ugly…your implicitly admitting that you can decipher between ugly and handsom men…and ergo find men handsome.

24. that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:

convo goes like this

my girl “Why does ______ always want you to go out with him, he has friends but always wants you around, he has a crush on you, he lights up when youre around and he laughs at all your jokes, he even started dressing like you”

I say “Wtf thats my nigga right there, chill, You know i am a cool dude and people just like me to be around”

she says “Well he likes you to be around a little too much”

I say “Are you saying my nigga is gay”

she says “No but he has problems”

# cOLD Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:05 pm

^I’ll never forget when a comedian (Deon Cole) said [paraphrasing] that men compliment other mens’ looks by sayin’ shit like, “he look like he get a lot of bitches.”

Madd truth in that statement.

26. Carlos Voltron Says:

And man-crushes are gay. Its one thing to respect another man’s work ethic, talent, etc. or even to emulate it. But to be obsessed with them? SMH.

27. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

…Sweet ass niggas, u the typea nigga, see 2 dudes sitting on a 3person bench & YOU wanna sit in the 3rd spot, BITCH IT AINT NO ROOM!

# that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

convo goes like this

she says “Well he likes you to be around a little too much”

I say “Are you saying my nigga is gay”

she says “No but he has problems”

^ *dies screaming*

And the ill part is that she’s probably right.

29. Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:06 pm
    # Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:01 pm
    Dice Raw > everybody else on that stage

^^ you’ve proved your man-crush theory… just stop already.

^LOL. As an all-around MC, technical wise, all the verses I’ve heard from him have been dope. I’m not takin’ anything away from Talib and ‘em.

^^twas a joke. Dice has had his ups and downs, but he is an important part of the Roots.

I think dudes who watch a lot of sports have the most man-crushes.

31. Bananas the Ape Says:

>>>man crushes and talking about being attracted to men……

^^^i39.tinypic.com/2uh3hnd.jpg

32. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

and not for nothing… BITCH, im not goin WAY to brookin from jersey to go the fuck out, if u not tryin to fuck, Fuck You… Dont Call me bitch.

33. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Listen Cold, if you think certain guys are cute, that’s cool man, to each his own.

34. that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:

my homie fabe dogg “that dude look like he gets alot of pussy”

I say ‘Youre a fucking faggot’

he says “Look at him and tell me he dont get pussy”

*dies*

# SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:08 pm

^LMAO! Yo, Cease had a skit on his album similar to that. I was in tears.

“To that that third nigga in the coupe… let them niggas shine… you gonna get your turn…”

36. Beezy Says:

me thinks DB4L doth protest too much.

^is all i’m saying…

I know its taboo

38. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

i been shootin my shit @ this whore, she on some shit, “maybe we should go out afew times, u know date”… i just told her ass, i’ll be outaTown this weekend, im gonna Brush this bitch off EVERYTIME till she says “come over” to fuck.

Bitch i aint playin.

39. Trap Scrapper aka R.Watson aka Nanyanen Says:

That’s my cue…

>>I think dudes who watch a lot of sports have the most man-crushes.

shots fired at a couple of cats in here.

41. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:11 pm
    # SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:08 pm

^LMAO! Yo, Cease had a skit on his album similar to that. I was in tears.

KNAWMEAN!

42. D_Block_4_Life Says:

me thinks DB4L doth protest too much.
    LOL, how am i protesting when i’m saying, it’s cool if someone feels that way..

43. Bananas the Ape Says:

eskay Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:12 pm
    >>I think dudes who watch a lot of sports have the most man-crushes.

shots fired at a couple of cats in here.
    _______________

…..yup, I ain’t saying no names

shots fired at a couple of cats in here.

^word lol.

45. that Nigga Gaylord from West 145th st Says:

niggas talking about my Charles Oakley

46. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# D. Billz Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

I think dudes who watch a lot of sports have the most man-crushes.

I think its more on the lines of dudes who would sit there and argue why their home team’s best player is God’s gift to earth and knows dudes stats off top

LOL, how am i protesting when i’m saying, it’s cool if someone feels that way..

^its all good D_Block, I’m breaking the barrier at nah, honesty sincerity will bring about a new utopia. We gone push this shit.

48. Plug Says:

FULL DISCLAIMER FOR THE NEXT STATEMENT:

I kinda wanna see that move under cover. Its a movie about them cats that be on the downlow but they be married. The chicks here say cats would be surprised how many dudes is chocolate tunnel drivers. they say the movie breaks down all the types of roody poos and how they shoot game. Like if a guy (a complete stranger )comes up and says “you have some dust in your eye” he sayin he wants to smash or if a dude (a complete stranger) compliments your hair cut or eyebraws.

SEE THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER

49. Beezy Says:

^Niggas was spraying into the crowd before…Hu$tle just put his beam on and got it locked on a nigga LOL

# Bill Hu$tle Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

# D. Billz Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:09 pm

I think dudes who watch a lot of sports have the most man-crushes.

^Very bromantic.

56. Plug Says:

NHJIC

57. Plug Says:

NHJIC

# Beezy Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm

^LMAO. I’m sayin! I threw the grenade, but that nigga mounted his gun on the tripod in the bushels and turned the beam on.

59. SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:

Plug Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm
    FULL DISCLAIMER FOR THE NEXT STATEMENT:

i’d stomp that niggas chest. Pussy My BailMoney Reserve is Good.

60. Big_Seth Says:

I try not to diss the looks of men because I could care less how they look, but if a nigga is a monstrosity & scares me I will call it. Like Flav is a scary lookin dude. Maybe some bitches like that, but I would not stay in a room with him. He might try to eat my flesh.

^seen that, the shits shocking. its called “Cover” though. These three niggas made a pact since college days, they’ll be booty buddies even after getting wifed up and having kids. Shits disgusting… But the ill shit is, if you didnt have any prior knowledge of the flick, midway the shit’ll make pick your mouf off the floor. (pause)

62. Bananas the Ape Says:

SNORT_SNORTCRAZY88SINCE88 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:08 pm

_____________

ROFL..I’m done

63. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# Beezy Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm

^LOL no shots, no shots. I’m not even on here like that to actually deliberately snipe a dude (nhjic)

# Plug Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm

FULL DISCLAIMER FOR THE NEXT STATEMENT:

SEE THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER

^No disclaimer needed. Niggas on “the low” are known carriers of the monster and are passin’ it to our women. This topic has been discussed before in various forums and it’s finally coming to the forefront.

Niggas who are uncomfortable about it are probably the ones that be on that shit. No shots at you, Plug.

^thats allowed, saying a nigga looks scary is different than saying a niggas ugly.

66. b-ease Says:

*comes back in from lunch*

*reads comments*

*has no idea where the fuck he is*

*dies in transit from the Outer Limits*

67. D_Block_4_Life Says:

Nate Robinson has had 30 plus in the last 5 games.

Nate Robinson > Western Civilization

68. Big_Seth Says:

# cOLD Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

lol

69. Bananas the Ape Says:

Being strong faced > yellow and pretty

believe it or not bitches prefer strong brute faced niggas LOL….

70. Bill Hu$tle Says:

# Plug Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 2:16 pm

FULL DISCLAIMER FOR THE NEXT STATEMENT:

^ I never knew about this DL shit until i came to DC for school. But that shit is soo outta pocket. The thought of a dude or dudes u go to the club with actually might be tryin to put rophies in ur drink! The shits disgusting (c) Cam’ron

71. Co!!inB: Magic City's Towel Boy Says:

my work wife is mad I didn’t bring her back any biscuits and gravy.

72. Omar Says:

Woooooo! Damn, I wish I were there!

73. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: John Forte - Running Up That Hill (Remix) Says:

[…] Previously: The Roots ft. Talib Kweli, John Forte, Dice Raw & Pharoahe Monch – Live @ Highline Ballroom […]