Video: Aceyalone ft. Bionik – The Way It Was

Off Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones, in stores March 31.

45 Responses to “Video: Aceyalone ft. Bionik – The Way It Was”

1. herbal kint Says:

Smear Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:13 am
    Come to think of it, I got a weird history with girls spit…. when I was 14 off my head on acid at a mates party, I ended up down at the beach copping head (freaky shit, dunno if I recommend it especially when its your first) from this hot girl (she was a bit older and possibly outta my league at the time) I’d been messin with and when she finished, she spat….. anyways all good, back at the party an hour or so later, I’m chattin away to my boys (no doubt pleased with myself) when I notice the girl has got a wig wad of my seed stuck to the fine leather jacket she’d borrowed from her friend for the night….girl was on a beach and somehow managed to hit the leather with jiz..smh. Needless to say shit was hysterical to me and my best mate, even more so on acid…. I just couldn’t get the heart to break it to the poor girl ( I mean, I suppose it taught her to swallow in the future, regardless of surroundings, she sure never spat me up ever again?)

* daps for the story and for reveling in the wonders that is LCD, eskay is the only other one on this sit I have ever seen mention taking it L is my shit, especially since I can’t smoke I need to expand my mind and get spun somehow ….

2. Danielson Says:

farsideoff Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 am
    Danielson Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:09 am
    does anyone else hate the fact dj khaled says nigga.

sue him for racism or some shit lol.

_ _ _ _ _
    let’s start a petition.

are you being sarcastic?

that would be ironic considering i rmember you being the white dude complaining about how black people talk to eachother etc etc.

if so, stfu.

3. herbal kint Says:

yeah me 2 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:14 am
    Ty padded room sucked…minus I couldn’t help it and pray for me

* respectfully disagrees, pray for me is the best song on the album but now i lay gets the most play, I’m still listening to it constantly *

4. herbal kint Says:

yeah me 2 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 am
    But I will Joe Budden tribute to Stack Bundles might of been the best tribute i ever heard…real talk

…. co-sign and that stack acapella was crazy and that shit is what makde people say he could of been top 5 material ( I said they were getting their mr. fantastic on but if he had a majority of verses like that he might of been that shit is is beyond ill …..

5. farsideoff Says:

Danielson Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:19 am
    farsideoff Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:16 am
    Danielson Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:09 am
    does anyone else hate the fact dj khaled says nigga.

sue him for racism or some shit lol.

_ _ _ _ _
    let’s start a petition.

are you being sarcastic?

if so, stfu.
    _ _ _ _
    why does my race or past posts have anything to do with the question I asked?

It’s because I’m right, and you don’t want to admit it, so you bring in shit that is unrelated.

6. yeah me 2 Says:

It’s sad anotha black man, takin by a black hand
    Wish ya last night in the club, we coulda saved ya last dance…God damm

7. herbal kint Says:

farsideoff Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:17 am
    how can you guys have this double standard, i mean if you hit (no CB) two girls in one day, that’d be a good fucking day, right?

… I mentioned this, this morning too, the double standard needs to be put to rest cause I have definitely smashed 2 girls in one day and was beyond excited about my self ….

8. anons Says:

Khaled is Palestinian…if they aint niggaz right now I dont know who is

9. herbal kint Says:

yeah me 2 Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:23 am
    It’s sad anotha black man, takin by a black hand
    Wish ya last night in the club, we coulda saved ya last dance…God dam

…. it feels so much more real and heartfelt than most tributes, you can tell him and stacks were like brothers with the emotion on that track ….

10. farsideoff Says:

herbal kint Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:24 am
    farsideoff Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:17 am

_ _ _ _
    and what also must be realized is that a guy who double smashes in 24 will be viewed by most girls as undesirable in the same way we are talking about Budden taking a loss for his girl’s actions.

11. herbal kint Says:

* just won $ 500 on Carmelo *

holla

>>LCD

liquid crystal display? you can’t ingest that shit Ty it’ll kill you.

13. Danielson Says:

why does my race or past posts have anything to do with the question I asked?

no i never bring race into it unintentionally.

you replied sacrastically, ‘lets start a petition’.

now i find that ironic, considering the fact you are white, obviosuly another non black person saying the word nigga all the time isnt going to concern you as you proved with your sarcastic repsonse.

therefore it was unjustified to reply the way you did, the little back story was just to confirm you were the white dude i had a discussion with before.

iand just for the record, it is wrong what khaled does ESPECIALLY since busta was made to apologise to the arab community (which khaled fall into) about the song arab money, which ironically is actually glorifying the fact that arab sheiks and whatnot have a lot of money when they are rich, most of the time its billions.

like i said, stfu.

14. yeah me 2 Says:

Yea I thought Stack was real fucking nice….Top 5 na def. not but the boy had some bars

15. herbal kint Says:

farsideoff Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 am
    herbal kint Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:24 am
    farsideoff Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:17 am

_ _ _ _

…. I know for a fact I have been dick # 1 of the day and she had dick # 2 later with her boyfriend and wouldn’t be surprised if I was dick # 2 once or twice looking back on hindsight, if I thought I was before I did I wouldn’t of gone through with it but it’s realistic that it has happened at least once ….

16. Rockabye Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=joHCfll2AGI

Hov used to spit like this. Damn.

(It’s the Hovi’s Home free.)

17. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 am
    >>LCD

liquid crystal display? you can’t ingest that shit Ty it’ll kill you.

LMAO, sorry another typo I’m kind of crunked I meant LSD of course

acid is the shit, but it fries your brain. I can’t take that shit anymore in my old age. i highly recommend it to anybody under 25 though.

19. yeah me 2 Says:

co-sign

Like I knew him and budden was cool people but that shit made me realize that them niggas was more than just rapppers that are cool (no funny shit). Budden seems like a real good nigga when it comes 2 his nigga (again No)

20. Danielson Says:

Rockabye Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:30 am
    youtube.com/watch?v=joHCfll2AGI

that freestyle was re-done for the Lost+ by coldplay too.

21. A tribe called quest Says:

Shrooms >

LCD will have you ripping off your chest hair, i’ve seen it done.

22. Rockabye Says:

that freestyle was re-done for the Lost+ by coldplay too.

And not even the best verse from it.

23. herbal kint Says:

eskay Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:32 am

…. I used to feel that way i was like I can’t handle it anymore but my boy convinced me to partake again a couple years ago and I realized as long as it’s not done too much it’s extremely theraputic and helps you get a proper perspective on things in life …

24. yeah me 2 Says:

Speaking of my nigga Stack…peep this shit…that nigga had bars

25. anons Says:

CLASSIC Aceyalone..

youtube.com/watch?v=zzf0Hxx66uw

I remember get blunted to this back in the day

26. yeah me 2 Says:

Take me outta moderation nigga…post my links you old frail nigga

27. anons Says:

mushrooms > acid

28. farsideoff Says:

why does my race or past posts have anything to do with the question I asked?

no i never bring race into it unintentionally.

you replied sacrastically, ‘lets start a petition’.

like i said, stfu.

_ _ _ _ _
    ok,

for one,

I was not sarcastic, I realize now that it sounded that way, I’m sorry.
    I dislike DJ Khaled more than any other persona in hip-hop, I view him as one of the least intelligent, most ignorant and lease contributing famous people associated with hip-hop. I would love if he just disappeared. His use of that word is one of the main reasons I dislike him so much. I typed comment because I thought it would be hilarious if over a million people signed a document asking Khaled to refrain from using the N-word (yes, I’m white, I know, ok). And that petition was then presented to him, and in the day and age of the internet, odder things have happened. I mean, the internet practically got Stephen Colbert to try and run in a presidential primary.

I believe Arab Money was controversial because the chorus was faux-Arabic, and Busta was saying A-RAB, which is similar to saying Engine for Indian.

So, I will not shut up, I’m sorry, now that I’ve clarified myself hopefully you will see me as less of a white ignorant bigot.

29. yeah me 2 Says:

Speaking of my nigga Stack…peep this shit…that nigga had bars

youtube.com/watch?v=HAmz3V7NL4E

30. A tribe called quest Says:

Pray for me is fucking genius. How many rappers you know did a song going back n forth with god. smh

31. herbal kint Says:

A tribe called quest Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:36 am
    Shrooms >

LCD will have you ripping off your chest hair, i’ve seen it done.

…. you definitely have to be properly wired right to be able to handle L, it can be too much for people, shrooms are good when you don’t want to devote an entire day of your life to it but IMO L is so much better, the cleansing experience and visuals are so much better …

32. Danielson Says:

Rockabye Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:36 am
    that freestyle was re-done for the Lost+ by coldplay too.

And not even the best verse from it.

yeah. the third verse was dope.

>>Take me outta moderation nigga…post my links you old frail nigga

fucking rot in moderation bitch

34. herbal kint Says:

also you MUST get good clean L that doesn’t have a bunch of other shit in it because thats what will really fuck your shit up, I only fuck with really clean shit

35. A tribe called quest Says:

Take me outta moderation nigga…post my links you old frail nigga

–LOL, no links allowed goes for all of us

roffle@ frail tho

36. Smear Says:

eskay Says:

March 6th, 2009 at 12:26 am
    >>LCD

liquid crystal display? you can’t ingest that shit Ty it’ll kill you
    ^^LOL
    or maybe he’s onto something we don’t know about eskay

37. farsideoff Says:

anons Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:39 am
    mushrooms > acid

_ _ _ _
    co-sign,
    if not for the fact that shit comes unaltered out of the ground and fucks with your perception of reality so severely. If I didn’t have responsibilities, I may just want to live in a psychedelic state all the time.

38. Danielson Says:

ok,

for one,

I was not sarcastic, I realize now that it sounded that way, I’m sorry.

if you werent being sarcastic then i apologise for ranting at you, glad we came to an understanding (none).

39. Johnathan Osterman Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 6th, 2009 at 12:39 am

A couple.

SMH @ you asking that like it was rhetorical. LOL

40. Judo Says:

smh that only one of these comments have to do with the video… and now 2. Fresh video go cop Acey’s album when it comes out… Heard it already and its fire..

41. anons Says:

I’ll say it again so y’all can stop sword fighting (n)…

Khaled is Palestinian…if they aint niggaz right now I dont know who is

42. Rockabye Says:

Did Ty drop another CH thesis to rebut my Green Hill Zone thing?

Khaled is Palestinian…if they aint niggaz right now I dont know who is

Joell’s Rican and he says it. Kosher?

43. spirit equality Says:

aceyalone is one hell of a rapper. damn shame this got this many comments and no one responded to the actual video in the post. the music on this one was rocking.

44. spirit equality Says:

I’ll say it again so y’all can stop sword fighting (n)…

Khaled is Palestinian…if they aint niggaz right now I dont know who is

^ ^ khaled can use his own in-group ethnic slur if he wants, but the n-word is for black folk only. sorry charlie.

as for the PR exception, i hear a lot of new yorkers co-signing that, but i say if you don’t have an older relative with a lenching story, you need to stick to your own slurs.

45. thescoop Says: