Nas ft. Marsha Ambrosius – If I Ruled The World ’09 (Smirnoff Signature Mix)

nas-marsha

So here’s the story: Remember last year when Smirnoff commissioned a bunch of rappers to do special remixes of their respective classics as part of the Smirnoff Signature Mix campaign? Well they’re doing it again this year, and this is the first leak. The other two remixes will see Buckshot and Kardinal Offishall connecting for “I Got Cha Opin ’09” and Nice & Smooth and Pac Div comign together for “Funky For You ’09”.

Nas ft. Marsha Ambrosius – If I Ruled The World (Smirnoff Signature Mix)

Last night Smirnoff threw a little shindig in New York to introduce the new tracks. The homie Mikey Fresh was in the building and he spoke with Marsha, Buck & Kardi, Nice & Smooth and Pac Div. I included the Marsha clip after the jump.

Go here to check out the other clips, otherwise I’ll probably include them when the other tracks leak.

Official site: www.SmirnoffSignatureMixSeries.com

115 Responses to “Nas ft. Marsha Ambrosius – If I Ruled The World ’09 (Smirnoff Signature Mix)”

1. Dolemite Says:

in terms of cultural impact: Big >

^^^which of these albums had a bigger impact on the game? Illmatic,Rd, Ready to die?

2. Dolemite Says:

shorty looks mad different now

illmatic but it was all down hill from there.

4. Dolemite Says:

I use to stay bumping it was written. Too me It was written > Illmatic

5. kevfresco Says:

nigga, marsha will get it. seriously. thas just my speed.

6. Beezy Says:

Smirnoff Remix? Sell out.

7. Beezy Says:

idk how people can say Jay is “better”…he just has a larger body of work.

Same studio…same beat…16 each…BIG kicks Jays face in lyrically.

Big L assaulted Jay-Z on their little freestyle diddy…friendly of course…but assaulted.

8. Cali Sun Says:

Wow, that’s not the Marsha I remember…

9. anons Says:

ready 2 die was betta cause it was pure emotion…not contrived

*marks point on the white board*

thats what i’m saying….Biggie had a very clear, refined sound from the very beginning, it had no predecessors, and that’s what makes him a legend and better than Jay in my eyes

10. Dolemite Says:

illmatic but it was all down hill from there.

^^You bugging it was writ, i am,stillmatic,lost tapes,and SD are all dope albums.

>>Smirnoff Remix? Sell out.

says the broke guy.

12. Dolemite Says:

Same studio…same beat…16 each…BIG kicks Jays face in lyrically.

^^Brooklyn finest was a tie. Jay’s verse on I love the doe > Big’s

13. Danielson Says:

in terms of straight spit: Pun > Big L > Big > Jay

*fixed*

sorry but pun and l were mental Mcs, i agree biggie could write better songs, hence the commercial success.

nah, IWW was dope. but after that, all down hill.

15. E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA Says:

the chronic

16. anons Says:

illmatic but it was all down hill from there.

now you’re making sense…how the fuck did that happen anyway?

it’s like Nas became the Tinman after Illmatic…

17. Beezy Says:

>>Smirnoff Remix? Sell out.

says the broke guy.

^LOL…If im broke then niggas out here is DESTITUTE.

18. Dolemite Says:

the chronic

^^^im bugging i forgot about that joint.

19. OWWW Says:

NAS > B.I.G
    NAS > JAY
    ..Nas said biggie was the best and jay said dat too
    What About Biggie ? Biggie was impressed by RA the Rugged Man, so
    RA TRM IS THE GOAT tho
    AIGHT!

20. Beezy Says:

21. kevfresco Says:

damn. marsha if ya watching….

‘you give me butterfliiiiiiies, insiiiiide, insiiiiiiide.’

word. fuka ayo.

22. Danielson Says:

word.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYfKMIdoJL0 – mental.

and this is why big L > big and jay-z

23. A tribe called quest Says:

Nas never fell off lyrically but his beat selection, content, and energy on songs have been atrocious since the 90s.

# sleep Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Does this guys eskay have kids?

^ nation f. eskay. please say the eskay.

>>If im broke then niggas out here is DESTITUTE.

nah, but leave Gnoz alone, you know he ain’t selling no records.

26. A tribe called quest Says:

*Listens to the original to forget this jawn ever existed*

27. Beezy Says:

I’lll put up Big L against anyone.

28. kevfresco Says:

co-sign. neva eva. r.i.p. mr. wallace.

29. Danielson Says:

RA the Rugged Man

didnt this man get kicked off a label for trying to come on to aaliyah or something.nut case lol.

The God MC (Rakim, not “him”) did a Hennessy ad/billboard. Very classy. I didn’t see a problem with it. The average rapper is probably a social drinker at LEAST. As long as they’re not marketing it towards kids then I don’t see the issue.

>>BIG never wouldve made an album like Nastradamus…or Kingdom Come or American Gangster for that matter.

gimme a break. you don’t know what Big woulda done. he coulda fell off after his 3rd album. smh @ niggas writing their own closing chapters for dead rappers.

32. OWWW Says:

Stack Bundles >

33. OWWW Says:

Too $hort >

34. Danielson Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

March 4th, 2009 at 6:57 pm

nas is like is still one of my favourite songs ever in terms of the beat.lyrically its not too shabby either.

35. Beezy Says:

>>If im broke then niggas out here is DESTITUTE.

nah, but leave Gnoz alone, you know he ain’t selling no records.

^LOL…my main prob is the track he chose…if your gonna do that dont use a classic. I mean Smirnoff prob paid more for a popular track, but do this shit over something else.

36. kevfresco Says:

nation f. eskay. please say the eskay.

HA HAA! (c) jeezy

37. Cali Sun Says:

Beezy Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 6:57 pm
    ===========================
    You’re gonna speak for someone who died 12 years ago?

What part of the game is that?

No shots

why is this kid sleep asking about my offspring. like he don’t know he has brothers and sisters.

39. anons Says:

Tinman.

I don’t know, niggaz do crazy things when Puffy’s in they ear (no EC)

40. OWWW Says:

SCARFACE >>>

41. Danielson Says:

eskay Says:

March 4th, 2009 at 7:01 pm

wow.

fatality.you win!

42. Dolemite Says:

LF: listening to black on both sides >

43. A tribe called quest Says:

–Few years ago i saw this DIARY shit on mtv on nas, they showed footage of nas talking to budweiser trying to get him to endorse their product and make commercials. Nas was smart enough to know that kids look at what he does and emulate it. Ever since that i looked at rappers funny when they did such commercials (c) Jay and his show me what you got Bud commercial

44. Beezy Says:

Damn…the consensus is that BIG couldve made a shitty album?

I guess I let my stannery blind me LOL.

>>if your gonna do that dont use a classic

I think the whole point was to do a classic. KRS redid Criminal Minded for god’s sake. this shit isn’t horrible though. if you listen to these tracks expecting something comparable to the original you’re setting yourself up for a loss.

# eskay Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 7:01 pm

^ *fog horns go off*

*lighters go up*

*DJ pulls back sounds*

>>I guess I let my stannery blind me LOL.

it happens. mostly to Big and Pac stans.

48. OWWW Says:

IF U LOOK ABOUT CAREER
    scarface, ghostface are on the list too
    IF U WATCH ABOUT BEST THREE ALBUMS BY A RAPPER
    scarface, ghostface are on the list also

49. Dolemite Says:

>>I guess I let my stannery blind me LOL.

it happens. mostly to Big and Pac, lil wayne stans.

^^fixed

50. A tribe called quest Says:

Nas is like is in my top 5, i like the world is your a lot more tho

51. A tribe called quest Says:

>>I guess I let my stannery blind me LOL.

it happens. mostly to Big and Pac stans.

–The jay stannery is picking up speed, dont be to quick to judge

52. Beezy Says:

The shit you listen to young just leaves an imprint on you…I mean I listened to rap well before BIG….but The Chronic, Illmatic, Ready to Die…that shit was the formative years of my life. BIG just never had a chance to tarnish himself like Dre, Nas and alot of other rappers have I guess.

53. anons Says:

also, Jay is kind of a nerd…no shots

Gnoz is probably in my Top 6 3/4’s. I just give him a hard time because, well, he’s Gnoz.

^I was actually about to bring up that EXACT same MTV Diary episode. He turned it down and I thought that was honorable considering malt liquor ads get generalized as tasteless. Vodka and cognac companies usually post something respectable that you’ll see in a mag that caters to adults. Malt liquor ads be smack dab in the middle of playgrounds and shit. They don’t give a fuck.

56. Danielson Says:

Dolemite Says:

March 4th, 2009 at 7:06 pm
    >>I guess I let my stannery blind me LOL.

it happens. mostly to Big and Pac, nas stans.

^^fixed

fixed some more.

57. anons Says:

Ever since that i looked at rappers funny when they did such commercials

For all his faults…Nas is nothing if not a conscious, enlightened rapper

# OWWW Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Stack Bundles >

^ SQ-SQ-SQ-SQ…

59. Beezy Says:

^They’re targeting different groups though.

Broke people might buy all of that….but more affluent people buy cognac and vodka…but they dont buy Colt 45.

I’d stroke more than Marsha’s ego.

61. Beezy Says:

Big L > Jay

Big L > Nas

>>enlightened

roffle

63. A tribe called quest Says:

Desert storm had a potential goat squad, its not even funny.

>>Big L > Jay
    >>Big L > Nas

^how you figure b. L was dumb nice, but come on, lets be serious. at least if we’re talking about Biggie, he had CLASSIC fucking songs.

>>^They’re targeting different groups though.

^That’s exactly my point, which is why I commended Nas for not doin’ that Bud ad on that old MTV Diary.

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Desert storm had a potential goat squad, its not even funny.

^Clue? is an habitual ball dropper. Nh.

67. the watcherz Says:

Stack Bundles >

the realist shit i heard all day
    i feel stack was suppose to take jay spot in nyc what younging you know in nyc was betta

68. kevfresco Says:

D. Billz Says:

March 4th, 2009 at 7:10 pm
    I’d stroke more than Marsha’s ego.

HEY! easy. thas one of my future favored in my harem/multi baby mommas.

69. Dolemite Says:

Stack Bundles >

^^^wtf dude was mad average(nh) you can take any rapper from NY and have stack bundles

70. Kell-El Says:

anons Says:

March 4th, 2009 at 7:10 pm
    Ever since that i looked at rappers funny when they did such commercials

For all his faults…Nas is nothing if not a conscious, enlightened rapper

^ True words

*Gets a whole bunch of Nas acapellas and remix them on Jeezy beats*

71. A tribe called quest Says:

^Clue? is an habitual ball dropper. Nh.

–Word, gotta commend for putting those niggs on tho. I swear Focus by joey is a historic clue record.

72. OWWW Says:

‘Frank & Jesse LP’ – “Bun B & Scarface” duo album will be crack!
    —————————————
    SCARFACE (best from South)
    NAS (best from NYC)
    CUBE (best from West)
    they need this album together… cuz da would be sickness
    —————————————
    FACE, BEANIE & JAY too. Hope Dis As One His Ten Albums with Live Nation

73. A tribe called quest Says:

–You can show yourself out (c) Nation

74. Carlos Voltron Says:

# A tribe called quest Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Desert storm had a potential goat squad, its not even funny.

*Smacks cocaine laced blunt out of ATCQ’s hand*

75. PHENOMENON Says:

For the last time. . . I’m not a Jay-Z Stan!!!

76. *mooko* Says:

what album finally knocked big off as king of ny…and replaced him in every whip riding up and down 125th st and the rest of ny…who knows??

77. Beezy Says:

^Ebonics is definitely a classic to me. Shit, both his albums are fucking classics to me. They may not have had the radio appeal that these guys did…but radio appeal doesnt equal greatness.

78. kevfresco Says:

word to mysonne son.

79. the watcherz Says:

Stack Bundles >

your crazy what stacks what u hearing who has stacks charisma right now

80. OWWW Says:

Too $hort>>

>>i feel stack was suppose to take jay spot in nyc

good grief

82. A tribe called quest Says:

*Smacks cocaine laced blunt out of ATCQ’s hand*

–*Picks up cocaine laced blunt*

*pulls*

Freck

Your move…

# the watcherz Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Stack Bundles >

the realist shit i heard all day

^That’s why I felt some type of way when niggas was disrespecting his death like that. He was definitely about to be Top 5 dead or alive. He brought so much to the game. So much swag. And I guess lookin’ like Jim Jones’ blood brother (no Nine-Trey, even though) woulda helped too.

84. OWWW Says:

Too $hort, Ghostface…
    Scarface!!!
    yo
    DAT’s TOP 10
    EMCEE LEVEL
    too

85. A tribe called quest Says:

>>i feel stack was suppose to take jay spot in nyc

good grief

–Nah neva that but he could have been atleast on fabs level or the very least jim jones level

86. Carlos Voltron Says:

How does Nas consistently bad beats? The versus are nice, but geez this is horrible.

87. *mooko* Says:

when big and nas went head up…nas laced big…made him write kick in the door

88. Dolemite Says:

Stack Bundles >

your crazy what stacks what u hearing who has stacks charisma right now

^^^dude was mad average not to say he couldn’t have gotten better. What classic songs/verses am i missing out on?

89. the watcherz Says:

>>i feel stack was suppose to take jay spot in nyc

good grief

well pardon self if i sound crazy but stack was to illest on ds in my opionion and he had a qualities needed to become a legend stacks had to most potental out all the young rappers at the time. now woulda been the perfect tyme for stacks cause no one really holding ny down right now

90. Eastern_Digital Says:

FACE, BEANIE & JAY too. Hope Dis As One His Ten Albums with Live Nation

Jay, Beans, Face is TOp Albums that’ll never happen

btw: Illmatic >> Stillmatic >> Lost Tapes >> IWW >>> Gods Son >>> I Am(off Nas Is Like alone) >>> HHID >>> SD >>> Nastradamus

>>They may not have had the radio appeal that these guys did…but radio appeal doesnt equal greatness.

while, I wholeheartedly co-sign this, I also feel like alot of Big’s radio hits transcended the culture, whereas L was more for the cats like myself who put lyrics first. and L’s second album was not a classic.

92. *mooko* Says:

everyone knows….BIG L was the heir 2 the rock throne…they was tryin 2 sign L when he was murdered….plus he bodied jay on stretch and bobito

93. Eastern_Digital Says:

check Violence and Diamonds Are Forever freestyle and tell us again that Stack wasnt special no homo

random list of comparable rappers who were better than Stack Bundles:

Fab
    Budden
    Ransom

no disrespect to the dead, and I do think Stack was nice, but I woulda take any of those guys over him.

95. Danielson Says:

real talk.

platinum plus (depsite being killed by big daddy kane on his own shit) is another classic song and so is ‘Flamboyant’.

96. PHENOMENON Says:

It’s the things in Hip-Hop that were supposed to happen but didn’t because of foolishness that irk me.

Especially with Jay.

From the rumored signing of Big L, to The Commission, to a potential battle with Pac. [I still say Pack didn’t want it with Hov]

97. Danielson Says:

From the rumored signing of Big L

wasnt a rumour.

From the rumored signing of Big L,

^He actually got signed. They had a set date to throw a party for him 2 days after the day he got murked. At least that’s how I remember the story when I read it in XXL some years back.

99. Beezy Says:

I never said Big L > BIG though….I said Jay and Nas. I’ll take L in every statistical category over those two…except radio play, music videos made, and trends adopted by suburban white youths.

100. the watcherz Says:

random list of comparable rappers who were better than Stack Bundles:

Fab
    Budden
    Ransom

Budden is the best on that list and he said himself on mm3 that he wouldent let stacks get too ill on freestyles or songs with him cause he knew he would totally get outshined now what would that tell you about him. Stacks was beast…everyone in ds knew it

101. Beezy Says:

>Thats how I remember it.

102. Beezy Says:

^BDK murks that, and co-sign Flamboyant as a classic.

“If a chick don’t like ME, she must like women”

I still live by those words till this day. *does the Doug E.*

I told my former white dorm mate that quote and he used it as a signature on one of his art pieces. Dead ass.

104. Danielson Says:

“surprise niggas like a blind date, L rhyme great and I’ma increase the crime rate for old times sake”

105. Paul Says:

# eskay Says:
    March 4th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

illmatic but it was all down hill from there.

^^^^^^^^^^ha wat a joke. When will ppl stop being brainwash and take the time to listen to the mans body of work, then speak on it.

106. ok Says:

Nas is the GOAT!

107. freedom Says:

Nas never fell off…you people say the same corny shit about Nas all the time! Ask yourself can you do better than Nas? Hell no….so stop with the bullshit! Everything is about beats…but you can’t tell me Nas can’t lyirically get it in..even on his worst day Nas still is lyrical! Nas still got classic ability!

108. kage Says:

Big L Stans > Nas/Jay/Big/Pac Stans

I know I am, shit…

109. QUEENZ Says:

I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA LOSE MY MIND IF I READ ANOTHER DUMB FUCKING POST SAYING NAS FELL OFF AFTER ILLMATIC OR SOME DUMB SHIT ABOUT BAD BEAT SELECTION SINCE 1994!!!!!!!!!!!! IS IT REALLY LOGICAL TO SAY THAT A MAN’S WHOLE CAREER SPANNING ALMOST 16 FUCKING YEARS IS SOLEY BASED OFF OF ONE ALBUM 10 TRACK ALBUM????? STOP BEING FUCKING PUPPETS REPEATING STUPID SHIT YOU OVERHEARD SOME FUCKING HATER SAY. NAS IS A LEGEND FOR FAR MORE THAN JUST ILLMATIC. THE FUCKING BEST EVER AND ALL YALL WANT IS A BROTHER TO RAP ABOUT THE SAME SHIT HE WAS WHEN HE WAS 17-18!!!! THE MAN IS GROWN WITH DAUGHTER AND A WIFE, WHEN THE FUCK WAS HE SUPPOSED TO GROW UP AND RAP ABOUT LIFE FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE?????? THATS THE PROBLEM WITH US BLACK PEOPLE AT TIMES IS THAT WE DON’T SUPPORT GROWTH. FOR YOU NIGGAS REFER TO “SECOND CHILDHOOD” OFF OF STILLMATIC. DO YALL REALLY THINK THAT IF BIG WAS STILL ALIVE TODAY THE SUBJECT MATTER ON HIS ALBUMS WOULD STILL BE ABOUT SHIT HE SPIT ON READY TO DIE??? IS JAY STILL THE DUDE HE WAS ON REASONABLE DOUBT??? NAS IS A VICTIM OF HIS OWN SKILL AND SUCCESS CUZ EVERYTHING HE SPITS IS EXPECTED TO BE FROM THE STATE OF MIND A YOUND TEENAGER RUNNING WILD IN QUEENSBRIDGE….AND IF HE WAS STILL DOING THAT WHILE HE’S LIVING IN MANSIONS AND FLYING AROUND IN SUPERCARS YOUD SAY HE WASNT LIVING WHAT HES RAPPING ABOUT RIGHT????…….I GUESS YOU CANT SATISFY EVERYONE. NAS IS THE GREATEST EVER IN MY EYES AND EVEN IF SOME DONT AGREE AND SAY JAY, BIG, OR PAC ARE ON THE TOP OF THEIR LIST YOU CAN’T EVER SAY “HE FELL OFF” OR “HE’S GARBAGE”, THATS JUST IGNORANT AND DISRESPECTFUL. AND TO ALL THE DIE HARD NAS HEADS, KEEP SUPPORTING, KEEP RIDING FOR THE GOD. PEACE

110. NepsOne Says:

3 classics, Ill, IWW, and STillmatic. and the others preety good minus the NSatradamous crap

111. NepsOne Says:

and yep queenz.. he is a goat!

112. Pay Says:

you guys don’t even stay on topic! same old argument.. ALL THE TIME. Let the music live and not die in your words of vein… because every album you guys are talking about are DOPE albums for there OWN reasons. They are a MUST in any hip hop CD changer. So respect to all and to all the artist and THEIR pieces of art that they contributed to the game and the evolution of Hip Hop as a whole.

Now about the track, I think it’s dope, Nas is spittin the knowledge and it definitely references the original classic… but it does not compare. I think the beat should have been a bit more grimy rather than its poppy sound. But it’s a smirnoff track i suppose. Nas will always give you something interesting to listen to, and his lyrics keep you in-tuned into his music. I’ma rock this and reminisce.
    “never backwards stupid, heres another classic”

and now ya’ll should pick up that new K’NAAN… a breath of fresh air in hip hop!

113. Brett Says:

anybody see the episode with snoop making mashed potatoes with landy cognac.. lol

114. queenbee Says:

I saw it…to me that was the best episode…LOL…tho Luda had a lot of A.D.D. personality haha

115. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Nice & Smooth + Pac Div - Funky For ‘09 (Smirnoff Signature Mix) Says:

[…] Previously: Nas ft. Marsha Ambrosius – If I Ruled The World ‘09 (Smirnoff Signature Mix) […]