Drake Interview w/ Complex

drake-so-far-gone

Drake speaks to Complex on a number of subjects ranging from his musical upbringing, to some of his influences, to the theme and plot line of So Far Gone, which makes a lot of sense actually. He also speaks on how he met Lil Wayne, the naming of his latest project, speaks on the XXL Freshmen 10, the comparisons to 808’s along with his own major label debut. He also sorta denies ghostwriting for Wayne but… nevermind. Also speaks a bit on his lifestyle, whether it’s clothing, champagne, Blackberry or maintaining a balanced daily diet of Nah Right.

Complex: Listening to your earlier mixtapes, as well as So Far Gone, a constant theme seems to be the notion that “All That Glitters Ain’t Gold.” It seems like you try to be honest and downplay the rapper lifestyle, like when you talk about buying a Phantom but regretting it.

Drake: Yeah, well, to be even more honest, I leased a Phantom instead of buying one, ’cause I didn‘t have enough money to buy a Phantom, I leased a Phantom because that’s what I thought I needed to do. And I’ve done a lot of things to just enjoy my nights a little more and to feed my ego. And that’s kinda why I rap about it, because a lot of people are like, “If he ever steps out of line, I’m gonna say Drake’s wack.” So the only choice I have is to be honest with my listeners. And that’s not to say it’s not a glamorous life and it’s not fun, but the reality is it’s great for the average person to hear a musician’s reality because we all seem so unattainable and so out of reach that when you bring yourself back to eye level with a fan and do it in the right way…

Complex: What’s the right way?

Drake: You don’t make stupid internet videos or show people you have too much free time, you just say the right things and they’ll be like, Damn this dude’s a real person and I can relate to that. That can make somebody’s life, that can make somebody’s day, that can be a line that they never forget. So I try to have as many of those lines as possible so that fans feel like Drake isn’t only one of my favorite artists, I feel like he’s one of my friends, he talks to me. That’s one of the benefits of being honest with your music. But some people are scared to do that, too, you know. Because some of their images are built off facade and that’s OK, as long as you can keep it up. But we’ve all seen what happens when you slip up, and that’s a stressful life, I don’t want to live like that. Letting people find out shit about, printing out my documents and putting them up on Thisis50.com.

Always said I’d say it all on the right track
But in this game you only lose when you fight back

Link: Drake Talks Young Money, Kanye Comparisons & Ghostwriting

234 Responses to “Drake Interview w/ Complex”

1. G7 Says:

>>Drake: Yeah, well, to be even more honest, I leased a Phantom instead of buying one, ’cause I didn‘t have enough money to buy a Phantom,

===
    smart dude

2. BStuyboi Says:

………………

3. Fux aka the Arbitrator of all things hard and faggots who dont go in Says: Says:

the DRAKE

4. Eric Mangini Says:

Drake= Isaac Hayes

5. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

6. D_Block_4_life Says:

I’m on my Ross and budden shit….yeah

7. babydoll Says:

*comes back from twitter* (shout out to all my followers btw)

*hands in late pass*

That Rihanna pic is awful…smh

8. nation Says:

>> This was a great interview. Not even on some Stan shit. I dig his music, but after reading this, I respect his artistry & perspective on things. Other MC’s could learn a thing or two.

i agree

9. moresickaMC Says:

lol…Drake takin shots at Rawse? jk

10. Fux aka the Arbitrator of all things hard and faggots who dont go in Says: Says:

I understand the dude cuz I love Tequila and considered it one of my passions(no bamma) and take time and cop nice bottles, pull one out when friends come over and sip. Its cool to have a pastime or passion that is a little off center.No toy collector

the New Rick Ross track is HOTFIYAAAAAAAAA

11. Voltron Says:

I just wanna prove how I let everyone off… pause

tinypic.com/2lc65qv.jpg

*dead @ my wit*

*the ecstatic’s it up*

12. CTCVET85 Says:

===
    smart dude
    @ G7

AM I SMART FOR SAVING UP TO BUY A HOUSE?
    WHO WOULDN’T DO YHAT IF U WANTED TO STUNT WITH A PHANTOM. WE ALL NOT SELLIN RECORDS AND WORKIN THE FORTUNE 5.

13. R.J.Orion Says:

canadian national anthem > drake’s catalog

14. nation Says:

>> AM I SMART FOR SAVING UP TO BUY A HOUSE?

you’re brilliant, now pipe down

15. moresickaMC Says:

Chimp Was Unusually Close to Owner

Travis the chimpanzee’s relationship with his owner was closer than those of some married couples.
    Sandra Herold gave him the finest food, and wine in long-stemmed glasses. They took baths together and cuddled in the bed they shared. Travis brushed the lonely widow’s hair each night and pined for her when she was away.
    y do i get the feeling sick people will start fighting for beastiality rights in sometime in the future? first gays,lesbians,trannies…thats y ppl should hav never crossed that line.every sicko will want a right

16. nation Says:

“call me jeezy hamilton, riding down camel tits” > Every Charles Hamilton Ex-Girlfriend’s Worse Nightmare

17. Mr.Dean Says:

Damn Chris brown!!! it’s Ova

18. Voltron Says:

**EDIT**

I just wanna prove how I let everyone off… pause

i44.tinypic.com/2lc65qv.jpg

*dead @ my wit*

*the ecstatic’s it up*

19. sean coonery Says:

Rick ross

20. nation Says:

wow, so the police make Rihanna take a photo while her bruises are fresh and the swelling doesn’t go down and what not and some disgusting fucking pig sells that shit to TMZ… shits disgusting b

21. Voltron Says:

# nation Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:23 pm

that pic is disgusting. she looks like something from roswell

22. Carlos Voltron Says:

I’m not a drake fan, but that interview says a lot of good things about his character.

23. yeah me 2 Says:

Drake > Any new niggas thats out now

24. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

LOL SHOTS AT JOE BUDDEN!

25. nation Says:

word

26. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

I leased a Phantom

Yahud stay winning.

27. Voltron Says:

# Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:31 pm

LOL SHOTS AT JOE BUDDEN!

EXACTLY what i was thinkin

28. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

riri’s forehead is enormous

drake’s eyes are like a foot apart

if they mated their child actually would be a martian:

stampede-entertainment.com/monstermakers/wallpaper/wp-martian-6-m.jpg

29. yeah me 2 Says:

When Stefano Pilati suits are ya night clothes
    And Jordan sweat suits are ya flight clothes
    And you still make it, even when they say ya flights closed

30. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

Drake basically did everything a new artist can do right, right. Shit is amazing. His rise was meteoric. You have to think cats like Donny Goines look at this dude and get sick – not on some hatred shit, just on some, wow, this dude was on his grind for like 5 years less than me and yet he’s about to put out an album on a major with the support of EVERYFUCKINGBODY.

31. nation Says:

Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

^ lol

32. Voltron Says:

My order. Not of skil, but who i like more. pause:

Kid Cudi > Charles Hamilton Drake > Wale > Mickey Facts and them other dudes >>>>>>>> Mazzi and the walking blog.

33. pfunktheking Says:

Drake is one smart dude..

34. rex hussla Says:

Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:33 pm

drake’s eyes are like a foot apart

________________________________

*DEAD*

35. CTCVET85 Says:

LOL

36. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

wheres this riri pic everyones talking about??

37. rex hussla Says:

Complex: Which websites do you always check out?

Drake: I read Nah Right all the time; Kanye’s blog. Really one I can credit that I check everyday is Nah Right.
    __________________________________________________________

Yo fuck you pretty boy LMAO…let me find out this dude is a reg

38. Voltron Says:

# rex hussla Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Complex: Which websites do you always check out?

__________________________________________________________

Yo fuck you pretty boy LMAO…let me find out this dude is a reg

Dont try the double bluff Drake Rex

39. D_Block_4_life Says:

40. Eric Mangini Says:

Those cats from TMZ are fuckin brilliant at sensationalism, I bet there are pics with her eyes open but they probably selceted the closed eye pic to subconsciously plant the seed that she was near death.

I’m from the hood, I’ve seen people get beat up, Ive seen people scuffle with their girls, not necesarily hitting her but maybe choking, putting her in a headlock etc, these often results in cuts, scrapes, which is what she has now.

No black eye, no split lip with blood oozing, none of her injuries to me says she was hit, I don’t dispute that she was overly roughed up or even abused, but the sensationalism over this whole story is bullshit, especially when both of em gonna make yall look like fools in 3 yrs when they get married, TMZ will be the first reporting “how happy the couple looked”

41. R.J.Orion Says:

G7 = Drake

*straight face*

42. omar swanson Says:

yo peep rihanna

43. moneyray Says:

# HAHAHAHAHA Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

wheres this riri pic everyones talking about??

^tmz..thisis50..mediatakeout..

son really went in on her

44. Voltron Says:

putting her in a headlock

standard protocol

45. rex hussla Says:

Just in case you were wondering, I’m really Scott Van Pelt from Sportscenter

46. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

Eric Mangini: “none of her injuries to me says she was hit…”

moneyray: “son really went in on her…”

NAH RIGHT – SERVING UP A DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS SINCE 2005.

47. Eric Mangini Says:

# moneyray Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

# HAHAHAHAHA Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

wheres this riri pic everyones talking about??

^tmz..thisis50..mediatakeout..

son really went in on her

^^I don’t see it..I don’t see the part where he went in..wheres the blood? Her bruises look like he had her in a chokehold/headlock for 15 minutes saying “Rihanna chill”

the first photoshopped pics were way worse than the real pics

48. Voltron Says:

# moneyray Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

# HAHAHAHAHA Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

wheres this riri pic everyones talking about??

^tmz..thisis50..mediatakeout..

son really went in on her

not really. she just looks like she got a few scrapes and she aint wearin make-up.

49. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

nation Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Shits foul.

50. Da PartyStarter Says:

Gawd DAM!!! Rhi-Rhi looks like a Ferrengii….

51. Eric Mangini Says:

# Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Eric Mangini: “none of her injuries to me says she was hit…”

moneyray: “son really went in on her…”

NAH RIGHT – SERVING UP A DIVERSITY OF OPINIONS SINCE 2005.

^^Im saying,…I seen my lil sister come home looking way worse after scrapping with another chick..I DONT THINK CRIS WAS RIGHT IF HE DID OPEN HAND PUNCH HER,…but I also know niggas that had to lightly scuff up they girls cause they was trynna avoid a fight.

52. Joey Profit$ Says:

Eric Mangini Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Chris is that you?

53. nation Says:

yeah, i don’t think it’s a conspiracy against Chris Brown. but i definitely think these media outlets are taking the advantage to preach righteousness when they’re the biggest scumbags on the earth for even documenting that shit

but who am i to speak, i post Walking Blogs

54. Da PartyStarter Says:

Wassup Land aka Demond Wilson….

Yeah, I Dug DEEP for that one….lol

55. G7 Says:

CTCVET85 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 10:17 pm

===
    smart dude
    @ G7

AM I SMART FOR SAVING UP TO BUY A HOUSE?

====
    he’s smarter than the avg rapper. and even if another artist was leasin’ rides, they wouldn’t have decency or humilty to admit it. the Canadian way. and yes you”re smart for saving up to buy a house.

56. R.J.Orion Says:

she doesnt look beat up that bad to me either … although her bottom lip looks blistered and burnt up … (herpes?) … it looks like she got dragged across the pavement, moreso than beat down

57. CTCVET85 Says:

**EDIT**

I just wanna prove how I let everyone off… pause

i44.tinypic.com/2lc65qv.jpg

*dead @ my wit*

*the ecstatic’s it up*

———————————————

^^^^^^^^^^^
    UPGRADE?

58. Eric Mangini Says:

^^Word son…niggas actin like she looked like Celie, Color Purple.

A few days of vitamin E and cocoa butter treatments and she’ll be right back.

59. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

I LOVE MY FOLLOWERS, BUT I HATE BLOGGERS (c) nashawn

60. G7 Says:

>>>>>>>> Mazzi and the walking blog

====
    don’t even rate that guy.

61. rex hussla Says:

Late pass but I just saw the worst video/song/dance combo of all-time…”Stank Leg”. Really?!?!?! Awwwwwwwwwww maaaaaaannnnn. I mean, goddamn the video was so bad I was stuck just watching it in horror…is that what they’re looking for?

62. Voltron Says:

>>> but who am i to speak, i post Walking Blogs

and FUCK YOU for it naysh

no shots. lol

those walking blogs are beyond trash

63. Da PartyStarter Says:

Real talk, Rhianna looks like Martin after he tangled with Tommy Hearns…

64. G7 Says:

R.J.Orion Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 10:52 pm
    G7 = Drake

*straight face*

====
    *dead*

65. nation Says:

fuck chea

66. JayRight Says:

The media has been going in on Chris Brown’s whole family. On the radio they were asking if Chris was abused as a child and if theres any history of abuse in his family.

67. nation Says:

fuck Victory, more than chea

68. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i was on chris side till now…WHAT THE FUCK… he beat the shit out of her…that nigga is a scumbag WOWWWWW i thought it mighta been a lil black eye or something but it look like she had a fight with kimbo…wow

69. rex hussla Says:

# R.J.Orion Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

______________________________________________________

Yeah my guess is he was driving, they were arguing, she popped him in the face and he just pulled over and smothered her with a headlock and mighta accidentally pushed her over once they got out the car. I mean, when my broad loses it she’s liable to do anything. She probably got way out of pocket and he was just trying to contain her. In the process she got a little rugburn to the grill.

70. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

this nigga need to get his as wooped for real thats to much!!

71. Joey Profit$ Says:

JayRight Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:02 pm

They forgot to ask if he ever went to Mr Jackson’s ranch as a little boy.

72. rex hussla Says:

Victory shut the fuck up and step up your walking blog game…

lmao

73. wavy is a cliche Says:

lmao this niggas spittin mad subliminals in this interview.
    you know that clown joey gonna have something to say

74. G7 Says:

you guys don’t think Chris boxed Rhi that hard, but if that was ya sis, you’d think differently.

75. Eric Mangini Says:

# R.J.Orion Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

^^^Yea the forehead bruises are definitely from “being in a headlock” the forehead is bruised at its highest points signyfyin that it was dragged across an object…and not punched 2x, no swelling.

The lips probably came from her trying to bite him(female oh shit I gotta do something signature move) as he fumbled for her mouth to prevent himself from gettin bit and also tried to restrain her from hitting him..he scratched her face up.

76. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

Eric Mangini Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

^^Word son…niggas actin like she looked like Celie, Color Purple.

A few days of vitamin E and cocoa butter treatments and she’ll be right back.

I know cats try to be funny & shit, but if you really believe the shit you’re sayin’, you really need to wipe the crust outta ya eyes & grow up.
    I hate to be the “voice of reason” cause that shit is corny, but some of the insensitivity in here is disgusting. Real talk. Would you take it as light if that was your mother, sister or daughter?

77. Voltron Says:

# nation Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:03 pm

fuck Victory, more than chea

I know you hate Victory, and I hate Victory too (c) Eskay’s Deputy.

I think Eng is Drake.

And that dude Mazzi gets no love since he LOST HIS MIND dissing Jay Electronica. smh.

78. Da PartyStarter Says:

It ain’t severity or lack of of her injuries. It’s the phsycological scars and the perpetuation violence against women. Far be it from me to toss stones from my glass house but its kcuffed up. We’re commenting with a certain detachment that betrays the seriousness of this issue. I really coulda been one of our mothers, sisters, daughters or spouses. She’s kcuffed up and it’s not cool.

That being said I still got jokes because this IS Nah….

79. Joey Profit$ Says:

That nigga beat her harder than a pinjata @ a mexican fiesta

80. Voltron Says:

@ rex – shots fired??

81. Eric Mangini Says:

<<Watches CSI..plus I’ve seen women get beat by men…that shit aint pretty, both eyes closed, lips split..like in half, cheeks look like she blowin bubblegum, handprints around the throat..this was mild in comparison.

82. CTCVET85 Says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    @ G7

I’M CAN’T SPEAK FOR ANY OTHER ARTIST BUT REALITY IS REALITY IF U DECIDE TO STUNT WITH A PHANTOM 9 TIMES OUTA 10 IT’S NOT BEING BOUGHT NIGGAZ AIN’T STUPID AND THATS REAL. THE CANADIAN WAY OR NOT I’M FROM NEW ORLEANS AND THAT’S MY POINT OF VIEW HOMIE.

83. rex hussla Says:

Amp why you always so serious?!?!?!

This is NAH RIGHT!!!!

I mean c’mon maaaaaaaannnn. I dig what you’re saying but you gotta let loose a little more. You seem like the type that wakes up aggy everyday waiting to debate anybody on anything.

84. PW Says:

Rihanna can’t wear Gucci shades cuz her knots dont fit.

Chris Brown needs to be thrown under the bus.

85. Joey Profit$ Says:

That nigga didn’t have to do that he’s a bitch bottom line that nigga wouldn’t dare to fight Clay Aiken if needed be… He’s a Pussy!!

86. Eric Mangini Says:

^^^im not trynna be that funny. i’m speaking from experience, I’ve seen, niggas scuff women up like how Rihanna looks now BECAUSE THEY DIDNT WANNA FIGHT..just you and her and she keep coming at you on some man shit..by restraining her you end up assaulting her…she gets scraped up..like rihanna is now.

IF CRIS BEAT HER WITH A OPEN HAND ALL WILLY NILLY AND SHE DIDNT START IT THEN HE’S WRONG.

If she wanted it and he had to do what he had to do to get away then so be it…Word to Cocoa butter.

87. Carlos Voltron Says:

# Eric Mangini Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:06 pm

# R.J.Orion Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Get over yourself. You niggas ain’t Gil Grissom.

88. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

Eric Mangini Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

But why are we comparing it to something more severe? It is what it is. Shit’s got me tight & I could really care less about Rihanna. It’s the fact that you just don’t do that.

89. rex hussla Says:

# Voltron Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:08 pm

@ rex – shots fired??
    __________________________

I’m saying man, you’re trying to blow up?!?! [ll]

I think Mazzi’s onto something

90. OJ PIMPIN Says:

*Late night Daps*

91. G7 Says:

Joey Profit$ Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

^co-sign

92. anons Says:

damn, did CB really do that?

i’ma wait til all the facts come out

*listens to Cudi mixtape*

*listens to So Far Gone*

*tosses Cudi’s tape into the back of the closet*

93. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Chris Brown is a pussy nigga. Only faggots and Eskay beat on bitches

94. G7 Says:

*daps X*

95. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

LOL!

I mean there’s truth in that, but still. I’ve gotten into plenty of shit with my BM, but she never ended up looking like that.

96. rex hussla Says:

As bad as it looks (the shit is terrible in all seriousness)…there’s two sides to every story.

97. wavy is a cliche Says:

Rihanna can’t wear Gucci shades cuz her knots dont fit.

*dead*

98. OJ PIMPIN Says:

TD Jakes (mixtape)>Drake (mixtape)

99. Joey Profit$ Says:

Word to Cocoa butter.

lol

100. Eric Mangini Says:

# Joey Profit$ Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

^^Cause you was there right? You saw when he had a chance to walk away but he did’nt take it, he just pulled over started fuckin her up, but did’nt break her jaw, blacken her eyes, cut her..thats what happened.

101. R.J.Orion Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:06 pm

————-

oh im not condoning his ations, they just said she had ‘horrific’ bruises … i aint see that

102. babydoll Says:

@Ampgeez – it really doesn’t seem like you hate being the voice of reason…at all

No shots…

*anticipates light scuffle*

103. Voltron Says:

ROFL @ all of the nahberians now turning out to be forensics

104. G7 Says:

>>I think Mazzi’s onto something

===
    *searches for sarcasm button*

105. Eric Mangini Says:

Get over yourself. You niggas ain’t Gil Grissom.

^^Actually I’m Horatio Cane..I buss my guns outside the lab.

106. OJ PIMPIN Says:

I know I talk a lot of shit, but even I don’t condone a dude hitting a female period. If a bitch slaps you just take it and turn the other cheek (c) Kweli

107. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

babydoll Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:14 pm

No shots…

*anticipates light scuffle*

Not even lol. I just can’t stand outright ignorant shit. It fucks wit me lol.

108. Voltron Says:

good lookin rex. (NAH)

109. G7 Says:

>>Only faggots and Eskay beat on bitches

^lmao

110. rex hussla Says:

I mean, if my chick hauled off and popped me twice in the face…I love her and everything but there might be ten seconds of a blackout. It’d be almost an out of body experience. I’m sure Chris had that and that’s why he took off ’cause there really isn’t a way to apologize for that shit.

111. nation Says:

i think So Far Gone was cool and he said it, he had to get the singy shit outta the way cause he was signed to a rap deal. but he’s definitely multi-talented/musically inclined like Wayne told Semtex

112. OJ PIMPIN Says:

R.J.Orion Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:14 pm
    G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:06 pm

————-

>>>>>>>>>>

You serious Land? She looks like when Martin fought Tommy “hitman” Hearns

*remembers Martin taking that uppercut*

113. Salvia_Blunts Says:

nahrightingtons-

a question if i may — What will be the best album release for the rest of 09….im thinkin jada.

114. Rockabye Says:

Can I clarify the stuff I was saying earlier? I realize this is a hip-hop blog more concerned with ayos and things than criticism of music, but:

Drake speaks words in rhythm to music in a flat tone that’s recognized as “rapping.” This makes him a “rapper.”

If he does other things too, so be it, but he fits the biggest criterion for being a rapper. Whether he’s a good one or not is another question.

115. Joey Profit$ Says:

^^^^^

*Blank Stare*

Chris is that you?

116. Voltron Says:

>>Only faggots and Eskay beat on bitches

the etherest of shots fired

117. G7 Says:

Drake can actually sing. no auto-tune required.

118. Joey Profit$ Says:

Doubt it?

119. embark Says:

# G7 Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:19 pm

Drake can actually sing. no auto-tune required.
    *waits for the haters*

120. rex hussla Says:

# Salvia_Blunts Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:18 pm

nahrightingtons-

_________________________________________________________

I’m no Jayhova’s witness…but I’m going with BP3 ’cause Kanye is in a zone with the beats.

I mean he made horrible vocals balance out with amazing beats for 808s

121. G7 Says:

>>She looks like when Martin fought Tommy “hitman” Hearns

*remembers Martin taking that uppercut*

====
    that was a great episode

122. Voltron Says:

# Salvia_Blunts Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:18 pm

nahrightingtons-

Pharoahe Monch, then Mos, then Em, then Dre. If Lupe drops then put him after Mos.

123. Salvia_Blunts Says:

It’s a shame curtis had to take it this far

124. OJ PIMPIN Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:19 pm
    Drake can actually sing. no auto-tune required.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He may be able to sing, but I don’t wanna hear singing with my hip hop, unless it’s a hook. The fucking singing was too much to me and his lyrics were just avg, but luckily for Drake there isn’t 6.3 billion other niggas like me

125. Da PartyStarter Says:

You serious Land? She looks like when Martin fought Tommy “hitman” Hearns

That was me, not Land aka Donny Simpson

126. Voltron Says:

All Nahgerians, look and see my Rulefulness:

i44.tinypic.com/2lc65qv.jpg

but I spared you all!

*feels proud*

127. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:19 pm
    Drake can actually sing. no auto-tune required.

Nah, he needs at least a little effect on his vocals. Listen…

zshare.net/audio/5589872981f98883/

128. Salvia_Blunts Says:

with the exception of dre, solely cuz hes only dropped 2 albums, the rest of these dudes will all face the same criticism…

What side of the artist will we see this time around….i say that mostly staring at em’s new album but also with mos….i love that dude, but he’s downright bonkers at times.

129. Da PartyStarter Says:

Who’s Drake?

130. G7 Says:

Salvia_Blunts Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:18 pm
    nahrightingtons-

^from the four or five tracks we’ve heard from Jada’s album so far, he has no chance. I guarantee a dozen albums or more better than his.

131. pfunktheking Says:

wavy is a cliche Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:05 pm
    lmao this niggas spittin mad subliminals in this interview.
    you know that clown joey gonna have something to say

i don’t think drake’s taking shots.. it’s just a lot of rappers put their boring lives on blast and make stupid videos showing their money chains cars and what not.. i understand if it’s for mtv cribs or something, but look on worldstarhiphop and there’s tons of bammas just making videos because they have cameras. and if joey has something to say, it’s probably cause he feels the shoe fits him and that’s automatic fail on his part.. great interview though

132. R.J.Orion Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:19 pm
    Drake can actually sing. no auto-tune required.

————

now im SURE G7 is Drake …

133. rex hussla Says:

DJ Booth: Is that something that you refuse to do with your music?

Jadakiss: You’re never gonna hear me on Auto-Tune, unless I get cancer of the throat from smokin’, and they’ve got to get me one to talk.

134. G7 Says:

Da PartyStarter Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:24 pm
    Who’s Drake?

^that character on Seinfeld

135. anons Says:

Rihanna can’t wear Gucci shades cuz her knots dont fit.

WOW…line of the week

Drake = rapper/crooner>>>> Cudi = hipster/sanga

136. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Da PartyStarter Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:24 pm
    Who’s Drake?

>>>>>>>>>

Nation’s overhyped cousin

137. Rockabye Says:

Is Monch dropping? Lupe? BP3? Em? Detox?

Hell, do them Lonely Island boys have another one of those “look how easy it is to laugh at hip-hop” albums in them?

All that, then the Clipse, top of my list, then Jada.

138. Voltron Says:

What’s Seinfeld?

140. A tribe called quest Says:

As far as canadians go

Max > Drake

141. G7 Says:

lol @ RJ

Drake is a lot better than some rappers pretending sing

*cough cough* kanye *cough* wayne

nh

142. anons Says:

lmao this niggas spittin mad subliminals in this interview.
    you know that clown joey gonna have something to say

i think he was shooting more at the bow wows and soulja boys…

but niggas need to be careful bout goin tow to tow with Degrassi Drake…

143. OJ PIMPIN Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:27 pm
    As far as canadians go

Max > Drake

>>>>>>>>>

As far as canadians go

Snow (Enformer who licked your boom boom down) > Drake

144. Voltron Says:

Pharoahe Monch next album is going to be the craziest shit ever.

W.A.R. (Let My People Go) > D.E.T.O.X.

And Cudi > G7/Drake

145. A tribe called quest Says:

^that character on Seinfeld

–What is this you speak of, whos drake on seinfeld?

146. Joey Profit$ Says:

^that character on Seinfeld

I can’t believe he didn’t everyone knows that it’s the character on Seinfeld.

147. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Joey Profit$ Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm
    ^that character on Seinfeld

I can’t believe he didn’t everyone knows that it’s the character on Seinfeld.

>>>

We’re Black!

148. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Voltron Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm
    Pharoahe Monch next album is going to be the craziest shit ever.

>>>

Co-Sign

149. Voltron Says:

# OJ PIMPIN Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Joey Profit$ Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm
    ^that character on Seinfeld

I can’t believe he didn’t everyone knows that it’s the character on Seinfeld.

>>>

We’re Black!

Nevertheless.

Curb >>>>

150. G7 Says:

rex hussla Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:25 pm
    DJ Booth: Is that something that you refuse to do with your music?

^but he forced a reggae legend like Barrington Levy to use that shit….SMH

151. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Kissing my wife’s ass>Jada-Kiss my azz

This website’s got to have the most niggas over hyping music

152. anons Says:

damn, i’m still trying to picture chris “excuse me miss” brown actually givin rhi the biz like that…

i mean that aint ur garden variety domestic abuse, thats on some kill bill “do you find me sadistic?” type shit

153. pfunktheking Says:

“diss me and never hear a reply for it”

154. Mag Says:

So whats Bang’em smurf doing in queens these days?

155. OJ PIMPIN Says:

Yo I’m out. Ya know old people can’t stay up late

*Does the Wop*

100

156. Da PartyStarter Says:

I’m still stuck on PR track #8. And Q-Tip’s mixtape, and the UnKut “Nautilaus” Mixtape, and Jeanius, and Jada’s jawn. I don’t got time for the cutesey wootsey “I’m a rapper but so much more, my style is a little left of center because I’m different(deep) and clothes ae JUST tight enough to pique intgerest in the “safe” catz” typa shit this lifetime. I don’t care about your backstory, your 5 star musical credentials nor your deitary habits. Just SPIT, money. If you dope you dope….

157. G7 Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm
    ^that character on Seinfeld

–What is this you speak of, whos drake on seinfeld?

====
    h t t p ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handicap_Spot

158. anons Says:

This website’s got to have the most niggas over hyping music

cosign…but i admit to a bit of Drake stannery, cos the game is starvin for originality and real talent these days so a nigga’s entitled.

*crosses arms, raises chin, turns back to nahgz*

159. Joey Profit$ Says:

Da PartyStarter Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:32 pm

^^^^^

Tell em how you feel son tell them how you feel!!!!

160. G7 Says:

A tribe called quest Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm
    ^that character on Seinfeld

–What is this you speak of, whos drake on seinfeld?

====
    w w w.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handicap_Spot

161. Eric Mangini Says:

I go hard 7 days of the week
    365 im out gettin cheese
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn

and even in a leap year 366
    no days off baby we gettin it
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn…

and justttt
    in case you aint no cash rules
    im bout the cheese and
    imma eat till I got manboobs
    a nice nigga but
    I got mad tools
    and Ill spit em till they clickin like tapshoes
    im mad smoove
    like usher wid dem dance moves
    better yet the anchor man with the yasflute
    dem hoes lookin better i hook em like Ab dul
    Crown Vic whipping
    tint darker than a bad bruise
    You cant compare Nick imma different something
    me I got a bear grip, youre Teddy ruxpin
    with girls Ima sherriff
    that dont mean i cut em
    that just means I share if
    my niggas wanna cut em
    hey what can i say I got friends wit money
    Drizzy what up?
    we make dem good chicks act slutty
    flip a couple a p’s in remembrance of scummy
    cause he always wanted to do was stack money

I go hard 7 days of the week
    365 im out gettin cheese
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn

and even in a leap year 366
    no days off baby we gettin it
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn
    countin up my papahhhhhhhhh,Stackinnn…

*does the stanky leg *

162. A tribe called quest Says:

I’m still stuck on PR track #8. And Q-Tip’s mixtape

–i cannot listen to just one song off that mixtape. The best of qtip is like a movie that must be played from beginning to end.

163. Rockabye Says:

Just SPIT, money

Go to that Say You Will remix. Dude goes.

164. Voltron Says:

My rhymes pop like them nines, they claim tote
    But they rap lackluster shine
    My shit busts like Busta Rhymes sniffin’ lines of coke, “Woo Hah!!”
    That’s all she wrote
    On the quest to qualify for these inquisitive quotes
    Quirk ass MC’s be as Queer as Folk
    Talkin’ about, “lyrical rap”
    No shit Sherlock, y’all just can’t see me like Matt Murdoch
    I’m the pinnacle rhyme kid and any line of mine is criminal mind
    And I blind ‘er with original rhyme shit
    Fall in line with the sick, cynical grime shit
    Clinically approved for you to move your behind with
    Timeless are world girls who get inspired with Pharoah
    Do you need to be reminded now?
    Stick ’em up, it’s that
    Get ’em up, it’s that
    Put ’em up, it’s that
    Let’s go!

They researched my stem cells, cloned ten of me
    Sent one of ’em back in time just to get rid of me
    Stop Pharoahe Monch from having verbal epiphanies
    Find More lyrics at http://www.sweetslyrics.com
    Now that’s new definition to “your own worst enemy”
    I glisten man, stop snitching man
    Let’s go!

165. G7 Says:

OJ PIMPIN Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:31 pm
    Kissing my wife’s ass>Jada-Kiss my azz

This website’s got to have the most niggas over hyping music

^co-sign. that Jada tape only has a couple heaters on it. shit was just too predictable.

166. Voltron Says:

My rhymes pop like them nines, they claim tote
    But they rap lackluster shine
    My shit busts like Busta Rhymes sniffin’ lines of coke, “Woo Hah!!”
    That’s all she wrote
    On the quest to qualify for these inquisitive quotes
    Quirk ass MC’s be as Queer as Folk
    Talkin’ about, “lyrical rap”
    No shit Sherlock, y’all just can’t see me like Matt Murdoch
    I’m the pinnacle rhyme kid and any line of mine is criminal mind
    And I blind ‘er with original rhyme shit
    Fall in line with the sick, cynical grime shit
    Clinically approved for you to move your behind with
    Timeless are world girls who get inspired with Pharoah
    Do you need to be reminded now?
    Stick ‘em up, it’s that
    Get ‘em up, it’s that
    Put ‘em up, it’s that
    Let’s go!

They researched my stem cells, cloned ten of me
    Sent one of ‘em back in time just to get rid of me
    Stop Pharoahe Monch from having verbal epiphanies
    Now that’s new definition to “your own worst enemy”
    I glisten man, stop snitching man
    Your chicks text us like Dallas and Austin
    I spark tireless illumination
    Fire sixteen bars, wireless communication
    Let’s go!

167. Da PartyStarter Says:

^^^^^

Tell em how you feel son tell them how you feel!!!!

Nah, Son!!! NaH!!!! The y got catz runnin’ ’round, with shiney shoes and britches so tight they got zippers on the side and shit, If you got on high tops that hi and you ain’t ballin, they go-go boots. And what’s that got to do with hip-hop anyway? ….(c) grouchy old man on porch who keeps your football when it lands in his yard. LOL

168. G7 Says:

that Q-tip mixtape is easily the best of the year so far, but its not really fair to the rest cuz 90% of it is classic material from way back.

169. k1ng Says:

Drake: “And Toronto, they say, is the Screwface capital. They say it’s the city of hate”

=================================================

lol it’s true, VC made that happen. and if this nigga don’t drop a classic (which im sure he will do) then fuk him too.

170. anons Says:

niggaz buggin over this new york post cartoon….smh

171. Da PartyStarter Says:

Rockabye Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:36 pm
    Just SPIT, money

Go to that Say You Will remix. Dude goes.

I can’t find the link to his jawn no more(nh)…..(sheepishly) LOL

172. nation Says:

>> Nah, he needs at least a little effect on his vocals. Listen…

nah that song is perfect

173. A tribe called quest Says:

–What is this you speak of, whos drake on seinfeld?

====
    w w w.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handicap_Spot

–Haha i remember that one

174. ridalen Says:

Real talk, Rhianna looks like Martin after he tangled with Tommy Hearns…’
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*dead and gone* (c) Justin

175. Rockabye Says:

Pharoahe’s Official like Starter, hit harder than Fort Green
    Authentic, Nike, Adidas and Spalding
    ?Permitted? behind the back like makin em all fiend
    From my intricate ways to shake ya whole team
    Official, Starter hit harder than Fort Green
    No authentic, Nike, Adidas and Spalding
    Permitted behind the back like makin em all fiend
    For my intricate ways to break ya whole team

My style, make the whole crowd Se-au
    Like number 55 on the Chargers
    I promise thee I Dodge a nigga like Raul Mondesi
    Somberly stay calm, fighting Means like Natrone
    The bomb, like Hail Mary’s inflated wit napalm
    RAP PLEASE US! Deliver scriptures similar to Jesus
    That you couldn’t catch if you was Ivan Rodriguez
    So don’t compete within the zone where the ? is
    I’m on the phone in the luxury box like George Steinbrenner
    The owner, makin you give your Diamond-back like Arizona
    Winnin always Indian like Chief Nakahoma
    Sock a nigga in his face, Pharoahe’s the Sporting Authority
    Blacks attracted to my rap like ?games in sororities?
    You already fucked up when you stepped up to bat
    Strike (one) strike (two) strike (three), that’s that

Yo the realness stuck, females Blauch my Knob like Chuck
    Dispense to standing in count commence to rebound like Buck Williams
    Triple Crown threat to score, plus the bonus strange
    Without the Rover, more range than Rey Ordonez
    One of the MC’s flip my kind of grammar on the break
    Three on one like Phi Slamma Jamma
    Serve a slot, a curve-splitter-knuckleball-spitter-change
    Every rhyme hid a bitter note, quote Get a game
    Not Allen Iverson, forget crossin-over shake men
    Similar to Troy, I bring the pain destined to Aik-man
    Break men off, take men out, make me wanna slander
    Prime Time, my rhyme defense beyond Deion Sanders
    I walk the earth with my Rod in this Strick-land
    Promise, people thought I was Thomas Hearns the way I Hit Man

For my intricate way ta-ta-ta-ta yo yo
    Official like Starter, hit harder than Fort Green
    Authentic, Nike, Adidas and Spalding
    The minute behind the back like makin em all fiend
    For my intricate way ta-ta-ta-ta
    Yo, I stick around like hockey, now what the puck
    Cooler than fuck, maneuver like Vancouver Canucks
    In ya speaker, destroy your woofer, mids and tweeters
    Not Wolverine but still I holds claws like Chamique
    Water Boys get slaughtered automatic like Bobby Boucher
    Push ya wig back like Marv Albert’s toupe
    Blaze a Trail like Portland on a track that’ll amaze ya
    Omnipotent on the D like Clyde Frazier
    Slide, phase ya, glide get off the uhh
    I’m commin wit the *scatting*

176. Da PartyStarter Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Yeah but when De La reworks his lyrics AND you hear ALL the beats he’s had a hand in(Mobb Deep, Apache and shit) and his humilty. Man, That’s one of the my top 5 mixtapes of all time.

177. Joey Profit$ Says:

lol

178. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

nation Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:42 pm
    >> Nah, he needs at least a little effect on his vocals. Listen…

nah that song is perfect

179. G7 Says:

no doubt Party. that mixtape will get spun for a while easily.

180. k1ng Says:

why do i feel so alone
    like everybody passin thru the studio
    is in character
    as if we actin out a movie role
    talkin bullshit as if it was for u to know
    and i dont have the heart to get these
    bitch ass niggas the cue to go
    so they stick around kickin out feedback
    and i entertainin as if i need that
    i had a talk with my uncle and he agreed
    that
    my privacy about the only thing i need
    back
    but… its hard to think of them polite
    flows
    mista fano poloto suits on yo night
    clothes
    and jordan sweat suits are yo flight
    clothes
    and you still make it even when they
    say yo flight closed
    eyes hurtin ‘front of da camara fallin
    light shows
    life was so full now dis shits just been
    light pole
    always said id say it all on the right
    track
    but in this game u only lose when u
    fight back
    black diamond bracelets
    showin u da basics
    i cant live n hold da camara
    some one gotta take dis
    i make beats juss like a bitch
    just married i aint miss
    24 hours from greatness
    im dat close to yo
    dont ever forget the moment
    you began to doubt
    transitionin from fittin in to standin
    out
    los angeles cobanas or atlanta south
    watchin home shows
    embarased to pull my camara out
    and my mother embarased to put
    my phantom out
    so i park about 5 houses down
    she said i shouldnt have till i have
    the crown
    but i dun wanna feel the need to wear
    disguises around
    so she wonder where my mind is
    and counts in the minus
    but yet im rollin round the fuckin city
    like yo highness
    got niggas reactin without a sinous
    coz wha im workin wid is timeless
    and promoters tryin to get me out to
    dey club
    and say i have fun but i cant imagine
    how
    coz i juss see my ex gurl standin wid
    my next gurl standin wid da gurl dat
    im fuckin right now
    n shit could get weird unless dey all
    down
    n so i stay clear
    we from a small town
    when everybody talks
    n everybody listen
    n somehow the truth juss always comes
    up missin
    ive always been sumttin dat these lables
    cant buy
    specially if dey tryin to take a peice
    of my soul
    n still b only tellin tales “damn drake
    fly”
    n he just be like “silly mother fucker
    i know”
    dat was yo bad
    how cud u pass up on em
    he juss take the records n he
    gass up on em
    weighin em will prolly put a million
    cash up on em
    suprised no one ever put yo ass
    up on em
    oh they did pole at least they try to
    n das wha happens when u spittin
    whas inside u
    but slip up n shoot the wrong fuckin
    video n they think they can market
    u however they decide to
    naww
    before they told me to do me
    n dun listen to any body that knew me
    coz who woulda known me would
    mean that theres a new me
    n if u think ive changed in the slightest
    coulda fooled me
    baa into my city im da 2-3
    drug dealers live vicariously thru
    me
    i quit school n is not because im lazy
    im juss not the social type and campus
    life is crazy
    understand i cud get money wid my
    eyes closed
    lost some of my hottest versus down
    at cabo
    so if u find a blackberry wid a side
    scroll
    send dat mothafucka to any rapper
    dat i know
    coz dey need it much more than i
    ever will
    i got new shit
    im gettin better still
    little niggas put my name in their
    versus
    coz they gurlfriend put my ass
    on a pedastil
    future said coz this yay shit u better kill
    n i think its got them makin of a legend
    field
    problem wid these otha niggas they
    aint neva real
    ya … das all i can say

181. rex hussla Says:

# Da PartyStarter Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:43 pm

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:40 pm

_______________________________________________________

CO-SIGN maaaaaan that tape is crazy and I was actually happy to get some of that random shit like that Beastie Boys – Get It Together and Dee-Lite’s Groove is in the Heart.

182. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

nation Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:42 pm
    >> Nah, he needs at least a little effect on his vocals. Listen…

nah that song is perfect

Especially @ the end of the song. He’s way off, but you can hear how it’s supposed to sound cause you’re used to hearing him in autotune

183. Eric Mangini Says:

“Nickelus F..sleeping in the crawlspace underneath the slaughterhouse”

cause if it aint this its that
    so I mix an match
    switch my path
    swing thru the liquor store
    hit the flask
    switch flows ever bar
    trick the track
    we dogs after the loot
    sick the sack
    watch every step
    dont trip the traps
    make it all count
    rip dem raps
    forget dem hoes
    stick to stacks (c)Nickelus

184. nation Says:

>> You really think so? He’s a little shaky @ point that the autotune would usually correct. I’m being nitpicky cause I do think he can sing, but he has to tighten his shit up if he were to just be an R&B artist.

nah you’re right, but you can’t hate on a song that talks about taking someone’s girl. i applaud that shit regardless

185. Da PartyStarter Says:

Peace Nah…

*Does the Biz Mark*

186. sleep Says:

Damm they said chris beat rihanna but I didn’t think it was that bad. Shit looks like she got hit by a car.

187. Voltron Says:

Pissed on the motherfucking White House lawn
    I threw a rock, then I ran
    Cause I couldn’t stand anymore within the grip of the man
    Y’all wanna ask me who’s sane
    These biological gasses are eating my brain
    Its a political grab bag to rape mother earth
    Thirty seconds after they bagged dad for what he’s worth
    Thousands will die now so millions can smile later
    This ain’t the +Rockford Files+ nigga
    They stockpile data for satellites
    Where you discuss who’s style is greater
    In this killing pool you playing it cool like Kyle Jada
    When ya’ll ready to rock like Led Zep and Al Qaeda
    With weapons of mass destruction an hour later
    What’s your identidy today?
    You on some John F. Kennedy or Timothy McVeigh?
    This Henessy done left me with a remedy to spray
    For my identity your life is the penalty to pay
    Motherfucker

[Monch] {Crowd
    [Y’all ready to rock?]
    {We ready to rock
    [Y’all ready to roll?]
    {We ready to roll

[Hook 2]
    My life is all I have to give
    Please lord forgive me for my sins
    My life is all I have to give
    Damn you that lost the will to live
    Trapped in the game
    Just tryin to win (3x)

[Verse 2]
    Its not a Vietnam song
    I know women from desert storm who came back deformed
    Missin limbs and disease and they legs is numb
    Chemicals twice as strong as agent orange
    Its messages in the bass drum
    War goin off in your mind
    No man is safe from
    Its not a Game Boy about the PlayStation
    Its +Resident Evil+ when every President’s a mason
    Robbin y’all fools like ?
    And y’all inherited roots and don’t know how to retrace them
    Place them back
    Face them facts
    Disgraceful, faceless, tasteless acts
    Pharoahe takes teh authorities to court
    Peep crime before it happens like +Minority Report+
    And I will never be mentally defenseless
    Cats be on the block, in the hood in the trenches sayin

188. rex hussla Says:

nation Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:46 pm

________________________________________________________

Isn’t that every R&B track since 97????

189. Rockabye Says:

I can’t find the link to his jawn no more(nh)…..(sheepishly) LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=MmyRhEGZpO8

“Don’t ever forget the moment you began to doubt
    Transitionin’ from fittin’ in to standin’ out”

and

“They say I have fun but I can’t imagine how
    ‘Cause I just see my ex girl
    Standing with my next girl
    Standing with the girl that I’m fucking right now”

190. rex hussla Says:

Yo Nasty Nate…what kinda B.O.B. material you got? I downloaded that Who the Fuck is BOB? mixtape but the dj drops are atrocious.

191. sleep Says:

Any illegal activity done by a rapper this decade»»»»chris beating rih rih, r.kelly fucking young girl

192. ant Says:

for some reason I have a problem with jada sayen rap should be a steppin stone

193. G7 Says:

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

194. SHOUTSTOMYDUDECRI Says:

goddam nigga 10 kanye mentions?

195. anons Says:

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

no. fucking. way. that picture just KO’d his career

196. EnglandRepresent Says:

>> AM I SMART FOR SAVING UP TO BUY A HOUSE?

you’re brilliant, now pipe down

^^lmfao

197. Voltron Says:

# anons Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:56 pm

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

no. fucking. way. that picture just KO’d his career

that picture = most city girls @ 4am on the weekend

198. EnglandRepresent Says:

Three Drunk Women had a very late night drinking. They left in the early morning hours and went home their separate ways. The next day, they all met and compared notes about who was drunker the night before.

The first girl claimed that she was the drunkest, saying, “I drove straight home and walked into the house. As soon as I got through the door I blew chunks for 10 minutes.”

The second said, “You think that was drunk? Hell I got into my car and wrapped my car around the first tree I saw. I don’t even have insurance!”

The third proclaimed, “Damn, I was the drunkest by far. When I got home, I got into a big fight with my husband, knocked a candle over, and burned the whole house down!”

The room was silent for a moment. Then, the first girl spoke out again, ” Listen girls, I don’t think you understand… Chunks is my dog.”

199. old.sole Says:

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records
    =====================================

true he jus gotta be “sorry” for his actions n then drop his “Confessions”
    he goes Platinum has hit songs…viola career resurrected.

200. Rockabye Says:

Where’s this Rih Rih pic?

201. Joey Profit$ Says:

G7 Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:54 pm
    after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

*imagines head lines*

Chris Brown’s sells a million ringtones to his Hard hittin single “love hurts” or “Why you have to fight back” or “I did it cuz I love you” or “baby I hit u but it’s the last time”

*takes cover*

202. Voltron Says:

# EnglandRepresent Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:59 pm

lol.

nothing more. nothing less.

203. A tribe called quest Says:

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

–i saw ike on the letterman show a few years back, he’ll eithe be fine or he’ll be black balled from the industry

204. rex hussla Says:

# anons Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 11:56 pm

after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

no. fucking. way. that picture just KO’d his career
    __________________________________________

ahhh c’mon man that kid is a cash cow [ll]

He’s got a good team, if not somebody else will invest the money to rehabilitate his career.

Dude could just shed tears for Barbara Walters, talk about all his issues and whatnot.

If Rhianna accepts his apology down the road even better.

205. old.sole Says:

@ Eng. Rep
    *dead*

206. rex hussla Says:

*dead* @ EngRep

207. Eric Mangini Says:

“dont get caught slippin
    guns like eatin chicken
    fingers is lickin”

im on the clock like a stop watch
    watch how they stop to watch
    as i
    hopscotch my words got bop
    I got pot
    try to rob me
    you ot not
    i hit you wit a two piece quick
    like Wop Wop
    this purple urkle
    pot got
    me like ha ha

braggin bout my purchase
    100 dollar shirts with
    ketchup stains dripped off the burger
    murda murda murda
    lookie
    kill em wid the footgame
    girls wanna play footsie
    bang nookie
    savage with the box
    I got em on me like a magnet on my crotch
    savage with the cock
    like a rabbit with a hopppp
    heffer screamin on the bottom
    and Im laughin on the top (c) Chuuch..NIcke F.

C0-signs Nicke F.

208. sleep Says:

Initially I thought chris career was over but after hearing these chicks blame rihanna and defend him it the aftermath of everything. His career is good. He may not sell multi platnium records but he’ll be atleast a gold artist.

209. G7 Says:

anons Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:56 pm
    after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records.

no. fucking. way. that picture just KO’d his career

===
    I don’t know. I’m not saying he’s gonna have some amazing career, but i think he will move a few units(ll). Anything is possible in America..

210. rex hussla Says:

It sucks because Chris Brown was alright in my book…better than B2K or them faggots from Pretty Ricky [ll]

211. Voltron Says:

We can face the fuck off like hockey or Face Off like Travolta
    Face off like car radios with the mind of Minolta
    Face off like Treach if you’re fuckin with Vin Rock
    You still pop shit? I face off like fembots
    And I’m the six million motherfuckin dollar man
    with a six million muh’fuckin dollar plan
    For thug niggaz and pimp players and drug niggaz
    Your technique, I sweep under the rug niggaz
    Out of Queens, shit I serve with the fiends and bug niggaz
    I’m above niggaz, but all in all, I love niggaz
    like my man Benny Rat (uh) showed me the rap game
    Told me never to act sane on a record or rap plain
    Now the name reign supreme, seen major creme
    Rhymes, sicker than lyme disease and gangrene
    I’m the most obligated, nigga creatin havoc
    Check the meaning for Monch, the meaning becomes tragic
    RAW – if you want it
    RAW – yea we got it indeed
    Yo actually I’m just tryin to eat
    FOR SURE – if you need it on tour
    Yea we ready to bleed
    I’m sayin God I’m just tryin to eat
    Aiyyo Uptown (WHAT?) the Bridonx (WHAT?)
    Long Isle (WHAT?) Stridong (WHAT?)
    Brooklyyyyyyyyyyyyyn (BO! BO! BO! BO! BO! BO! BO!)
    Yo (WHAT?!)
    Where the fuck is Queens? (RIGHT HERE!)
    Where the fuck is Queens? (RIGHT HERE!)
    Where the fuck is Queens? (RIGHT HERE!)
    Yo where the fuck is Queens? (WE RIGHT HERE!)
    Where the fuck is Queens? (RIGHT HERE!)
    Yo where the.. yo yo
    Yo where the fuck is Queens? (RIGHT HERE!)
    Yo (WE RIGHT HERE!)
    Basically y’all could get eight twice like Lynn Swann plus get ate like pussy
    Get ate like Mickey D’s after the hydro when you push me
    Get ate like cannibalism and sliced surgical
    In any extremity y’all get infinity vertical
    Every line to word of mine will be verbally placed to murder you
    The master, flippin convertible flows irreversible
    Unobtainable to the brain it’s unexplainable what the verse’ll do
    Pharoahe’s the sperm your mind’s the eggs I’m burstin through
    Y’all heard of me, I pack macs and crack vertebraes
    Leave niggaz with third degree burns and back surgery
    Mics guns knives, pick declare which object, flip
    Have niggaz runnin like the Blair Witch Project
    RAW – if you want it
    RAW – yea we got it indeed
    Yo actually I’m just tryin to eat
    FOR SURE – if you need it on tour
    Yea we ready to bleed
    I’m sayin God I’m just tryin to eat

212. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

at first i thought the herpes thing wasnt true but after seeing this it looks like homie had some serious animosity in him towards her

213. rex hussla Says:

*pretty ricky’s it up*

*humps an ottoman*

214. Joey Profit$ Says:

I’m out ya later Nah Righteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers..

215. rex hussla Says:

ayo

216. anons Says:

ahhh c’mon man that kid is a cash cow [ll]

you are all forgetting the fact that only females listen to this nigs music…he’s gonna get crucified in all the chick mags that his fans read…plus the MSM will roast his ass too cos their favorite past time is celebrating a young black man’s fall

the only way he survives is if this turns out to be a hoax

217. Voltron Says:

NATION: youtube.com/watch?v=40J5QjEpJ9w&feature=subscription

props or sutn please

218. Da PartyStarter Says:

Rockabye Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:50 pm
    I can’t find the link to his jawn no more(nh)…..(sheepishly) LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=MmyRhEGZpO8
    ^^^^^^
    Not bad… Sounds very familar but kinda dope. Nice rhyme sceme. I need to hear more but he nice…

219. sleep Says:

These kids have ADD so if he lays low until summertime 2010. Get neyo to write him a hit that shit will be 1 on itunes in a week.radio station could say we’re not playing any chris brown records right now but that’s easy cause he don’t have a album out.

220. Voltron Says:

youtube.com/watch?v=40J5QjEpJ9w&feature=subscription

Tihiry is not human

FACT

221. Voltron Says:

If you think I’m lettin “some nigga” touch my wife, you must be OUT YO MIND!

and Joey’s filmin it like his heart aint bleedin

222. anons Says:

NATION: youtube.com/watch?v=40J5QjEpJ9w&feature=subscription

props or sutn please

*watches*

*thinks her ass is too big*

*reassesses Drake’s shots*

*hopes they were aimed at Budden*

this shit is hella funny. the hug at the end had me dying

224. Voltron Says:

Offical single off ‘Padded Room’, droppin’ Feb. 24th, the offical video is coming soon!
    Category: Music
    Tags:
    Joe Budden In My Sleep Padded Room Amalgam Digital Slaughterhouse Now I Lay Royce Da 59 Joey Jumpoff Pump It Up JoeBuddenTV Tahari

225. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

old.sole Says:

February 19th, 2009 at 11:59 pm
    after all this Chris Brown will still sell a few records
    =====================================

true he jus gotta be “sorry” for his actions n then drop his “Confessions”
    he goes Platinum has hit songs…viola career resurrected.

Oh, he’s gonna be confessin’ alright…lol

226. anons Says:

somebody asked earlier who was gonna kill it in ’09

*clears throat*

if Ye drops a hip hop album he will own the year

227. ridalen Says:

rihanna pic link

228. mcarroll4716 Says:

Drake = Kid Cudi UPGRADE

229. Nah Right » Blog Archive » Video: Drake Interview w/ Eighty81 Says:

[…] Drake Interview with Complex | October’s Very Own Presents: Drake – So Far […]

230. Lexx Says:

This is a new one. Rappers jackin’ on the Economist for their album covers:

231. Tony Says:

Drake straight killed this

232. rakeem Says:

he has fans to solidfy lol that means dont make a fuXkin song with souljah boy . i been a fan since room for improvement tho. alot of ppl look up his album on google just to say the were the first person to know about him. its funny.

233. A Good Year « The Calm Says:

[…] with Complex Drake including us in the historic release of So Far Gone This eye-opening follow-up interview w/ Complex TheSmokingSection x Nah Right showcase at SxSW in Austin, TX VIBE’s 50 Hottest Rap Blogs […]

234. Nah Right » Drake Complex Cover (Feb/March) Says: