Cam’ron’s XXL Cover Story

XXL has gone ahead and made a portion of the April cover story with Cam available online. Here he speaks on the aftermath of his infamous phone conversation with Curtis and one of the main reasons for the rift between him and Jimmy.

XXL: After the Hot 97 call, Dipset didn’t jump to your defense. Then Jim actually started making public appearances with 50. This seemed to expose a rift between you two.

Cam: What people gotta realize is that, like, Jim’d been doing his own thing. It may seem… We may come to one person video or the other person video, but we’d kinda been not hanging out anyway. But whatever is going on behind the scenes don’t always have to be public. So if somebody was trying to diss him in public, I took offense to that, because that was my brother. But, yeah, we’d kinda been shied away from each other behind the scenes anyway.

XXL: How come?

Cam: Well, I don’t know his reason, or what he thinks, but one time Jim was in my house, and we was plotting and strategizing on our marketing and promotions. And out of the blue he asks me, “You wanna have a fake beef? Between me and you.” And I was like, “Hell no!” That didn’t even make sense. I was like, “Why would we do that? That would confuse the fans.” And he was like, “Oh okay.” But for me, I took that as, you must wanna go your own route anyway, because why would you even make that suggestion? So when he made that suggestion, it wasn’t like beef or no problems, but I kinda shied away and started letting him do his own thing. Because I felt, why would you even say that if you didn’t wanna go and do your own thing?

Link: Cam’ron, Here I Am

Previously: Juelz Santana XXL Outtakes

176 Responses to “Cam’ron’s XXL Cover Story”

1. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

Cats really hate Fif that much?
    Fuck record sales, this is a rap battle & Ross is on the losing end. Point blank. The thing 50 & ‘Ye got into was about sales…not this.

2. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

cOLD Says:

February 13th, 2009 at 3:11 pm
    amp listen to cigar music again.
    ============================
    Great song…not a diss record.

3. Digital Scales Says:

I think arguing an opinion is fucking corny

4. BabyDoll Says:

Digital Scales Says:

February 13th, 2009 at 3:12 pm
    I think arguing an opinion is fucking corny

^isn’t that really what happens around here…ALL DAY LONG? lol

I think arguing an opinion is fucking corny

^ I agree, fuck your opinion.

*smashes babydoll*

7. M.Tyson Says:

————————————————————————————
    “Cam fell back for 3 years,what did people expect us to do? fall back too?”

getting on stage with Curtis was foul but outside of that Jim and Juelz were as loyal anyone who could have been

thats that kush, word.

9. PHENOMENON Says:

Don’t let your hate for Fif cloud your vision. See, that’s the shit I hate about the blogs & internet rap fans. Be honest. I don’t stan any of these niggas & I don’t hate any of em either. I judge them on the day to day. Rick Ross has been dragged throught he mud & you can’t see the L’s he’s taken?

^ ^
    I don’t hate 5O. I don’t know him. I just have no interest in his antics. It’s just not my thing.

I don’t see the loss because I’m not the type of person who’s opinion would be swayed by this foolishness. Especially when I didn’t expect Ross to win.

5O has done this before. so it’s obvious that his end goal is to hurt Rawse’s popularity, his sales, and the overall public opinion about him.

But how would that change my opinion when I don’t put stock in these pseudo rap beefs.

As long as Rawse makes good music there is no real loss for him because that is the sole reason he has been winning in the music business.

10. Digital Scales Says:

# BabyDoll Says:
    February 13th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Digital Scales Says:

February 13th, 2009 at 3:12 pm
    I think arguing an opinion is fucking corny

^isn’t that really what happens around here…ALL DAY LONG? lol
    _____________

Yeah but niggas but on different levels….These 09 niggas aint playing fair, you gotta explain everything

11. Big Homie Says:

Ladies…if you are going to wear something tight please do not wear granny panties..shits discusting b

12. Digital Scales Says:

# Big Homie Says:
    February 13th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

____________

Shit a nigga like me like some granny panties, big gray sweat panties

13. Bananas the Ape Says:

Victory Says:

February 8th, 2009 at 2:35 pm
    # Victory Says:
    February 8th, 2009 at 2:34 pm

Double Repeat: Please check the dudes ISP! I have never, i repeat NEVER, had any homosexual thoughts in my mind before!!! plus lil wanyes ass aint even that flat!!

I DID NOT POST THAT.

ESKAY, NATION, DRE – COME ON!

MAKE A RULING!!!

I DIDNT EVEN POST THAT!

14. moresickaMC Says:

fact is Ross called Fif out first, and u know Fif was gonna respond. so dont twist it like 50 started this “beef”

15. D_Block_4_life Says:

Ross’ 3 joint’s >>>

Daps cOLD & b-ease

16. GeThaTgwaP Says:

cam is exposing this fake niggas!!

KILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. PHENOMENON Says:

^ ^
    Lol, I always wondered what Rawse was thinking about when he did that.

18. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

moresickaMC Says:

February 13th, 2009 at 3:18 pm
    ========================================
    Werd. If you’re so high & mighty that these “rap beefs” don’t phase you, why comment on it. Everything you guys are saying infers that you don’t like 5o & you’re fucking with Ross. There’s a bias there. I don’t like anyone of these cats over the other. Even if you discount all the stuff outside of the music, Ross still hasn’t matched Fif’s disses. Will Ross make a better album? Prolly. But I’m not judging their albums cause their not out yet.

19. AmpGeez a.k.a. Hate Is The New Love Says:

Trade: Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks got dealt from Miami to Toronto in exchange for Jamario Moon and Jermaine O’Neal

20. Voltron Says:

Bananas stop being a prick.

U know very well that wasn’t me, which is why the original gay comments written by the guy pretending to be were deleted by esk/naysh.
    and thats all i’ve got to say.

21. M.Tyson Says:

Pat Rileys a dickhead traded Marion 17 million expiring contract for Jermaine O’Neal dead knees pay him 23 million next year and Jamario Moon??

22. HAHAHAHAHA Says:

rex hussla Says:

February 13th, 2009 at 2:00 pm
    Another case of stupid motherfuckers not knowing their role…

Jimmy lucked up on a hit and forgot his role.

^^^^^

“you never know who your real friends are till you BOTH got money” – hov

and *shout out* to everybody posting clips from cams comeback mixtape when he first sighned to the roc…im bout to go download that again for datpiff.com…KILLLA!!!

23. spirit equality Says:

notice how nas won with the illmatic blurb in the upper right

He didnt win.

He lost when they didnt do one for the 10th anniversary like Reasonable Doubt. They’re just looking for page filler now.

^^ maybe you forgot the long running cam v. nas beef? my point was, never in your life will you see nas on the cover of a magazine with a caption about a record cam released 15 years ago, because none of his albums will have the staying power of illmatic. the funny thing is, the beef started over nas dissing the quality of come home with me, which i’ve never heard anyone champion as a classic so nas was right and it spiraled into years of rambling nonsense about knocking kufis off (threats which never actualized, even though nas generally rolls dolo and ain’t no suge knight). SMH.

24. spirit equality Says:

cam is a better rapper than jim, but jim is no idiot. that story makes no senses. plus, what kind of reason is that to stray away from a man you’ve been friends with since childhood? you need more people, cam….

did the xxl interview delve into the rumors that cam was stealing money from the other dipset members? that’s what rumors say fueled the split….
    ==========================================
    I don’t give a fuck how long I’ve been friends with a nigga, once you show you’re disloyal, it’s a wrap.

^ ^ the point

And Cam didn’t “steal” anything from them. They had deals where Cam got a percentage of their earnings, but he’s the boss & that’s not a crazy notion. Juelz was mad he wouldn’t renegotiate & Cam prolly didn’t because he saw Juelz had sided with Jim. Fuck em.

^ ^ one, the rumors ARE about actual stealing, specifically show money (i can’t prove that, but that’s what i’ve heard). as for the deals, at the time those deals were signed, who had more industry experience: cam or juelz? come on yo. if it’s all about family, why would cam sign his little homie to a fucked up deal?

juelz probably wanted to renegotiate once he saw that cam made more off his publishing than he did.

25. spirit equality Says:

^ ^ all that shit is hearsay and gossip though, i ain’t seen none of the contracts with my own eyes to verify, so whatever…but that’s what’s in the air….

26. spirit equality Says:

and the real moment dipset fell apart was when jim was getting his ass whipped and cam ran for the fences

you can’t abandon your man in a scrap like that…totally unforgivable…