Video: The Alchemist on XLR8R TV – Queens Certified

Here, The Alchemist talks about monsters in the night, street artists who inspire him and how he eventually got accepted into Mobb Deep’s camp.

Previously: XLR8R TV with Bun B @ SXSW

48 Responses to “Video: The Alchemist on XLR8R TV – Queens Certified”

1. Titanic Iceberg aka WOLF BLITZER Says:

Vid] VS Stylez Exposes Joe Budden

I just hope this isnt tru, but i dont see why homeboy wud lie over sumthin like this

2. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

coooooooooooooooooooooor (c) asians

3. Cream of Sumyung-gai Says:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the tostadas in the building across the street were phenomenal. still burping good vibes, everyting irie, i and i and i all had a good meal mon (random jamaican accent purely a function of my pleasure with that glorious lunch). are tostadas really metsican ((c) old white dudes) i mean let’s be serious when i go to mexico nobody’s trying to serve me mountains of ground beef/cheese/sour cream on oversized nacho chips wtf

also late pass but i think i know that dude mustafa mustafa ((c) the white bentley chase), dang this economy is making lots of people curt cobain, hope his family is holding their head

4. herbal kint Says:

jrp14 Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:18 pm
    So am I the only person that finds it odd that Budden has an album coming in two weeks….there is no video, and when he’s interviewed he mentions it for about 30 seconds then changes the subject to baseball? So either it’s wack, it’s gonna get pushed back, or it isn’t coming out period and hes just too embarrassed to say it

…. he stays bringin up in every interview this is the only one where they really didn’t touch on it plus the fact that he had the listening party how long ago ask Eskay how it is he was there …..

5. A tribe called quest Says:

Niggas still mad that the sox straight shitted on the yankees. Bitchass ninjas got scared of a bloody sock so they choked.

Bosox > Your socks

6. Yung Ho Says:

White Sox > any NY Boston team…

I swear to god I dont root for many out of SD teams. But the White Sox was always my squad. Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Tim Raines …… I used to fuck with them, the real reason was their hat was so Icey

7. Yung Ho Says:

And now to Amare, who hopefully won’t end up leaving Phoenix the way Pau Gasol left Memphis (with the trade tilting one way so badly that it’s criminal):

Detroit: Rasheed Wallace is out there; he turns 35 in September. Might be a decent player alongside Shaq since he likes the perimeter. But who else?

Chicago: Drew Gooden’s expiring contract, and young cheap athletes Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha seem to be on the block. Ty Thomas came out of college with no offensive skills; three years later, he still doesn’t have any. He has the makings of a young Ben Wallace, but more springy.

New Jersey: If you read this, nobody should want Amare. The Suns supposedly wanted Yi, rookie Ryan Anderson and a first-rounder in one of the next two drafts. That’s a wave-the-white flag inquiry.

Golden State: The team with major position issues would probably have to part with at least two of the following: Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Corey Maggette or Stephen Jackson. We’d keep Biedrins to pair with Amare and risk losing the other three guys and rebuilding positions 1-3. Good luck finding a 25-8 PF.

Miami: Phoenix apparently isn’t enamored with rookie Michael Beasley. Would the Suns really take Shawn Marion back? Amare would surely love to team up with D Wade and Chalmers, that’s for sure. He’s put up monster stats in the East.

Last year, the Gasol-to-LA deal came out of nowhere. Wonder if there’s a contender that emerges with a lowball deal that Steve Kerr can’t pass up? We’d say Cleveland, but would the Suns really take back Wally, Hickson and a future No. 1? Would the Cavs do it?

Noted Risk-taker Mark Cuban? Seems unlikely since Dirk’s already at the 4.

8. jrp14 Says:

herbal kint Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:22 pm
    jrp14 Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Nah Ty…I wasnt sayin I think it will be bad, I just find it odd I havent really heard shit…I mean are they at least thinkin their gonna shoot a vid for “The Future”? I could see it getting a little play on radio stations at least. Ive got friends who dont really know shit about Hip-Hop but listen to the radio all day and they were feelin it. I have high expectations for it since ive been on a budden music binge the last couple of months so Im just hopin it lives up to my lofty expectations

9. sean coonery Says:

Fuck your mother word to everything

10. Yung Ho Says:

if youre black and root for the BoSox … I cant really look at you and not think Uncle TOM, no shots just dumb thoughts

11. Yung Ho Says:

late Pass:

Who the Fuck is French Montana?

# RIGZ Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:18 pm

French Montana is gonna be a star. And his stardom will turn Max into a star also (if he can stay outta jail).

Just remember I said that.

^Some people know my gov’t as _________, but others call me DBillz and I approve this message.

13. Yung Ho Says:

“When the bill came, Karl Malone announced: ‘Young fella’s paying for it.’ The problem was [Jarron] Collins had yet to cash his first NBA paycheck. ‘I was thinking to myself, ‘Young guy doesn’t have it,” Collins recalled. He considered putting the bill on his credit card and paying it off later when Stockton came to his rescue. ‘I was sitting next to Stock and he whispered to me, ‘Just put down my room number,” Collins said. ‘So I put down his room number and he paid it for me. That was a really nice thing that he did for me. That was the one I got away from, and I appreciated it.'”

14. jrp14 Says:

And usually you have more then one song leaked two weeks before the realease…odd dont you think? And ya I know its independent but still

# Yung Ho Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

late Pass:

Who the Fuck is French Montana?

^Brief synopsis: He started out battle rappin’ during the SMACK days (back when I couldn’t stand him), started the Cocaine City dvd (same one who released that Rucker Park footage), started puttin’ people on blast, got signed to Konvict, and now works with Max B as one-half of the CokeWave.

16. Yung Ho Says:

i am going to buy a physical copy of Jada’s album on gp.

17. rex hussla Says:

Yooooo Dirk needs a beast down low with him, he’d be unstoppable. It’s just the Mavs want to deny he’s soft and don’t want to play to his strengths.

18. embark Says:

# Yung Ho Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:27 pm

*cosigns this man*

19. Yung Ho Says:

Billz(or a Nahgerrian) forward me a good album/mixtape link

shwaniaram@ gmail

thanks in advance

Alc being an unofficial Queens native (when ironically he’s from Beverly Hills) is right up there with Preemo/BK.

Ben Hameen comes thru in 5… 4… 3…

21. Yung Ho Says:

Rex how about

Josh Howard and a few pieces for Amare . Who Knows if the Suns will bite though

iFux

Put in French Montana’s name in the NR search box and download the new CokeWave mixtape.

23. Yung Ho Says:

ok Billz I will give that ish a listen on the strength.

iFux

Fuck it.

sharebee.com/e0f6d0ab

25. rex hussla Says:

# Yung Ho Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Rex how about

Josh Howard and a few pieces for Amare . Who Knows if the Suns will bite though
    ______________________________________________________

I don’t think they would do that…I’d be all for it though. I just hate watching the Mavs now, I hate the team chemistry they have. They need a good big man, they need to build around Dirk the right way. It’s like they just ignore his faults.

26. rex hussla Says:

Fux you watch the Amputee Beauty Pageant?

I don’t think I could pull the trigger LMAO

27. Yung Ho Says:

rex hussla Says:

February 10th, 2009 at 6:36 pm
    Fux you watch the Amputee Beauty Pageant?

I don’t think I could pull the trigger LMAO

I would

its ondemand now? What is it under like Classics or some shit? I forget to go in on there from time to time. I will check tonight.

ohh ya this weeks Anthony Bourdain P0rn Food >______

28. rex hussla Says:

__________________________________________________________

Wooooooow that’d be a heist

29. Yung Ho Says:

Amare and Lebron seems like a good fit. Or Amare and Wade

30. herbal kint Says:

jrp14 Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:27 pm
    herbal kint Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:22 pm
    jrp14 Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:18 pm

… shit mr. me too but I mean he has been everywhere promoting the shit and he screams feb. 24th every chance he gets, I would like to see a video or more airplay for the Future but IMO they fucked up and leaked it too early and obviously amalgam isn’t a big budget label, I’m glad songs aren’t leaking one by one though cause then I would need to fight the urge to listen, I prefer to hear the album all at once for the first time then song by song and I’m thinking hoping thats what they are going for, and that would be the advantage of being on a digital label ….

31. rex hussla Says:

____________________________________________________

yeah and there’s one with this broad Valentina Vaughn who started talking this chick off the street to strip down and give her a massage WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!! that shit got my dick hard [ll]

and did anybody see the preview to the new Making the Band Series. Diddy just threatening all of them like “Nobody is getting out of their contract! This is business!” What a snake…he’ll just bury all those motherfuckers word to DA BAND

32. rex hussla Says:

Salma Hayek let “Nightline” and Cynthia McFadden follow her on a goodwill trip to Sierra Leone a few months ago, and while there she breastfeed a newborn baby boy whose mother had no milk.
    ___________________________________________________

There’s video but you can’t see the tittay

33. herbal kint Says:

rex hussla Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:38 pm
    __________________________________________________________

Wooooooow that’d be a heist

… the Suns know they can’t get anywhere real far with the way they are built now and they have always been the stingiest team in the L ( word to them trading their draft picks for cash for the past 5 years ) so they just want to save money if thats what they is the best money saving deal they might take it because they now want draft picks and obviously aren’t gonna pay Amare in 2010 …..

34. rex hussla Says:

The photo of fourteen time Olympic gold medalist, Michael Phelps, smoking marijuana from a glass bong has made its way onto prime time television and saturated world news. That must be worth something. The owner of the most famous bong of the 21st century believes it’s worth $100,000, reports WIS10, Columbia, South Carolina’s local news station. Supposedly, he put the bong on eBay.

my beard >

36. herbal kint Says:

* edit * if thats what they THINK is the best money saving deal

37. Yung Ho Says:

There’s video but you can’t see the tittay

^^^^^^^^
    LMAO my cuzzo said he saw her at LAX(not the club but the Airport) and said she “smiled at me” and “I winked at her” ………. this nigga is dumb and I hardly believe him but he swears by this. He also said she is like 5’2 or something

38. jrp14 Says:

Ya I’m definitely in the same boat, cuz if its leaked I basically have to listen to it…but I wasnt sayin I wish it was I was sayin its odd that it hasnt been leaked. Im still gonna cop no matter what, because Budden has done enough for me musically that he has earned my 10 bux, or w/e it will cost.

39. embark Says:

# Yung Ho Says:
    February 10th, 2009 at 6:46 pm

LMAO my cuzzo said he saw her at LAX(not the club but the Airport) and said she “smiled at me” and “I winked at her” ………. this nigga is dumb and I hardly believe him but he swears by this. He also said she is like 5′2 or something
    You cuzin had a booger on his face, I was there.

40. rex hussla Says:

Last week, a man informed his wife that he wanted a divorce via Facebook. This week, a woman wants a divorce after catching her husband in a virtual affair on Second Life!

The UK’s News of the World reports that Lisa Best caught her husband, John, “with his online trousers round his ankles–having gay dungeon romps in the web world Second Life.”

“I saw John’s little person having it off with another man in a dungeon on the screen,” said horrified Lisa, 28.

“I just froze with my head on the pillow, silently watching what he was doing. I felt sick to my stomach.

After four years of marriage she is divorcing him despite his pleadings that he was only “messing about”. “There were three in our marriage–myself, John and his laptop. He had it with him everywhere, even in bed,” said Lisa.

“And over the last few months he’d become really hooked on Second Life.”

41. EnglandRepresent Says:

Some people know my gov’t as Denathaniel Williams, but others call me DBillz and I approve this message.

42. EnglandRepresent Says:

All this World of Warcraft/Second Life/Computer geek fest type of activity is strange to me. People who fuck with that shit seem like they have little to no social life. I was interviewing peeps for the spare bedroom in my house and some bint said she was big into World of Warcraft. I gave her the stank eye and told her to get out. Geeky ass virtual world inhabiting lookin ass muthafuckas.

43. Smitts Says:

jeremiah johnson’s beard > Alch’s beard

44. steven biko Says:

queens certified? by who?

45. THE UNDERWRITER Says:

Damn, that interview was dope though. Alc is sharp on those beats; that Fashawn #9 is riduckulous.

46. BigNig Says:

Damn, you niggas talk comment bout everything except the video. fuck yallniggas, go chat somewhere else

47. EBOC Says: